Thanos

So in 2 hours they are going to introduce Thanos, an evil God they have never mentioned in the movies, assemble a team, and then defeat him. In 2 hours. Afterwards, RDJ will retire as Iron Man and same with Cap. What kind of arc is that? How powerful can someone even be if they are introduced and defeated in the same movie

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/news/1547620/why-avengers-4-isnt-going-to-be-called-infinity-war-part-2-anymore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

infinity war is a 2 parter. It's also highly likely that any marvel projects released during the year long gap between parts 1 and 2 will have thanos related plots and be seen as side stories to the infinity war.

They have mentioned him.
The teams are mostly assembled.
There will be 2 movies at nearly 5 hrs long combined.

Capeshit is shit but you are a literal retard.

he is guaranteed to die then in 2 movies, not even 3. In the second, the stakes will somehow become higher, but the good guys will overcome.

screencap this

2 and a half hours is plenty of time. They've spent ten years setting up everything.

>his gauntlet has all gems on the poster
If he achieves that it's pretty much game over, right?
How could the current known heroes possibly face that.

>an evil God they have never mentioned in the movies

nigga plz, even for capeshit this is bad, put a bit more effort into your bait, you don't get a (You)

Great job sherlock you have great detective skills I could have not figured that out without you.
It's fucking infinity war part 1 and 2 I want anyone who still doesn't know this to know now

He defeats himself by accidentally giving form to his own doubts and insecurities with the infinity gauntlet. At least that's how it should happen, but I doubt that would fly in a summer blockbuster.

They literally have never mentioned anything about "infinity stones" in any MCU movie. The only way you would know about this is if you are from Sup Forums

It's two movies

ok I kek'd, take your (You)

>In the second, the stakes will somehow become higher, but the good guys will overcome.
Holy shit, I didn't expect that

>Expecting meaningful and realistic plot development from a matinee flick based on a children's cartoon book

haha!

I think 2 hours is a fuck lot for a vivillain. And I dnt know about the retirement but its most likely because no one without strong superpowers stand much of a chance against Thanos and anyone above him as he is Skyfather level even without gems and they are a little pointless in fights of that scale when theres already lots of superheroes active in their universe. Iron Man is what? City buster? Cap is a district buster? Lol they would get wiped by thanos without ANY gems, but the whole team MAY beat him using the right strategy. He is like 10x stronger than Thor even so the whole team is actually necessary to beat him.

Only someone with GOAT tier magic and preparation time like dr. Strange and Doctor Doom could defeat Thanos but doctor doom isn't canon in infinity war so they screwed lol.

Not even mentioning that Thanos + infinity gauntlet is a massive unrealistic OP and instantly K.Os anyone. only heart of universe or living tribunal could beat it and even then would be a tough match

Thanos copter when?

The way these stories unfolds has been the exact same since Iron Man 2
>character is good/ok, usually demonstrably more powerful than the last time we saw them
>suddenly villain attacks
>hero loses
>hero does some soul searching / some minor action stuff, prepares for the upcoming fight, uncovers the true bad guy
>either villain that threw the hero's life off course, or the villain controlling that villain, will appear for the final showdown
>hero wins

In the case of Purple Man and the Disco Glove, I suspect he'll win the second time too, and that will be the end of the first movie,with a few deaths. Then in part 2 they won't fight him until the climax, but they'll take apart some of his army or weapons or whatever

thats called a Hero's journey
dumbass

I don't really care about infinity war, I want thor kino NOW

>2 hours
more like 4 hours because it is going to be a 2 parter.

I imagine at the end of part 1, the good guys will be in a situation where it looks like they are irreversibly fucked

2 movies. And they will probably run for 2 and a half hours each.

I'm actually looking forward to Ragnarok, couldn't say that about the other ones

Even if we ignored the fact that's it's going to be two movies.

You're describing nearly every movie with a bad guy.

Sure, but Marvel uses the exact same formula for every movie. How many heroes journeys does Iron Man need? Cause he's up to his sixth.

Only Living Tribunal and Cyttorak inside the fuckin Crimson Cosmos could MAYBE win against Thanos wielding IG because hes a motherfucker ultra overpowered...everyone else will bend the knee!

But to mount IG he needs 6 gems. It depends on many gems he will get till end of movie 1...unlikely that he will get them all in one movie

Part 1 - Introduction of Thanos, Thanos collecting stones, Thanos completely btfo Avengers and other heroes
Part 2 - Heroes team up and beat Thanos with power of friendship, love, quips and cuts, cuts, cuts.

Strange

if they follow the general plot outline from the comics thanos actually doesnt lose until he intentionally drops the gauntlet when he turns into a pure energy being.

id rather they go this way instead of the heroes beating him legit, which should not be possible.

With the final battle taking place in an Airport

Remember Darth Maul everyone? We all thought he was going to be hella badass but HOLY SHIT

In the graphic novel Thanos survives and lives a simple life on a farm. They could go this way.

