Sam Hyde

Sam Hyde and his style of humor which was influenced by and is a more refined version of the nihilistic cynical humor presented by networks like Adult Swim and MTV, is growing massively in popularity, copied by various other ecelebs like H3N3 and Pewdiepie, and now being imitated by some people in the modern generation like Noah Munck.

My question is, why? Why has this style of humor grown so much in the past decade or so? It already feels stale at this point, but at the rate its growing, it feels like it will become a mainstream type of humor by the 2020's.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IM5JFuSTjnA
youtu.be/1l1awGRnSHw
youtube.com/watch?v=UEiwxUR0lZ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Edgy became huge after 9/11. I'd say it's because of 9/11 but that's just a convenient cop-out, apathy and cynicism grew out of 90s corporate culture ad neoliberal values. Combine that with a lo-fi Internet hipster Aesthetic and Yu get stuff like Tim and Eric, same Hyde, family Guy.
It will die next decade. Mark my words.

Absurdist, cool edgy (not wannabe edgy like GoT whose idea of it is being more shocking than before - this time we BURN CHILDREN).

So where do we go from here in terms of comedy after that point?

Negativity with a wry smile has been selling like tickets to Wonder Woman for.......shit, probalby since our early ancestors could make a decent conversation. It's nothing new and it targets peoples ego's by saying "I'm angry about the same things you are, and I'M smrt and if YOU'RE agreeing with me, than YOU must be smrt too." Validation is sure fire way to get people on YOUR side, which at the end of the day, isn't that what matters? The ol' Ego Circle jerk?

is sam a good person to ask life advice from or does he treat everything as a joke?

Sam copied people like Tim and Eric and Eric Andre. It's hardly original. I'll never forget some autistic kid linking me to a video of him and his buddies telling stories about things that happened to them while playing CS:GO and telling me that it was a great example of post-modernist humor.

But yeah, he's basically a shittier, less imaginative, right-wing tim and eric. Millennials have ruined comedy.

youtube.com/watch?v=IM5JFuSTjnA

Who hurt you, fedora?

don't forget to donate to his patreon so we can redpill all da normies with our based randomness xD

Why are you so bitter? A well adjusted, decent person would just say "it's not for me" and move on. I never even claimed to like Sam Hyde, yet you have to sperg out like I did. Just take a breath and drink some water, sweetie

I like MDE a lot but I doubt that type of humor will get really mainstream and hugely popular. Adult Swim was a great fit for MDE's style.

Be sure to fill out more change.org petitions to shut down shows and people that hurt you feelings.

> But yeah, he's basically a shittier, less imaginative, right-wing tim and eric. Millennials have ruined comedy.
Implying world peace ain't kino and that's what made (((them))) afraid

edgy sarcastic pessimism is not new or original

Neither is your edgy pessimistic comment, snowflake

what makes you think I'm bitter? I made one comment on it yet you and the other MDE fag seem more butthurt about it than anything.
see

pointing out the obvious is not edgy

>nuh-uh, you are

OOOH SICK BURN!!!!! SO ORIGINAL AND EDGY!!!!

k den, thanks for the (you), Sam. continue spamming Sup Forums, maybe you'll get your show back.

Thx, Colbert

>is growing massively in popularity
Hahahaha, go back to bed, Sam.

Hi Anita Sarkeesian! How's the gaming going?

Sam Hyde is just the 2010's TV sheriff

>>>/reddit/

haven't you seen it's trendy to have "depression and anxiety" now?

facebook is filled with le ironic nihilism memes

Sam didn't invent Nihilism.
>b-b-b-but he made it popula-
>barely 100k subs after 10 years

no. but what's bubbling around Sup Forums generally becomes mainstream 3-5 years later

Can't wait until there's a containment board for you YouTube kids. Plz go, Jake Pauler

Are you having a stroke?

irony and nihilism don't necessarily mean depression and anxiety

Is one of the symptoms arguing about absolutely everything, you fucking psycho?

it's my first post ITT, so you should be the one asking yourself that question

Like all cyclic things. If you're drawn to a type of comedy you find palatable you may experience a lull. Some kind of power gap until it comes back around. Or unless someone does it in a more relatable way or is clever at telling stories, like a Chappell

He's also the least funniest/weakest link, or should I say missing link of that group.

That group being MDE

Adult swim/classic mtv "nihilism" was always relatable and popular. Only difference now is the internet is giving those feelings more publicity.

10 years from now everyon will recognize Sam's genius work as something incredibly seminal, the anti-comedy and the lack of laughs to point leftist hypocrisy. People will finally get the irony behind the call with Tim where he totally owned Heidecker while everyone seems to think the opposite.

It wasn't always popular, not by a long shot. It was on the fringe

Do you actually believe that?

Please go, tumblr

this. some people might like the occasional sketch but to really really like the type of humor you have to be a completely bitter and discontented human being to the core.

You mean like every autistic reddittttt reject on Sup Forums?

I love him, his comedy is amazing and hydewars is comfy as fuck, but what is he doing with his life? Is he living with his mother, has he broken up with his girlfriend?

why do you care about the life of a guy you only know from watching videos in YouTube?

why care about someone you meet in real life?
why care about anyone?

