HBO pans and scans movies in the current year

>HBO pans and scans movies in the current year

How is this allowed? I'm genuinely baffled.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0QzOuoaE7u4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh shit you right. Saw it for the first time ever on HBO Now like a week ago and thought it looked off when compared to other Anderson films, it turns out the framing was just fucked. The hell HBO.

I was going to watch it for the first time a couple of days ago, but I could tell just in the opening montage that something was wrong. It's really unacceptable.

Rewatched this a couple days ago on HBO Now as well OP, I was flabbergasted. HBO=cucks

It's bad enough with any movie, but with a Wes Anderson movie it's super obvious that something's not right. I just don't understand how this is still a thing.

I just thought that because it was early Andersob maybe his framing wasn't like always, the whole i keep thinking "wow this early Anderson does lack the exact framing". Fuck me. Great movie tho.

I'm looking through his filmography, and I realized I haven't seen any of Anderson's films. What are some of his best works?

Life Aquatic is his best.

Resident Evil 3

What I'm wondering is, why are TV channels afraid to show even tiny 4:3 segments nowadays (like from older news sections)?
It's either cropped or they use that weird doubling effect on the sides. Just use clean black boxes you hacks.

Darjeeling Limited

I want someone at HBO to explain how they decided this was okay to air.

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Gee maybe because I don't want TWO HUGE ASS BLACK BARS ON THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF MY SCREEN JERKOFF?!

absolutely sweetie

I've only seen one, the rest all look cringey pretentious tryhard shit.

Grand Budapest was fun as fuck, though.

There's a zoom button on your remote. I don't know why people can't just use it.

I don't have my mom pay for HBO so I have to configure her television whenever I wanna watch a movie on there shithead.

I just set the TV in my house that I own how I like it and leave it at that.

I shouldn't HAVE to set anything nimrod it's a fucking television to relax at not a god damn computer for tech support.

you mean his worst. worst writing, worst production design, and no heart whatsoever.

he needs co-writers to rein in his unbearably twee hipsterdom

Moonrise Kingdom is kino, but only if you don't hate white people and America.

1) Rushmore
2) Hotel Chevalier
3) Moonrise Kingdom
4) Darjeeling Limited
5) The Royal Tenenbaums
6) Grand Budapest Hotel
7) Fantastic Mr Fox
8) Castello Cavalcanti
9) Bottle Rocket
10) The Life Aquatic with Steve Zisou (although it has a great Portuguese David Bowie soundtrack)

You can watch Hotel Chevalier here:

youtube.com/watch?v=0QzOuoaE7u4

>and no heart whatsoever.

Except it has the most heart of any of this movies.

I forgot Come Together, his advert for H&M.

I will put it below The Life Aquatic.

>implying life aquatic is not his most kino work

pleb

It's makes the movie look terrible.

Royal Tenebaums is his most accessible

>Royal Tenenbaums
>not Grand Budapest

he is reddit

budapest would never have been made if the public hadn't been more gently introduced to anderson's style in tenenbaums