Sports = Useless

What's the point of sports?

They're useless.

We pay millions to people for kicking a ball around instead of investing it in science, technology, education.

This is a political issue.

How do we get rid of this huge resource drain? Athletes are parasites on the budget. People waste countless hours staring at the TV showing people kicking balls around.

It's 2016. Sports are primitive.

Except perhaps chess and ping-pong. That's fun and intelligent.

Transhumanist satanic asshole

If millions of people didn't pay to watch them play, they wouldn't get paid so much

Transhumanism is the only rational position in 2016

>what is the point of sports?

Fat useless faggot spotted.

The point of sports are to compete based on strength, tenacity, dedication and talents alone. To bear all and prove you're better than most, if not all other people at something.

Period.

If you don't like to compete, better sign up for welfare, the world will eat you alive.

Go download an app that prove you how despisable you are you faggot

The biggest issue is you have to pay the fag teams like they are doing you a favor even thought you helped build their with your tax dollars

>Fat
I do have a "dad bod" but I'm not obese.
I'm also a computer programmer and make a lot of money. I drive a BMW
I have 3 children.

>The point of sports are to compete based on strength, tenacity, dedication and talents alone.

No, its genetics.

Boosts morale or something.

I'm autistic so I wouldn't know.

Literally anyone can fine-tune their bodies to do something physically competitive. Stop rationalizing your obesity.

Why are you fat and lazy?

It's entertainment. Should we also get rid of tv shows and fictional literature?

>Why are you fat and lazy?
I'm not lazy. If I was lazy I wouldn't have an amazing job (some of the software I wrote is ran by NASA).
And I wouldn't have 3 beautiful Slav blonde children.

I just see no point in having muscles. If having muscles were a measurement of human worth, then gorillas would be superior to us as they're much stronger than the stronger human.

And if running fast was important, even a house cat would be superior to us.

The only thing that matters is intelligence.

And dad bod is NOT fat. Dad bod is considered sexy in America. I read it online.

Dad bod is a SJW term that comes from the HAES movement, you ought to be ashamed of using it unironically. Just admit you are a bit fat jfc.

Alright, now you're just meming us.

You job and family have nothing to do with physical activities or competition. Stay on topic. Why do you get winded walking up a large flight of stairs? Would you be able to protect your children from physical danger with your bare hands?

to keep the populus entertainted you silly

>What's the point of sports?

Entertainment and the celebration of certain virtues, such as sportsmanship, dedication, teamwork, discipline, physical health, and intelligence. I find usually the most important things in life are 'useless'.

I'm not.
Search about it, so many women like dad bod.
Even Leo DiCaprio has a dad bod.

Sedentary fag detected

Using your body in athletics or lifting related sports are god-tier, we're made to move all the time.

>Why do you get winded walking up a large flight of stairs?
Technology means elevators exist.
Do you wash clothes with your own hands or do you use a machine?
Why do things that machines can do for us?
>Would you be able to protect your children from physical danger with your bare hands?
I'd call the police.

Hahaha the police will never help you, they only show up after your wife and daughters have been raped and murdered to find out whodunnit.

Fat fuck detected

>Using your body in athletics or lifting related sports are god-tier, we're made to move all the time.
Sedentary people are master race in 2016. This is not 1000 BC anymore faggot. The viking times are long gone.

Have you given up and resorted to rolling around in a mobility scooter? I don't understand the points you're making at all. The police won't help you in the split decision moments that could result in your children being slaughtered by migrants. Only you have the ability to stop that from happening. You yourself admitted you lack this ability so maybe you WANT to see your children savagely raped in front of your eyes then cut open like a warm Burek.

>We pay millions to people

I don't, why do you?

What's the point of anything really? It's just satisfying your animal needs until you die.

To be a bit more serious: the point of sports is to relax from all the shit you're going through in life. It's the same with all entertaintement. Obviously some forms of entertaintement are "better" in that sense that some of them develop you either mentally or physicaly and some of them are useless shit where you just sit on a couch doing nothing.

