I have zero problem with this casting, and you shouldn't either

I have zero problem with this casting, and you shouldn't either.

Mary Jane doesn't have to be white and with her stories changing over the years with reconned and what not, she can be any race.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?&v=XDXUK7wC3P8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do we need more threads on this

Fuck off.

you are 100% right

Fuck bigots

But does she have to be black? Why not Latin or Asian? Why is it always black one have to ask.

More black actors? I can't actually think of any well known Asian or Latin actors around that age.

This is your average cuck cancer patient. I bet you film your wife getting fucked by a nigger. Back to tumblr beta boy

t. numale

because niggers are the only one crying about it. And for some reason white people got scared so they started to obey these subhumans, oh how times have changed

Sup Forums used to love brown girls. and they say Sup Forums isn't effecting the board

If you aren't just baiting, why do you think of them as subhumans?

MJ doesn't even have to be a girl either.

Why not have a gay Spider-Man?

Black MJW with her Asian boyfriend

>Black MJW with her Asian boyfriend
Asian-on-Black

>>Black MJW with her Asian boyfriend
Asian boyfriend asking Black MJW if she can spend the night at his house

> white characters are the only race that are replaceable with non-whites.

Jeez, you guys realize you're only like, 8% of the global population, right?

Fuck you

It's not quantity, it's quality that matters. Those 8% colonized the world.

Everyone should be racist when it comes to comics...

All Hollywood films are whitewashed so please shut the fuck up. There were no black actors in the Lord of the Rings movies, the whole movie was whitewashed. Don't tell me it doesn't happen.

HOW DARE PEOPLE WITH DARKER SKIN THAN ME BE ALLOWED TO EXIST

I don't have any problems with MJ getting cast as a black but everyone is sick of here how you're fighting the establishment and all the naysayers because casting a black woman IS SO BRAVE

But delicious brown never really included black nor part black.
The place that seems to have a problem with delicious brown now though is Sup Forums, too many newfags there trying to dictate the future and history of the board for the sake of their politics.

I'm fine with the actress, just mad she didn't dye her hair red.

So long as she has dark red hair I'm game

Nah fuck that.

I'm only upset she's not going to be redheaded. Zenyatta there looks fucking white as hell anyway so it's not like it matters.

I'm sure there are less Jews than 8%

That is a really good question.

>If you aren't just baiting
user...

Much better than pic related

Yeah but redheads > every other girl.

why not cast farm animals in movies? who says MJ has to be a red headed white girl, when a cow can be used? Why stick to source material, when we can just use a rooster to represent someone?

I'm only bummed because she's not a redhead. God I love me some redheads.

or pic related

My nigga

FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF
FUCK
>OFF

>I have zero problem with this casting

Then you should be fine with white actors playing non-white characters. If not then you're a hypocrite.

Why not have her wear a burqa? Why not have Spider-Man have a beard while screaming Allahu Akbar?

Really makes you think...

>There were no black actors in the Lord of the Rings movies

Sure there were

Who's actually said that? All I've seen are people bitching about how horrible it is and people responding to them calling them racist assholes.

>Allahu Akbar
What did he mean by this?

Were there any black characters in LotR

So you would have no problem with Storm or Luke Cage being white then?

The black race was the enemy through the entire series though

>tfw you'll never have a cow Mary Jane sit on you and jiggle her fat udders in your face

Why live?

>Spider-Man doesn't have to be an arachnid-themed superhero and with his stories changing over the years with retcons and what not, he can be any type of insect.

Isn't it canon that she always has red hair? I always assumed she's be white anyway. I'm not feeling her either way.

>I have zero problem with this casting, and you shouldn't either.
>Luke Cage doesn't have to be black and with his stories changing over the years with reconned and what not, he can be any race.

MJFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

I mean if she's a red head, fine.

I'm sort of bothered they cast some actress from Disney Channel teen shows, or whatever, but that's just because I really wish we weren't doing teenage Pete.

I'm also not looking forward to Sony pulling a Ghostbusters again and playing up the backlash to market the movie.

That's the problem. actually. They aren't well known because they really don't have the opportunity to be.

I have to project onto Peter as he's an everyman character
I'm not attracted to niggers so yeah fuck marvel and this casting

This movie looks like a joke

SHE'S NOT PLAYING MARY JANE YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

THE RUMOR WAS STARTED BY THE IDIOT WHO SAID ASA BUTTERFIELD WAS PLAYING SPIDER-MAN AND STAR LORDS DAD WAS NOVA.

ITS JUST A BULLSHIT RUMOR

LOOK AT THE FUCKING CAST SHEET:

The problem isn't that she's going to be black, the problem is she's supposed to be attractive

>Shocker
>not Hannibal Burress
Would have been fun.

MJ

>“I do not believe a character is the color of his or her skin,”

> “Yesterday, a rumor broke out that the character of Mary Jane was being played by a young black woman, Zendaya, and all hell broke out on the Internet (again). I tweeted that if people find themselves complaining about Mary Jane’s ethnicity they have lives that are too good.”

Based Gunn BTFOs haters again.

If that was true we should recast star lord as kevin hart
see how that goes down

>t if people find themselves complaining about Mary Jane’s ethnicity they have lives that are too good.
I mean, yeah.

Pretty much, honestly.

>white wash
>the removal of colours
>lord of the rings
>colours removed

There were no colours in LOTR's cast, so they cannot be removed, so it wasn't white washing.

