Degeneracy/Hedonism

I don't get what all the hubbub is about "degeneracy". Civilization isn't going too fall to shambles as a result of people enjoying their own lives with no regard to outside judgement. It seems like people arguing against it are just pissed because it offends their fragile sensibilities. If anything, those people should loosen up. If you think society is falling to shit then why not enjoy yourselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b4-Od8cq5Gk
youtube.com/watch?v=CFku9NgUIkI
youtube.com/watch?v=k8rsb7qILgE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._D._Unwin
ethikapolitika.org/2014/08/19/civilizations-sex/
youtube.com/watch?v=UxpVwBzFAkw
fathers.com/statistics-and-research/the-consequences-of-fatherlessness/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You are obviously under 25 and have never considered having children or thought of anything outside of your own bubble of self-interest

Because participating in the destruction of society is shortsighted and evil.

fpbp

also degeneracy is called as such because it degenerates society, much as smoking degenerates your lungs.

Hedonism and feminism lead to less stable families. Less stable families lead into divorces and single mothers. Single mothers are shit parents and lead to problem-filled youth, which in turn grow up to weaker, less worthwile adults. This keeps going on until the collapse.

the truth is desire eats you if you keep giving in to it

the difference between someone who has a beer after work and an alcoholic is a long series of concessions to yourself because you wanted more and you wanted to feel even better

difference between someone who eats kfc once a week and an obese motherfucker is because the obese person decided he wanted kfc 3 times a day instead

hedonist treadmill senpai, google it, it's completely real

and then read about the stoics and fix your self destructive mindset

Not me that I put the word degeneracy in quotes. It's not causing civilization to crumble, hence its not actually degenerate. It's just a shift in social mores. Let people enjoy life on their terms and enjoy yours on your own.

Watch and learn, burger, especially the third one in this context.:
youtube.com/watch?v=b4-Od8cq5Gk
youtube.com/watch?v=CFku9NgUIkI

>natives are breeding under the replacement rate
>the family unit is all but destroyed
>~half of marriages end in divorce in many countries
>men are dropping out of marriage, some SJWs are even starting to push for polygamy
>feminism is an ever present, weakening force in our societies
It's degenerate. All of it.

>It's not causing civilization to crumble

It is though. It's already happening. Marriages are way down. Stable families are way down. Population growth is way down.
We're on our way to being conquered by islam. Bye bye western civilization.

>over 25
>posting on Sup Forums

You shouldn't have children.

because Sup Forums is composed of frustrated virgins. people will lash out against something if you withhold it from them long enough.

in english you call this "sour grapes". its basically just Sup Forums incarnate. its painfully obvious to the minority of us here that aren't bitter virgins

>muh cunt
I don't even know whether you're baiting, stupid or a woman, but no man should value sex and hedonism over the survival and prosperity of your civilization.

All of this correlates to drastic rises in quality of life and life expectancy.

It's better to be alive now than at any other time on earth.

Can you seriously argue that things were better when divorce rates were low but millions of people were ravaged by typhus?

Degeneracy is the calling card of a shrimp dick virgin.

>bitter posting

The degeneracy isn't harmful in and of itself, it's what it leads to that destroys society. Degeneracy leads to the breakdown of the traditional family, the sexualization of children, the slutification and bitchening of the female population, etc.

You can have degeneracy, but it must be socially ostracized. Social ostracization is the glue that holds society together. When faggotry, single motherhood, and degeneracy become socially acceptable then you know your society/civilization is doomed. Islam will take over if we don't reverse the trend.

don't take the bait m8

>two posts by this id

op you sound like countless civilizations, all dead. pagans. learn some history, or keep licking dog balls.

>Can you seriously argue that things were better when divorce rates were low but millions of people were ravaged by typhus?

What? Nobody's arguing that life in the west today is bad. The argument is about the FUTURE. These ideas are toxic to the stability of society. If they're allowed to propagate, then the GOOD parts of western ideology will be lost along with the bad.

>All of this correlates to drastic rises in quality of life and life expectancy.

Yes. Western influence correlates with feminism/low birth rate as well as with quality of life and life expectancy.

>All of this correlates to drastic rises in quality of life and life expectancy.
Correlation =/= causation. Just because our technology has improved doesn't mean our values have.

