>Out This Week:
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures - Episode 11
Poe Dameron #5

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708775067992207360
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708777308262301696
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have to ask, does a Captain of the GAR get his own quarters, or does he sleep in a bunk bed with the rest of his brothers?

A dead thread does not make Commander Wolffe happy. Do you want to face his reprimand?

There's really nothing to talk about. Nothing new is out.

>A dead thread does not make Commander Wolffe happy.

It's not dead yet. We can save it!

Why is he holding an M249?

Filoni decided his OC was not cool enough

Fuck if I know. I just found it on google. Still a neat image though.

lazy modeler probably found it already done online

Post same question as last thread see if we can get more opinions.
For anyone who watched the OT before the PT, theatrical run or on VHS, what was your opinion/thoughts when you heard Luke say "The Clone Wars" to Ben? Was the PT close or far off from how you imagined or what you expected? At the time the mythos/lore was non-existent and I'm interested in the lore/backstory some may have created for themselves.
Got two responses before archived last thread, Jedi vs clones, Jedi vs Jedi clones, OB1 clone theory, something about XWing documents mentioning the Wars.

Nerra I barely even heard what Luke said on my old VHS. Only weird-ass kids heard that and made up shitty stories about it.

I was too young to give a fuck what they meant by the Clone Wars. Didn't form an opinion of it until AOTC happened.

I never really speculated, but they were clearly not that long before the OT, considering both Obi and Anakin fought in them.

It was a quick, passing line I didn't catch myself either. I've always just been interested in what backstory some people may have thought of. I like the idea of deep lore presenting more than what it may actually be. I'm sure during the writing process, the line mentioning the Wars was just an afterthought of "Hey, clone wars sounds neat/futuristic. Let's have Luke and Ben have a dialogue about it and Anakin."

I had the thought that it was planets using armies of clones to wage war on each other, with the Jedi trying to keep the peace. My friend was adamant that it was about clones waging war on the galaxy after they had been bred as a labor force to make and run everything. His argument was everything was so run down because the galaxy was still recovering from losing all its slaves.

I imagined it was your standard "clone plot" where literal clones of people were running around and got together to form an army and the Jedi had to fight them, with a lot of "b-but which is the real one?" going on. More than a few people thought something similar. At one point, Obi-Wan actually being a clone named OB-1 was a common joke.

The other common assumption was that it was Mandalorians vs Jedi, though that explanation usually only added clones in as an afterthought despite the conflict being named after them.

Yeah I don't know how speculation anyone really put into it unlike the shit with Fett. I'm just looking for conservation on the expectation vs reality of TCWs. Like I'm sure no I've expected the ass pull of Fett actually being a clone/ biological son(whichever he is) either

>I imagined it was your standard "clone plot" where literal clones of people were running around and got together to form an army and the Jedi had to fight them, with a lot of "b-but which is the real one?" going on
I thought this too, and I've always hated stories like that, so I was glad that the Clone Wars ended up having nothing about mistaken identities or any of that stuff.

So what were your thoughts after AOTC? Seeing the actual clone army and their armor looking similar to storm troopers

I had a fairly different take on it, and it's because I watched Bucky O'Hare as a kid. There were a lot of general sci-fi cliches on the show, and several things that were clearly directly inspired by Star Wars. They mention a past conflict called the "Great Clone Uprising" and that somewhat colored my view of what the Clone Wars might have been: clones used as cheap labor deciding they'd had enough, banding together and revolting, forcing the Jedi to have to put a stop to this.

I wasn't really disappointed because I was never the kind of person to be angry that my headcanon didn't come true. I didn't really feel anything negative towards the revelation of what the Clone Wars actually were about. I didn't like having Boba Fett's origin revealed (I was a hardcore Fettfag when I was younger and I felt his origin should always be mysterious) but I've embraced it over the years.

That's a great shot, I love the way his head slumps down.

A lot of people don't realize his arms are CGI for most of this scene. They only become real once he breaks out of the bindings.

Not the other user. But it was, I guess, my first conscious taste of SW pottery. I saw the Phase 1 Clone armor an I was like 'OHFUCK, PROTO-STORMTROOPERS'.

>Wolfe in Phase 2 armour
>Dragging a Phase 1 Trooper
And now this picture bothers me

I had no thoughts one way or another on the Clone Wars until they actually happened right in front of my eyes. Up until that point, it was a passing reference that I never could have imagined would actually get followed up on.

That's Jimmy. He's the retard of the group and forgot to grab a phase 2 helmet when they were issued.

Heh, I wonder if the Phase I armor was originally a scaled down version of armor the Kaminoans themselves used. Not because of the aesthetic, but because it was regarded as being uncomfortable for the clone troopers and because the Phase II was adapted to be better for the human anatomy.