>why care about someone you meet in real life?
Because if you like that person or you think it can be your friend you can actually talk to him.

why care about anyone?
That's a nihilistic argument. Why care about yourself then?

Why care enough about an anonymous stranger on a Taiwanese sock image board to argue with them?

I don't care about he, I only argue because I'm boring and this distracts me and also give me the illusion that I am improving my english.

Your English needs massive improvement indeed, comrade

sam was too next level for this generation

also

>23 posters

nice thread faglords, bet the heidecker cuckyboy is having a spergout again as he does in every MDE thread defending his blown out idol

I know, I know, sometimes I am too lazy to check the mistakes in google traslator or some other web.

Keep practicing. It's the only way.

His stand up is great desu

link?

youtu.be/1l1awGRnSHw

Oh god. I'm 40 seconds in I don't know if I can make it.

It gets pretty good half way through were its really passive aggressive against the audience and they start getting pissed

How to make nu- comedy ala sam hyde, h3, etc.
>be purposefully ugly, make ugly faces constantly
>be ironic all the time, literally all the time and cry about shit you don't like
>be contrarian, but not too much! basically you want the fresh out of redbit neo 4channer crowd
>do shit 'ironically', go to great lengths like kissing another man 'ironically' or putting a buttplug in your ass on camera ironically, totes not gay because lmao irony dude
>call people who dislike your shitty attempt at humor 'dumb' and cry about how they just dont get the deep layers of irony within it
>Alternatively spice it up with political commentary and once-in-a-while serious talk about whatever bullshit is happening in the world at the time

YASSS QUEEN, SLAYYYY! FUCK DRUMPH AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE!!!

>he thinks sam's erratic behaviour is 'comedy'

we've raised a generation of psychopaths who laugh at the mentally ill and destitute.

What?

Sam is the only one that pulled it off and made it seem genuine.

While Sam has his moments, the others you mentioned are just normy pleb tier trash.

>"his" style of "humor"
Hyde co-opted internet humor, put it on YouTube then on television.
He's nothing to be proud of, except for duping the uninformed.

Comparing hydewars to that shitty jew complaining about jake paul making money

Stop shilling this ugly faggot here

he doesn't do any of those things, stay contrarian though, it's real cool

It doesn't take much effort.

The fans, like many on here, grew up during the Wild West of the Internet over a decade ago, primarily on Newgrounds.

There was a lot of politically-incorrect stuff out there. Stuff that was obscene, offensive, juvenile, and blasphemous.

>Noah Munck

TETSUKE RAISE

>3:15
literally /ourguy/

Making ugly faces and being ironic are a huge part of Sam's videos. I like his content but you're a retard if you don't think he does those things.

its like an infection, comedy is becoming worse because of Sam Hyde.

wrong

is you can watch this and not even smile, you are dead inside

youtube.com/watch?v=UEiwxUR0lZ4

*sounds like head is clogged with 5 pounds of mucus but exhibits an alarming self-confidence for the subversive truth bombs about to be dropped (or are they? the comedy part is how you don't know!)*
Hey guys. So I was thinking the other day about how blacks are a low IQ scourge on society and white genocide is real.
*audience of return of kings and Sup Forums posters chuckle accompanied by an acknowledging hum of mutual understanding*
Have you noticed how women make up rape claims, statistically?
*gives a phlegmy giggle and sneers*
You guys really shouldn't be jerking off to hentai but we're self-aware about how gross it is
*deafening laughter*
the jews stole your future
*roar of laughter increases accompanied by the noise of loose change flooding in*

anyone else find it hilarious that Sam Hyde. Samuel Hyde. is sort of a trailblazer when it comes to comedy? he's ahead of the curve in so many ways and he himself doesn't even realise it.

But I thought WP was completely apolitical? That's what the fanboys were saying after it got cancelled.

or you have an IQ above room temperature

what do you think WP stands for? I'll give you a hint, (((W)))hite (((P)))ower

you got me senpai

politicizing comedy is a liberal thing

Is the title of this cartoon "The Straw Man"?

what is this supposed to be?
Seems pretty sad to get hung up on this hipster dudes little talk.

>making unfunny comedy about comedy

it must suck being forever stuck as a person that can never be seen as genuine or trustworthy.

I don't even think most other white nationalists would trust him because he's always acting like a degenerate in his videos.

90% of the posts on the MDE subreddit are just losers becoming homicidally angry over pop culture or the fact that queers exist. It's basically a hybrid of /r9k/ and Sup Forums

yeah dude just cut your dick off itll be great dude

hell the govt will even pay for it dude

dude

Sams a retard, and his brand of comedy will never be the main stream.

Too many well adusjted functioning adults for him to take over.

and a specimen presents itself
notice the passive aggressive bitchy sarcasm
these creatures tend to oscillate between this behavior and acting like internet tough guys in imitation of their manchild cult leader

Imagine thinking you're a superior human being when you post something like this

It's really not that complicated. Stuff like this is just a nuanceless brute force attack on politically correct bullshit. There's a reason Sam happened to come up with a character that's a direct Dice ripoff. Same cloth

>y-you think you're better'n me? NUH-UH!
see how it can't defend itself from easily verified observations which have obviously hit very close to home

fuckin portiguese man