Mandatory army service for 16 year olds

Should 16 year olds do mandatory 1-2 year service in the army?

Pros:

1) Teaches discipline and respect for elders
2) Keeps the youth in shape
3) Gives young people a sense of purpose
4) Employers look fondly upon those who have served
5) Keeps nig nogs off the streets

Cons:

1) Some lads are simply don't have the mental fortuity to serve in the army (training regiment) however the nerds could be moved to intelligence
2) Costs tax payers money to train up I guess
3) After a few decades the lethality of crime would be higher (because everyone had served in the forces and know how to fight)

what do you think pol?

Other urls found in this thread:

military.com/money/personal-finance/taxes/special-tax-breaks-for-military-members.html
military.com/benefits/military-pay/state-retirement-income-tax.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-vuomKdRg
youtube.com/watch?v=LpuwcINDHnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not only mandatory, they should be sent to actual fighting.

I would like to hear someone who's served in the forces' input on this

also subreddit ID lmao

sir yes sir

faggots...

Broadly speaking, that's flatly unconsitutional and it goes against the nature of our nation. Don't forget that we burn draft cards here and most of our leaders either dodged service or got out of it through nepotism.

But in retrospect it seems maybe not a bad option to build in more structurally at a cultural level. Kind of like it used to be normal for kids to go hike around Europe or whatever for a year before starting university, it could be normal for kids to go get a quick year or two of good training for a few bux or benefits or whatever no strings attached and lodge that on the resume for bonus.

What about a mandatory FUCK OFF for the government trying to interfere with peoples lives.

dont ree on me snek m8 and fuck off

Yes
But at 18.
Works for Us

The whole point of the government is to affect peoples lives aquafresh :^)

So does direct democracy, but you're the size of like Rhode Island or something.

Also if you're going to post shit like that make it comfy and call it a "small cauldron" so we can pretend to be the little girls.

Pls no. There are so many fucking retards that SHOULDN'T be in the damn army in the first place, I don't want to think what it would be like as mandatory for every America hating faggot being born here.

Get fucked statist

Rather than that there should be a yearly mandatory physical tests.

I served 4 years in the American Military. You hamburgers and your "Size of the Country" excuse is lazy. Don't be lazy hamburger. Laziness has consequences.

>statist
Actually more authoritarian you silly cunt

Nope. Spent a year in Afghanistan and I was glad I was surrounded by volunteers. Shit sucked and I was glad that when we started to get tested it was a test everyone wanted.

Honestly I think they could break it down further to where deployments and even some mission sets should be voluntary. I'd say we were mostly over the whole war thing 9 months in but we still had another couple months of bullshit missions just to have a presence.

I'm not anti-war because sometimes war is very necessary, however I'm against mandatory military service because in my home country of England our armys motto is this: "99.99% need not apply". This is why we have the most highly trained and tactical army + special forces in the world and why the US army has a lot of cowboys. I'm not disrespecting the US army because you boys are good at what you do, but America will recruit anyone for the armed forces, the Brits will tell most applicants to fuck off for not being worthy enough. Most kids aren't hard enough to join the countries elite fighters, let them grow up without traumatisng the little cunts.

Deployments should be reserved for volunteer. All people should serve 2 years doing low-tier shit work. Cleaning, supply, etc.

The size of the country is not about being lazy. It's about a practical political structure, and has not much to do with military participation.

Please don't give Switzerland a bad name by conflating my points.

No but I believe military service should be further incentivized and cut off from public politics so political correctness and public opinion do not become a hindrance on the military's efficiency.

So you want war veteran niggers returning home?

It's one of those things that seems good on paper but would go to shit very fast.

It'd likely grow very corrupt and/or become nothing more than another half assed PE course

How is that different from two years of slavery?

this

dont deploy 16-17 year olds lmao

I don't think there was mandatory service in Starship Troopers...

you dont want the guy that was forced to be there to be covering you in a gunfight...

