Target's Transgender-Friendly Bathroon Policy Is Costing It $20 Million

>CFO admits some customers were peeved over bathroom policy

>Target is spending millions to add private single-stall locking bathrooms at many of its stores as it looks to reverse a drop in shopper traffic, some of which may have been caused by the retailer’s transgender-friendly bathroom policy.

fortune.com/2016/08/17/target-transgender-bathroom-3/

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/2016/08/17/target-second-quarter-earnings/88611818/
247wallst.com/retail/2015/08/19/target-rises-on-solid-earnings-beat/
archive.is/yK0vn
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not a smart business decision in the land of the ever declining brick and mortar model. Identity politics may be what closes Targets doors. Hope this short sighted decision was worth it, however I'm sure the stockholders would disagree.

>cater to the minority
>go under cause the majority is pissed

Seems like a good model for the entire United States right now desu.

>spend millions to pander to 0.015% of the community

No shit sales are going down clearly the boys in charge are retards

Happened with Ghostbusters. The people with money who aren't progressive kikes are starting to realize how stupid and bad for business this nonsense is.

but it's 2016 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>retail stores wasting money on costly PR stunts to pander to movie studios filling their films with minorities to represent demographics that don't watch their movies that then proceed to bomb

all these shit business decisions are just so liberal whites can feel better about themselves. It has nothing to do with compassion.

Those queers couydnt even cut it in Canada and closed down within 6 months

i'm glad that it's quite clear that pandering to lunacy is a bad business decision. not that people who aren't retarded could figure that out anyway.

Lol I hope so they are hq in my state, employ thousands in my city. The libs getting btfo will be glorious when they realize the Somali niggers they voted for get way more money than them on unemployment

Adding locks isn't going to save target. They dun goofed and are finished. They will be the next radioshack.

I haven't been to target since they pulled that shit with the bathrooms.

Just never had the urge to consider them after reading about it. The subconscious is strong.

There is a 100% chance people will go into the tranny bathrooms just to shit and piss all over the place.

I always just buy all my necessities and groceries from a local mom and pop grocery mart, my meats from a local butcher shop, and everything else from amazon. Supermarket chains are overrated.

>private single-stall locking bathrooms

yeah so those freaks can molest kids in privacy. disgusting!

Well, what they did expected? That normal women will tolerate presence of men in the bathroom? Or that men will be happy that some hamplanet starring at their hot dogs, drooling with hunger? Or that mothers would let their children in such bathrooms? So, serves them right, and all those millions won't do anything to reverse situation - they need to build separate bathroom just for degenerate perverts. Poetic justice will be if this policy will bankrupt them.

hollywood accounting ensures that no movie is actually a financial loss in any way. That was one big testing of the waters to see if they can bank solely on women with tumblr blogs

they'll try it again without the ruthless insulting of everyone who is against it, and if that fails as well, back to making remakes or sequels to shit without actually changing anything

Damn I can't go :(

>NO INDIANS
>(EITHER COLOUR)
brilliant

Too little, too late

>either colours
what colors?

>single stall locking bathrooms

Should've put those in on day one. They are the best form of bathroom, the only kind that respects people's dignity.

>mfw can't boycott Target even if I wanted to because they went bankrupt here in Canada in less than 2 years

I haven't shopped at Target since the Confederate flag was taken down. Same with Amazon, but I still have $100 in gift cards from them.

Native Americans (red) and indians from India (poo brown)

a fag i assume?

It's funny, but sucks for the person who has to clean it.

I have said they should put in their own bathrooms. Maybe they browse Sup Forums?

I imagine those bathrooms will turn into blow and go places that will need policing which will add extra cost.

>$20 Million

You know this is a company which makes billions of dollars selling shit made in Chyna right? 20 million is literally nothing

>paying 20 million $ for the loo jew

20m is pennies to target
Just at the distribution center I am with we lose 1m/yr just in dropped boxes lmao

>the boycotts aren't the reason for revenue loss
>this is normal for this time of year

I was waiting for Q2

>Target (TGT) said Wednesday that its second-quarter earnings fell 9.7% to $680 million and lowered its sales estimate for the rest of the year, citing "a difficult retail environment."

>Adjusted earnings per share totaled $1.23, higher than the $1.13 predicted by analysts who were polled by S&P Global Capital Intelligence.

>Sales were down 7.2% to $16.2 billion, matching the analysts' estimates. Sales at stores open at least a year, a key metric for retailers, fell 1.1%. Comparable digital channel sales grew 16%.

