Other urls found in this thread:

infidels.org/library/modern/farrell_till/prophecy.html
youtu.be/MlnnWbkMlbg
infidels.org/library/modern/chris_sandoval/daniel.html
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/85349189/#q85359672
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/85349189/#85360024
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*le tip ;/\)

I'll just respond to this bait now and say it's stupid and evidence of how watered down the majority of mainstream atheists understand Christianity. Not that it's all their fault either, they're taught by Protestants.

Great response! You sure proved our point :)

I like this one also

Why do you hate Christianity?

He's a jew.

Anyone else atheist but share Christian morals and believe America is a Christian country, as it should be as long as it doesn't interfere with our legal system?

I don't. I just don't think it's real.

Just like LotR

>Christian morals

Like what? Most of their laws are about sex and worship rituals

Modern Christian morals, the ones they all say the ebil atheists are deprived of.

> Man is made seperate from God
> Man and God exists as seperate entities
> Man needs to be remade in the image of God
> Jesus is a personification of God sent to rejoin Man and God
> It is only through a painful realignment that we will be save
> His sacrifice and resurrection provide the basis by which we can be saved from this mortal flesh and become one with God

Understand?

1st John 4:20
>If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

You have never read the Bible. Guaranteed.

If God wanted us to be one with him he would have just made us like that.

Your stupid, made up story has a plot hole. (ignoring the fact there is zero evidence for any miracles that occurred in the Bible, including the exodus of the Jews from Egypt)

How do you explain various confirmed prophecies of the Bible?

infidels.org/library/modern/farrell_till/prophecy.html

TL;DR
We can start from Daniel's dream if you may. Explain or GTFO.

I used to live in a nice mountain town of 400 people.

Then the fucking church decided to house 60 refugees, now I can't take a walk without seeing shitskins loitering around at the corners and in front of our store.

youtu.be/MlnnWbkMlbg

infidels.org/library/modern/chris_sandoval/daniel.html

Let's be real here, it's not that Christian morals are bad, but they have the glaring weak spot of being founded entirely on something unfalsifiable. It's a unavoidable design error that could be ignored before but not now. Either you doublethink yourself into "everything need proofs except God for some reason" or you find religion not very different from other myths.

We were Gods, I was King Herrod

And you were cast down and hated.

Pay no attention to our own silly hat obsession.

>BLM.jpg

So what you are saying is that ancient Hebrew religion had a prophecy about the coming divine Messiah, like every other major religion out there?

Why didn't Jesus just perform miracles for Herod?

>infidels.org/library/modern/chris_sandoval/daniel.html
That's top tier propaganda

39 “After you, another kingdom will arise, inferior to yours. Next, a third kingdom, one of bronze, will rule over the whole earth. 40 Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron—for iron breaks and smashes everything—and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others. 41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. 42 As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. 43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.

44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. 45 This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands—a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces.

“The great God has shown the king what will take place in the future. The dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

46 Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell prostrate before Daniel and paid him honor and ordered that an offering and incense be presented to him. 47 The king said to Daniel, “Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery.”

>tripfagging

I hope you're just playing risk you fat cunt

You clearly haven't read the Gospels. Herod already knew of God, he just rebelled against Him and was destroyed. He was without excuse.
I guess you fell for that meme eh?

Honestly christians, how many of you believe Jebus LITERTALLY walked on water and turned water to wine?

I do. I was a atheist until this year but I really believe that he did those things.

Wow it's shit.

>In two different places, then, New Testament writers claimed that the resurrection of the Messiah on the third day had been predicted in the scriptures. Try as they may, however, bibliolaters cannot produce an Old Testament passage that made this alleged third-day prediction. It simply doesn't exist.

2 Kings 20:5 -- "Go back and say to Hezekiah, the ruler of my people, The Lord, the God of David your father, says, Your prayer has come to my ears, and I have seen your weeping; see, I will make you well: on the third day you will go up to the temple of the Lord." ... Now Hezekiah said to Isaiah, "What will be the sign that the LORD will heal me, and that I shall go up to the house of the LORD the third day?"

