What's Sup Forums's opinion on Moon Knight?

White batman

Egyptian Batman

Him and Punisher are the only good Marvel characters left because they haven't been tainted by modern Marvel awfulness in general

I guess this is about to change since I heard Moony is going to be in the awful Ultimate Spider-Man show, you had a good run Moony...but you've joined the rest of the dead heroes

If someone says the Ellis/Shavley run is amazing,GOAT and character redefining, they should be promptly ignored and laughed at.

He's not OP but he's unfun as hell to play against
>causes tons of bleed
>inflicts stun
>has extended range
>evades4days
He's worse than duped spidey

well I don't know about character redefining, but it is good

Oreo Batman
(pic related)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HE IS NOT EGYPTIAN!

He was a mercenary in working in Egypt who was killed and revived by the Egyptian deity Khonshu and act as Khonshu's spirit of vengeance on the Earth.

Dude what's it like being such a fag

Shelvey art is good. Ellis writes the same things over and over again.

Good character with lots of potential, shackled down by mediocre writers, and being perceived as "batman, but woah so crazy"

I only remember two of the issues, but I loved them. The issue that's just a long fight scene and the one with he dream spores

I'm not a huge fan of Ellis in general.

>Has no powers
>uses gadgets
>has a plethora of money
>Uses brutality and fear against criminals
How can he NOT be compared to Batman.

Hustons Moon Knight is amazing and everything to come after it is decent to ok, still better than anything any mainstream Marvel character has had regardless

By realizing that both characters owe everything they are to the Shadow.

>still better than anything any mainstream Marvel character has had regardless

Daredevil is a strong contendor

One of my favorite super heroes. His old stuff is top-tier due to not being as heavily censored.
I love the fact the new run is bringing back his supporting cast. I always liked Moon Knight's various friends, and I think his supporting characters are criminally underrated.

This. That run is fine. But it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Personally, I enjoy the Huston run a lot more.

Actually great and usually gets lots of great artists.

Would Moon Knight rape the Joker?

I prefer Azrael

Batman + Azrael

Will he never turn his back on a friend? Is he always there to defend? But most importantly is he the one on whom we can depend?

I'd really like to know what Ellis' plan for Konshu was, but given his recent output, I'm pretty sure he had little idea as to where that sharply dressed bird skull would have gotten up to past issue 6 other than be an enigmatic yet striking redesign.

Joker is such a slut it wouldn't be rape

>mfw I first saw this

Thanks Kevin Smith.

Surely, you know what a good Moon Knight run is user.

He has an interesting conept, which I like about him. First Marvel hero i had gotten into. Also his Moench run will always have god tier cover art.

He's a poor man's Daredevil.

Never got the hype, particularly people clamoring for a Netflix series

Charlie Huston's run.

He's a gay man's Moon Stone

I think he's an interesting character when they play with the multiple personalities and Egyptian mysticism angle. Otherwise he's kinda just a Batman clone with a few flavor changes. He's fun when they explore how crazy a character he is, kinda like how Batman is a sort of wacky concept drawn to an extreme.

I would also love a Netflix show, would have to be a really good actor though to make the character's more out there elements believable.

what the fucking fuck

Moench's run is the only great run.

Kevin Smith, senpai.

If they make a Netflix show of him, which I hop they do, I want his costume to look like the one in the OP and him not to be Daredevil level in strength like near Captain America level.

only bad run was Bendis. Everything else has been good to great

Jewish Batman

Come on man, the only bad mk runs are bendis and fist of khonshu, why bash the good stuff just because it's not the absolute best?

No make him Daredevil level, but also do some cool creative shit in his scenes to recreate how insane in the membrane he is.

Make his strength different in every episode, but make lots of implications that it's changing with the phases of the moon.

Then at the end have it implied that it was never actually changing at all and it was all in his head, or maybe not.

Moon Knight needs to kill people

You tell me

The Andalucian Batman

No, Ragman is the Jewish Batman

The comparisons are entirely superficial.

A good Moon Knight story reads entirely differently to a good Batman story. Anyone who's read either of the characters would know that.

Based as fuck and I hope he gets a Netflix series, or at least appears in another one.

He's had a pretty solid career, he pretty much only has two bad runs (Fist of Khonshu and Bendis) and I love that he's getting a revival.

People who compare him to Batman most likely haven't read Moon Knight since they're much different outside of superficial comparisons (I'd say Daredevil reads closer to Batman than Moon Knight does).

the Ellis/Shalvey run was fantastic, but it wasn't character redefining. The point of that run was to boil Moon Knight down to his most basic elements: i.e street level violence, mysticism, supernatural crime and insanity.

>Also his Moench run will always have god tier cover art.

> god tier art.

Sienkiewicz was doing the interiors too, and it was awesome

Are you me? I agree with all of this.

Not sure about the Netflix series though, they could fuck him up a lot. Cameo's might be cool though.

Also Marlene best and most fun waifu.

>(I'd say Daredevil reads closer to Batman than Moon Knight does).

In terms of personality maybe, but in terms of what they do it's fair to call Moon Knight Marvels Batman

Rich guy with a never ending source of cash who beats up criminals in the night with a grim attitiude and uses a ton of gadgets based on his gimmick

What does Sup Forums think of the current series?

