How would you rank Zack Snyder's Sup Forums movies?

How would you rank Zack Snyder's Sup Forums movies?

- 300 (director/writer)
- Watchmen (director)
- Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (director)
- Man of Steel (director)
- 300: Rise of an Empire (writer)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (director)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x8RKCmkOyB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're all varying degrees of shit.

This

nope

mobile poster

BvS
Watchmen
MoS
Dawn of The Dead

haven't seen
owls
sucker punch

300 2 doesn't count. It was based on a Miller book.
Any """writing"""" he did is irrelevant.

Watchmen
Dawn of the Dead
Man of Steel
Legend of the Guardians
Batman v Supeman
300: Rise of an Empire
Sucker Punch

>-300
Good for a fap if you fast forward through most of it.

>-Watchman
Not good for a fap, some minorly interesting visuals, dull story irrespective of how true it is to the GN
>
>- Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (director)
Never watched. Would bet money it's shitte.

>- Man of Steel (director)
Watched it. Would win multo dinero betting money it was shitte

>- 300: Rise of an Empire (writer)
Watched free Imax screening with two friends. We all left early. Not even bad rape scene on boats tossing in water was enough to keep us in our seats

>- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (director)
Buying new house with all the dinero I am winning betting that this is shitte

6 = Exceptionally incredible
5 = Amazing / Superb
4 = Great
3 = Good
2 = Ok/Meh
1 = Bad
0 = Horrible

300 = 3
Watchmen = 4
Mos = low 5
Bvs (theatrical) = high 3
Bvs (UC) = 4

Never seen his Owl stuff, but I honestly think each one is worse than the last.

I've only seen Watchmen, Man of Steel, and BvS.
Watchmen: 9/10
Man of Steel: 8.5/10
BvS: 10/10

I wasn't interested in the other movies so I'm probably not going to watch them.

300 is alright because it isn't pretentious and is the right level of stupid to be engaging.

Watchmen adapts several pages panel for panel and still misses the point of many. It is acceptable but less than it should be.

It's bad.

It's worse.

It doesn't count.

It's the worst superhero film I have ever seen. In addition to being a bad movie with poor direction, dialogue, action, CGI, casting choices and acting- it is also an awful adaptation of 2 of the most iconic fictional characters of all time.

>b-but muh new interpretation

2 characters that have been consistently popular for 75 years shouldn't be reinterpreted by a man whose original work consists of Sucker Punch. Additionally when Waid and Morrison both say that your Superman sucks, you have fucked up.

>300

Entertaining exactly once. Saw it in theaters and had a good time, but I have zero interest in ever going back to it.

>Watchmen

Bad as an adaptation(it's the start of Snyder's directorial tics actively subverting his thematic intent) but incredibly entertaining has a kind of pop-art cinematic experience, basically a swirl of colors and style wrapped up in a bunch of mostly entertaining gonzo performances. It's a neat thing, and I like it a lot despite its failings as an actual Watchmen movie.

>Legend of the Guardians

lol didn't see

>Man of Steel

The script is deeply flawed and is clearly the product of three distinct, different ideas of what the movie should have been being glued together without any logic behind it, but the direction and performances can sometimes hit the genuine grace notes that Snyder is going for. A movie I like in spite of itself.

>300 Rise of an Empire

lol didn't see

>Batman v Superman

The Battlefield Earth of the 2010's, a disaster on every conceivable level and basically the culmination of every bad idea Snyder has ever had boiled down into one film. Staggering thematic ineptitude that replaces genuine thought with self-conflicting references to better works of art, gorgeous cinematography swallowed up by a parade of impossibly ugly close-up and medium-shots that drain the imagery of any weight, performances that run the gamut from sub-Schumacher camp to infantile glowering to barely fucking awake, action with zero weight behind any of the punches, pretty much every aspect of this movie fails.

It's not Snyder's worst only because Sucker Punch exists.

Masterpiece-Tier: Watchmen, Man of Steel
Good-Tier: 300, BvS, Legend of the Guardians
Shit-Tier: Rise of an Empire

Really enjoyed 300, though obviously not because of its artistic merits or anything.

Watchmen bored me, didn't like Man of Steel. Though BvS was better than MoS but not by much.

Haven't seen GaHoole or 302.

