Obsure facts and misconceptions

Obsure facts and misconceptions

Mr.miracle is 6ft

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/2015/01/04/the-story-behind-the-time-marvel-almost-bought-dc-comics/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is an obscure fact or misconception? Barda is fuckin 7 feet tall.

People are retarded.

Does Batman have a middle name?

It's just hard to picture when the most familiar reference for his height is his half-giant wife.

I think it's Thomas

Is there anybody in Gotham that does not have Thomas in their name somewhere?

No, but I'd imagine it's either Alan or Solomon after his paternal grandfather and ancestor, Roderick after his maternal grandfather, or Robert after his Bob Kane.

Fun fact: Barda is cute

Nah it's just Bruce Wayne. Superman does have a middle name though, it's Joseph.

In terms of pay:

Image > DC > Marvel

New Gods in general are tall.

It's often forgotten even by writers that New Gods are all superhumanly strong and durable and are of physical perfection. They ARE gods, after all.

Writers also forget the same about Asgardians, maybe not coincidentally since they're in effect the exact same concept.

Image doesn't work like that. If your book isn't selling you aren't making anything.

DC is pure

I don't believe this one, like at all.

As in, you have the potential to make more etc.

I didn't either, but I just googled.

comicbook.com/2015/01/04/the-story-behind-the-time-marvel-almost-bought-dc-comics/

DC wasn't selling well, so offered to sell to Marvel and they declined.
Marvel wasn't selling well and ended up selling film properties/Jim Lee almost buying.

>Hal Jordan's full name is not "Hal". That's a shortening of his name.
>There are two Black Canary's, Dinah Drake and Dinah Lance. They're mother and daughter.
>Black Canary is not a natural blonde. She has black hair naturally.

>Annie is an adaptation of a comic strip, Little Orphan Annie. Actually, it's an adaptation of a play which is an adaptation of the comic strip.

>>Hal Jordan's full name is not "Hal". That's a shortening of his name.
>>There are two Black Canary's, Dinah Drake and Dinah Lance. They're mother and daughter.
>>Black Canary is not a natural blonde. She has black hair naturally.
How are these obscure?

Most comic fans I see surprisingly don't know them. They apparently haven't read much before the 90s.

Batman doesn't like to watch movies (for obvious reasons) or listen to pop musics (Sid Vicious raped his boypussi).

Batman's pretty autistic, in fact.

So if Nightcrawler shaved his fur, what color would his skin be?

Beast's fur isn't blue, it's black.

None of that is true.

>he hasn't seen the pages where Bruce, Alfred, and the boys watch start to watch Zorro
>or the pages where Superman gives him the movie and Sup Forums misconstrues it as him being a dick

Yes, it is.

Obscure to normies

Superman is Clark Kent, not vice versa.

Post the pages.

Bruce and the family watching Mark of the Zorro in Batman and Robin was a major thing. It was a big sign that Bruce was finally able to move past the pain and sorrow of his family's death and start to finally embrace the good memories he had of them with his new family.

Maxwell Lord's very first appearance was based on Christopher Walken.

The pages of what? Batman saying that he doesn't watch movies or that he doesn't like pop music, specially punk?

With Black Canary, they've retconned and ignored her mother so many times it's not surprising many don't even know about her anymore.

Also her hair has been blonde for awhile now.

You specifically said "pop" not "punk." And disliking punk isn't strange or notable enough for it to qualify as an obscure fact or misconception.

Hell, Nu52 Black Canary is Dinah Drake, who used to be the Black Canary mom.

I actually didn't know the black hair thing. Forgive me Sup Forums

Cyborg doesn't have a dick in most of his incarnations.

I remember some user posted about how at one point Marvel and DC were supposed to merge into one company on the hush hush, but it slipped out and they didn't. Maybe not true, or maybe I'm remember it wrong

Barbara Gordon was originally blond. The red hair was a wig.

There were plenty of heroes that used wigs. For example Black Lightening afro was actually an wig.

No, she is shown to dye her hair in a recent comic. They un-retconned it.

Post reboot?

>The original candidate for DC Comics' first headlining black superhero was a character called the Black Bomber, a white racist who would turn into a black superhero under stress,

Wut?

In the show she was a brunette.

It was one of the new comics where she's in a band.

There was some interest from Marvel to do it after the DC Implosion. Marvel staff were extremely elitist at this point and held DC in low regard, but many of them still wanted to write Superman and Justice League (which were some of their worst books at the time, but probably the only ones Marvel guys had actually tried reading).

Then in 1984 DC was doing worse and worse, holding on mostly because of New Teen Titans. Warner wanted to sell them to Marvel and naturally made a high offer, and of course a lot of Marvel staff were in support of it and actually started drawing up plans for introducing the seven best-selling DC books into the Marvel universe, which I believe were Superman, New Teen Titans, Justice League, and probably Green Lantern, Batman, Flash and Wonder Woman.

