Homestuck

I can't get this out of my head. Noticed it a couple days ago

> Scratch took Vriskas broken clock
> Retcon changes it's state from being activated, while smashed to deactivated, while smashed just like Caliborns clock
> Scratchs body literally turns into LE
> Caliborns big finale is him smashing his clock in it's deactivated state

Was Caliborns finale maybe just another puzzlepiece, that was supposed to show us, what happend to Vriskas clock offscreen after the retcon, so we can put the pieces together?

Any ideas? I mean Vriskas deactivated broken clock was still literally inside LEs body.

Other urls found in this thread:

paradoxjelli.tumblr.com/post/149246234301/hey-friends-my-birthday-is-on-the-23rd-if-anyone
coolandnewwebcomic.bandcamp.com/
kanayabooru.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list
youtube.com/watch?v=KrimTgZi5uk
youtube.com/watch?v=KpnY41JNVbo
youtube.com/watch?v=75kJb_aAvKY
youtube.com/watch?v=44un1ADquPA
youtu.be/yg41u9AejSs
youtu.be/rVekSxZujOo
youtube.com/watch?v=ObxMP2v6ke8
youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It doesn't matter.

Where were the other clocks for the other characters located?

Its the same clock for everyone

That clock isn't broken, it's just roughed up a little. The key to Caliborn gaining immortality was removing the cueball pendulum from the clock, which didn't happen with that one.

Wait....does that mean that the retcon was a neccassity for Caliborn gaining his immortallity? Because otherwise, the same clock (not even asking how it got to his denizen) should've been broken

Wait....fuck...am I fucking blind? The moment he moves the clock, the fixed felt-looking one appears.

Disregard that topic. Post fav. ships or some shit like usual

Caliborn didn't just smack his clock around, he smashed it to pieces and CONSUMED it.
I suspect the 'curse of not dying' that Doc Scratch imposed on the Handmaid was him using the clockwork majikks.

I don't remember seeing clock in Doc Scratch's parlour after the retcon, so we don't know what happened to it.

> croptop v-neck shirt
> drawstring shorts
who is this person wearing fake Maryam horns?

The guy that said that was going to draw everyone in their god tier clothes posted another drawing today.
It literally passed 56 days since his last drawing.

A shitty cosplayer

Is tex talks channel actually dead? I fucking loved his analysis vids

Everyone is dead

Yeah. Everything (including the retcon of previous events) was accounted for by skaia and sburb. The kids never broke any kind of cycle

I never really got to the end of Homestuck, but I know Fef and Nep died. Do they come back? They were my favorite two.

here 2 screens from the second last flash. Now go and read all of it properly

They come back as a merged mute sprite before blowing up again. Feferi never is seen again. Meanwhile, Nepeta merges with Davesprite to become Davepetasprite^2.

paradoxjelli.tumblr.com/post/149246234301/hey-friends-my-birthday-is-on-the-23rd-if-anyone
So who's going to draw lewds of Angel's fantrolls?

>discussion

So, they alive?
Well now I don't know who to trust.

Russha and Lirana!

shit waifus for shit comic
where is anadia

I have a good idea of who might.

coolandnewwebcomic.bandcamp.com/

two new albums

Fuck off reddit shill
Nobody gives a shit

You too

thanks for the you

>Terezi/John
Ew

First of all. Being "alive" doesn't mean much in Homestuck. If they are relevant?....nope. not really. Bur roxy alone makes up for it though

Who is the other one? TavKan?

Gotta see the full horn set.
This shit already has Vriska/Aradia and Jade/Rose, it's awful

To be fair, retarded rabbit Jade could just be Jade/Dave, it's not like Dave and Rose are all that different. And not like lesbians can have babies.

no... don't do this... aradia...

Why is Karkat dead?

Then wouldn't it have been better not to do the retcon at all? I mean I know John/Terezi were trying to stop everyone from dying but if Caliborn gains immortality from the retcon, then it might have been better to never do it at all. I guess Caliborn wins no matter what they do

Questions for thread:
1. Whats with the obsession of kanaya?