You guys really need to see Legend of the Guardians. It's a beautiful film. The visuals alone make it worth the watch.

What is it about? Since Snyder directed it I assume it's too quality. I might give it a shot.

BvS UE > MoS > Watchmen > 300 > The rest.

youtube.com/watch?v=x8RKCmkOyB4

>Good for a fap if you fast forward through most of it.
So you can watch the fights on regular speed.

owl babies kidnapped by evil owls
one becomes evil, one escapes and find good guy owls,
the good owls / bad owls fight. The good owls wins the end.

THIS THREAD IS STRAIGHT UP Sup Forums

FUCK OFF

Kenneth Branagh directed that shitty first Thor movie, since that apparently means he's allowed on Sup Forums how would you rank his filmography? Particularly his Shakespeare work.

>Henry V
>Dead Again
>Peter's Friends
>Much Ado About Nothing
>Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
>In the Bleak Midwinter
>Hamlet
>Love's Labour's Lost
>The Magic Flute
>As You Like It
>Sleuth
>Thor
>Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
>Cinderella

300 was dopey fun.

Man of Steel was a po-faced bore.

Haven't seen the others.

>discussing directors movies
thats Sup Forums famo get outta here

Legend of the Guardians was fucking terrible compared to the books

>Watchmen
>BvS
>MoS
>300: RoaE
>300
>Legends of the Guardians

Watchmen
Man of Steel
300: Rise of an Empire
A DVD copy of his last colonoscopy
Literal shit filmed for 4 hours with a smell track
BvS

Never saw Legend of the Guardians, but I assume it was his best work based on that fact.

We're only discussing his films based on Sup Forums materials, so at most that list could be

>Thor
>Cinderella

and Cinderella is a stretch

hot garbage, all of it.

But some garbage is hotter than others, at least until the heap reaches thermal equilibrium after a while.

waid's shit and morrision said it was ok

>morrision said it was ok
Morrison said he liked it in Supergods.

kill yourself btw

>kill yourself btw
Care to elaborate?

btw means by the way

I liked his 300 movies.
Watchmen was hit and miss with its tone, but overall not so bad.
The others are 'meh' tier.

>this generation of moviegoers
When did the audience go full pleb?

around 1999

Completely agree
The visuals rival any Terrence Malick film

first post best post

reminder that "fpbp" is a 2015 redditor meme

How do you know so much about redditor memes?

>300
Entertaining, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

>Watchman
The parts he basically did a panel-for-panel reshoot of the comic was fine. Anything he added that wasn't in the comic was awful.

>Owl movie
Havent seen it

>Man of Steel
Not the worst superhero movie I've seen in the last 20 years. About the best thing I can say about it.

>300 Rise
Never seen it

>Batman v Superman
Worst of Snyder's movies I've seen. I severely regret spending money to watch it instead of spending that money on...idk, lunch for the day or something.

only what I absorb through Sup Forums osmosis my dear friend

How do you if they're from reddit if you absorb it through Sup Forums osmosis, wise wizard?

Sup Forums isn't very accurate.

I liked 300. Watchmen was okay. Man of Steel had some great bits that were brought down by too many bad bits. Haven't seen any of those others.

reddit is the new word for newfag
keep up

The only accurate ratings

Branaghs Shakespeare work is all amazing, especially Hamlet. I just fucking love his take and its just a shame they really didn't let Branagh go full Shakespeare mode for Thor.

Always find it funny how Snyder gets more flack than far worse directors out there who don't even have good visual style, or action scenes to fall back on when the story sucks. ( like Micheal Bay for example)

Is i because Snyder at least tries to give his movies more substance and maybe fails at it so people look at it as being too "pretentious" so he gets shit on while Bay gets a pass?

People don't actually hate him, they hate his fans who won't shut up about him and how smart they are for getting him.

Are you retarded? No one gives bay a pass, they just don't give a fuck anymore.

>People don't actually hate him
can't go five minutes without some failed abortion using "Snyder" synonymous with "shit".

But that's bullshit and you know it. I have seen plenty on here defending Bayformers. He doesn't get half the shit as Snyder does.

It's quicker than typing "these memers who pretend that Snyder is a genius".

It's easy to push a meme.

I'd rank them all as zeroes.

>__________ was fucking terrible compared to the books
You just described Snyder's entire career

patrician