>It's better to be alive now than at any other time on earth.
Until our system collapses in on itself and it's bad to be alive in our societies.

>Can you seriously argue that things were better when divorce rates were low but millions of people were ravaged by typhus?
Strawman and false equivalency. What I want is to have a good quality of life WITH conservative values, stable marriages and families and healthy, living societies.
Our degenerate values are not what have caused the increase in quality of life.

>Degeneracy is the calling card of a shrimp dick virgin.
Nice argument.

Might be bait, might be stupidity, but it's all the same.

Individuals make society. Traditional, nuclear families make the best individuals. Sexual degeneracy destroys families and leads to cancer like single motherhood.

Even if I agreed with anything you said, I've never seen any arguments for ostracization. It's always been efforts toward its eradication and that's a fool's errand. Vice is a constant of human nature. If you're such a stoic learn to the suffer the pains of your surroundings. Better yet, why not just come to terms with your nature and indulge?
Thanks. This was actually pretty entertaining to watch.

>Even if I agreed with anything you said, I've never seen any arguments for ostracization. It's always been efforts toward its eradication and that's a fool's errand. Vice is a constant of human nature. If you're such a stoic learn to the suffer the pains of your surroundings. Better yet, why not just come to terms with your nature and indulge?
Because we are not animals. Western society was not built by indulging in instant gratification and our base wants. Western society did not rule and create the modern world by men acting like niggers or bonobos and it will not survive if men and women "come to terms with their nature and indulge".

Also, something to read and watch.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._D._Unwin
ethikapolitika.org/2014/08/19/civilizations-sex/

youtube.com/watch?v=UxpVwBzFAkw

>But I'll take your virginity mom.
What...

>Civilization isn't going too fall to shambles as a result of people enjoying their own lives with no regard to outside judgement.
Not caring what other people think isn't degeneracy though.

Anyway all you have to do is look at modern examples of degeneracy like Nigger Culture, and then look at places like Detriot and other cities with high concentrations of Nigger Culture. Its self-destructive because it completely abandons social bonds. This is how you get "kids raised by the community" except nobody in the community gives a shit about them either, so many of them the grow up feral and repeat the cycle if they don't get themselves killed first.

There's no way to have a high quality of life with your conservative values because that's not how ideology works.

Changing technologies and relations of production create new social values (cf. all human history). Your values belong to an older social order, they're anachronistic. In short, you're a reactionary. There have always been reactionaries and they always want to revert back to the 'values' of an outdated mode of production. They always lose. The world, gradually, improves.

A standard heterosexual family unit is no longer necessary to produce law abiding citizens thanks to improving public education, accessible healthcare, and so on.

>There's no way to have a high quality of life with your conservative values because that's not how ideology works.

The story of Babylon has always existed.... And it always pops up just before an empire collapses.

You're talking out of your ass.

>There's no way to have a high quality of life with your conservative values because that's not how ideology works.
What? This makes absolutely no sense. Elaborate.

>Changing technologies and relations of production create new social values (cf. all human history). Your values belong to an older social order, they're anachronistic. In short, you're a reactionary. There have always been reactionaries and they always want to revert back to the 'values' of an outdated mode of production. They always lose. The world, gradually, improves.
>The right side of history argument
Oh boy. As someone linked, watch this. Weak, hedonistic and materialistic values grow weak people and societies. These societies inevitably fall, either ousting the people with a stronger people, or forcing the natives to adapt strength and fight and truly work for their survival.

>A standard heterosexual family unit is no longer necessary to produce law abiding citizens thanks to improving public education, accessible healthcare, and so on.
>Law abiding
You're setting the bar really fucking low here, mate. How about honest, strong, intelligent, wise. People with self-restraint, a futuristic vision with the will and power to work for a better world for our children, instead of instant gratification in the now, regardless of its effects in what's to come. Masculine men and feminine women?
None of these things are taught in school. If anything, schools with female teachers are a negative. Men are taught to act feminine and weak and that's it's alright and everyone is just fine the way they are. Nobody is taught to actually THINK, to introspect, to argue, to use logic and rationality as the greatest things that raise us above the rest of the animal kingdom.

