So...why were they blue? And the only characters to be this way?

So...why were they blue? And the only characters to be this way?

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ashy
youtu.be/vWJphD0sg1I?t=21s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So it wouldn't be racist.

I think I remember hearing that they were ashy as fuck, or just dirty.
Or it's just a visual cue to denote them being different from everyone else.

Blue people asking for handouts? What else is new.

Maybe because they're supposed to be dark skinned. Or that's just me being terrible

they were ashy

Nah man, I'm black and thought the same thing as you.

This.

It's a cartoon white people will never understand.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ashy

The Proud Family had plenty darker-skinned people be terrible.

Malnutrition. They poor af.

Because black people are as racist as the rest of us. Koons will take any sort of perceived upper hand, hence "light skinned/dark skinned" fights, "white people food has no seasoning" (big jej) and "white kids shoot up schools" (because black kids shoot up convenience stores.)

I know they attempted to show that black people aren't all one shade of brown but some characters turned out really ambiguous.
Back in the day both my sister and I thought Trudy was actually white or half white.

white people food actually does have no seasoning. That's indisputable.

So was their Dad.

I thought she was Asian

TRUDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

>Implying we didn't conquer the world specifically to put seasoning in our food.

Good thing you wuz a kang, or you might feel pretty stupid right now.

Those damn money grubbing Blues. Also ways puttin the black man down.

Alright so tell me.

What the fuck was up with that Kwanzaa episode?

I mean you are sort of right. Spice Trade and all.

>The spice trade that dominated England, France and America was not actually about trading spices
Retard

TRUDAY!!!!

Blue lives matter.

Literally only beat out by Asia who had the best spices growing there

This is literally a Hetalia meme and really only applies to places way up north like Finland.

is this the leaked image for the steven universe episode "so many amethysts"?

No. If your gonna post that, post some quality, not that shit, the fuck is that anatomy.

>Its the "Penny becomes a muslim" episode

This episode taught me of the horrors of fasting

Didn't that episode end with people writing like towelhead on their house, and then just cutting to credits?

I think it was something more along the lines of Go Back Home, but yeah.

It's better than coloring them pure black.

They ashy Negroes.

Huh; I always thought she was light-skinned black.

Even with these smug cunts on the show?

Theys ashy as fuck nigga

if you thought she was white it's cause you wanted her to be, there were enough white characters in the show for you to get a decent enough feel for how white was supposed to look

they're Crips

She was a qt in that outfit.

no that episode ended with Penny giving a speech about treating people with respect or some shit, unless it was a double episode or something

To be fair, I have seen some dark skinned fuckers who are damn near dark blue or purple.

Also fuck them. Them and their fucking hand gesture used to piss me off as a kid. Still does.

I thought that trudy would crawl through the tv screen and suck my dick if i used the Dragon Stones from Dragon Tales.

>open pic
>tfw ran out of lotion
>reminded that my walgreens is 24/7

Hijabis always look cute and then they turn 50 and haggard

Thank you for sharing. I used to kiss the tv screen whenever a pretty lady appeared when I was 5.

Its the welfare pose

Yea, yea gr8 b8 m8 and all that, but this meme is fucking dumb.
>"WHITE FOLK CANT EEEN SEESEN DEY FOOD"
>covers chicken breast in salt and Tabasco

I love Osomatsu-san

The Proud Family was always my go-to "it's 4 a.m. and there's absolutely fuck all else on tv" cartoon when I was a young'n.

Same here.

There are lots of white people who do know what they're doing with spices, but I will say that my parents and many of my other white friends make the blandest fucking food ever. So I can see where that stereotype comes from.

Would you two just fuck already?

Has your skin every been so dry that you can literally write on it with your finger? That happens sometimes to Black people, only due to their skin color it's much more noticeable.

Basically these kids don't take care of their skin.

Black people can turn blue. Along with big dicks its one of their super-powers.

He won't return my calls...

>mom's Cajun
>dad's Mexican
>girlfriend's Italian/Irish
>can't cook for shit myself so chose my previous gfs based on their cooking skill
>never had a bland meal in my entire life
That is unless I'm cooking for myself. If it isn't bbq (Texan here), or easy to make shit like Ramen noodles or microwave dinners I'll fuck it up.

>that animal
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?
Also, what's crawling on its arm? Some kind of shaved rat?

No it ended with her father grabbing a gun he bought the other day and rushing off to shoot the locksmith he blames despite chasing him off for mistrusting him. So he finds him and he pulls a gun on him, the locksmith's daughter sees him. The other night her father put "an invisible blanket" on her to protect her because she was afraid of all the shootings that happened around her neighborhood. So she rushes out because he doesn't have the protection she does. She jumps in front of her father, and the muslim guy pulls the trigger. Immediately regretting what he did, but....she's okay. Her fathers okay. Nobody was hit. It was a miracle. But the muslim guy's daughter bought blanks for the gun. Also Vivica A Fox is saved from a fire by a racist cop who molested her.

