/sino/ - 台語

The answer is toez edition.

The thread for posting in Chinese and discussion about the Chinese-speaking world, culture, life, travel, economics, geopolitics, etc.

>Learning resources:
pastebin.com/KpgEG6G9
mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A

>Recommended TV Series:
movie.douban.com/tv/#!type=tv&tag=国产剧&sort=rank&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Recommended Movies:
movie.douban.com/explore#!type=movie&tag=华语&sort=recommend&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Literal Chinese cartoons:
bangumi.bilibili.com/guochuang/
ac.qq.com/event/cartoon2016/index.html

>Chinese Manga:
ac.qq.com/
u17.com/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0fm11XFw8uY
youtube.com/watch?v=Db9np2UjUWc
wsj.com/articles/can-anyone-be-chinese-1500045078
cnbc.com/2018/02/13/chinas-hauwei-top-us-intelligence-chiefs-caution-americans-away.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hjkr5KLRvGA
youtube.com/watch?v=z0d4kIOVJ1Y
taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2018/01/29/2003686619
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/balt/.

>No thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=0fm11XFw8uY

Shouldn't you be in /s/?

why

>tfw one of your qts sends you pics of her Chinese New Year feast

Why we been so dead these past few days?

>fireworks go off in the distance
>feel safe in the knowledge that it isn't actually gunfire
feels good not being american

恭喜发财,/sino/!祝大家今年得到女朋友〜

PLA from Djibouti sends Happy New Years.

Look forward to 2030, when PLA sends Happy New Years from occupied America, with soldiers playing football with severed wh*teoid heads in the background and lots of burning baby corpses nailed to the trees.

Japan poster has lost it again

祝/sino/新年快乐

身体健康
步步高升
事业有成
心想事成
万事如意

感谢一路有你们

祝秘鲁在越南幸运

humiliated in badminton again

Suffer not the wh*te to live.

Chinese festivals should be an occasion to celebrate for the Asian race and those living in the sinosphere, while it should be a day of death and suffering for those who stand against us.

Considering how many non-wh*tes have been murdered by wh*te domination, colonialism and imperialism throughout the past 4 centuries even during your christmas festivals of love and mercy, slamming a few wh*te babies against trees and concrete walls during chinese holidays should be an appropriate way to ward off evil spirits.

amen bruddah. the wh*toids shall know to fear us

Peru has already fired the opening salvo against the wh*tes

My aboriginal GF sent me a pic of her thicc ass for the New Year.

>aboriginals
>thicc

I dont think so.
These jungle people whose ancestors grew up in the humid tropical environment cannot be thick at all, because it would directly impact their life-expectancy.

I got a new gf btw. a greek girl who is actually thicc as hell and a cute shortstack with great breasts and (most importantly for an asian male) a very cute face.
She is a honorary non-wh*te for me.

But Japan you hate wh*toids why are you dating one?

nonsensical post

>Implying anyone will ever catch PERU when he chosses to show wh*toids his wrath

Because she's at least not from an anglo country, who are irredeemable by genetic heritage. East europeans are OK due to slavic influence. And slavs are the only good wh*tes, because they actually arent.

greeks are not white

xin (new)
nian (year)
kuai le (happy)

Did you know this?

Chinese don't actually say "Happy New Year" but "New Year Happy".

Kind of stupid imo.

What do you think?

Pretty sure the phrase developed centuries ago, and normal grammar rules don't apply to 四字成語 anyway

Tell that to a greek if you want to see true butthurt

American intelligence is advising its people not to use Chinese smartphones.

Is it because they're full of Chinese botnet apps or because the CIA can't snoop them because there are no CIA botnet apps on them?

I've seen his gf's ass before. It's not huge but it's definitely round and THICC compared to the typical flat Chinese ass.

>台语
Don't you mean 闽南语? The dialect of Taiwan is the same as that of Fujian province. "台语" is a huge meme.
Perhaps lack of Cuban posting is to blame.

Just like how American software has backdoors for American intelligence agencies, Chinese software has backdoors for Chinese intelligence agencies. Exactly the same shit that got Kaspersky in trouble

>Exactly the same shit that got Kaspersky in trouble
Kaspersky is botnet for Russian?

he looks a bit like this "Sminem" guy from Russia, don't you think

*文言文生我气

It's horrible to think that prior to about 1920 everyone had to learn 文言文 if they wanted to write something. While they spoke a completely different language verbally. Glad the CCP realised what a pointless waste of time this was and put effort into promoting the written vernacular Chinese we know today.

