Really makes you think

really makes you think...

breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/17/internet-two-months-left-obama-gives-control-dictators/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name_registry
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck that can this just be a Redpilled Hugh thread? I need to expand my folder.

Sure why not?

seems sensible, the internet is an international thing, should be seen by an international body.

not sure what the issue is here?

And that's all I got.

This is currently my favorite meme. By far.

>Thinking that having control over your communications to a far off entity is a good thing
SHIGGY

*handing not having

but I control MY communications on the internet just fine. I hope you have control over what you send on the internet to.

I think what you mean is you don't control the transit of said communication. Do you control the transmission of a parcel from amazon? no, you still buy it. Or how about a grocery store. Do you have any control over a grocery store?

I don't have control, but at least the ability to shut down sites on the internet is handled within the country and this country has (at least nominally) governmental freedom of speech. The globalists will not care, they are quite okay with shutting down sites.

And thats all i got

this one is my favorite

Then I shall simply go else where, or create My own.

I really don't think you read your own article, or know anything about the internet. Or what a naming organization is....

They are "giving" away the organization that regulates domain names, not the internet its self. No one entity "controls" the internet. You can control your intranet, but not the internet as a whole.

>regulates domain names
That implies they have the power to shut down certain domains you dipshit.

>Google it
Hory shet.

Has the US ever entered a war for a legitimate, non false flag reason?

So when Trump says he won't make any deals not in America's best interests?

All wars are bankers wars huebro, there would be no wars if it was up to us.

Domain names don't shut down servers. Domain names are entries that are stored on various lists that connect to an IP address. One does not "shut down" a website by scrubbing an entry from a list. One shuts down a server by physically shutting down the server, or an ISP resends service.

as for ICANN, thats only one of several domain name registrars. It just happens to be the one thats closely aligned with the US Government because they got their initial funding from teh US Government.

Internation body then decides you're no longer allowed "hate speech". Sup Forums is kill

>Earlier this year, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI) introduced the Protecting Internet Freedom Act to prevent the transfer without Congressional approval.

>tfw the good guy lost

Good job Sup Forums.

Sure, I might not be able to shut down the server, but who's going to be able to remember 92.124.12.29 when going to their favorite site? That's why this is dangerous, normies won't be able to come here once the domains are scrubbed, that means no more redpilling.

I don't think you understand how the internet works. Let alone that there are about 10,000 (at least) domain name lists. Registrars maintain their lists, and no one elses.

and Sup Forums is already kill because of how often various government and non government bodies raid it

>implying "normies" come here

Once they make it here they're already on the path, I'm just saying that redditards do come here and get redpilled.

I've been on Sup Forums for years and I'm still a leftyfag and still don't believe in jewish conspiracies. Nor am I a racist or bigot.

as for "redpilled" I've seen way to many definitions of this word. I think you mean indoctrinated.

That being said, your useful when wikileaks releases something, or finding news sources that aren't propaganda.

>been on Sup Forums for years
>hasn't swallowed any redpills
I don't believe you, you do not spend much time here discussing things with people.

Enjoy your 4chins while you still got 'em, m8s.

>your useful

yep, definitely a leftist

actually I do.

>believed government was spying before it was cool
>believed in (slight) conspiracy to dis-arm America (although you faggots don't seem to understand our constitution at all) before it was cool
>Knew who owned the media before it was cool
>Disliked National Affordable Health Care before it was cool

What can I say, a sick workforce is a useless work force.

>knows who owns the media
>doesn't recognize the Jewish threat
>gets 666 trips representing the Jewish trapping in the material world
Checks out, PRAISE KEK

Please stop posting really makes you think. It is not funny and it is easy to say something more valuable unless you are a total retard, which is what OP is.

Does it make you uncomfortable? Would #StayWoke be any better, they both get across the same idea.

HEAR ME FOR MY NAME IS NERO CEASAR

ICANN is already independant. The US government does not control it, the US government does not have any control over ICANN policy.

US domain names are controlled by the US, not ICANN. That's why this is important.

>US domain names are controlled by the US, not ICANN.

What does this even mean? Forgetting for a moment there's no such thing as a "US domain name", "US domain names" most certainly fall under the purview of ICANN policy.

I'd like to see some of those aerial photographs please.

Somewhere between 8 and 9. Think I'm gonna have to move to the US soon, unless it turns out America is with her.

>I'm still a leftyfag
>I think you mean indoctrinated.

What's the significance of 1884, user?

Not currently friendo, other countries might shut down domains willy nilly but not us. That's about to change.

Look within, seek Christ, and you will reach the end of the redpill. Pic related.

1984. World Peace is the outward appearance, 1984 is the inner reality. This is about our world.

I read a lot.

>a lot
>more than I want to really

>drinking the liquid jew

>Not currently friendo, other countries might shut down domains willy nilly but not us.

You're not qualifying your statements at all and they make little to no sense.

There's no top level domain for the US which is the only place other countries can shut them down without a legal reason, unless of course they're legally seized, which can happen in the US.

>I read a lot.
You dip your toes into fantastical realms.

Do your own research, read the thread. The US had control over its domain names, this is about to change. The control over domain names and thus the ability for individuals to find websites will be compromised. Take five minutes to look this stuff up man.

>Take five minutes to look this stuff up man.

It's becoming clearer and clearer that's about the extent of your knowledge.

Wtf i love ted cruz now

Why should I be worried?

Perhaps it should read;
>do ur own research man I can't tell you why ur wrong u just are

as I said, I read a lot

US hosted servers get US domain names. Other countries can't shut down these domain names, but they can block them. Soon the US will have its domain names blocked by an overseeing committee. It doesn't matter if they don't seize the servers, if normalfags can't find the sites the redpilling ends and Sup Forums dies. Do not understand why this is a threat?

Shill. You've been on here for two months, you liar.

>US hosted servers get US domain names

Like I've said multiple times, there's no such thing as a US domain name. Qualify your statement, what is a US domain name?

A domain name that is managed and assigned within the US by the US.

>El rato was against this
Ain't that just quacking crazy?

>A domain name that is managed and assigned within the US by the US.
>within the US by the US
>by the US

There's no such entity as the ambiguous "US" you're referring to which manages domain names mate, it's ICANN.

ICANN will soon manage US domain names. They do not currently. The US does manage domain names.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name_registry

>ICANN will soon manage US domain names. They do not currently. The US does manage domain names.

You're still not qualifying what you mean the "the US", do you mean the US government? US companies? What do you mean?

I know what a domain name registry is.

ICANN has been around since 1998, and is based in California. It is a no-for-profit corporation that has been managing the foundations of the internet since 1998. Government involvement in ICANN has been minimal for most of its existence. Any assets the US controlled have been contracted out to ICANN since 1998. You will not see any difference in how the internet works. DCF will still be DCF. The good thing about the internet is it is decentralized. While ICANN manages the foundations it is really companies like Comcast and AT&T that actually make the internet work.

I know what ICANN is, apparently OP is a bit confused though.

That's for the better desu
Only those who seek shall find