Don't you sometimes long for a simpler time user?

Don't you sometimes long for a simpler time user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LozJSTjrvek
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_savage
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

Yes.

Maybe

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF MEAT NOW
AND YOU'RE NOT SO PIG
LIFE IS A PEAR

>life is a pear

Sometimes.

Love watching Primitive Technology and other channels about historical shit like that.

Been really into Jas Townsend's channel, lately.

Personally I think that early christian era Ireland would be comfy as fuck.

What comfy time period would you go back to?

Everyday.

I don't know. That sounds pretty ideal.

Yeah Typhoid sounds like a great idea user.

>simpler time
>showing African ingenuity in the year 2016

Sure, and then I die of dysentery

I long for a time where there was less people so we could go out and claim a plot of land for ourselves.
Or kill the natives I guess.

>die of dysentery
>die of starvation
>die of a broken leg

Show me one place in Africa with stone houses like that.

>tfw i'll never have enough money to open a roadside country tavern for weary travellers and wizards
>tfw even if i had the money, nowadays it would make me earn jackshit

i want to kill myself right fucking now, in my wageslave office's bathroom

I didn't realize it was made of stone at first, just saw the dirt and straw ceiling.
My apologies.

I just want to forget about all the degeneracy, SJW bullshit, Islamic invasion of Europe, the rampant retardation of the regressive left, and restore this old ruin, set up a reclusive zone in this valley. Pollacks welcome!

I'd be dead so no.

>inb4 egypt

I could always just move to sub-saharan Africa and live the dream if primitivism called to me that much.

>be modern man
>get shot
>get bombed
>get run over
>get AIDS
>get depression
>kill self
boy I sure love modernity

>live 80 years as a miserable shitter in a gray city

there's probably a compromise that can be made between the two though.

And? Here you are.

So rightwing Jonestown then?

No. Fuck nature, I don't like having fleas.

Do it, but use your own blood to write "Merkel is literally statan" on the wall first

Every fucking day

ThereĀ“s simple solution for that

just turn off the internet

>die of tuberculosis
>die of malnutrition
>die of food poisoning
>die of ostmen raiding parties
>die of exposure
>die of o'brien/o'neill tribal conflicts
>die of typhus
>die of sweating sickness
>die of cryptosporidium
>die of winter
>be killed for heresy

No I wish I was born in the future. I want to explore space and die to a xenomorph.

The harsh reality is that every time has been as equally shitty. We're just monkeys with pants after all.

I don't think even an AI superintelligence could permanently put an end to all suffering. But maybe.

Middle Republic Rome.

>implying
is dying really worse than living?

costa rica dropping the truth bombs.

i think it's possible to find happiness or at least serenity in life, but we have to be brave and fight for it.

it's not that simple
modern people are obsessed with death and living long instead of thinking about how fulfilling whatever period you have on this place is, therefore of course thinking about living a harder life for stronger and overall better people looks bad since we're all so weak and dependent on technology

I would much rather die at 40-50 even in pain after having lived a spiritually fulfilling life than die at 80 full on medicals and regret.

>No electricity
>No water or wastewater treatment
>No tractors, chainsaws or any other powertools
>No TV
>No vidya
>No sports

Fuck right off.

I can see the point in that.

And I agree that people nowdays have everything maybe a little too convenient. I would even say some people are spoiled-rotten. But that's how the system keeps you spending and making the Jews ever-richer. Everything convenient, everything easy, everything now.

>Don't you sometimes long for a simpler time user?

Ireland, Iceland, Tasmania and Newfoundland seem to be stuck in that "simpler time". Take it from someone who's been to all four areas. You could hang out in cities and major towns in these places and feel disconnected from all of the rapefugees plaguing the west, feel disconnected from the degeneracy that the media spews, feel disconnected from the cuckoldry that the average libtard spews, and you're surrounded by wholesome, white families without a care in the world. No hillaries or trumps, no shitskin riots, no pressing politics that could impact the country forever.

It's almost sad, desu. Once the rest of the West starts to fill up, these places are going to get hard by THE CURRENT YEAR and it's going to be tragic.

My advice, move to these areas, leave your politics behind, and just hope that by some miracle, the radical Left and their third-world horde doesn't touch these beautiful White islands.

t would be boring as fuck. But maybe kinda cool.

i'm actually even tired of all the bullshit that we discuss on Sup Forums

the degenerancy, the feminazis, the trump supporters, the shills, everything. so fucking tired of this endless circlejerking.

i only wish for a cabin inna woods, a redhead waifu and a dog.

I just realized there was a time in human history where land and resources were free.

>inb4 middle ages hunter fantasy

*tips hunting hat*

>My advice, move to these areas, leave your politics behind, and just hope that by some miracle, the radical Left and their third-world horde doesn't touch these beautiful White islands.

not sure if they ever will. they just swarm cities in search of gibsmedats and to steer away from the "BORING UNEVENTFUL LIVES" of the countryside.

unless they decide to plant a fucking refugee center in your burg.

That must have been so incredible. I can't even imagine that kind of living.

we're too fucking many

fuck this endless growth mindset. it feels tight already now that we're 7 billions.

500k global population and fuck that.

live slow, die whenever.

You still can.

get ready for solent green, t's next. lol

youtube.com/watch?v=LozJSTjrvek

Most Africans don't live like that at all.

