Characters that trigger you

there is something so utterly sickening and vile about this character type I can put neither words to what it is about them and how I feel about it other than perhaps that they make me feel physically ill and that I would feel no remorse if I were to gravely harm someone representative of these characters in real life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tVFp8KTEw-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know much about the critic but I do hate Lisa and Brian. You probably hate them because they're pretentious, soapbox liberals.
Brian is worse for this because is everything is spoken in the way that assumes only one view is correct.

>implying the critic is anything like those other
He's almost always shown to be in the wrong and shit on constantly
I mean, it also depend on which lisa it is

for me its not about their politics
its the way they speak and act is just so gross
I cant even call them pretentious

this. The other 2 are high in mighty while the critic he was seen as a funny failure.

Lyn from bobs burgers.
I can't stand her

its the exact same thing
hes just this character that represents the author
but instead of accurately representing them its the representation of the wall they wish they had that conceals whom they actually are

>everyone shitting on Brian

what the fuck. He constantly pointed out as being a huge shitter in the later seasons of the show. Hell, on Adult Swim like 2-3 nights ago, there was the episode where he shown as an objective scumbag (his teeth get knocked out by Peter; Quagmire sends him to his dentist; Brian gets a new set of teeth; becomes a real estate agent; decides to pay Quagmire back for his kindness by scamming him with a terrible piece of real estate, knowing full well that he's in the wrong).

I swear, I don't understand Sup Forums takes the bait of "Family Guy is unwatchable post-2009", even though it's fixed most of the problems of the earlier seasons.

Just because they point it out, doesn't make it okay for them to make him like that.

If everyone knows you're an asshole and you still keep acting like one, that doesn't excuse you for being one.

But that's the thing, the critic is tolerable because nobody is constantly kissing up to him and how he's always right. It's far more realistic and more humorous because when he says something it doesn't feel like an after-school special. It doesn't matter what your view is, as long as it's executed well enough.

Those later occasions were an incredibly hamfisted and obvious way to mask criticism after they realized just how much people hated Brian. It doesn't make him any more likable, it just makes the show like even shittier. it's hardly the first time FG has taken the approach of "Look, we're criticizing ourselves! We're so self-aware so now you can't criticize us!"

On the right.

>even though it's fixed most of the problems of the earlier seasons.
Is this bait? The first three seasons were great. It slowly went down hill from there, it's shit now.

basically you just hate smug-self-assure characters who speak intelligently
I can understand that, but I love Jay. or Frasier or guys like that.

>Those later occasions were an incredibly hamfisted and obvious way to mask criticism after they realized just how much people hated Brian.
no, it was an apology. the show has been great since then. i mean it's still fucking dumb as a bag of hair, but at least it's funny and less annoying now

Zelch. Can't hate cartoon characters for the life of me. Guess there's bigger issues I seem to let distract me from pointless hate.

>the show has been great since then

No, it really hasn't.

I hear that.

I've never liked the "bratty conceited teenage girl" character type. Like Meg from Family Guy or Pearl from Spongebob.

Candace, though, is that trope amplified by a goddamn thousand. I can't stand her.

>A fat lonely guy hated by almost everyone, that has to deal with fact that everyone judges him by his job is a mary sue

youtube.com/watch?v=tVFp8KTEw-k

I guess the upside to Family Guy was the episode where the shitty character Quagmire shits on the shitty character Brian.

Acknowledging how shitty your characters are, but not doing anything about it doesn't help.

Brian's essentially just Seth's self-insert character and it's the gayest shit imaginable. Season 1 he was just some sarcastic asshole who occasionally pulled out a funny quip or something.

It was still nice. Kinda like seeing Brian die that one episode.

Brian is constantly shitted in and that's hilarious, but that doesn't make him a good character.

you know whats worse than sarcasm?
self deprecating humor.
and you know what kind of people would have a self deprecating Mary Sue?
those kinds of people.

>who speak intelligently

you miss the point by a mile and have a rather skewed perception of intelligence.

Rick is more of that character done right, I'd say.

Besides Bob, every character in that show is insufferable.

>One child is fat and stupid
>One child is boring and does nothing of value or interest Also the Horse camp episode just cemented how shitty she was
>One child is fucking insane and has the ability to give you tinnitus

>self deprecating mary sue
this string of words dont make any sense
especially since jay is the farthest thing from a mary sue possible
do you even know what a mary sue is?

Brian should have stayed dead

Remember the episode where he literally tried to justify giving a baby herpes

>based Jay Sherman next to those abject failures

I understand that a mary sue is generally defined as a "all powerful" self insert

you implied Lisa and Brian are Mary Sues and Jay isn't Mary Sue.
But none of them are Mary Sues.

but they are all self inserts

and for your sake a I refereed to it as a mary sue rather than try to correct you

I actually never did I'm just stating that jay is the furthest thing from a mary sue
not to mention lisa and brian werent mary sues either jsut the voice of reason who ended up becoming soapboxes
jay never really does that he just gets shit on by everyone
he's aware of his own faults
is mostly wrong
but is still a fictional person
in fact i cant really see how you think he's like the other two in any way

you completely miss the point

its about them being self inserts not fucking Mary Sues or self rightous as I already said you fucking dumbass

>trigger
Kill yourself

And I asked how jay is a self insert

This is why I stopped watching the show. It seemed like Bob was the only sorta normal guy on that show.