GURM thinks Jaime Lannister could beat Aragorn in a fight

GURM thinks Jaime Lannister could beat Aragorn in a fight

Is he right?

either way you are all faggots, and I am the biggest faggot of all

Other urls found in this thread:

grrm.livejournal.com/144572.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who is GURM and Jaime Lannister couldn't even beat a woman and when we see him fight in the show he doesn't even look all that badass. Meanwhile Aragorn cuts through like 500 orc mooks in every movie. I doubt Jaime has super hero abilities like that

Aragorn has decades more experience and is practically superhuman.
Why is Jaime even hyped when Robb whupped his ass

>Robb whupped his ass

[citation needed]

He's got one hand

>literal superhuman against a common man

>Jaime Lannister couldn't even beat a woman
His hands were tied, and Brienne is a freakishly large woman.

Robb's army beat Jamie, I don't remember anything in the books or show saying that Robb beat him one on one. And when Jamie challenged him to a one on one duel, Robb was smart enough to say that he would never do that because he knows Jamie would win.

He's wrong. Aragorn is semi divine from some maia whore raping an elf and shit.

once jaime realized he had been ambushed in the whispering wood jaime led an assault on robbs position with the aim of killing him even though the overall battle was lost

jamie singlehandedly cut through like 90% of robbs knights guarding him and would have almost certainly killed robb if his sword hadnt gotten stuck in the next of either a karstark or a frey knight who was right next to robb,i forget which one

nigga Jaime went pacman mode on the northernerns and was gonna btfo robb too
dis

>GRRM wrote fanfiction of how Jaime Lannister beat Rand Al'thor

hue

Aragorn without a sword could beat Jaimie with both hands and a valyrian steel sword.

Aragorn is literally a different race

Jaime vs Boromir would be a closer fight

Aragon is literally Übermensch

he would push Jamie's shit in, no matter how skilled he is

Aragorn is basically an Achilles-tier being in LotR. It'd be like the Achilles/Hector fight, with the same results.

aragorn is like 7ft tall, can live for over 200 years and has superhuman strength and wisdom

jaime is just a dude who is really good with a sword, not even a contest

Boromir would rape Jaimie up the ass. He took on multiple orcs who have superhuman strength.

Tuor vs Turin who wins?

This pic would come down to Achilles vs Aragorn. Excluding those two, who would win?

Aragorn is like half-elf, Jaime is just a really good human swordsman but even the worst half-elf swordsman would be inherently better than the best human swordsman.

Achilles and Mountain imo. Aragorn wouldn't play dirty enough

probs achilles he's just too flawless
aragorn does nearly get killed sometimes like against lurtz

If Numenoreans are so great then why did they get their shit fucked up? Checkmate NIDF.

Excluding Achilles and Aragorn, lads. Those two would absolutely savage everyone else in the pic.

>even the worst half-elf swordsman would be inherently better than the best human swordsman
Not true in Tolkienverse. Guys like Hurin, Turin, Tuor all would push Aragorn's shit in despite being full humans.

>not knowing Maximus without asking

If they all had similar weapons the mountain would win, if Maximus had spears like the viper he would beat him

The mountain is literally retarded and doesn't know how to swing a sword

What? Mountain is probably one of the worst on that list.

Does Algren get his Colt SAA?

they pissed off the gods by worshiping sauron and trying to sail to valinor so the gods deleted their island

Wow Jaime killed fags noobs from the north, Aragorn it's finished!

Aragorn is literally superhuman, and iirc Boromir also has some Numenorean blood in him. I'd give either of them the edge over anyone in Game of Thrones one-on-one.

They tried to use sailboats against gods who control the ocean. We're saying they're strong, not that they're smart.

why didn't they show this
that would have been great, we didn't really get any proper display of his skill pre-mutliation in the show

Turin got a magic black sword, Tuor got a shitty axe. Turin wins.

Tried to sail west and got bitch slapped by Eru

I'm gonna say no.

The mountain would've died from some faggo with a spear if Oberyn didnt dive into his autistic speech while fighting him.

Game of Thrones does a lot of "tell, not show", even in the early seasons where it's great.

Because they didn't have the budget

leonidas imo
he is displayed in film doing way crazier stuff than any of the rest of the guys

they actually dont describe it directly in the books either. part of the idea with jaime is that we never truly get to see his skill firsthand, we only see himself and other characters talk about it. we are meant to infer his skill and also question it slightly like he questions himself later on. part of his character, it's really quite clever imo.

Need to clear up if they have similar weapons or any or multiple of their choosing. Otherwise the guy that wears concrete and a full draft horse pelt is gonna tank all these ad carries

Barristan has a heart attack and dies
Jaimie kills The Hound
Leonidas kills the Mountain
Maximus kills Nathan

Leonidas and Maximus team up and kill Jaimie

Maximus kills Leonidas in honorable combat.

ubermensch ez

das cool i suppose

No, Argaon is literally superhuman due to his bloodline. He comes from a long line of Captain Americas basically.