2. Why is there foot fetish art in homestuck?

3. Why do you guys hate Andrew Hussie?

4. Did tumblr ruin homestuck?

5. What will happen to the fandom?

6. How would you write homestuck?

7. Why do people care about the trolls more than the kids?

Wheres my comic toby

>shit taste is abundant here
>shit taste is abundant there
>I don't hate him, I'm just disappointed in him
>Nah, though it didn't help
>It will slowly peter out and die, as it's currently doing
>No retcons, fewer deaths, no resurrection outside of God Tiers.
>Teens and autists, mostly.

Now I have a question for you.
1. When is Undertale: Hard Mode?
2. When is the Toby fight?
3. Are you even actually Toby?

You need to leave.

>3. Why do you guys hate Andrew Hussie?

Every author gets shit after a show with many characters and relationships ends.

> 5. What will happen to the fandom?

The fandom will remember it here and there but OC, discussions and all that shit will fade slowly

> 6. How would you write homestuck?

Couldn't have done it better

> 7. Why do people care about the trolls more than the kids?

Because they are on a surface level (and some won't get deeper than that like Eridan) walking stereotypes and it's much easier to relate to that

*a few questions

On the slim chance you're him I'll take the bait
>Whats with the obsession of kanaya?
She's the only character that didn't really mess up

>Why is there foot fetish art in homestuck?
Because feet are lewd

> Why do you guys hate Andrew Hussie?
Because his comic had so much potential and then he fucked it up

>Did tumblr ruin homestuck?
Yes

>What will happen to the fandom?
People will slowly forget about it

>How would you write homestuck?
Oooo, so many options, I would discard dream bubbles altogether and make the alpha humans not suck ass

> Why do people care about the trolls more than the kids?
Because the trolls were much more diverse as characters and the zodiac signs theme made them relate-able

1. Some fag that loves lesbians
2. 0_0
3. Because he is a shitty writer
4. Yes
5. Slowly become irrelevant and cancerous
6. Do actual character development
7. The kids have no personality and the trolls are pandering to the 16 year old autistic teenagers

>Whats with the obsession of kanaya?
she has no personality so it's fun to put one on her
>Why is there foot fetish art in homestuck?
footfags are a universal constant
>Why do you guys hate Andrew Hussie?
he did his best, but that doesn't make it any better
>Did tumblr ruin homestuck?
they sure helped
>What will happen to the fandom?
it'll die, a new cancer will appear, and so on
>How would you write homestuck?
give hivebent more or less focus, either one works, as cool as scratch is don't give him an intermission, i don't know
>Why do people care about the trolls more than the kids?
quirky by nature, easy to make your own, different enough from humans to be interesting

>She's the only character that didn't really mess up
Kanaya coming back from the dead was arguably the biggest mistake.
Rosemary was also a mistake.

>implying

Rosemary was only a thing because Rose was becoming a shitty character, Andrew may of fucked up in bringing Kanaya back but Kanaya as a character didn't do anything wrong

Your column is literally the middle one

Yeah, that's fair.
Then again, Roxy did nothing wrong too, and people like shiting on her.

WHY IS SHE SO FUCKING DANK?

Are you gay?

Been thinking of doing a homestuck retrospective video series. I'm a schizoid with pretty much no personality, but homestuck was one of the few things that got me engaged. Time travel and sburb as a concept especially.

Problem being I have no real personality so it will probably be me talking about random stuff that comes to mind for 2 hours per episode. Could last a long time, because I can see my self talking about the meta aspect of homestuck's premise right off the bat for a whole video. Probably wont start until around December though. Would there be any interest? I can see how the time has long passed since homestuck's popularity, but I don't really want the shipping audience anyway.

not with that haircut

Christ, I got into the comic because of the neat ideas and fantasy that it had. Prototyping, the bizarre inventory systems, the mystery of the new worlds, holy shit! It was so great.
And then it turned into shipping.
And more romance.
And more shipping.

Why? Where did the magic of the early flashes go? Even through the trolls arc, it was fine. [S] Make Her Pay was great. I'm a huge sucker for sound-synced animation.