They better include this scene

You also forget that he will have at least 3 generals/minibosses bellow him.

jejeje

>With helmet on
its thanos

>with helmet off
Avengers vs. the california rasins

I was wondering this.

Is this dude gonna be able to do all the shit Ronin was gonna do?
And all the shit Vision can do?
AND all the shit Strange could do with the Eye of Agamoto?

Is he gonna be able to freeze time, destroy a planet, then turn intangible and fly off into space to watch it explode in slow motion?

Could it be.. F U N

I hope the movie can live up to quality writing like this.

MARVEL >>>>>>>>>>>> DC

He will kill Iron Man in the first movie. That will cement him as a threat.

It was a more innocent time.

>they have never mentioned in the movies

GOOD FUCKING MORNING GOD DAMN IT

What a fucking putz.

ahhh it's definitely summertime

I hope they include this quote from Captain America.

not a bad line I guess, if everyone is getting their shit pushed in.

more than likely though it'll be a callback with "I can do this all day" and then he dies and it's sad, or something.

they fucked themselves out of thanos quest by giving the gems to characters we already know

unless that's what they make it

But wouldn't this also apply to, say, the new Trek movies, and Bond?

they'll kill iron man so they dont have to pay RDJ half the budget anymore

Ant-man and Captain Marvel actually won't have anything to do with Infinity War.

The stones are singularities that control aspects of Order, that's why Thanos wants them.

Scarlet Witch controls Chaos Magic, the power wielded exclusively by Chthon and Shuma Gorath and of which all knowledge was destroyed by Kamar-Taj and Agamatto and especially Oshtur.

Wanda and Stephen thus have to figure it out for themselves without any books or shit.

Since Thanos is enamoured with Death (which suddenly is a beautiful lady) I bet Death itself will help Steve Rogers, giving him the temporary power to defeat Thanos in exchange of his life.

Most of Sup Forums hadn't been born or were old enough to remember the months leading up to Pantom Menace.

>an evil God they have never mentioned in the movies,
Are you retarded? He had multiple appearances in both Avengers and GotG.

>spend 5h showing heroes fighting some unbeatable faggot
>faggot actually defeats himself at the end, making all the struggle pointless
how is that considered good?

That's literally the plot of The Neon Demon and Sup Forums loves that.

But for movie audiences that would be blue balls.

there were trailers and promo images with maul for HYPE, then he was a nobody in the movie.

thanos has had cameos, been teased for literally years and is the major villain of all this, it would take something monumentally retarded to make him darth maul status.

Never heard the story of Achilles?
People love a story about pride and hubris leading to one's downfall.

Neon Demon has Refn visuals and Elle Fanning to fap to

>literally as trash as a tekken plot

Do they have the rights to Death, or did Fox get them with Deadpool?

we've literally never seen spiderman before in these movies and now he's a part of the avengers???

They assume that everyone knows him from the Raimi films.

plz stop

A fucking grapefruit.. What were they thinking?

There was an entire conflict and Achilles was only a part of it.
This is like making a movie where Achilles is chasing Hector around Troy for 5h only to commit suicide at the end.

There's no chance for a Planet Hulk/World War Hulk is there?

Universal still owns rights, hulk can only be sidekick

>infinity war is a 2 parter
Not anymore it's not

cinemablend.com/news/1547620/why-avengers-4-isnt-going-to-be-called-infinity-war-part-2-anymore

It's actually going to be 4 hours since they split it into 2 movies
It's gonna be hella fucking epic, I can't wait for Sup Forums """patricians""" to get BTFO'd by dank quipkino

Did you feel smart typing that?

I unironically wanna see it, even though I usually hate capeshit

>they have never mentioned in the movies
>literally posts a screencap of the end of Age of Ultron

He is near invulnerable to time warping, has excellent defense against magic and his defense-to-power ratio has to be one of the toughest in the marvel universe

He is a master strategist as well

>cheese and crackers

Is the cosmic cube made of butter? Why do they keep dropping it?

What?

Nonsense. They have done exactly what they needed to do to set up Thanos Quest. Thanos just has to go to Asgard, Knowhere, Xandar and Earth to get the Stones, plus wherever the Soul Gem is.

>Thanos Quest
I want this video game. Where you fight everyone and get stronger with each level. Then when everyone is dead he fights Shuma. It's basically just a long as fuck dialogue tree just because.

>2 hours heroes stop a villain
what a novel concept

every line a gem.

Yes

you are the shining example of how fucking retarded Sup Forums can be at times

any time for Orange slices?

I'd konk her kook, if you know what I mean.

Bad bait

>If he achieves that it's pretty much game over, right?
>How could the current known heroes possibly face that

If it's like the comic books then Thanos drips and drops the Cosmic Cube.

I thought he start's actually liking the avenger's for their grit & give's up the fight?

What happened to Black Window's hair?

Who the fuck is Jim? Has he been in any of the movies yet?

is short, again.

Cap BLEACHED her.

Jesus crhis evans looks bad ass in this

Does Captain ? America ever wear his mask in the movies?

I didn't see Homecoming. Does new Spidey keep taking his mask off to fight?