That's not even close to being a dilemma
Try harder

Starvation wasn't all that common back then. People shared harvests with the village, so either nobody starved or everybody did.
Broken legs don't kill humans.

Isn't Tasmania a hub of hipsterdom though? That's not exactly my idea of living like a simpler time.

i feel you bro

arent you the ones who fucked it up?

I almost shit myself thinking you were a French poster before seeing the Green on your flag.

Also, do you guys think Varg ever visits?

Exposure wasn't a common cause of death. Winter wasn't either, seeing as Ireland isn't known for an extreme climate.

Found that recently, too. Amazing. Brilliant idea to sell their goods, as well.

Almost every culture has sports.

I don't think you'd have the luxury of being bored. If you were living like in OP's picture, you'd be busy enough just trying to keep yourself safe and comfortable. And this isn't inherently a bad thing.

I wonder about this every day. I wonder what is beyond. I would like to think the near death experience crowd has insights, but I believe it is heavily influenced by religious beliefs.

>a simpler time
>a time when violence, famine, and disease ruled

Nope. Fuck off and take your rose tinted glasses with you.

sometimes. but really, i just want to live innawoods with all the techno robotic shit that i have currently. i dont want to give up technology and modern shit, i just want to be away from people

Yes

>simple life
>get raided by neighboring village, head cut off and women raped
>develop minor sinus infection, turns into serious babe infection, then brain infection, dead, women raped
>break ankle, don't set bone properly, develop gangrene, dead, women raped
>drink from water source/sewage, dead, women raped
>try to reproduce, wife dies in child birth/child dies in first winter
>finally developing an economy, Muslim raiders come and enslave you

this whole thread

Fuck no. I enjoy watching all the chaos. It's like we're living in some crazy fantasy world. In some alternate universe everyone is living in boring uneventful times and watching movies of us and wondering "why can't interesting or weird things ever happen in real life?"

damn this could be so comfy

>stone hut
>still more advanced than most of Africa

>What comfy time period would you go back to?

Ronald Reagan's America, around 1984.

IKTF

:(

>this cancerous forced meme

>tfw going to live off grid in the middle of a northern european country
>solar for power, so can still use the useful side of todays tech, without getting shilled into insanity
>tfw my max daily stress will probably be finding firewood for my woodfire
>gf and a dogbro
>probably wouldnt see other humans for months at a time
>comfy as fuck

its people I tell ya, PEOPLE!!!

i would love to

Tasmania's stuck in the 50s.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_savage

Really cool shit. And who knows, knowing how to preserve eggs could come in handy.

People still die of exposure regularly here. Winter is usually accompanied by heavy flooding and even light snowfall brings the country to a standstill.

>Irish complaining about winter

Fuck off.

middle ages before gunpowder but only if noble birth

ha
our crap old straw-houses are still generations ahead of current day africa.

the martian eugenics wars of 2226

winter in america is colder but very dry, whereas in europe its less cold but extremely wet which makes it more dangerous

Firearms have existed for a long fucking time, brah.

Handgonnes have been used in Europe since at least the 14th century.

No! The drinking water was mostly poison so people drank beer or other shit drinks. Most food was oatmeal or something like that. Almost no veggies. The living standards sucks and you was practacaly a slave to the owner of the land. If needed you was sent to die in a stupid war. Would probably die at the age of 30 if I got lucky if not some sickness took me. People did not wash themself as often.

Living in older times might look a fine way to live but it was shit.

Spend winter in Eastern Canada and tell me it isn't fucking wet. When the snow banks are 6 or 7 feet tall and it dips below -40C in your country, then we'll talk.

Sometimes - then I remember my medical problems and the luxury of modern technology.

People who yearn for simpler times need to get an allotment that doesn't allow hose pipes

No plumbing or running water.

Women not shaving.

Stankpussy form not bathing.

Disease and shit food.

Sign me up (please dont).

"Small beer" was pretty damn common because of that. Usually unfiltered. Oftentimes even porridge-like.

fade to black is my assumption, it'd be like sleeping; but forever.

no.

I want to live past 35

im from northern minnesota senpai, i know cold

>South/West of all great lakes

So, not great lake effect? Winter is a hell of a lot worse when all the weather systems get amplified.

1950's America or Britain

Yeah. Alexander and Caesar had it better, today with news, public education, and global communications its much more difficult to conquer the world

So? I work in a hospital. I see people meet painful, agonizing, and sometimes entirely preventable ends every single shift. Cancers, strokes, abscessed tooth not treated in time, car accidents, toxic epidermal necrolysis, workplace accidents, violence, the common flu, complications from AIDS, complications from chemotherapy which is itself pretty nasty, misdiagnosed illnesses not caught until it was too late, et cetera et cetera.

Living today is no guarantee you don't die a horrible death. You might just avoid it for a couple more decades than you would have in, say, 1000 AD.

Actually we can not imagine death since death is the absence of all consciousness, you try to imagine blackness when you think of being dead but it's not even that. It is absolutely nothing and i don't think we're capable of imagining that to its truest sense.

I think it's one of those things that could drive you absolutely insane trying to as well.

Yes i do, working slowly to get there.

Doesn't sound too bad at all for the end of a long journey.