The ending was so disappointing, because it felt like was the culmination of all the abandonment that had been occurring through the latter half of the comic. There were so many questions left unanswered! Compared to the incredible throwbacks that the comic was famous for, leaving all of these threads dangling was a slap in the face.
I hope Hussie gets his passion back. It's clear that he just wanted to be done.

1. One person got obsessed, even made a Kanaya-only imageboard. The rest of us are doing it because we are happy sheep. Kanaya's a good character, so that makes it easy.
2. It's gets a lot of reaction of out of people for little effort.
3. We hate everything, and everyone. And it's easy to get a reaction out of the people who adore Hussie's work by pretending to hate his work. Again: minimum effort, maximum reaction. The real pariahs and outcasts get ignored, not hated.
4. No, hell no. Tumblr as a platform for fan-art is an embarassing success. Tumblr as an avenue for intimidating the author, well that could've come from Facebook or Google+ or devil-knows what else.
5. Don't know. There are stories that still had fans decades after the main work was completed. I like to think that the people who were teenagers when Homestuck was published will grow up to be creators, and the influence of Homestuck will show.
6. Not as well, and not as prolific. I don't have the monomania and endurance.
7. I felt the trolls had more screen-time, and more interpersonal reactions. A theme for the kids was how isolated they felt, even from their closest friends. The trolls, by the time we see them, are all in each other's faces.

>Kanaya-only imageboard
Link?

I understand what you mean. My first big thing about Homestuck were the gate systems. I think it's a pretty big parallel to the concept of 7 heavens, especially when you find out what the purpose of sburb is. I find that people don't really notice that, but hey, andrew does that a lot, look at problem sleuth.

But yeah, sburb had so much potential. The kids could alchemize anything they wanted, and hell, they did. Those alchemy sprees were great. The whole prospit-derse dynamic was great too. I thought deep down that Rose was going to side with derse after grimdark, but no. She became kanaya's gf and her character died.

God damn. Jack was a great villain, becaue he messed up established rules. It gave us a reason to fear him rather than the black king. And he was swept under the rug for a big time lord demon that ended up doing nothing but seeding his own creation, just to get BTFO by an alternate self.

kanayabooru.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list
I gotta warn you though: she got inconsolably upset when Porrim Maryam was introduced, and abandoned the project.

HSE was a strange person
i remember them considering suicide out of sheer apathy

>abandoned the project
Aww, that sucks
Why did they got upset about Porrim?

>Jack
So good.
Jack: Ascend was wonderful partially because of the music, but also because it set up one of the longest mysteries. What was in the box?
The bunny, of course. Put the bunny back in the box.
But the establishment of Jack as a threat outside of the norm was so deliciously good. He didn't follow any of the procedure—in fact, he explicitly rebelled against it.

Speaking of the music, nearly every album is fantastic. Even at the end of Homestuck's lifespawn, Cherubim is one of my favorites.
The Wanderers and Tomb of the Ancestors were...less than stellar, I guess. Even the first 4 albums where it's still mostly chiptunes are good.
And we got the incredible Nic Cage Song, so there's that.

The wanderers actually gave me one of my favorite tracks for my favorite forgotten carapacian actually.

youtube.com/watch?v=KrimTgZi5uk

>caring about American Bleach

This. Every time I see (well, saw) people trying to drag others into homestuck they would always say how the start was a drag but it really got into gear after a bit.

I think the opposite is true. homestuck's setup is fucking fantastic. We got a choose your own adventure with four fantastic characters, where you could literally make anything, then use it to beat up npcs and get grist to build even more crazy shit, all the while foreshadowing about a final boss and the birth of a new universe. then we jumped forward a tad early to see the most spine chillingly fucking awesome moment I have ever seen on the internet where john teleports down into oil land, someone whacks Doctor on the record player and you walk around in an unreasonably detailed flash game chatting to lizards and finding out where to go. It was amazing, I bought into the world, loved the characters, wanted to watch the community pilot this ship of infinite possibilities through four separate gameworlds of individual boss encounters and storylines.

