Did your forefathers participate in the second world war? If they fought for the axis...

Did your forefathers participate in the second world war? If they fought for the axis, were they cuckey or unapologetic regarding muh (((war crimez)))?

my grandparents were still kids and unironically dindu nothing, can we just move on already

>can we just move on already
"no"

One grandpa spent most of the time in an "education" centre for misbehaving in society. And then he went to an academy and later became dentist. The other one was italian and I couldn't care less what he did.

>his country participated in any world war

My grandpa's uncle was a partisan and got executed with his brother when he was caught

Honestly expected an American flag

It's the autistic Sup Forumseaf

yes, was one of the various guys under patton

great grandad was pulled in as a borderguard and he deserted twice, fuck fighting for german interests

>If they fought for the axis, were they cuckey or unapologetic regarding muh (((war crimez)))?

They were dead.

>If they fought for the axis, were they cuckey or unapologetic regarding muh (((war crimez)))?

I bet you whine about Dresden and the Soviet mass rape of Germany.

My great grandfather was Rommel

My grandpa was in a Submarine during WW2
He used to tell me the story on the German Kreigsmarine ship he shot.
But he didn't like to talk about the war a lot. He lost his 4 brothers in it.

Gramps was a pilot for the Luftwaffe who got shot down over France but survived after the 'Murricans stitched him together on a hospital ship. He lost his right lung, though. Never talked about the war with me. I know everything about him from my father. We have some photos of him standing next to his plane in uniform, though.

my grandfather fought in WWI, he was born in 1896. His brother died in battle.
He died in the 60s so I only knows some facts that were reported by my father, plus I have some photos, certificates and medals.

>sacrébleu, where is me mama!

>be vietnamese in french indochina
>forced to learn french, have to apply for french citizenship to work in the government
>suddenly war breaks out in europe
>"sacre bleu, proud citizens of france you must go fight for your homeland"
>get conscripted, shipped to europe, btfo by the Germans
>get sent to north africa a few years later, chase the germans out
>"liberate" france and italy
>two years later re-invade indochina because france needs to uncuck its reputation
>"sick of this shit" so join the other side and btfo your former comrades at dien bien phu

yep

gtfo commie zip

lmao both of us say sacre bleu

My grand grandfathers fought in the war. Irishmen and Welshmen who fought on the western front as officers, with the exception of one who was a sailor that instead was part of the Arctic convoys that supplied Russia.

shut the fuck up viet minh were heroes.

its unprecedented that a literal rag-tag band of fucking jungle bandits learned cryptography, artillery, logistics and managed to btfo a battle-hardened ex-wehrmacht french foreign legion in less than 5 years.

great*, fuck my shit up senpai.

>Did your forefathers participate in the second world war?
only one

No, they just watched as their country got obliterated. Some helped in the defence.

One granpa fought commies as a wee lad. During his few months of service he went trough some tough shit, though he almost never talked about it. I've read that most of his squad was wiped during one beaching.

>its unprecedented that a literal rag-tag band of fucking jungle bandits learned cryptography, artillery, logistics and managed to btfo a battle-hardened ex-wehrmacht french foreign legion in less than 5 years.
Can't stand it when commieboos act like a bunch of rice farmers with rakes single handedly took down the US with sold snake guerilla warfare.
You had Chinese and Soviet support out the ass.

Great grandfather served in the war office, one Great Uncle was USAF Bombardier, another Great Uncle was KIA on the western front, another Great Grandfather was a Medic in the black forest.
Another Great Uncle was in the RAF. Another Great Uncle for whom my father is named was a doctor in the RCAF burn ward.
WWI was worse though.

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for WWI: my grandfather and grandmother met because he was a soldier retreating after Caporetto and she was a nurse

Straight outta Hemingway's novel.
Romantic.

That's cool that that was the moment for your grandparents.

I don't have any distinct photos from the Italian front in either War, so here's a Harrison Ford looking Jerry.

Yeah :)
Their dynasty is dying with me though ;_;

One grandfather was on the Eastern Front from start to finish, he saw some serious shit. He was pretty anti Nazi because he worked for a company selling agrarian machines to Eastern Europe and their best customers were Jews. Also his brother in law was pretty big in the local NSDAP chapter and my grandfather always had to bail him out financially cause the guy refused to pay his debts because he said "We saved the country I don't need to pay". My grandfather actually emigrated to Denmark before the war started but was conscripted for Barbarossa. He wasn't sorry about anything though, he always said he knew it would come down to a fight between the Nazis and the Communists and he didn't want to be a Communist.

My other granfather was was in the Navy but he was recruted late and didn't see any action. Shortly before the end of the war they were sent to Berlin but the war was over when they had reached the outskirts.

Generally all of my relatives who lived at the time have a pretty positive opinion about Hitler though, it always boils down to "We shouldn't have lost the war".

>viet minh
>literally only had french arties but used ww2 weapons

what mate. shut the fuck up you know no history. commie chink weapons were an alliance of convenience and literally handed down knockoff shit weapons that malfunctioned. russianbros came in later and all their equipment was used to defend the north lol.

viet minh/viet cong initiated 90% of all contacts imo, and only stuck to ambushing small squads.

My father's side were patriotic pacifists. Mother's side went full nationalist, were the most eager to go to war against commie-scum and one of them joines the SS.

hello cousin

My paternal great grandfather was an Irish farmer, neutral during the war. My maternal great grandfather was English, he worked in a factory I think. Apparently a brother or two of his might've served, but I've never bothered to look into it.

My grandfather on my moms side was a bombardier that dropped chaff (anti radar stuff) for the RCAF but he missed most of the war. I don't think he got to England until the end of 1944 or the beginning of 1945.

On my dads side my grandfather was drafted by the Italians as an artilleryman. He only ever talked to me about the war once. His family were farmers and wanted nothing to do with the fascists or the communists.

How do they feel about being flooded by Africans now?

Senpai was in the red army but I don't think they were necessarily antifascist but more just defending their country from the enemy at that time

based

I think I had a great grandfather in ww1 but he apparently never talked about it.
My Dad’s father was in the Great Depression, saw his father get torn in half by a horse and died in his arms. He joined at 16 as landing boat driver in the navy.
My mother’s father was in the Coast Guard and rode a horse on beaches in Florida looking for subs. He also tested shark repellent. Both went to work several different jobs after the war. Mostly ranching

American on vacation btw.

I'm
One grandfather was a child and my other one was Iranian
I know that one of my great-grandfathers fought on the Eastern Front and another one was in the police force, but they all died before I was born so I never got to meet them or find out how they thought about it

>I'm
That should say 'I'm German'

Yes, one of my forefathers was kamikaze pilot.

One of my grandfathers helped out resistence group. Drive shit for them in his truck.
Grandma brought food to a near by camp.
Great grandfather was in NS and served jailtime for it after the war.

Absolutely honrorary

He never picked up a weapon but my grandfather collaborated quite extensively with the Germans.
He went to jail for it but nothing too serious. He lost a buttload of brothers at the eastern front though