I would fuck the shit out of Zandaya. But she's not MJ. MJ isn't Asian either. The character has been established and she's iconic enough to warrant wanting a faithful adaptation. Especially since Marvel is the one adapting their own character now. And somehow that's racist.

I think it was just a fuck up that everyone was too embarassed to point out.
>Found the girl I want for MJ, sending photo
>Which one?
>Should be obvious...
>I'll call her agent

Why doesn't this work for both sides, though?

YOU RACIST PIECE OF SHIT GET THE FUCK OUT?

Wow, this place really is Sup Forumsmblr.

White washing still happens in cinema so ultimately it does work for both sides, in the end the people with lives move on while the people without them whine ineffectually on the internet.

Sony is still making the movie. Marvel just has input and some creative control to keep it in-line with the MCU. It's still Sony though.

The director Jon Watts says the name of her character is 'Michelle' 50 seconds into this video:
The director Jon Watts says the name of her character is 'Michelle' 50 seconds into this video:

>White washing still happens in cinema
Fuck off. Name one instance of this in the past 5 years.

I take it jokes are above your level of comprehension.

I'm West African, and I guess I'm one of those guys that like consistency in a particular universe in order to identify with a character.

I don't see Bishop becoming Irish, or Luke Cage becoming Slovenian, or Misty Knight becoming Italian. Why can't there be equality of change?

I want to see a Laotian Black Panther.

Yeah, Michelle Jane. MJ. Friends call her Mary-Jane because dude weed lmao.

J.J. Abrams also said Benedict Cumberbatch's name was John Harrison.

>blatant SJW pandering propoganda is a "joke"
wew

Don't like it? Don't see the movie.
See if they make another one.

Bringing blacks and whites, boys and girls to the cinema to make big bucks is DIFFICULT.

>Name one instance of this in the past 5 years.
Gods of Egypt you obtuse piece of shit.

That's from THIS YEAR and half the cast has fucking pale eyes and British accents.

I'm not saying Ancient Egyptians are all BLACK but they're certainly not these fair haired and skinned Euros either.

So you want to see everyone becoming more diverse instead of just specific characters?

Do you like this decision to make MJ played by a black actress then?

This would be the better answer.

Sony is such a failure of a studio. Apparently the Ghostbusters's recent flop didn't teach them nothing.

>I tweeted that if people find themselves complaining about Mary Jane’s ethnicity they have lives that are too good.”
Except bitches like him never apply it evenly to people that complain about too many white characters in the first place or not enough of this demographic, that's always taken seriously, it's only once they've changed something that all of a sudden it becomes whiny to care about such things.
Are people like him legitimately retarded that they can't see such hypocrisy?
It's like the shit that's happening in Sup Forums, something in a game gets toned down, censored, removed and the defenders often say something along the lines of "only losers and whiny manbabies care about these minor changes" completely missing the point that someone cared enough to begin with to change it at all, but they'll never accuse those that change it of being petty, whiny, losers.

You guys realize Zendaya Coleman is like the next Ariana Grande or Emma Watson in terms of teen actors right?

I was not at all surprised when I heard about the casting

they're progressives, changing something is more important than if the change is a good or bad idea

Exodus Gods and Kings

Technically isn't whitewashing since he's supposed to be Native American

Are you questioning his racial integrity? He's one sixteenth kickapoo ya cocksucker!

Marvel can't lose

If the movie is good they get all the credit, if the movie sucks it's all Sony/Columbia's fault

I have zero hope with this casting, and you should too.

Mary Jane has to be white, and with her stories changing over the years, she can't just be any race.

>for some reason white people got scared
Because nogs are notoriously prone to violent chimpouts, duh.

It's truly a shame that they whitewash character nobody cares about instead of whitewashing beloved white characters.

My friend, you are the one who is legitimately retarded.

This is fucking ridiculous. It's like they're saying "fuck you, we can raceswap anyone we want to, even one of the most iconic Spider-man characters for literally 0 reason". Fucking hell, so far the only members of the main cast NOT to get the racial overhaul are fucking Peter May and Adrian. Not only that but Marvel wasted the last chance they'll get in the next 20 years to get the fucking storyline right. You'd think they'd learn from Sony absolutely fucking up MJ and Gwen TWICE. You know I could deal with poo in loo manlet faggot Flash or fucking obese mongolian Ned who'd never for the life of him even come close to fitting in a Hobgoblin suit(he'd look more like the pumpkins he's throwing) and black Liz cause she already got raceswapped in Spectacular, but this is just disgusting.

I've been a fan since before I could even read but after this overboard agenda pushing and the fact that won't be seeing Peter meet her in college(along with Harry and Gwen), a decent "Face it tiger" scene is just too much. Having hopes for the Spider-man movies has been one "fuck you" after another ever since Raimi's first movie. Too bad that a Spider-man Netflix series is financially imposible because that's the only thing I'd support at this point.
Fuck Sony and fuck Marvel, I'm not gonna be spending money to see this shit.

They've really overstated their welcome.

Black Iris West ruined the Flash

And that's why the LotR trilogy is still the GOAT

>Black actor plays a white character
>this is fine you nazi racist pissbaby

>White actor plays black character
>racist, nazi, whitewash, kill all whites, hollywoodsowhite, racist, racist

It's a brave new world :^)

>You know I could deal with poo in loo manlet faggot Flash
He's fucking Guatemalan.

Can you guys seriously not distinguish between beaners and Indians? They look nothing alike.

>Sony's still fucking over the Spider-Man franchise even after the deal is made
lel

>nobody cares about Tonto

Woah there, underage pilgrim.