But that's as good as it gets, forty million new bollock awful characters appear (except karkat and vriska they're cool), and soon there's so much foreshadowing about random bullshit the author literally loses track of what it's for. He just skipped all the shite he was setting up for, all the exploring, the npcs, the fun, for spaghetti where death and rebirth happens so often it just doesn't matter

like, we literally had meow written on rose's wall, (and honk on johns, which was obviously meant to be connected, but then ok, nope, it wasn't.) and MEOW meww MeOw was a fuckign genetic code for jade's dog. What the fuck? I don't care how a dog was born. It's not like we've been informed of the details of lily potters caesarian section, because nobody fucking cares. It's an accepted fact that at some point it was created, but i don't give a shit how. I don't need an already convoluted plot to become more convoluted by foreshadowing a baby video.

Haha, fair enough. Even the albums I didn't like quite as much are still chock-full of good music.

Here's are some of my favorites:
youtube.com/watch?v=KpnY41JNVbo
youtube.com/watch?v=75kJb_aAvKY
youtube.com/watch?v=44un1ADquPA

I also love Megalovania (and all its variations), but I think we've heard it enough times with the popularity of Undertale. I can't tell you how hipster I felt when people started trying to show me that version.

What are your favorite tracks, /HStotallynotG/?

>MEOW meww MeOw was a fuckign genetic code for jade's dog. What the fuck? I don't care how a dog was born
I honestly missed that on my first readthrough. when I saw authority regulator seeing the creation and then how he was scared of the pumpkin on post-reckoning earth I put two and two together. felt like an idiot but it was definitely an 'OHHHHhhhhhhhhh' moment. much like when you realize grandpa was the progenitor of skaianet through a causal loop.

that being said I do understand where you're coming from. as for the rest of your post I pretty much agree. there was some magic there. it is the only story that has done the whole 'transported to another dimension/world/universe' thing in a way that really caught my attention. it's probably the medium (pun sort of intended)

youtu.be/yg41u9AejSs
First Homestuck Song I'd ever heard and wrapped me into this whole shitshow.

favorite track? gotta' be this

youtu.be/rVekSxZujOo

Excellent choice. I love the use of leitmotifs throughout Homestuck, and this song is no exception.

Fucking incredible.

youtube.com/watch?v=ObxMP2v6ke8

Okay but what if best felt.

I've been thinking, if all Lords get minions based on their aspect, what would be the powers of the minions of a Lord of Doom?

I'm imagining supervillain tier-moogs. like, dr.doom incompetent moogs.

What a shit pairing.

imagining her at a crowded party embarrassed and trying to pull the sweater down enough to cover up

youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k

Was the reviving mechanic a mistake?

depends, which one?

all.

Had nothing to do so checked it; The troll album has these poor covers contrasting with decent music, even for canw. You couldnt even do the loss joke right. But doctor comiplation is nice
>track/nsfw
Pretty trash, sorry. Dont do meme music if you have a bad taste of humor.

I might be wrong but I think that was part of his powers. He would always come out on top no matter the situation, which was why a physical fight was impossible and he had to be defeated by making him "win"

Or just not figure out a way and make it as vague as possible so you can stop making the comic already

>>track/nsfw

what

I have a podcast I do where (in the near future) I plan on doing a long Homestuck series tackling and explaining specific sections to my friend who was vaguely into it for a short while. My advice would be to plan out sections to talk about one at a time. Nobody likes to listen to someone meander around for too long aimlessly.

what, jane?
no, but she was poorly handled

>Nobody likes to listen to someone meander around for too long aimlessly.
that's sort of the problem. I don't really have the character to really engage people, or the snappy editing/mindset in order to go from bullet point to bullet point naturally. I don't really plan on wow'ing an audience if I'm honest. It's more for me than anyone else. I just want to get my long misc thoughts out there, and if somebody would sit through my drivel and enjoy it, then hey, that's cool.

I do understand what you mean though.

All of them were. There stops being tension in the story pretty fast.