Sports are great to play- learn so many things about life as a kid, stay in shape and keep your mind active and disciplined. Watching sports is complete destructive bullshit to the individual and society as a whole.

They're fun. It's entertainment. That said if people devoted half as much time to improving our fucking infrastructure, and improving the areas in our immediate vicinity, and working towards sustainability, and technological advancement we'd be living in paradise.

You will never understand because you've never reached athelticism

It's about well-being. When you feel powerful, quick, conditioned etc you feel more alive than you ever could sitting in front of a computer.

I truly feel sad for people who will never experience a fit body, I wouldn't give it away for all the money in the world. Body and mind is not two separate things, they're connected.

>Sports are great to play- learn so many things about life as a kid
Nice meme.
What do you learn from kicking a ball around?
In truth the people who suck at sports in school are the people who will be your boss while you, talented athlete, will be flipping burgers for life.

Doing sports isn't useless.
Never heard of a healthy mind lives in a healthy body?
Sports teaches you self-discipline, dedication, teamplay (coaches and staff are part of your team), it's hard work. You go to work 5 times a week, a pro goes to training (physical and mental) almost everyday.
You got to live healthy to compete with others (yeah yeah I know, steroids and shit).
They are a positive role model for kids.

I don't see your point why something like that is useless.

this tb h

Team work, the value of hard work, social skills. Both of our last two presidents were skilled in youth sports.

>autism the thread
>le intelligence and physical prowess are mutually exclusive meme
>intelligence is the only important thing because we wouldn't be able to beat cats in a race (????????)

If you don't lift or play a sport then you're a fucking non-male.

Congrats you earn money doing nerd shit. How does it feel knowing that athletic dudes are still better respected, better liked and more attractive than you?
If you don't understand what's great about playing a sport, smashing barriers, honing your body to do great things, and seeing the greatest athletes in the world do it better than anyone else, you're fucking broken. I'd hate to live in a society of plebs like you.

Plus exercise is good for you AND your brain, you slovenly fuck.

>yes goyim you should work 24/7, not do any sports and die from a heart attack just when you'd reach retirement age, perfect little ant life

What's the point of movies? TV shows? music? plays? opera? etc.

If anything should be gotten rid of it's cemeteries. They serve no purpose and take up a lot of valuable real estate.

Not just put president, his past few dozen presidents have been ultra-competitive sports enthusiasts. Especially his current president who is an avid runner and soccer player.

Please. The nerd kids with no athleticism and therefore likely no charisma or social skills will go on to be drones doing bullshit non-work for some go-getters company.

Run fat run!

I know, why aren't we just working on ridding ourselves of emotions and becoming robots with directives set out by people like op?

Yes, to truly excel at a sport to the point of being at the "top of the class", genetics do play a role.

Just like anyone can learn how to play a musical instrument but most truly great musicians through their genetics are predisposed to be naturally gifted and talented creatively and musically, and a lot of what makes a great musician "great" can't be taught or learned.

I agree, professional athletes make way too much money as do professional musicians.

I am pretty biased though. To me, sports doesn't really intrigue me enough to hold my attention beyond a few big isolated occasions (Super Bowl, Olympics). I'm biased though, I've always preferred filling my free time listening to new music, or watching a movie I've never seen before. I can appreciate a skilled basketball player or sprinter, but watching it for hours on end multiple times a week just feels repetitive and boring to me.

Looks like your pale nerd ass got bullied during sports day at school.

>implying the girl in that photo is with Leo for his looks and not his mountains of cash

Professional musicians and athletes make millions and millions of dollars for their employers ergo are worth the salaries they're paid.

>getting rid of sjw propaganda
Yes

Sheeeeeit.

Sports is a form of entertainment. Are you saying all forms of entertainment are useless? If you take out all entertainment from the world, it'd be pretty boring...

>Except perhaps chess and ping-pong
How is Ping-Pong more intelligent than Badminton or Tennis? Because YOU happen to play it?

Don't be such a hypocrite, OP, and go burn some fat

All games and sport are ritualized combat they pit a combination of man's mental and physical prowess against each other in a structured civilized manner and they play a vital role in forming the natural hierarchy that men have.