What are good examples of side characters becoming great or important

What are good examples of side characters becoming great or important.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RVsmJTBT8bU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Butters

It's not Sup Forums but Marco Polo got totally sidelined in his own show. It's all about the Khan

Dr Eggman is the main focus of most episodes of sonic boom

A better example would probably be Dave the intern

At one point in time, every protagonist was just a side character in their universe.

Dude.......that's fucking.......deep.

Not Jesus.

Juilus' going from a gag in a short portion of the story to the main antagonist in the political arc was so great
Man the first 220 issues of cerebus really are incredible

He was so far in his dad's shadow, no one even mentioned God had a son in the original series.

youtube.com/watch?v=RVsmJTBT8bU

Also
>Goldar and Rito
>2 Oni's from Wildforce

Randy from South Park

South Park is one of the most consistent with this because so many of the students' designs showed up at the school long before they had any kind of real role.

Boy howdy did flash have an arc.

Planetsheen

Is it worth the read? I read the Wikipedia summaries and can't decide if I wanna take the plunge

He was just a recurring character at best first and even then he was just "oh that unborn baby"

I wouldn't say they accomplished much, even in samurai they were a joke. The most they do is have a moment or two occasionally.

>Tips winged helmet

>I read the wikipedia summaries
Holy shit read the fucking comic you absolute casual piece of shit
Damn I'm mad

Agree, I love how the second season pushed him aside and allowed us to see more of the Khan's court... which frankly I wanted to see more of anyway

Isn't every "side" character and villain kind of all important to Venture Bros?
I already know Doc is the real protagonist.

No, no one could have guessed that 21 would be as important as he is. He's like the Monarchs only friend.

really makes you think

South Park sure has a lot of these, huh?

Speaking of Venture Bros

Just you wait. When S7 premieres odds are Kano's going to be one of the most important characters in the series canon

Will he be in the new game?

What if he trains 21?

Popeye and Snuffy Smith took over the the comics they were side characters in.

That would be pretty sweet, but I was thinking more along the lines of finally revealing that he killed Jonas Venture, or Blue Morpho, or both.

OP man is a great example of side characters having a huge role in the story.

Could'a, would'a,

Really really should'a.

Whatever happened to Irwin in the end? Did he embrace his heritage and conquer the underworld or something?

he embraced his vampire mumminess and fucked up a bunny who was the architect of all his pain.

it's an ensemble cast, him and Monarch could be argued to be equal protagonists at this point in time.

This entire movie is about the "side kick" that thinks he's actually the main hero.

Wasn't there a comic series of this not to long ago?

Yup, but Jack has that Ash Williams-like "seen it all" personality in the comic.
Escape from NY comics are great and there is a upcoming crossover.

Hmmmm. South Park or Dresden Files?