>Changing technologies and relations of production create new social values (cf. all human history). Your values belong to an older social order, they're anachronistic. In short, you're a reactionary. There have always been reactionaries and they always want to revert back to the 'values' of an outdated mode of production. They always lose. The world, gradually, improves.
Also, holy shit this cultural marxism and critical theory. "Muh outdated, wrong values"

>citing a mythic event as evidence

Empires don't collapse for "moral" reasons, they collapse for economic reasons.

Cultural degeneracy is a meaningless whine. People have different sexual mores now because that's the way capitalism has developed. Heterosexual monogamy is no longer necessary to sustain a steady base of workers and consumers. Businesses can even make more money by marketing to peoples' specific desires.

Liberal social values are an effect of a globalized capitalist economy, senpai. If you want traditional values you'd need to revert to an older economic order. Good luck convincing people to join your feudalist commune.

I don't agree that civilization won't fall apart, but let's set that aside for a moment.

Do you think that society will make meaningful progression under degenerate, hedonistic values? The historical evidence supports that claim that these values lead to stagnation or social decline. Even if we accepted the idea that we could balance precipitously the ideals of freedom, degeneracy, and responsibility we would nonetheless withheld from advancing. In a sense, we would be creating our own glass ceiling or roadblocks by constraining ourselves to the selfish demands of social deadweight.

Let's cut free those with no intention of helping the team and ascend to greatness. Let's carry those who can't help themselves, but who genuinely want to give it their all in every way they can. Let's make it a race to the top, not a race to the bottom.

Get with it or get lost OP!

This post is why you shouldn't smoke weed.

The irony in it of course is that Conservative Values put a premium on Personal Liberty and Self Reliance, and a Nation State governed by a Small Government where everyone is held Equal Under The Law. Which are all actually quite revolutionary and new if you look at the arc of societies throughout human history.

Centralized Authority which dictates virtually every aspect of the individuals life is ancient. So too is the idea that Certain Classes of people deserve Special Privileges, or that they be judged by different standards than the rest of society. It is Liberal Ideology that constantly dresses this old tyranny up as something new and different.

>Empires don't collapse for "moral" reasons, they collapse for economic reasons.

implying they're not related.

I cite babylon to show you that your idea that this is some "new" thing is complete bullshit. It's not new technology that allows this. It's something that has happened all throughout history.

Whatever the cause of these behaviors (no, you don't know either), the system we have right now is unsustainable. Birthrates are down, stable families are down, marriages are down. If we stay the course as we are, we're going to be conquered.

It's just basic mathematics. There's nothing mysterious about it.

>Empires don't collapse for "moral" reasons, they collapse for economic reasons.
Watch and debunk, since you seem so certain in your knowledge.
>Heterosexual monogamy is no longer necessary to sustain a steady base of workers and consumers.
It never was, unless you're implying countries with polygamy are somehow magically sustaining and increasing their population and have in the past.
>Businesses can even make more money by marketing to peoples' specific desires.
Yet the real value of wages hasn't risen a bit in decades. All this seems to benefit is the select few financial elite. Hardly beneficial for society as a whole.

>Liberal social values are an effect of a globalized capitalist economy, senpai. If you want traditional values you'd need to revert to an older economic order. Good luck convincing people to join your feudalist commune.
How about currency with actual value?
Our current economical system is teetering on the edge and just waiting for a collapse. DB is preparing to fall and it would cause a massive crash in global economy, far worse than the Lehman one. Let's wait for the current one to crash and burn and look for something better.

You sound like such SJW cuccbois.

Face it, Sup Forums. Women—white women in particular—expire at 18.

By then they're shameless roasties and damaged goods with gaping pussies the diameter of a fist. Most American girls lose their virginity at the ripe age of 12 to virile drug dealers, the constant stream of violent sex, feminist theory, chick flics and media brainwashing corroding their vulnerable minds into irreparably degenerate vipers and slaves to impulse, incapable of properly rearing a child.

The ultimate redpill: To uncuck society the age of consent must be lowered. Why are Millennials having less sex? They need fresh, tight pussies. Despite their brainwashing, their mammalian minds instinctually understand that the pussy on the market right now is rancid and beyond the reproductive peak.

That pasta is stale, user. I don't want it.