"After two days He will revive us; we shall rise again on the third day, that we may live before His Face." Hosea 6:2

>video that cites a non-expert as its main source and takes it as gospel
>starts off saying that God as a concept began developing from human ideas over time right off the bat
>ignores that how people understand something over time doesn't reflect the reality of the thing
>central premise literally begs the question

It's shit, user.

Guilty as charged.
What disagreements do you have that don't beg the question?

It was necessary for him to destroy the laws of physics to perform parlor tricks. Otherwise no one would believe he's God because he just looks exactly like everyone else!

And no, he won't do them for you, and he won't take on a different form. Just gotta have faith

>we shall rise again on the third day

Is the messiah a "we" now?

>ignores that how people understand something over time doesn't reflect the reality of the thing

You think these desert people just accidentally found a bunch of gods then figured out which one is real?

I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not. Your creation myth is ripped straight from another religion

Jesus Christ was the firstfruits of God so that many should be saved through being baptized into His death and resurrection. There is only one messiah which is Christ Jesus but many adopted and reborn children of God following after.

Problem is that this was the first thing he did to keep the world from getting pre flood evil . god began to intervene to save us , somehow this is suddenly evil

Read Genesis 11, there is no mention of evil

Why didn't Jesus just answer King Herod's questions?

Zero evidence it happened and also

>goes out to kill Christ as a baby
>ends up murdering thousands of innocents instead
>props himself up as a king above all
>builds idols
>refuses to follow Gods laws despite knowing them well
Do you really think he was in a position to be listening to Gods reproving with an open heart?

What made you change your mind? Did you come to realize that the soles of Jesus' feet could displace more water than his actual weight?

>teenage years of delusion BTFO by ONE IMAGE

I feel sorry for first-generation atheists. Raised to be mindcucked drug addicts sucking priestly dick for their fix.

What "BTFO's" religion is the past 200 years of intellectual discourse. All attempts by religion to make scientific claims have been destroyed. Justifications for religion have been destroyed in the field of philosophy. After the industrial revolutions and the agricultural revolution liberated human labor, allowing millions to dedicate their lives scouring the universe from the smallest scales to the largest, no Gods, miracles, or magic has been found, only the natural universe. God of the gaps plausible deniability only lasts for so long, especially when you're proposing entities that are so grand that they should make a huge impact on the universe.

Religion has been able to cover this up due to its existant hegemony: criticism of theism used to be difficult to find, one had to either seek out publications that were skeptical of religious claims, or encounter skepticism of religion in college philosophy classes. With the internet that has changed: thousands of quality sources are available via a simple search. The greatest lie of religion, that there is absolutely no foundation for any religious claims, has been exposed for the world to see. In just a few short years the ranks of the nonbelievers has grown strongly, where do you think it's going to be a few generations from now?

All that religion has left is to mock criticism of it using the Fedora meme and similar, and to repackage itself as a quack self-help system. Look at how religion-peddlers sell their products here and in other places online: they rarely support their claims, but instead use pragmatic "it supports my sociopolitical ideology" or "it will make you a better person" rationale.

Chrstians cant prove their god is real

This

you misunderstand the origins of faith.

people developed Christianity as a way of coping and understanding that we are separate from God, not the other way around. Failing to recognize this dooms you to a fedora'd existence.

Bosom of Abraham, user.

>Scripture calls the abode of the dead, to which the dead Christ went down, "hell"— Sheol in Hebrew or Hades in Greek—because those who are there are deprived of the vision of God. Such is the case for all the dead, whether evil or righteous, while they await the redeemer: which does not mean that their lot is identical, as Jesus shows through the parable of the poor man Lazarus who was received into "Abraham’s bosom": "It is precisely these holy souls, who awaited their Savior in Abraham’s bosom, whom Christ the Lord delivered when he descended into hell." Jesus did not descend into hell to deliver the damned, nor to destroy the hell of damnation, but to free the just who had gone before him. (CCC 633)

>You think these desert people just accidentally found a bunch of gods then figured out which one is real?

Obviously not. I believe such a focus on one entity and having the understanding of that entity be refined over time is the intent of the entity.

>argues about the laws of physics anyway

user don't be retarded

>Zero evidence

Well obviously so. Fundamentally what is considered a miracle cannot be proven directly through evidence regardless of situation by virtue of what miracles are.