>Asian foot chick starts a live video on IG of some New Years fireworks in the middle of a busy road
>the only comments are "show feet" "take off shoes now"

Do you guys unironically support the 中国共产党? Doesn't it bother you that they are way too powerful and that they don't have to answer to anybody?

youtube.com/watch?v=Db9np2UjUWc

Well, there was already some sort of Baihua movement going on before that, but true - illiteracy lead to the monopolization of literacy in the hands of a few selected elites who, in turn, wrote 文言文 and made everything needlessly pretentious, raising the bar to literacy even further.

Simplification of vernacular language and the script in general was the best shit ever for mainland China. Dont let that "higher literacy rate on Taiwan"-meme fool you. If your elites run to that island and you only have like a few million people to educate, it is always easier.

That's basically the "developmental paradigm" some scholars atribute to chinese communism and its ideals during its early period (both the Nanjing decade and the 'golden age' of the early 50s). It is really encouraging to see how Xi wants to revive that spirit.

They did some good things and they did some bad things.

this image pretty much sums up china

have you seen 建党伟业? There's a good scene where they're debating the merits of vernacular Chinese over 文言文 in the library at 北京大 in those early meetings that spawned the CCP.

Good film, I recommend.

Those of the sinosphere dont have this concept of fearing an all powerful state. For us, a powerful state is a good thing, since it enables a loose and usually disorganized mass of individuals to band together and achieve something none could do on their own.

Contrary to American spread memes and netouyo, we Japs arent so different from the Chinese and even more collectivists. We have that term (actually, it is just the same word for 'country' as in Chinese) called Kokka/こっか, which symbolizes the unity of the people with their state, and you will hardly find anything in Japanese popular media that is outright critical of the state (if ever, it will only be directed against certain corrupt individuals, but never the system in general).

For the Chinese, who are actually less collectivist due to their nongmin and merchant culture (and having a strong background of grassroots civil society and laissez faire dealings reaching as far back as Song-era), have been made aware of the importance of a strong state during their past century of being subject of beatings and invasions by industrial/imperial powers - because their own state was too weak to protect them.

So, a strong Gongchangdang is actually important for the nation and will actually lower the rate of abuses and oppression - because nothing is worse than to be oppressed by the local police or local corrupt officials at street-level for tiny reasons, who does this not because of central directives but because he is a greedy cunt. If the Dynastic center is strong, the Emperor can control his bureaucrats and prevent the worst abuses, while strengthening the meritocracy, which will lead to ample harvests and a the maintenance of the Yellow River dykes.

Yes, that movie was surprisingly good.

I heard it is a CNY custom to toast with a cup of 母乳 in certain regions of China
Can anyone confirm

is it appropriation for a white guy to celebrate chinese new year?

To add to that; our most important and formative years for the Great Power Japan was the Meiji Era, which is basically an era, where the Power Center, the Shogun and his secular state, has seized the power back from the provincial and fractioned military leaders.

So, for us, a strong state always had the connotation of making the country strong and its populace wealthy and actually more free than before, because a state with a codified law and an actual police-force beats sword-wielding drunkards any time in terms of human rights (you may read about the abusive oppression and wanton murders against innocent people committed by the Shogunate and their Samurai pricks that are getting so romantized nowadays by both the West and Japanese pop-culture: The so idolized secret police of the Edo-era, the Shinsengumi were nothing but brutal torturers and Khmer Rouge-level rapists and thugs).

For the Chinese, who only got their strong state after 150 years of chaos and anarchy and invasions, speaking about Orwellian oppression is far to early. They fear the abuses resulting from anarchy (such as the cultural revolution) much more than the abuses of a strong state.

>where the Power Center, the Shogun and his secular state, has seized the power back from the provincial and fractioned military leaders.

I mean the Tenno... It's getting late, fuck.

If you are authentic caucasian-chinese go ahead

I see, but what if the head of the country becomes malevolent, becomes greedy and favours evil instead of pragmatism? What will you do then?

shut up or get killed

The cultural revolution.

i'm this leaf

wsj.com/articles/can-anyone-be-chinese-1500045078

There are numerous cases in both Chinese and Japanese history where this happened, but bureaucratic control over the lowest levels of society was far too weak to make the grassroot level feel anything different.
Sure, some cunty Shogun liked to state a sword-fight competition woith real swords among low ranking Samurai because he wanted to see blood for shits and giggles, but even atrocities like these only affected a select few that are related to the upper echelons of the system.