That was my initial thought too and before order 66, I was always interested in how they would go from this to storm troopers and what would become of the clones.

God, I fucking hate their rifles. Sure, just turning a storm trooper rifle front over SEEMS clever, but then you notice the fucking scope is on the bottom. Looks idiotic, can never take it seriously again.

>but because it was regarded as being uncomfortable for the clone troopers and because the Phase II was adapted to be better for the human anatomy.
And yet no one wore them

Sorry about your autism, /k/.

>It really shouldn't. Phase II armor was worn somewhat halfway into the war by officers and ARCs for field testing before becoming the new standard. I believe you actually do see the gradual transition in the show.

Are you sure that's the scope? Look more like it's a component of the blaster itself.

What do you mean?

Me neither. Like the other user said, this was my first taste of "SW pottery." Seeing the clones, then remembering the past mention of them, the similarities between the armor and storm troopers, etc. It was fun for awhile

>I wonder if the Phase I armor was originally a scaled down version of armor the Kaminoans themselves used

I doubt it. The anatomy is just way too different. And I suspect Kaminoans have soldiers amongst their species.

As ridiculously overpowered as they depicted him much later on, I'm going to miss this Luke. I seriously hope they do right by Mark in VIII. He shouldn't just be the type to do nothing imparting wisdom

>but then you notice the fucking scope is on the bottom
Look closely and you'll see it has no lenses. Whatever the hell it is, it's not an actual scope.

Scanon here. I'm currently going through training for my new job. I should be working in a few days and I suspect I'll get my first paycheck within a week or two (at the most 3 weeks). Expect scans of all unscanned shit to start around mid September. I'm thinking of scanning Adventures in Wild Space first just because it's the only real book series that nobody has access too, then I'll do the reference books.

>And I suspect Kaminoans have soldiers amongst their species.

*I suspect Kaminoans DON'T have soldiers amongst their species.

It's used as a grip, but it's the scope from a Stormtrooper E-11 blaster. The whole front end of the Clone Trooper rifle is just a flipped E-11, which creates lots of design problems they ignored because they liked their inside joke.

A scope with no lenses isn't something else, it's just a useless scope.

And a pic to show.

It's sad watching the clones in TCW, knowing some of their fates that lie ahead in ROTS. Before TCW, Gree and Appo were throwaway clones killed by Yoda and a padawan. Then they were given personalities.

I wish the prequel trilogy had been dropped from canon with the EU, honestly. We can fill in the gaps with more quality cartoons and comics. I feel that Episodes I-III are indeed being quietly ignored by most canonical Star Wars media right now, and fully support this approach. They were a mistake on so many levels.

No matter how much you try to deny it, discounting TFA; there are 6 films not 3.

I loved the dynamic of the Jedi leading the clone army. There's just something positively striking and frightening in sights like pic related. Definitely the better choice over a lot of the conjecture that was thrown around in the novels before the Prequels came.

Just wish we got to see more Jedi other than the main three and members of the Council fighting the war.

Looking forward to it user! Sheevspeed

I don't deny it; I want to overturn it. The prequel films are widely panned for good reason. We all deserve better.

>The prequel films are widely panned for good reason

OT-fags crying 'not muh Star Wars' is not good reason.

Do you disagree? Do you think they were well written? Do you think they do Anakin Skywalker justice?

>my opinion is universally shared and therefore everything must fit to it.

You must be a real riot to talk to.

But they're not

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708775067992207360

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708777308262301696

Agreed.
JJ messed up Luke's characterization so much. He's everything the old Jedi order wasn't, yet in TFA he's just like them.

To be honest I just want to see him and Gregor in Rebels again

I never thought I'd be mobbed by a prequel trilogy defense force.

It's not that it's "not muh Star Wars," it's that the writing is terrible. I would want a different era of history in the galaxy to feel so distinct from the look of the original trilogy. I just think we can have better scripts.

Justice enough. I didn't really have much of any problem with his depiction, myself. If you were hoping the Anakin we would get was the 80s-90s action hero Obi-Wan described, then you really didn't pay much attention to anything he said throughout the course of those movies

>I would want a different era of history in the galaxy to feel so distinct from the look of the original trilogy.

It did though. A lot of people complained about that.

I like the OT better than the PT, but I think the PT is still a largely enjoyable set of movies that did give us a different feel to the Star Wars universe.

Just because you didn't like it didn't make it objectively bad, or "universally hated."

His performance was wooden and laughable. That's the issue. Of course he was going to be a brooding fuck who went off the deep end. What we didn't need was nonsense like the "No!"

I was saying the prequels did get that right, the different feel.

