Well this was fucking great. I feel bad for putting it off for so long. What other Lynch movie to watch next...

Well this was fucking great. I feel bad for putting it off for so long. What other Lynch movie to watch next? I've already seen The Elephant Man and The Straight Story.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6UocVDjpCJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just go in chronological order, but skip Dune and Wild at Heart because they're shit

also don't watch FWWM if you haven't seen the show

I mean, gotta hit the big ones first. Blue Velvet is the definite answer, though Mulholland would've been all the more better to watch had you seen Velvet first. Both incredible, though.

lost highway OP.

it is the only one that comes close to mhd quality imo.

its also much more confusing

I would argue that Wild at Heart is not skipworthy, but Dune absolutely is.

Eraserhead, Blue Velvet and then Lost Highway. In that order

It's shit. Seriously if someone mentions mulholland dr in their top ten I immediately ignore their opinion as they are a try hard pleb

Watch chronologically. You can skip Dune if you just want the stuff that Lynch is known for. I don't think Lynch really has any outright bad movies and even if you don't like Dune, the rest are generally good to great. Wild At Heart is sort of a low point but I still like it quite a bit so I wouldn't advise skipping it.

Watching it in order will also let you see how Lynch has evolved over time up to how Inland Empire came about.

Early Lynch works >>Post 2000's Lynch>> 90´s Lynch

woops referenced wrong post

Why would you watch Inland Empire before Lost Highway? I think Lost Highway should basically be in the trilogy of Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, and Inland Empire.

>Wild at heart and Dune
>shit
Wild at Heart is ok and Dune is only bad because Lynch didn't had a 100% controlover the project. Fucking de Laurentises.

projecting this hard is about as try hard pleb as you can get

The Straight Story is probably his best movies. Personally, I also have a soft spot for Inland Empire but the handheld camera might put you off.

Lost Highway is good, Eraserhead is actually pretty great and has a very unique aesthetic, Blue Velvet is pretty good too.

Dune kinda sucks and so does Wild at Heart. They have their moments and are never less than watchable but I'm not sure I'd recommend them.

Twin Peaks, of course, is pretty dang amazingand that included FWWM.

Not really I just think it's not that great of a film desu. Would much rather watch Elephant man

Lost Highway is the transition beetween those two Lynch phases.

>skipping Nicholas Cage x Lynch kino
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Actually the reason I put it off for so long was because my normie Pink Floyd listening friend said it was shit.

Anyway I'm starting with Eraserhead and Blue Velvet. I've seen Twin Peaks too, it was a bit too quirky for me but worth watching. I love The Return though, maybe I'll give FWWM a shot too.

>only one person has mentioned Eraserhead
Eraserhead is still his defining work from a visual and auditory perspective. Start with that, then Blue Velvet, then Twin Peaks + FWWM, then Lost Highway, then Inland Empire.

Indland Empire is the final boss fight

>The Straight Story is probably his best movies.
i have never seen this opinion, would you elaborate on why?

I guess you could say that but I think it fits pretty cleanly in with the two movies after it. Especially when you think of what I've seen people say that MD is LH backwards. All three share similar themes (depending on how you interpret IE, and even MD) that mostly started with LH, though in some regards Eraserhead fits well with them too.

Like I said above, LH, MD, and IE share a lot of similarities, especially the method of nonlinear storytelling (and IE takes this to the extreme). Eraserhead does show similar things and you can see the progression from it to his later movies. Blue Velvet through Wild At Heart are generally linear and straightforward, though I think Blue Velvet is up there in quality and one of his better movies even without the nonlinear stuff. I do with he would make something similarly straightforward again because he can do it really well.

I think it's similarly rewarding if you care enough about it to try and not be alienated by it. It's one of the few movies that has basically stuck with me since I watched it and it's just always floating around in my mind and making me want to watch it again even though I've already seen it several times. Its length keeps me from watching it too often though.

>Skippping the best role Cage has played?
>Skipping that Dafoe kino??

OP, listen to that DUMMY, except for the part where he vomited excrement from his mouth sounding like "skip Wild at Heart".

>youtube.com/watch?v=6UocVDjpCJA

Blue velvet. The ending of that film is true kino.

>Wild at Heart
>shit

It's just the one that reasonated the most with me emotionally. It's such an incredibly sweet, heartfelt movie with absolutely gorgeous visuals. It shows a more idealistic Lynch, the genuine, sincere appreciation for rural America and its people that only sometimes came through Twin Peaks.

Tfw you realise Angelo Badalamenti has more impact on the quality of a lynch movie than lynch himself.

As for OPs question.. Blue Velvet.

begin with the beginning
Eraserhead