It is only argued for by extension of what is argued for heavily by the church, which is argument of God and connection to Christian history.

>people developed Christianity as a way of coping and understanding that we are separate from God

Oh damn, all this time I thought it has something to do with Jesus Christ

He believed himself to be King of the Jews, and was trying to kill a usurper. But yes anybody can listen to God

My arguments end up the same each time this comes up.
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/85349189/#q85359672
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/85349189/#85360024

>Bosom of Abraham, user

Damn, looks like the prohephcy is true... If there was any evidence of a resurrection ;) otherwise your prophecy is as worthless as the one in star wars

>Obviously not
Yet that obviously is what happened.
> In the oldest biblical literature he is a typical ancient Near Eastern "divine warrior" who leads the heavenly army against Israel's enemies;[6] he later became the main god of the Kingdom of Israel (Samaria) and of Judah,[7] and over time the royal court and temple promoted Yahweh as the god of the entire cosmos, possessing all the positive qualities previously attributed to the other gods and goddesses.[8][9] By the end of the Babylonian exile (6th century BCE), the very existence of foreign gods was denied, and Yahweh was proclaimed as the creator of the cosmos and the true god of all the world.[9]

>It is only argued for by extension of what is argued for heavily by the church, which is argument of God and connection to Christian history

Literally argument from authority. Theists are as dumb as their reputation

right. Christ is a conduit through which people can find god.

WE WUZ DA REAL JEWS N SHEEEEEIIIT

>destroyed the tower

Wrong. You've never even read the story have you? Wow, how embarrassing for you. You've been exposed as a fraud! Wow!

>being mad at good for cursing niggers
Niggers are why I'm faithful. They were intelligently designed to be the way they are, if evolution was a thing, niggers would be smarter by now, but they stay the same.

They were evil by default via original sin. Wow! How are you arguing when you don't know the first thing about Christian theology? You just post images as arguments assuming that they're correct. Wow, what a fraud!

That's pretty naive tbqh

>They were evil by default via original sin

By that logic God should just kill all humans.

Also, since you believe in inheritance of sins, you should go pay reparations to a nigger

Duh god is not going to explain everything , the bible is not a childrens book ,figure it out your self , and see when god starts to intervene, you will see why god does what he does.He is to stop the pre flood condition, and one condition to stop it is nationalism

The second intervention

>1Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

>current year
>punishing people eternally for not being credulous retards

>Now the LORD had said unto Abram

Are you Abram?

>Damn, looks like the prohephcy is true... If there was any evidence of a resurrection ;) otherwise your prophecy is as worthless as the one in star wars

I'm not going to go through historicity with you, my intent was to assert that your source is shit. And hey, you admitted it's wrong. Good to hear it.

>Literally argument from authority. Theists are as dumb as their reputation

It's absolutely not an argument for authority. What the hell are you talking about, are you being deliberately disingenuous so you can hate on religion more? Think for a moment.

Arguing for the truthfulness of the Christian worldview and thus the accuracy of the church would, by extension, confirm its doctrinal decisions. This would be an argument for the validity of certain miracles as, if they were doctrinally decided as valid then it would follow that they are.

An argument from authority is asserting that something is true because an authority on the topic agrees with it. This is fallacious because there's no reason to trust the authority but rather look to the evidence.

My scenario is that the situation would entail this authority can make doctrinal decisions that are accurate to the faith each time they do it thus ignoring the fallacy. I said this is from the Christian worldview in the first place so actually try to grasp ideas from other people's point of view when asked to.

>Yet that obviously is what happened.

How does anything you said there aid your view more than my view? Think for a moment.

My point is, isn't it a bit egoistic for you to assume something God said to a very specific person to apply to YOU, as if you were that person?

It seems like you're cherrypicking whatever supports the beliefs you'd hold anyway. That's pretty disingenuous.

>the bible is not a childrens book
If you were stupid enough to be unable to figure out this is bullshit...
How would you know?

Honestly that's not a big difference, not even one standard deviation

>I'm not going to go through historicity with you,

Because you can't, historians are in agreement.

>this authority can make doctrinal decisions that are accurate to the faith each time they do it thus ignoring the fallacy
Holy shit you sound desperate and sad.