My opinion doesn't make the films bad. The fact that they're bad makes them bad.

>I feel that Episodes I-III are indeed being quietly ignored by most canonical Star Wars media right now
Other TFA, this isn't the case at all.

>it's that the writing is terrible.

the PT's writing is just as shitty as the OT though. There's really nothing that makes the OT or the PT better or worse than the other. Except for maybe the music.

>fact
>bad
There you go again, thinking your opinion is fact.

They weren't bad movies, you just didn't like them. They could have been much better, but thats true of literally anything.

So you would take away all the worldbuilding it gave the universe just because you didn't like 3 films?

No one said they were masterpieces of cinema, but the films gave more then they did wrong.

>It's not bad because I said so, it's bad BECAUSE they are bad!

How articulate.

>I never thought I'd be mobbed by a prequel trilogy defense force.
You came here going "the prequels suck, they need to be non-canon" what did you expect?

>they're bad makes them bad.

But that's like, your opinion, man.

I'll admit this was subtler bait than usual, he sounded like he was actually trying to discuss something legitimately. He played his hand too early though and went full "they're bad, everyone says they're bad, you're not allowed to like them!" too quickly.

At least you're improving, Sup Forums.

I don't understand. Is there a gas leak in here?

Have you guys not heard of Plinkett or Red Letter Media? The prequels are objectively bad.

I was 5 when I first saw ANH (born in '96), and I forgot that "The Clone Wars" were mentioned at all until the actual AotC movie came out.

I saw ANH/ESB/RotJ before I saw TPM, and when I saw TPM for the first time, I won't lie, I thought it was way cooler than the OT. The lightsaber fighting drew me in and I had no chance to recover, same with the AotC and RotS.

Too blatant. You need to try harder.

>I need other's opinions to make my own opinion for me!

I didn't thought much about it because i watched the OT in succession, so i didn't pay attention to it, it was only re-watching later that i stopped to think about it, in my mind the clones revolted due to being used as slaves/cheap labor, and the rest of the galaxy had to fight them.

Those reviews aren't based on opinions or whims. The observations made in them are factual.

>His performance was wooden and laughable. That's the issue.

So were the performances of many leading roles in the so-called greatest films of the Hollywood golden age. Yet they're always looked back on and cited as relative masterpieces. You're deluding yourself.

People are being confronted with different opinions, it's basically the same thing.

Now THIS is baiting.

>Youtube channel that specifically uses sketch comedy as a form of reviewing movies.
>being a legitimate critic and not just a different form of entertainment.

Still trying too hard.

>there are people in this thread that don't like Star Wars as created by George Lucas
>these are the same people that praise JJ for TFA

>The observations made in them are factual
>The presumptions created in series that is primarily satirical commentary is absolute fact.

Come on now.

>tfw you'll never have a hearty breakfast of Space waffles with Muja sauce
Why even keep living? What's the point?

On an related note, they should give proper names to these things since Space waffles and Space diapers sounds cheesy as hell.

>I think Hayden Christensen's performance as Anakin Skywalker is unconvincing, lifeless, and read from a cheesy, stilted script
>you're deluding yourself.
Have I unwittingly traveled to an alternate reality? What else in this universe is good that wasn't in mine?

What do you guys think of the Sith Jar Jar craze from a while back? Do you think that was indeed the original plan for the character?

>On an related note, they should give proper names to these things since Space waffles and Space diapers sounds cheesy as hell.

No... no, they really shouldn't

No, just a meme that went mainstream for some reason.

>On an related note, they should give proper names to these things since Space waffles and Space diapers sounds cheesy as hell.
"Boy, I could use a plate of selffaws right about now"

It was just a meme user.

But during the creation of Episode 1 Jar Jar went through many concepts, the early ones were more monstrous.

Time to tweet Pablo

Or they can just treat it like 'space *objects*' are the shitty value versions of products that are bought because they're cheap and made for low gravity instead of specific objects like 'Corellian Waffles' or 'Daxian Brand Diapers' that may not work well for people who travel often, but those who can afford to live on a specific planet.

Okay, I see your point

Well, not exactly proper names, but others that don't include the word space. Dunno, maybe call the waffles something like Loth-waffles or something like that.

Loffles

Go back to your universe, then. "Majority rules" isn't always the right way. All you need to do in that occasion is be loud.

>tfw no army of billions of female clone troopers

Man, the podrace in episode 1 is such wasted potential
It really should have been it's own movie

I don't care about majority rules, I'm just shocked anybody liked these movies on Sup Forums of all places.

>We will never get the conceived Top Gun w/ Clones episode in TCW.

>tfw Top Gun might have led to podracing

Thanks user, best laugh of the day