In China's case, it is basically the same. Eunuchs and officials fell to purges, just as CCP officials nowadays do. But aside of catastrophic mistakes like the Great Leap, there are yet to be any effects at the lower level of society that resemble the symptoms which lead to the great revolutions in the West (the Cultural Revolution actually didnt result from the strong state, but actually a weak state that could not prevent a charismatic leader to agitate people to wage war against each other).

So, basically; because of lacking data, we simply dont know. The ordinary Chinese hardly ever suffered from the excesses of a malevolent leader.
Intellectuals and officials did and they wrote a lot about it, which skews our views, but life has always continued as usual down on the streets.

Reminder to not buy Huawei

cnbc.com/2018/02/13/chinas-hauwei-top-us-intelligence-chiefs-caution-americans-away.html

In Hong Kong gunfire is the PLA practicing shooting at umbrellas

为什么

god i wish that were me

Wing is happy to suck on your nipple

damn she thicc

Why didn't he choose her over weiwei? She looks decent while the other genuinely is ugly.

Why don't Wing and Prozzie hook up?

Japan poster, can I ever atone for my a*glo heritage?

Prozzie is a fat ass now. Wing can get better dick from rich Hong Kongers

Yes.

If you convert to Islam.

give back loot stolen by your subhuman ancestors

>>youtube.com/watch?v=hjkr5KLRvGA

>she looks decent

Prozzie admitted on one of his streams that he and Wing actually dated for a while.

imagine his breath stank with that phat layer of tartar all around

GROSS!

Yes they should give this stuff back. It was important to safe guard these cultural relics because of the cultural revolution. But modern China can protect them now.

Why would I do that Japan? The less Muslims in this world the better.

you lads care too much abut d-list celebrities

youtube.com/watch?v=z0d4kIOVJ1Y

Watch it at 45:40.

>Bro I swear I studied China's performance over the years and they will definitely make it to #4 in the Winter Olympics this year, if not better.

Why are 广东人 so stingy?

That guy on the left is the most sterotypical Iranian I have seen in my life holy cow. Fucking south-easterners.

have you seen what women look like there? not worth spending money on them

>12,000rmb

Is Putian a rich city then?

All of the Russian-Chinese live there

Wing is cute but Sasha is the best one of the three.

>Wing is cute

My yellow fever is terminal please end my suffering.

>economy grows more than expected
>approval rating drops

What's wrong with the Taiwanese voter?

taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2018/01/29/2003686619

kiss me bb

Because Tsai Shit-Weng is a pretty dumb poopyhead

Not enough 包子 consumed, she should learn from Xi

Is Hong Dong not a shithole like Pekin?

kys wumao

The reason Prozzie moved to China was that he was madly in love with a Korean girl in Canada. He followed her to China, but shortly after that she cheated on him. His life has been heading downhill ever since

even worse

>Do you guys unironically support the 中国共产党?
To put it shortly, yes, because they have made things for China better overrall. 100 years ago, China was the "bitch" of foreign powers, everyone was starving and illiterate. Now it's the opposite. China has become a great power again under the CCP. Are there problems? Yeah, but they are fixable under the current leadership (Xi has done a lot to curb crazy spending and corruption) and overall things are good.
>Doesn't it bother you that they are way too powerful
A developing country with a huge territory, population and systemic problems needs a strong, centralized government to guide the process of development. For a counterexample, look at India and it's weak, federal regime. Many people in India still live in 1947 conditions.
>they don't have to answer to anybody?
They do though, just in different ways. When a scandal like Sanlu or Bo Xilai happens that damages their credibility with the public, and if they don't take action it will make them unpopular. Hence, the new governemnt of Xi Jinping has cracked down on this sort of thing and takes the focus away from pure GDP growth and more balanced growth.
Inb4 someone calls me 五毛. I'm presenting an argument and there's proofs to substantiate all this.

Pictures of the girl are still on John Paul’s facebook account

Are you a 中国博主通?

That pretentious British motherfucker with his "Taiwan is the true China" schtick is beyond annoying.

>wsj.com/articles/can-anyone-be-chinese-1500045078
>linking to articles with fucking paywalls
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
Or at least provide us with the text. I am not a richfag who reads WSJ.

can you be any more jealous

>land of the free
>can't buy a phone from whatever company you want
Howboutno

>Drumpf hat
>EU is evil
>frogposter
>Mexican but for some reason dyed his hair ginger

sums up Sup Forums quite well

>be richest province in the country
>have largest gdp of a single province in china, probably bigger than most european countries
>only give FUCKING 50 Y元 hongbao
What the FUCK

You don't get rich by giving away your money.