Anyway, gotta get to work. Ttyl

DUDE ATHEISM LMAO

kek, hilarious that atheists actually consider themselves "grown up"

The whole point of being "born again" is to, through humility, become a new and better person who is less selfish, less egoistic, and who is willing to sacrifice some pleasures for the sake of a higher ideal. Almost all the atheists in my life (now 26) are still living in our shitty college town going to shitty hipster bars and generally acting like degenerates because they are too selfish to do anything else

That picture? That's Revelation 3:20, Jesus talking to the apostate church.

Your church. The church that thinks it is rich, and in need of nothing. The church that thinks it is dressed in resplendent robes. The church that thinks it's the one true church.

With Him on the outside.

You, papist, are going to hell unless you get saved rikki tik.

You're just as dead as they are.

>The whole point of being "born again" is to, through humility, become a new and better person who is less selfish, less egoistic, and who is willing to sacrifice some pleasures for the sake of a higher ideal
Then why are you shitposting on Sup Forums?

>Because you can't, historians are in agreement.

The fuck, they aren't at all. Just because you listen to astroturfing ones doesn't make it true.

Also
>the worldview that God works through apostles to ensure accuracy
>the most basic promise that Jesus gave
>holding that view is desperate and sad

You're fucking stupid, user.

How does that apply to me? the verse is about that god perfers nationalism , so i take it that globalism is cancer

What's the point in doing anything else, user? It's not the atheists running our countries into the ground and selling out our future, it's the majority Christian or perhaps even (((Christian))) oldfags - and what they're doing is out of the common peoples' influence, and people know this. A culture like ours doesn't develop in a healthy environment, and that's an environment that wasn't created by 26 year old atheists, even though it might be easy to put the blame on them.

>The whole point of being "born again" is to, through humility, become a new and better person who is less selfish, less egoistic,
Could've fooled the fuck out of me. Some of the biggest megalomaniacs I've ever met were pastors, stern and cold.
>who is willing to sacrifice some pleasures for the sake of a higher ideal.
Pearl clutching is one of the most vapid forms of morality, in my opinion. ULTIMATE CREATOR OF THE COSMOS, SAVIOR OF MAN, THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA.....but also constantly worried about that 6 pack of craft that's sitting in your fridge?

Name one.

I'm not blaming them, I fully acknowledge that this is on the shoulders of the church- and how it's failed in the last 150 years or so.

Our challenge as millennials is to overcome nihilism and to find a way to return to faith- not in a fake reactionary way, but in a genuine and new way that makes us stronger and our lives more meaningful.

Probably because I'm an atheist :^]

Like I said, boomer Christianity has failed hard. It's materialistic and worldly, and has disillusioned an entire generation.

Have we not debunked this meme?

That video is well researched - I stumbled on it after reading lots of books on the subject, and I was amazed that everything I've read was just in there as a tl;dr.. but without reading the resources on my own at first I would've probably discarded the video as pseudo-information.

>the verse is about that god perfers nationalism
Yes, of the "natio" of Abram.

>How does that apply to me?
That's a valid question, which is why I asked you if you're Abram.

Not playing you're game, Prot. I need to be heading to work soon.

If you really think that Islam is the only problem currently then you haven't been paying attention.

>rationalization of bronze age myths.

>Our challenge as millennials is to overcome nihilism and to find a way to return to faith
>I'm an atheist
Pick one, fagott. You sound like the typical whinny teenager who's been asked to tidy his room. Know what? No-one gives a shit about your "faith" or lack of it. No-one.
So why don't you just drop the quasi-intellectualism and just admit you're here to troll christfags, like the rest of us?

lol

>all those American sources
>ignoring that it's white evangelicals that are all in favor of immigration
>ignoring that it's white evangelicals supporting Israel and their g-d's chosen people
They're called cuckservatives for a reason, user.

I'm not American by the way and neither are you, by the way.

I'm pursuing God. I haven't found God yet, but every day I'm getting closer. I don't want to troll people who have managed to make their lives meaningful, even though I think their religion is bogus.

Thanks for supporting my argument by posting this civic nationalist jew lover.

>I'm pursuing God. I haven't found God yet, but every day I'm getting closer
Then you're not an atheist, you cock-mangling spurdo.
Get a dictionary, why don'cha?