America had a draft. You're objectively wrong. Universal military service does:

>Integration
>Pride
>Work Ethic
>Relationships
>Community
>And More

Because you get paid.

Yes. Deployments must be a volunteer thing because I am not risking my life relying on a kid who doesn't want to be here. Make them clean floors, move boxes. Having spent a few years in the American military I assure you there's more than enough of those jobs to go around

>1) Teaches discipline and respect for elders
No it doesn't.

>2) Keeps the youth in shape
No it doesn't.

>3) Gives young people a sense of purpose
No it doesn't.

>4) Employers look fondly upon those who
have served
No it doesn't.

>5) Keeps nig nogs off the streets
No it doesn't.

not an argument burger

So if you get paid $5 a year for military service it isn't slavery? You got paid. Your logic sucks.

18 years mandatory 6 months should be custom.

I did military service at 18, 4 months here in Denmark.

Was really fun

>America had a draft.
Yes, "had." And it was a big mess that caused needless societal fractures for a needless "war" we objectively lost that was the fault of the CIA and the moron policy wonks and beltway bandits, some of whom ought to be on trial for war crimes.

I'm glad it works as you claim in your country.

18 and not limited to military service (even Heinelin's Federation didn't force service to be only military in nature).

You get three options - national defense, national support, national outreach. You do a two year stint in each after high school.

Defense is military service. You get six months training, eighteen months active service.
Support is domestic volunteer work - working in hospitals and shelters, or helping preserve national parks, or maintain American infrastructure
Outreach is foreign volunteer work - you go over to help developing nations, help first responders in international disasters.

You earn a stipend for whatever you're doing which gets paid out upon successful completion of a two year term. You can get it in the form of a college/trade school grant or a small business loan (both of which are tax-free) or pay regular taxes on a cash payout.

you probably get to travel as well, discover yourself

and it sorts out the "people dont have a passport" situation

Why the fuck would kids wanna spend a year doing PT and having a CO shout at them all day when they could be in school doing PE and having their moms shout at them all day?

>If a thing does not fit the definition of a word how can it not be word!!?
>Hamburger education

It works amazingly well here.

We do 6 months here and then a few weeks a year until 35. It's good for the youngins. Teaches them solidarity, builds strong relationships, imbues some work ethic, etc.

>Should we have the draft?
No, how about we stop with war for a fucking second?

Most of the black youth don't have a father figure and going into the army would work incredibly well

Remember that having someone that doesn't want to be there is sometimes better than not having anyone else.
He probably doesn't want to die as well.

Antisemite

You don't need a war for military service. My country has not gone to war in some 500 years. But during WWII having a strong military able to shoot down any cocky germans or americans that strayed over our borders was invaluable. Military service builds pride in country

Modern warfare necessitates a high level of trust. The days of trench warfare are (hopefully) behind us.

this was written by someone who has never served

OP did you do military service during that age?
If not then shut the fuck up

Everything mandatory isn't democratic.

My point is that the compensation is not negotiable and changes to that compensation package are not negotiable. We had a situation a couple times while I was in where government funding was not approved and we were worried we would not get paid. We asked if our lack of payment would void our contracts and we would be allowed to leave. It came back that even in the event of non-payment our contracts would not be voided and we would work temporarily without pay. Luckily it did not come to that but it illustrates the point.

I'm on your side, but if you want to be taken seriously, provide evidence. Saying "nah ah XD" doesn't get you anywhere.

What. That is retarded. Laws can be decided democratically and then become mandatory.

You can choose not to serve; but the government will deport you back to mexico or wherever you come from. Does that ameliorate your concerns? Military service to your country is an Honor. No wonder hamburgerstan is becoming such shit when it has people like you defending abstaining from service. Thankfully my country still has, and always will have, mandatory service.

When you are forced to do something similar to slavery it's certainly not democratic.

Peace time military activities are pretty much just a waste of time. During times of peace it would be pretty justifiable to cut military personnel down significantly to save on costs. All you really need to preserve is the NCO corp and enough low level guys to effectively defend the homeland.