>It's a "Tom drives his 2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe with a max seating of 5 persons, and a fuel economy of 31 Highway MPH, off the road wildly, choosing in a brief moment to not take the left turn, to instead remain forward, to drift out of life with no control of stopping because his well-meaning mother stopped him from hanging last time, and he assumes he's too much trouble for her even though all she wants is to take care of him and see him happy again, but despite that he cannot force the car to stop, so it instead continues off the road, through a picket fence, splattering a birthday party full of children, 4 years at the oldest, before coming to a sudden and violent stop once it (and he) met the brick and concrete wall of the adjacent house, the owners of which would both end up committing suicide, the woman because she lost both her daughters in the afforementioned crash, and the man because his wife committed suicide, although it certainly didn't help that it was, in fact, destinctly a crash, not an accident, so there was a man clear in the blame, just not one that could talk or move anymore" Episode

Some black folks skin can be so black that they start to look blue.

They were called the "Gross Sisters"

This. Classic gibs me dat.

They blue black nigga blue black

Canon ashy. That probably doesn't help a white person understand any more, but that's what it is.

Nah, she gave a speech at the end

Didn't the big one become brown when she turned good for one episode?

Didn't it also end with her becoming blue and a thug again because of pressure from her sisters?

This episode made me think Ramadan happens during the school year, low and behold my surprise when I had to dishwash or a bunch of late arriving muslims last month. I just wanted to go home.

I think she was always blue but they did her hair and shit but she went back to being ugly for her sisters.
Penny became Blue when she fell in with the Gross Sisters.

Like Easter it changes every year but can be anytime between June and September. September Ramadan (and depending on where you live) August Ramadans happen during the school year.

>Oscar gives the Muslim exchange student pork rinds
>she stuffs her face with them
>during Ramadan

Her father should have stoned her for that desu.

Well shit. Still you're a goddamn asshole if you willingly starve yourself then expect someone else to cook for you 30 minutes before close.

Cultural Exchange week. She was exempt by an authority over Allah. A California Public school.

Excuse me SeƱor user, I'm just a little hispanic what "Ashy" means its a way of calling black people with certain skin tone?

Ashy means they have dry cracking skin happens when people don't moisturize correctly, very noticeable on black folks..
Atleast the dark ones

This guy has no idea what he's talking about. Ramadan happens 10 days earlier every year. When the episode aired in 2003 it started in late October. This year it started in early June, and next year it'll start in late May. In 2036 it'll start in late October again.

It's because the Islamic calendar is 354 days, not 365

is this like a disease you can't control or you need some kind of lotion it's the first time i hear something like this and latin america is dry as fuck, but i never see people with their skin just getting ashy and peel

I really have zero clue where this maymay came from? Like did your white family live in poverty to not even season their food?

Also,
>black people trying to say southern food and drinks is their culture
kek

Why are all the "black" cartoons so fucking stupid? Everything in the show was a gentle stereotype that was almost one step away from shouting NIGGER.

Plus every race was over-exaggerated, from the asians to the token white girl that was annoying as fuck.

The real question though: Which was the better black cartoon, this or Waynehead?

No just unkempt black folks. Though turning blue and Ashy Larry are just comical exaggerations. Unless you let it get really really bad it usually looks like

Oh well thanks. So can american and black people answer me this what's kwanzaa, i mean like do people really celebrate this or is just bullshit

Holiday made up by a black person in the 1950's. During the Civil Rights era when people were trying to create a black culture it became more popular, but nobody really celebrates it.

>Everything in the show was a gentle stereotype that was almost one step away from shouting NIGGER.
Maybe because this was made by an actual black man who knows about black culture and wasn't afraid of offending people? The Proud Family was underrated and I like that it showed every stereotype in full form without any punches pulled. Nowadays it'd get cancelled after the first season or bombed by Tumblr for being 'offensive'.

>Which was the better black cartoon

You guys are sheltered as fuck if you've never seen a mulatto.

heh

>Implying it's not the funky cartoon that'll leave you dancing in the isle

Depends what do you mean by Seasoning?

Do you mean actual different tastes and earthy flavors like Sage or Parsley?

Or we talking nigger spices where everything just tastes of chilli?

Black sitcoms too. Except the Cosby show...

She not mulatto, not in the literal sense at least. Her and her parents were just light and bougie but to be fair Oscar's family were a bunch of out of control Country ass niggers

>Nowadays it'd get cancelled after the first season or bombed by Tumblr for being 'offensive'.
no, since it was made by a black guy, he'd be encouraged to make more. oppressed classes get to be as ignorant/stupid/hateful as they want because muh white guilt.

Forget the blue skin
Why did they have the YAOI HANDS?

ashy can also be just having lots of dry dead skin on you in general, even scratching your skin can cause it to be visible but on black people it sticks out like a sore thumb
back in hs girls would pass around lotion bottles for their ashy knees for gym

It doesn't really peel but it can crack pretty hard. It happens to my elbows, and occasionally lips, a lot but mostly in the winter and can get quite annoying because I have to reapply lotion every few hours. The bad cases can be quite horrible though, the black skin turns pretty white like in that ashy Larry gif (I never let it get that bad).

In grade school someone I knew said his family was celebrating it but I think they were trying it out one time.

Because even among blacks there are niggers and black face is highly controversial

>Show's logic
They were Ashy

>Creator logic
To stick them out from the rest of the cast and physically show case their inherent evil nature.

Best Mouse House dad or Best Mouse House dad?

No not really, it's just dry skin. It appears only most black people and the darker the skin, the more apparent you're ashy. White people get dry skin too it's just not visible.

youtu.be/vWJphD0sg1I?t=21s