Pure kino comic. Best ongoing series right now.

dis nigga liked Kavanagh and his dumbass pet character Hellions

I think I'll probably appreciate it more when it's finished and I can read it in one go.

Honestly for moony even the worst was tolerably average. Especially Bendis run. Like it does not fuck up the character in any significant way.

He is like Daredevil in the category of most decent solo series in the last 50 years in terms of quality. Even then DD has shit moments like the 90s and Matt posing as his twin brother.

Except he doesn't possess his genius intellect. He is far from Marvel's batman if you read even one issue of his.

DD might share batmans gritty crime noir stories but Black Panther is basically Marvels batman.

I like the dorky moments they gave him before.

There doesn't seem to be much room for that sort of thing in Moon Knight anymore. They're have to take a break from "Marc's gone crazy again!" stories.

Moon Knight is awesome. Marvel needs to stop falling back on the, "Maybe Khonshu is just in his head" shit every time they don't know what to do with him.

>Based as fuck and I hope he gets a Netflix series, or at least appears in another one.
I'd love for this to happen, though they kinda did his thing with the Punisher.
>new vigilante going around killing people
>gotta stop him even though he's killing bad people

Though, it'd be worth doing it again just on the potential for amazing visuals

They're doing "Khonshu is an alien!" now which I think is even worse.

What really?
In like a "Thor is an alien" way or an "Ayy lmao" way?

>No Omnibus of Moon Knight's third volume

I'm really sad

Gods of Egypt are now apparently other dimensional beings that used the Egyptians as "playthings" (direct quote) and would travel between their dimension and other planes of existence. However they can't do that any more so all they can do now is project their thoughts, which is why they act through "hosts."

Latest issue ended with Khonshu trying to possess Marc's body permanently, but he ran away.

But he's been fucked up by Bendis allready.

Best Street-Mahvel character hands down imho.

That's not so bad. Lovecraftian.

Better than Thor from Stargate

Who would made a GOAT Marc Spector and why is it Antony Starr?

I think Ellis/Shavley's run was amazing, but partly because it was a welcomed "reset" (rather than "redefining"), comming from that godawful Bendis' run.

I don't know, I like my gods in the Marvel universe to fit a certain typeset. If anything I saw the Egypt ones as very "back door shadows" gods that weren't as flashy as the Asgardians or Greeks.

But instead we have a semi-Stargate version.

Not that I'm hating this new run or that I have a problem with Stargate. Hell, I love the idea of crazy Egypt shit going down in New York that only Marc can see. It's just ANOTHER revamped where Khonshu is from or does that bothers me.

It also had some really good art and panel layouts that really made the story flow. Made good use of comics as a medium to do things that you can't do with other forms of entertainment.

Based Moon Knight. He doesn't job, his abilities are consistent, doesn't have a no-kill rule, no preparatory time hack nonsense, no OP planet-towing backup. Street level crime fighting at it's best.

>his abilities are consistent
Murder powers?

How has this page not been posted yet?

Ignore the Cave Johnson style bullets.

nah, the greatest part of Moon Knight is that you never know if Khonshu is real or in his head

For a time some enhanced strength, since then, consistent olympic level athlete.

>Posting a page from one of the worst Moon Knight stories ever

>Posting an example of lethal force

Every time I'm reminded that Shadowland was a thing I get really sad. Such potential.

I was so hype when I saw this picture, for example, since Ghost Rider and Moon Knight are my favorite characters.

What could have been.

It's especially annoying for Ghost Rider fans because what was essentially the epilogue for the volume that had just ended was part of that story, and there's no GR collection with that story in it.

>the Bendis run was bad
yeah okay

I so need to read some of the other good Moon Knight stories. I hella enjoyed Ellis/Shalvey.

Current run and his early stuff is pretty good. I loved the hell out of the third volume that takes place during Civil War. Had some good one-shots in that run too, like Silent Knight.

Absolutly.

Bendis' Moon Knight is an entirely different character, despite wielding the same name/face. His run, was like expecting a James Bond movie and getting an episode of Columbo instead.

While the latter might not have been bad on it's own, but for those who expected the former, it's utter garbage. Of course, for someone who never touched Moon Knight before (and/or just picks it up because Bendis' writing it) it might enjoyable on it's own, just not in the context of older readers/fans.

Well beyond the fact that it completely rewrote Marc's split personality to make him someone who wants to roleplay as Cap, Wolverine, and Spider-man, it also only seemed to exist to kick start Age of Ultron. Which went through so many rewrites that any contribution Moon Knight might have made was forgotten to instead write another story about Wolverine.

Fucking loved the art though.

I fucking love giant impossible capes

God, what the hell even was the end of Thunderbolts v1?

"Hey we had a good ending to Thunderbolts so now let's grind up all that good will with something completely different!"

Same. It's something Moon Knight always seems very good with.

Yep, it was like the desperatly wanted to water down a brand, when it was strongest.

Sometimes I feel like they have no idea what to do with Thunderbolts. Beyond this they also had that weird Red Hulk team book that they called the Thunderbolts just because Ross' last name is Thunderbolt.

Maybe they should go back to having it be like the suicide squad in Ellisbolts or Cagebolts. Though I don't mind the Buckybolts at the moment (aside from the art).

Busiekbolts are my favourite lineup, one of the best books marvel put out in the 90s, i'll always love citizen V