But the head people at Marvel thought they were so much better that they'd basically be doing Warner a favor by taking DC and refused to settle for the steal of a price I imagine they offered considering how iconic those characters are.

Ironically, just a few years later DC would get a boost because of Crisis and start gathering both great new talent and all of the old talent Jim Shooter was driving away from Marvel, and Marvel would be nearly bankrupt in the 90's while DC flourished with Batman and Vertigo sales.

Before Josie and the Pussycats, the comic was called "She's Josie". It was basically genderswapped Archie. Melody existed but not Valerie. Instead Pepper was Josie's second friend.

Misconception: Wonder Woman is some Xena-esque soldier princess who kills often.

Some writers do write her incorrectly but she's supposed to be compassionate and peaceful. She prefers to talk first rather than fight, and lethal force is extremely rare.

eh, they have made her a killer so much now that she basically lays in the middle. of course she would rather reform a villain and talk first, but she isnt above killing.

>Drake
is she related to Tim?

He and Dick are canon fans of the Clash, to Alfred's chagrin.

Superman likes Metallica.
Martian Manhunter is addicted to Oreos.

OBSCURE facts

>batman's parents are dead
>superman isn't orginally from earth
>the fantastic four traditionally has four members

Batman and Martian Manhunter have both watched Sailor Moon?

Not sure if that's obscure.

Hank Pym is actually extremely tall even without using Pym Particles, being an extremely lanky six-foot-five originally, the second-tallest Avenger after Thor.

Dick clearly has excellent taste.

Spider-Man is a fan of the New York Mets.

I don't know how obscure that is, since it makes sense based on where he lives but it's not a particularly talked about thing.

Do you want to say that Hank was big guy all along?

Storm has had relatively few romantic partners over the years, but a notable one for several issues was none other then Count Dracula himself.

Cyclops' visor makes him see everything as yellow, not red

Domino is relatively fearless and carefree much of the time (possibly due to her luck powers) but she has one specific fear, namely Alektorophobia; a fear of chickens.

According to Origins, Judge Dredd was "born" in the year 2066.
According to her IDW miniseries, Judge Anderson was born in 2080.
And according to a handful of comments over a few stories, Judge Hershey was born in 2084. Also, she wears blue panties.

Tony Stark's main vice is not alcohol as most people assume, but is in fact underage Vietnamese girls.

Because his penchant for preteen punani eventually lead to his capture by the Vietcong and thus his invention of the Iron Man armor, he refuses to give it up, considering it something of a lucky charm.

Shortly after his use of the super soldier serum, Captain America accidentally killed another American soldier in a friendly boxing match.

Because the soldier was an African American, the US Army decided it would be easier to just cover it up and buried him in an unmarked grave.

The death still haunts Steve Rogers to this day.

The emergence of Magneto as a mutant supremacist and terrorist caused a stir in the Jewish community, as they were worried he would expose to the world that the holocaust never actually happened.

To combat this, Mossad began funding his pro-mutant campaigns so long as he claimed to be a holocaust survivor.

Reed Richards, Victor Von Doom and Benjamin Grimm took part in the gang rape of a drunken girl in their first year of college at Empire State University.

Despite associating with each other well into middle-age, the men have never discussed this event with one another.

I've always wanted to know how Sup Forums tier conspiracies would be in the Marvel or DC universes.
>Israel was behind the Skrull invasion
>BANNED FOOTAGE OF JEWISH DIPLOMATS MEETING WITH STARRO WHY WON'T THEY RELEASE THIS VIDEO?
>PROOF that all the Avengers are communist agents
>How deep does the Jesuit-mutant conspiracy go?

Slipknot's superpower is tying unbreakable knots and strangling people. It's actually his ability to bounce like a rubber ball.

The black cannery ones are pretty well known (both but the hair moreso) but hal was sure as hell news to be

>Rape
It's not rape if neither party can consent.

What about conspiracies about George Soros buying elections and influencing politicians? Would they be about Janwillem Kroef?

Really? That's not just a comics thing.

You're not american, are you?

Who's Who listed Mr. Miracle as 6' and Barda as 6' 2" even though Barda is drawn as a head taller. The measurements are a joke.

Somebody storytimed those, it was pretty good actually.

Probably Lex Luthor. Also hi, Sup Forums.

So lets say Marvel did acquire DC and then was saved from bankruptcy how would things have changed? Would Geoff Johns had stayed? Would Didio be part of Marvel? Would Billy had been allowed to stay as Captain Marvel? Would Superman be talking in Bendis speak?

>Would Superman be talking in Bendis speak?
Whats so funny about truth justice and the american way