>Shares of Target fell 6.7% in pre-market trading to $70.42.

usatoday.com/story/money/2016/08/17/target-second-quarter-earnings/88611818/

They're hurting and the $16 billion isn't all profit. Stockholders will be upset.

>Target

Aren't they already getting destroyed by Wal-Mart and online shopping?

you've never seen target managememnt

You think they lost 9.7% because

You do know that box stores have shit profit margins right?

I've been advocating for this since day one.
If trad 2 gender doesn't work for you voluntarily add a 3rd facility.
If not no private business should be forced to take on the expense.

>(Either Colour)
My fucking sides

Target has ties to the CIA

My doggos!

>

It's easier just to say "feathers or dots" though TBQH fammy.

>no "no nips" on there
shit list

My question wasn't in relation to this one shitty policy, it was wether you think this one shitty policy is enough to put a company on the fast track to destruction.

Do you have info on how the company was doing last year around the same time (or before this shit was implemented)?

all that money and not even putting in ass fountains.

>Target Corp. (NYSE: TGT) reported its fiscal second-quarter financial results Wednesday before the markets opened. The retail giant had $1.22 in earnings per share (EPS) on $17.43 billion in revenue. That compared to consensus estimates from Thomson Reuters that called for EPS of $1.11 and revenue of $17.40 billion. In the same period of the previous year, Target posted $0.78 in EPS on $17.41 billion in revenue.

>Second-quarter comparable sales growth of 2.4% was in line with the company’s expectations, driven primarily by growth in comparable transactions.

247wallst.com/retail/2015/08/19/target-rises-on-solid-earnings-beat/

It was up in 2015, which was also up in 2014

Don't, it's the minimum wage cleaning lady who has to clean it up, the tranny will just use another bathroom.

When is Wagonwheelia investing in transgender shitting streets?

HAHAHAHAHA

i used to regularly go to the many of mark daytons retail stores all around my garbage liberal shithole city, but since the tranny bathroom thing, i've avoided them like the plauge

They are already trying again with an all female remake of oceans 11

>Canada so far ahead of the curve they boycott target as soon as they opened

Canada must've known they were a shit company.

I think the biggest mistake was trying to get PR points out of this. A bunch of Targets around me already had "family restrooms", where when you have one parent and a child of the opposite sex, or really disabled people or shit like that.

Since they announced it, my local targets have become Grindr cruise ins for hookups, with seedy looking people around it.
At least they're picking actually good actresses with that one. But they just remade it not too long ago. I'm still betting it's crap.

>add private single-stall locking bathrooms at many of its stores as it looks to reverse a drop in shopper traffic
wat
they want more customers to go there to take a shit instead of buying something?

Liberals btfo by based capitalism

"That was a good shopping session. I think I will - woah...gotta take a shit... better go to Target!"

~Dick Cheney, 2016

Target completely missed the mark (pun unintended) on Canadian consumers. They assumed we liked the brand when really the brand was completely irrelevant, we liked the prices. They priced their shit exactly the same as any other big box store in Canada, so there was no incentives to actually switch to Target.

Plus they expanded way too wide way too fast so they couldn't even keep their stores stocked.

>Bathroon

>Spend $20 million to cater to a mentally ill 0.7% percent of the population

>Paying $20 million USD to enable someone's mental illness

>Capitulate to half a half a percent of of your Customer base, while pissing off a good chunk of your customerbase
>Expecting not to lose money

Jesus fucking Christ, Unisex Bathrooms have been a thing for 20 years, at least, just use one of those, you stupid fucks.

I work for the engineering firm that designs Targets now and I have designed some of those bathrooms.

I have failed you Sup Forums I am sorry

No price is too high to keep the freaks out of MY bathroom.

We have a Gender Inclusive Toilet at my Uni. I always use it, despite being A FUCKING (cis) WHITE MALE.

Oh no, profit from Degeneracy all you like.

If you still feel bad, just buy like 5 MAGA Hats from Walmart or something, although I hate Walmart too. Maybe just shop at Meijer.

Well, this is Target we're talking about. I've never met anyone really committed to having Target as their primary store, so most customers would probably take any excuse to stop going there. I only bought shit there if I needed it at the last minute because it was the closest thing and Walmart was a 20 minute drive.

The firm I work for only exists because they got the Walmart contract in the 70s. Walmart just started to allow us to work on Target for some reason. I have made designs for both but I refuse to shop at either.

>tfw I occasionally make the duct design in a subtle swastika pattern for keks

Don't worry this is fine. I just discovered I am trans and need to replace my $20 million wardrobe

I just thought of something, don't Gender Inclusive Toilets discriminate against Agendered people?

Can we use that to make them change them again?

