Adjusted for inflation no film has ever beaten this film's box office

So the question - my kinographers - is is it any good?

Movie name?

unfair to compare its box office since it was re-released constantly. Might want to realise televisions and VHS wasn't everywhere back then

I am sure there are a bunch of contrarian articles/reviews out there that say it's complete dogshit, because when people go back and review older movies they fail to realise that movies are a product of their time and you can only give them a fair review when you judge it by the standards of the time it was made in.

Its my mother's favourite film but she watches it rarely because of its length.

Also, you should keep in mind that the film has had multiple cinema re-releases.

Jason St Clair: The Beast

It's still mostly a chick flick any way you cut it. It's not bad persay but it's more shallow than people let on.

It won 10 oscars including best picture. It was re-released for a reason.

Yes, it's very good.

Super Mario Bros. (1993)

that's lead actors Bob Hoskins on the left and John Leguizamo on the right

Absolute 'Kino'. Great cinematography, compelling performances, and a interesting plot about a time when America was fighting against itself and one woman's struggle to survive in a world utterly ripped apart.

I agree but also the only way to watch it was at the cinema. cant be compared

>30 years in cinemas
>wow so much money
kys retard, then kys again

Yes there's some sensibility and intelligence in this movie for the time of its release especially.

Certainly it didnt make all that money in a single release nonetheless most of the figures counted came from US alone! So crazy to think the whole country watched that movie. Its not difficult to see a movie of that scale garnering attraction it was ambitious and the book was also widely read. And yes very different from tody. It was all dragging and really naive. You gota keep in mind it was slow paced but the idea of entertainment at the time was like listening to tales in some radio shit lol so a historic curiosity i may add as well, see what kept people's minds on at the time

>Adjusted for inflation

This is always retarded. You need to compare how many people bought tickets.

Go fuck yourself.

Explain how it was naive?

Its quite an achievement still. The interest remained big for a long time

i'm sure it was great for it's time, but i thought it was terrible. it's a movie for women.

You have to be at least 18 to use this website.

Gone with the Wind sold about 60 million tickets in a 4 year run. 4 YEARS. Compare that to modern movies that run only a few months at most and sell 40mill-50million tickets..

I believe it's mostly an infantile movie. the characters have the mentality equivalent of a 6 year old kid today and passed as an acceptable custom of the period

But i accept it was a different time. Its rare the occasion where old movies will offer me intellectual challenges so i watch them as mere historic pieces of time but you find some gold sometime

yes the movie is actually good. it's ROTK-length and it's still good. Watch it on weekend afternoon. Maybe with a friend.

that's not true i'm a man i'm not a woman and i like it

She just needed a good cock up the bum.

you should probably transition

How did that compare to other films of the time? Bearing in mind movie theaters had only really been around for 20 years at this point. They were still quite a new fangled thing to the general population.

Best girl

Scarlett uses her body to scheme and control the men around her and is portrayed as a complex and somewhat unsympathetic character. Rhett being emotionally forced into the losing Confederate Army for the affection of a woman who he desperately loves but cannot win over. Anything involving Scarlett's children, their deaths and her emotional breakdown.

>tl;dr You're a faggot and you probably think Quentin Tarintinos movies are deep.

I hate nu/tv/

hnghnn

>‘Oh dear sweet, I haven’t done anything. I’ve often thought of it, but it isn’t that I want to satisfy myself so much because I wouldn’t do that without you, so I’m not going to if I can help it. I know it won’t be right or do any good.
>‘I am sitting naked with just my parts wrapped in your panties. My longing for you is so intense