It's undeniable that any white renaissance would feature sexual relations with the as-of-now considered off-limits nubile females. I don't agree with legally lowering the age of consent, but its common in revolutions for teenage girls ( say 16+ ) to become romantically entangled with older men. This typically occurs with a wink and nod off the record or with plausible deniability.

>posts a YouTube video
>muh proof

Either argue your own points or get lost, Sven. I'm not here to hold your hand. I post here on my commute from work.

>heterosexual reproduction organized around the nuclear family
>not necessary for the industrial stage of capitalist development

What are the economies of those 'polygamist' countries like, user?

Population exploded across Europe after industrialization in part because more laborers were necessary to sustain the massive production of that era.

Now that we're in an era of finance capital and manufacturing is carried out on the global periphery (cf. South East Asia), strict heterosexual coupling and rampant reproduction are superfluous, allowing for more pleasure-oriented relationships to flourish.

I'm not a fan of the current state of affairs, but the idea that our problem is moral and not economic is absurd. Even more absurd is the idea that returning to outdated social values it is impossible to return to in the first place will fix things.

Try getting a multinational like Apple or McDonald's to renounce gay marriage if you think otherwise.

I always repeat is and im gonna repeat it again.
if your ancestors would have been degenerate and dwelled in hedonism you wouldnt even be here in the first place. or if you would you wouldn't have a living standard like u do. It our duty to build up what our father/mothers did to improve our life and the life of our children.
Degeneracy/Hedonism goes against your nature and won't solve your problems in the long run. These behaviours are for people who search the easy way out of hardships. theyd rather blow their brains full of short dopamine rushes until they succumb and try to build something to better their lifes overall.

>Try getting a multinational like Apple or McDonald's to renounce gay marriage if you think otherwise.
25 years ago it would have been harder to get them to affirm gay marriage. Yet the """"impossible""" happened.... And it will happen again.

You have to recognize that there's a relationship between economy and morality. Certain social structures are unsustainable BECAUSE they lead to unsustainable economics and perverse incentives.

Trying to make it a dichotomy of morality OR economics is stupid. It's both.

Nana to Kaoru is a great manga.

Fetishes are degenerate

>Either argue your own points or get lost, Sven. I'm not here to hold your hand. I post here on my commute from work.
Bookmark it and watch it later. It holds too much information for me to type out right now. I'm heading to bed for an early morning tomorrow.
Also, Sven is Swedish, not Finnish. Try Pekka instead.

>Population exploded...
But mostly because the increased standard of living allowed more and more children to survive into adulthood. Don't put the cart before the horse.

>Now that.
Superfluous? Native populations are breeding below replacement rate, single mothers raise children poorly and with issues, many men are dropping out of marriage. Western society is currently heading towards its own demise solely based on its unsustainability, unless you consider the replacement of natives with foreigners a solution to this, which in turn is the death of OUR civilization.
Statistics with sources, too much to post fathers.com/statistics-and-research/the-consequences-of-fatherlessness/

>I'm not a fan of the current state of affairs, but the idea that our problem is moral and not economic is absurd
How is it absurd? They are both very much interlinked. Two sides of the same coin, if you wish. They're both aspects of our society and both economical and moral aspects are unsustainable and heading for doom.
>Even more absurd is the idea that returning to outdated social values it is impossible to return to in the first place will fix things.
Except that they are not outdated. If and once our system collapses, they will once again be taken into use as hard times require actual strength and backbone for societies to grow, prosper and flourish. Even our current society would be better off without the intrinsic to cultural marxism damnation of old values and seeking to replace them with something worse.
Are you a marxist, communist or socialist, by any chance?

>implying degenerates aren't the touchiest about their fragile sensibilities, and don't socially coerce the acceptance of their dopamine-centered, shitty culture

You should probably kill yourself

What do you think about polygamy? Let's say it increased native western birthrates would it be wrong then?

ww3 coming

widespread degeneracy always accompanies collapse

>What do you think about polygamy?
Degenerate. It results in a lot of frustrated males.

>What do you think about polygamy?

Polygamy doesn't strike me as explicitly degenerate. It's possible to cultivate a strong family structure if you have sufficient income as a patriarch... but it can't be generalized to the whole society.... hence if you promote it alot, you're probably going to have some problems that you'd have to work out.

It doesn't strike me as unsustainable per se....but from what I know about humanity, it's not going to work.