So I've been watching a lot of 2GB 720p Bluray rips lately and you know what? It's totally fine...

So I've been watching a lot of 2GB 720p Bluray rips lately and you know what? It's totally fine. Compared to my 13GB 1080p rips I can barely even tell a difference, and I'm watching it on my 65" 4K TV. Even 4K stuff doesn't look that much better to be honest.

>get your eyes checked
I wear prescription glasses.

People talk a lot about 4K/UHD being a meme, but what if the meme started all the way back with "Full HD" 1080p. Remember the original HD was 720p. And bitrate this bitrate that... it only matters in action capeshit movies with a lot of stuff going on on the screen, which I rarely watch anyway.

Now go ahead and post your screenshots of that one split second in a YIFY rip where the picture got pixelated and be done with it, but you're only fooling yourself.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=mpc-hc+madvr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LARRY YOU STUPID BALD FUCK, 1080P IS SUPERIOR WHAT ARE YOU A MORON IN ADDITION TO BEING A JEW?!?

Susie is a kike too though, in fact most of them are except Cheryl

I dont even get to watch 1080p unless its direct off the telly.
Australian internet is so cucked, we've got used to 480p standard streams and 720p on a good day.

No patience to torrent gbs of data for hours just to get ideal quality.

yeah m8, it's not like we actually need to see every drop of sweat collecting on an actor's upper lip - personally i find that quite disconcerting when i'm eating something; 720 is fine

>Compared to my 13GB 1080p rips I can barely even tell a difference
>Even 4K stuff doesn't look that much better to be honest.
Cool story, but there is still a difference. Some people like getting the best possible quality, obviously you dont.

Youre wrong goyim, why dont you buy the new Samseng s13 with an 5 inch 8k resolution?

my glasses always have smudges or they're on the coffee table, I'm practically colour blind. So I really need 4K to help make up the difference guys. After all I've got a 28" plasma tv.

I used to but now I'm not so sure it's worth it anymore. I could shave a TB off my collection if all my movies were reduced to 2GB

Some people care some dont, big deal.
I still prefer 8-13 GB 1080p rips if I'm going to keep a movie.
What media player do you use? This and the settings used can make a big difference in quality.

On my computer I use MPC-HC, no settings changed and I Direct Play to my TV using Plex Media Server

i can definitely tell the difference.

>On my computer I use MPC-HC, no settings changed
If you used madvr with mpc-hc and spent a little time configuring it you can get noticeably better quality.

>and I Direct Play to my TV using Plex Media Server
I never used plex but I know it uses mpv. If your able to use the mpv.conf file adding profile=opengl-hq will also give you better quality.

You should definitely be able to tell how fucked the audio is on those rips at least.

>but you're only fooling yourself

Sure, overcompressed video and audio looking and sounding like shit is a product of my imagination

>he cant get 1080 youtube videos
jesus man sort yourself out

Same OP, unless its yify or some shit you have to try really hard to see the difference

>If you used madvr with mpc-hc and spent a little time configuring it you can get noticeably better quality.
Do tell

i only looked at the thumbnail and i thought this was a curb your enthusiasm thread

ezpz

lmgtfy.com/?q=mpc-hc+madvr

>madvr with mpc-hc
waste of time for no appreciable difference
autist tinkering nerds think they can make gold out of gold

>t. tech illiterate

That episode sucked

rude

reeeeeeeeee

AND VINYL SOUNDS BETTER THAN DIGITAL GODDAMMIT

GTFO outta here you fuckin hipster

Get off the internet grandpa, you're outta your league.

>2GB 720p Bluray rips lately and you know what? It's totally fine. Compared to my 13GB 1080p rips I can barely even tell a difference.

Biggest difference between those two isn't picture quality, but sound quality. Reason why DVD and BR tend to have rather massive file sizes is because there is room on the disk and the fact that DVD- and BR-players are in the end toaster tier computers with some specialized chips and software to decode barely compressed data. Any non-toaster PC could run picture and sound of said medias with much higher level of data compression using generic processor.

Analog>digital.

>Analog>digital.
Thats not what I'm talking about. user sperged out because someone mentioned configuring a media player for better playback. And since OP says he watches 720p on a 4k tv better upscaling algorithms will definitely improve quality over the defaults.