You know, it is incredibly ironic that you post Starship Troopers with this dumb ass proposal, because they go into why the service isn't mandatory.

"You would find it much easier than to instill
moral virtue — social responsibility — into a person who doesn’t have it, doesn’t want it, and resents having the burden thrust on him. This is why we make it so hard to enroll, so easy to resign. Social responsibility above the level of family, or at most of tribe, requires imagination — devotion, loyalty, all the higher virtues — which a man must develop himself; if he has them forced down him, he will vomit them out."

I suggest drafting people who've been unemployed for an extended period of time instead. It solves any number of problems in one stroke.

Drafting 16 year olds would not only make them child soldiers, it would also affect their education. Only 18 year olds and above should be drafted.

Most draftees spend their 6 months getting drunk and doing random bullshit, but that's more or less a consequence of the state of the Austrian armed forces.

I'm personally in favour of a drafted military, simply because it enforces the point that the military is an organisation maintained for and by the people. Being able to mobilise lots of trained manpower is also really good.

Military service is an honor. The fact that it is exclusive and voluntary is what makes it honorable.

Also, not everyone who serves is an immigrant. Are they going to deport me back to Wisconsin? How does this concession do anything for the native population?

After further thought, I would be willing to strongly consider a condition that anybody voting to declare war should be made to do so on condition of either having been in the military or having his or her children drafted in to it.

But I guess first we'd need to go back to actually following our own laws and declaring war properly in the first place.

Meh, spending a year in the military is hardly being part of the military.

I spent 4 years active Army infantry and spent 1 year of that on an combat deployment in Afghanistan. I then spent 4 years in the reserves.

>being forced to risk your life killing some middle eastern dirt farmers because rabbi josiah ben shekelsteinberg needs to expand his business holdings into their area so he can afford a second megayacht.

sounds great! how do we make this happen?

No but I'd stick the lot of them in the ACF from 13 to 18.

Bad idea, you would end up with a large portion of you population physically disabled or with some mental illness.

No.

SERVICE

GUARANTEES

CITIZENSHIP

Forced to work for a military that supports Islamic Terrorism in Europe (t. originally from Germany).
No way in hell.

Terrible idea. Military service should be voluntary, otherwise it's just another example of the state running people's lives.

Furthermore, all those values and stuff that it would supposedly instill in young people? Give it a generation or two and the mandatory service would be transformed into left-wing brainwashing of all youths. Our current SJWs would make sure that they gain more and more power in military institutions, just like leftists mostly took over high education. It's already starting.

Slaves got paid too

Slavery = involuntary servitude = conscription

If there is no sacrifice expected for joining the military it's going to lose all its value. If everybody is forced to join, then nobody is really giving anything up relative to their peers by serving. All these young people who are forced to do it won't really give much of a shit. They're not there by choice. They're not choosing to give up a few years because it's something they want to do. You're also seriously diluting the quality of personnel. Training would be dumbed down to accommodate the flood of people who never would be cut out for the military before.

Similarly, every time someone says "hey let's make voting mandatory" I want to punch them right in their mouth. If you're not willing to take the initiative and vote on your own without being forced to do it, then you shouldn't be voting because you probably don't know shit and you obviously don't care very much about what is at stake.

Only if you also send those who haven't been to training

Also, do you realize the irony of using a Starship Troopers picture here? In Starship Troopers nobody was forced to join the military. In fact, real citizenship and voting rights was only granted to people who chose to do it. It's pretty much the opposite of what you're proposing.

im thinking it should be an optional service period that should provide a life long tax benefit to those who serve.

Also
>Increase boyscouts funding
>Increase CMP founding
Wew, lad

Not gonna happen. Why? Because conscripts can't be sent to Buttfuckistan for no reason and if they are sent, the people at home will protest the fuck out of random deployments. That's the main reason the army is paid volunteers. They would like hired guns more, though, because then the army can suppress domestic resistance too. I wouldn't be surprised if the current army has no problem suppressing civilians. The police is cool with that.

