Are storytimes on the wrong side of history?

What the fuck is the point of storytimes?
When I first stsrted coming here i'd say a post about a comic I liked with 200 or do replies, and get excited that there was discussion going on.
But then I realized it's just somene posting a comic here.
Computer screens are a really awful way to read comics.
I can understand one issue new comic storytimes when it's discussed after, but all these long ass storytimes are 95% one guy dumping images.

TL;DR
Storytimes don't seem to foster community other than that JSA guy.

kill self

Lurk moar

Yeah what we really need is more threads discussing terrible live-action movies.

because it's the only thing to kinda have comic discussion

Those X-user storytimes were fostering a community but the user abruptly had to leave.

It fosters new readers and generates discussion (+ a quick and easy way to read a comic without paying the outrageous price of a single issue nowadays), they're literally the best part of the board.

>What the fuck is the point of storytimes?

Ideally to have actual discussion over the comics, in addition to people actually reading them. It's better than constant threads over the latest movie adaptation, I think.

Most storytimes are just OP posting pages, a few bumps and thanks from other anons and that's it, especially if it isn't well-known.

Plus this shit is pretty easy to find on the internet. Not OP and I like storytimes (I've storytimed quite a few times) but that's a pretty lame defense.

>Computer screens are a really awful way to read comics
But this is wrong

This.

Storytimes are the only reason I come here. Everything else is just fucking contrarian fuckboys from Sup Forums talking about how they're super cool because they hate everything and everybody who likes anything is a faggot.

Storytimes are literally the only place on this board where you'll find someone endorsing and sharing something they like. Seriously go find me one other thread on this board where someone is talking about something they like and not circlejerking about how shit everything is and how they're so smart for noticing it.

comics=vertical
computer screens=horizontal

Tomorrow

I made a final crisis thread yesterday that some good discussion.

maybe the storytimer just wants people to read a particular comic without having a real need to talk about it afterwards.

not sure why you're so focused on needing them to 'foster a community'.

1. Sup Forums literally has a function for fitting images within your screen.
2. When you're reading comics on your own computer you make it a 2-page read that fits neatly within the screen.

No.

Because unlike a million bait and 'wah I'm oppressed' threads they actually are about comics, create new fans and celebrate their history. They're one of the few remaining good things about the board before Outrage culture and it's retarded children took a big shit on everything.

If you're really X-user, just out of curiosity I have question.

Since there's an user storytiming Exiles as we speak are you just going to link to the archive when that series comes up?

It doesn't need a fucking defence, user, stop being so invested in the wellbeing of internet communities.

well, i use to storytime the spiderbooks, moon knight, strange and sometimes ironman and some other shit girls

and i did them for the anons that also wanted to read the book and to share a moment with you guys, since sometimes we had good times on the storytimes

it also helps when you want to spend your money on a new comic and dont know if its shit or not

No, I'll do it myself when the time comes because by the time we reach Exiles a long-ass time will have passed and the images in desu might have expired. Also it kinda crossovers into New Excalibur and shit so

Right now in the Sup Forums catalogue, there's four threads bitching about Homecoming MJ, one bitching about White Lady Ancient One, and one thread talking about an earlier attempt at a Batman vs Superman movie.

That was before I decided to stop keeping track. How is actually posting comics NOT better than talking about fucking live action crap?

Fuck you I read on mobile