The movies don't show this since it would be boring, but even an average Gondorian can kill 10 or so Orcs on his own, and far more when in an organized military unit. Aragon is far beyond a regular Gordon.
An average orc in LOTR is equivalent of a goblin in other fantasy settings. And the Uruk Hai are scary not because they are huge and strong, but that they are almost as strong as an average man, but there is still a shit ton on.

Of course, this would be boring visually for the movie, seeing humans cut down orcs by the tens with each swing would kind of take away from the tension.

Honestly, his skill with a sword is sort of just the framing device for his character. Even in the books, he's only shown fighting once pre-mutilation, when he fights Brienne. In the books, he doesn't fight Ned in King's Landing, just has his men murder Ned's, then rides off. We don't see him fighting when Robb BTFOs his army either, we get a description after the fact.

The point of Jaime is that he's got the martial skill to be a legendary warrior like Barristan the Based or Arthur Dayne, but he's corrupted by his family and ends up a crippled cocksucker, who then learns to not be a cocksucker and actually use his head. He's unironically one of the best fantasy characters of all time. In the books, at least.

the uruk hai were one of the best things about the films
they were genuinely quite scary enemies
would NOT want to fight at helms deep

It's just straight up an author makin a legend.
>People talk about how amazing one character is all the time to infer greatness.
>the truth is it begets the Lannisters to have some supernatural swordman in their ranks so Jaimie being an above average swordsman at best rolls with it for all the distinction and pussy he could want while keeping a cushy job as kings guard
> all Jaimie does for the first 3 books is roll perfect 20s on his bluff to everyone he meets, it's why he didn't fight for Tyrion: he knew he would lose

The greatest warrior in Tolkien's Lore is Hurin, a mere human. Aragorn's blood isn't a guaranteed victory.

The movies downgraded humans in general. Gondorians are basically regular guys, while Boromir/Faramir are on the level of book Gondorians and Aragorn is a tier just above that.

Jamie.
Superior armor and weapon reach would make a difference with Leonidas
cleganes are too big, use oberyn's strategy minus being an autistic retard, tom cruise and crowe are bad, barristan is an old fart

>jaime is bad because robb ""whupped" is ass
>I respond saying that is not the case, but instead jamie was going through northerner noobs like butter and would have gotten to robb and killed him if his sword hadnt gotten stuck in some nigger
>"Wow Jaime killed fags noobs from the north, Aragorn it's finished!"
fucking retard

At the same time though, Tyrion would be smart enough to know whether or not Jaime is actually a good fighter. If he knew Jaime was bluffing he wouldn't have asked for him. Ultimately, it can't be all bullshit, because surely people have seen Jaime in combat and at tournaments.

Mountain and spartan die because no armor. Last samurai being in this list is a joke. The Hound mostly relies on his size but is too slow to deal with the others.

Selmy and maximus would probably be the last two. Can't really pick between them.

I'm not entirely sure Jaime could take the Hound. At one point in the books, Cersei asks him to kill Tyrion and he balks, to which she replies, "He's a dwarf. I'm not asking you to best the Hound in single combat."

I think Jaime takes the fight say, 7 times out of 10 due to his sheer talent with a sword, but the Hound wouldn't be a pushover.

Yeah but Hurin is from a time when humans were still fresh as a race. In Tolkienverse, ancient beings are more powerful while new ones are weak.

Aragorn
>literal decades of fighting experience
>descended from a line of what are essentially superhumans
>trained by elves
>good at hacking down a lot of enemies at once
>even capable of fending off the Nazgul
>impossible to intimidate
>so strong he can take a backhand from a massive cave troll and just walk it off
>magic elf sword

Jaime
>some years of experience, never really fought in any real battle except for a few with the Greyjoys
>Greyjoys are just angry fisherman, not even goblin tier threatening
>we have literally never seen him win a fight
>couldnt beat Brienne of Tarth (to be fair he was injured, emaciated, and chained)
>even so, at full capacity couldnt even put down Ned Stark who is like 20 years older than him
>gay ass normal sword

One hand or two hands Lannister has literally no shot.

Except this doesn't happen in the books. There is no "Lurtz". The chief urukhai is actually called Ubluk and he gets fucked by riders of Rohan

>Jaime Lannister beat Rand Al'thor
Well this I simply refuse to believe.

Rand is one of the most unapologetic mary sue characters in fantasy fiction. He's basically the Elder God Demonbane of the genre.

And even Ser Arthur Dayne claimed Jaime was an amazing swordsman for his age.

Touché I hadn't thought about that, but how likely might it be they staged Jamie's victories to make it seem like he is above what one would expect.

I don't think Jaimie is a bad swordsman but I think ppl in GoT universe all kinda scream "get hype" whenever Jaimie starts fighting. Meanwhile he's literally being bitchslapped by his own prosthetic hand

>daenerys swoops in with her stronk wymon powers and kills them all in one attack

well once you take out the magic BS of Achilles and Aragorn, it would probably be The Mountain or The Hound

grrm.livejournal.com/144572.html

You have really low standards. Read a real book sometime.