>mandatory conscription into the military so you can to the middle east and fight for the oil sheikh Imam Mohammed bin Osama ibn Durka Durka Jihaden and you get to slaughter innocent men, rape their women and torture their children for the sin of not being EXTREEEEME enough Muslims for the degenerate Arab monarchy in Saudi Arabia who use their Oil Money to fund Wahabbi in between fucking 6 year old boys and talking about how the American government (which KEEPS THEM IN POWER) are the GREAT DEVIL of the world

Sounds like a great deal!

Please. Both sexes. Need to remove numales and tumblrinas once and for all.

How about mandatory service for SJW's only. They have warrior in the name make them useful as bullet catchers.

We do it here, it's great

> life long tax benefit
Umm most militaries already have this.

I was unaware that I get these sweet tax benefits. How exactly do I claim them?

>respect for elders

I love that meme.

Wait, you mean you guys didn't have some kind of boot camp mandatory training at school?

When I was in HS we had something called cadet army training (CAT). Basically what we did was wear fatigues, learn rifle drills, exercise, and shine our belt buckles.

military.com/money/personal-finance/taxes/special-tax-breaks-for-military-members.html

only if we're given details of what we're fighting for.

Why 16 year olds?

Because only Akmed likes them younger

All of those apply only to when you are in or immediately after separation. Please show me the life long benefits.

military.com/benefits/military-pay/state-retirement-income-tax.html

Seriously if you aren't taking advantage of the government welfare system as a military vet your doing it wrong.

Muhreen on his 15th smoke break this morning here.

Keep it volunteer, when it comes to the guys actually doing the fighting you want to have people who want to be there. Its good for unit cohesion and morale.

You need to serve 20+ years or be disabled to qualify.

Would be a shit show and a waste of time tbqh.

Couldn't be fucked with it either.

And? So you can't just put in 4 years and get full benefits. Still get a ton. 20 years then retirement is still better than 35 for most government workers and 45-55+ for everyone else.

Learn to welfare better scrub it's free money at least pretend you give a fuck for your country before screaming my benefits.

>army
my man first you have to teach kids about life, then you can send them off to other bullshit, and this goes especially to the western countries.

it was an alright movie. knda movied, movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-vuomKdRg

youtube.com/watch?v=LpuwcINDHnQ

Only if they have good grades. Giving military training to Jamals seems like a bad idea

No because only shitty third world countries do that.

You mean like the US until 1980 some odd? Well draft not full service but still every male was expected to join a militia if anyone actually attacked the US.

no.
dads just need to be dads and smack their faggy kids around on occasion and take them hunting or something

A very small percentage of people spend 20+ years and earn a retirement. It is hardly free money.

There's enough motherfuckers who don't want to be here

>Teach Blacks military skills.

I thought we learned our lesson from Vietnam?

No. That shits all over the freedoms the troops are supposed to be fighting for.

>turning the military into a glorified babysitting service

That's what parents are supposed to do. Americans are supposed to improve themselves, not rely on the state's gibs to wipe their asses.

People on welfare should have to do some kind of military service, I'll say that much.

Conscription is a great idea for all youth.

It should be at 18 or whenever they finish Highschool.

It should be for 2 years and teach not only military skills but also life skills that are required to be a functioning adult.

The conscription would also train each citizen in a basic trade skill so that every American could always fall back on that.

After conscription you either join the real army, become a master tradesman or go off to college for higher education with a specific purpose (medicine, engineering etc)

>giving niggers proper military training
The hood is going to get a lot more interesting when they get back. They might not be so shy about taking a trip out to the suburbs once in a while, either.

In Turkey we have mandatory service it is for 21 year olds but this number changes if you go to college or you can pay 6k and go to the army for only 3 months and not see combat.
In Turkey mandatory service is 12 month and if they see combat or not depends on the soldier some of them volunteer to go to South-East (which the fighting against pkk is the most)butt he disadvantages are they send the conscripts to the frontlines so yeah thats bad.