What about the fact that Gender Inclusive Toilets don't have Urinals; what if I'm a proud Trans woman who's unashamed of her Penis?

They've lost a lot of the shart market to Walmart. They need to catch up somehow.

This is the logic, and it actually makes sense: Target lost customers because those customers didn't want to share the restrooms with perverts, right? So Target is now adding restrooms that can't be shared at all. Those safe restrooms will attract some of the lost customers back. (others are gone for good, upset by the principle of the thing.)

>occasionally make the duct design in a subtle swastika pattern
I may have seen your handy work. Roof or cieling?

If you're a trans woman who can't aim straight in a toilet bowl, you SHOULD be ashamed of your penis.

>Roof or cieling?
Both actually. Looking for places to make the swastikas is the only thing that keeps me interested in the design 2bh

Well, just remember: they have already received the cash for that gift card.
By holding it, they are net $100 worth of goods.
Unless they all out liquidate in the next 1 or 2 years, you won't be able to milk them for what they are worth.

I'd go to see if there's any hot Trannies to have sex with

Used to work for Target.
It's painfully obvious they're jumping on the progressive SJW dick as fast and hard as they can. The managers they hire are increasingly black/poo-in-loo/spic, especially if they're not straight.

They started up a program called flexible fulfillment, where a store ships products to customers. Find the product in the building, box it up, put it on the truck. Problem is most managers see it as optional and don't put any effort into keeping it going, so they fall behind and the district managers lose their shit. Their "nigger only" policy is also backfiring, as the nigs go full nog and fuck everything even further.

Did HVAC for a few years and always wondered about that.

>Americans so fat they have to shit while out shopping in a department store.

Wow, you fat fucks would be shitting yourself in public constantly here in Australia.

Well I get those cards for free.

Hell, I got $140 in iTunes exploiting some recent Coca-Cola contest. You upload four of shitty Sprite lyric cans and get a $5 iTunes card.

>private single-stall locking bathrooms
That will really provide a safe-space for the rapists!

I've noticed in a few stores they removed Food Avenue and extended Starbucks. They've also close the front return section, moving it to the checkout. Finally put in self-checkout in some stores as well.

As a straight white male I consider these single serving toilets for others the ultimate in luxury shitting. I will continue to shit in these spacious rooms as per my privilege.

Good, they can go the way of Macy's and fuck right off. Hopefully they learned a lesson that a small minority with a major presence on Twitter doesn't equate to business.

This is what you get for being a status-signaling fagcuck jew-enabling store.

It's like that Cis-sy episode of South Park

In the store where I worked, they had relegated the "hard line associates" do putting returns back and neatening things up on the shelves. Those guys used to replenish product, but now they make the backroom guys do that.

Backroom guys are not fucking social like the hard liners are. They know nothing about the sales floor. They do BACK ROOM SHIT. So not only do they have to pull the items from the inventory shelves in the back but now they have to put that shit on the shelf. Biggest problem is they're fucking timed on pulling the products, so it turns into a race against time. It's compounded by the fact that the managers (called "Team Leads") will try to pull them for trivial time-wasting shit.

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS AN ISSUE?

If the owner wants men to use the men's rooms and women to use the women's room.

WHAT'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM?

Are we supposed to indulge everyone's fucking delusions? Where's the fucking Trans-species room? Where's the pedophiles room? Oh wait the girls room

hahahaha

stupid cunts

want to bet it was a dieversity who came up with the most retrded idea of the century?

guess what, Target, most of those people aren't coming back, EVER!

reminds me of Mcd 365black idiocy

archive.is/yK0vn

what, really? why?

STANDING TO PEE IS NO LONGER A BOYS ONLY CLUB, YOU CISMISOGYNISTIC SHITLORD

#AURINALFOREVERYPENIS

Because Japanese were honourary aryans, of course.

wouldn't it be cheaper to just kill all the trans-type people?

Good thing im allowed, im not in that list.

Changing for the .1%, a smart business move if you ask me.

Go look at the People of Walmart website. The cruising transfags are a full step worse than that.

>Notice drop in shopper traffic
>Install genderfluid-whatever bathrooms
>Nothing changes

I don't know why less people are shopping at Target but I know why I rarely do, there isn't a Target near me within 100 miles. I doubt there's enough mentally ill trannies in this world to cause a significant hit for retailers to notice.

> some of which may have been caused by the retailer’s transgender-friendly bathroom policy.

That's a pretty big may have been

clickbait bullshit

So when they are having to constantly pay someone to clean a bathroom that is always out of service because it is in need of a cleaning. Why bother having it in the first place.