Is he the duelist that arya trained under? Because to be honest that guy probably could smoke jaimie

>Ned Stark who is like 20 years older than him
Literally what? Ned Stark was 19 years old at the start of Robert's Rebellion, while Jaime was 15, on the cusp of turning 16.

Well if she's riding on one of her dragons then that's kind of exactly what you would expect to happen. It's not even girl power, it's "giant fire-breathing monster vs some guys with swords".

Well the fact that he's missing a hand does kind of detract from his fighting abilities.

Jaime held off the Smiling Knight at the age of 14, who was a legendary outlaw that managed to hold his own against Arthur Dayne wielding Dawn (the confirmed best fighter in ASoIaF) for long enough that his sword was fucked and Dayne allowed him to grab a new one.

I think Jaime's legendary prowess is the real deal, since it makes him losing his sword hand that much more of a thing.

>team up
>honorable

Not to mention, what a fucking bad order of deaths

Poor casting then desu

I said one of the best fantasy characters, not one of the best characters, period. Fantasy is 99% dogshit drivel.

No, Arthur Dayne is the Sword of the Morning who is said to have been the most skilled Swordsman in all of Westeros at his time. (If you're a showfag, he's the guy dual wielding swords against the young Ned Stark in Brandon's vision.)

dont think fencing sword and style would work well against full plate armor

GoT in a nutshell.

Jon Snow is supposed to be 17-19 by the time he becomes King in the North (If he does in the books that is), but he clearly looks like a 28-29 year old guy.

Aragorn firstly wouldn't fight him if it wasn't necessary and would end up talking him out of it. He was strangely charismatic for a guy who had been in the wilderness for centuries.

If it came to blows Aragorn hands down, advantage in reach, strength, experience would make Jaime look like a little bitch.

Aragorn vs Gregor nobody would win, both would suffer mortal wounds. If Aragorn two handed or had a parrying blade in off hand and managed to cut the Achilles tendon or shatter the knee the mountain would be useless.

Are there any computer wizards that can create simulators like they did in Deadliest Warrior to decide?

They aged the characters up for the show. Pretty sure Robb and Jon are around 20 in S1, and Ned is mid 40s. Jaime would be late 30s/early 40s I think.

This could all be bullshit though, I'm not sure.

Ah yea " nowidends"

No, Dayne is a legend in the books as the best fighter ever. Ned+5 guys tried to kill him, and Dayne beat them all, the only reason he died is that Howland Reed (frog girl's dad) snuck up behind him and literally stabbed him in the back.

>literal superhuman
>one handed guy who loses to women

I wonder.

Yes, they aged everyone up for legal reasons. Dany is 14 in the books, so all the scenes of her fucking Khal Drogo wouldn't be allowed on American tv. So they aged her up to 18, and I think it's fair to say everyone else is aged up about 4 years too.

I mean I have nothing against killing the dude stealthily. If you know you're outclassed they should have just surrounded him and pummeled him with crossbow bolts

We suspect, anyway. The actual fight at the Tower hasn't been revealed yet in the books, but that seems like the most likely way Reed would save Ned. He could possibly use some kind of swamp magic/poison as well, since he's a crannogman fucking shit.

Agreed. I'm just emphasizing how good Dayne is and that he only lost because of stealth, not because of a problem with his fighting ability.

>Maybe I could take him, dance around until he's so tired of hacking at me, he dropped his sword, get him off his feet somehow. But one misstep and I'm dead

Budgetary constraints in early seasons means they had to skip a lot of the early battles.

Now they have loads of money but they use it for stupid shit. They spent millions on a fucking drawbridge last season so one conversation could happen near it. Then one of the characters from that scene ends up dying unceremoniously off screen.

Aragorn did some pretty dirty stuff to orcs

The one with guns.

Just read the chapter in the books, and it's sort of what Oberyn does. Tyrion notes that the Mountain is slowing down and his slashes and cuts were becoming sloppier and lower, etc. Oberyn just got cocky.

When Jamie was captured by Robb, he ended up killing a significant amount of northmen in the process before they finally subdued him, to the extent that they felt it was unforgivable not to kill him. That was one of the more clear indicators for his fighting prowess. GURM has said Jamie is the Lancelot of asoiaf.

Gurm is retarded.

Unless Jaime is literal anime tier, he wouldn't be able to beat someone who is like basically two foot taller than he is and a superhuman to boot.

That said, Jaime's still one of the best characters in ASOIAF

>freakishly large woman

doesn't matter, women are weak as fuck

wtf is up with her fucking neck?

6'6" not 7"

It's pretty lewd.

She isn't fat like americans and has a normal neck

Straining her neck to try and look less fat.

look at this monstrosity, cruising on (shit)writing protection

have you seen her ass? she's trying her best to hide her double chin

this

>have you seen her ass
how fat is it
post pics