Tell me Sup Forums how did Carol Danvers ended up to be such a sailormoon-powerpuff girl today?

Tell me Sup Forums how did Carol Danvers ended up to be such a sailormoon-powerpuff girl today?

>Marvel realized they have no lead female hero that can stand with being the most powerful avenger
>pick Carol Danvers because she's been on the avengers for ages due to Bendis
>nobody really likes her lack of character and her convoluted and dense history

And that's how Carol Danvers became the most pushed female superhero in Marvel today. If it wasn't for her, who else could it be? Spider woman?

It's not just her history that's convoluted, it's like she has bi polar. Heck, even dissociative personality disorder.

People are allowed to change based on their own personal decisions

DC has Wonder woman.

Who is Marvel's Wonder woman?

There really isn't any character that fits that role.

WW is a Powerpuff girl?

Gotta get the women money somehow...

They're trying to put Carol on WW's morality spectrum. Marvel needs a Diana Prince. Gotta make Carol a Star Sapphire.

Which is sort of difficult for Carol. Fighter pilot, CIA spook, authoritarian, kinda murderer-y.

They can give her as many makeovers and mind-wipes as they like, but she keep reverting to type.

I think the mistake they made was trying to make a nothing character into an A-lister overnight. Ms. Marvel may have seniority in-universe, but to the fans she was a background character who existed to fill a space in team books. Trying to take that and tell the audience she's this phenom deserving of leadership is obviously not going to go over well. The outrage is not because a beloved character was changed (honestly people need to stop pretending anyone cared about Ms. Marvel as anything more than cheesecake before this all started) its because we were suddenly expected to accept some C-lister bossing A-listers around and stealing the spotlight.
They should have altered Carol to fit what they ultimately wanted her to be (perhaps sparing a bit more of her femininity), but had her spend a year or so "paying her dues", getting some good feats in and working her way up to the A-list. That way when she did assume a prominent role, it wouldn't feel so contrived.

But that's exactly what they did.

And it has nothing to do with Marvel having to put out a Captain Marvel title once every few years so that DC doesn't snatch it.

If you go far enough back in years, the answer is Jean Grey or Storm.

Today they just have a bunch of not-as-big names, but once upon a time those would be just as big.

Marvel doesn't need a Wonder Woman. Marvel doesn't even have Batman or Superman.

Spider-Man, Hulk, Cap, Wolverine etc. were never THE guy who stands as the icon for the whole shared universe and is the main hero of every event. It's much more fragmented.

They really need to iron Carol's personality. How many amnesias would it take to create new person out from a character with a history full of violence. She has a rage-rampage switch. Diana can do duels but would rather skip the murder part. Not that she has not killed before. Carol, on the other hand, Leroy Jenkins herself in a middle of a fight and have admitted to enjoying all the kills.

Nah they may have attempted it, but her sudden A-list status was obviously jarring to most of the audience (see: the 10000 Sup Forums and reddit threads, think pieces, etc.) so if there was an attempt, it failed.

Jean Grey and Storm. Fox owns them.

That issue is over. Marvel owns "Captain Marvel" forever now. That's why DC renamed Cap "Shazam"

Remember when Carol Danvers took a Skrull to space and watched it suffocate to death?

It'd literally posted everyday

How could you not?

Which reminds me I have a dead mermaid baby to post

Remember when she saw a Skrull shoot a LMD of her wife and punched its head clean off?

They should really just create a new character. They did it with X23 and made her a legacy character.

I guess it has something to do with the target audience of Kamala Khan's Ms. Marvel and having Kamala idolize Carol so much.

Because the supero hero genre isn't one where anyone grows in skill or even grows emotionally in any capacity. The only kind of growth allowed is in raw power, and whoever can hit like the biggest dumbest retard wins.

And this process has to keep moving in that direction till you logicaly get.. well.. that.

she isn't. read the fucking comics. she's a totalitarian fascist.

>tfw you realize secret wars was marvel's version of COIE done right and now civil war 2 with fascist carol is the marvel version of injustice
CAROL DID NOTHING WRONG

where is this from?

I'm guessing you've only read KSD's Carol.

And then Kamala's younger fans discovers Kamala's inspiration is a murdering fascist with a unstable moral compass.

Closest would be She-Hulk, if we're talking in sheer popularity.

There's also Jean Grey, in terms of overall power and abilities.

>even NeoFAG is getting tired of the Carol and Medusa push

Storm, Invisible Woman, and She Hulk are their strongest candidates.

Where's Marvel's JSA then?

They ain't got no PowerGirl nonono

Well they got world misplaced Miles. But now that you mention it they shoulda tried making Carol their PG. With a run just as fun as Palmiotti's.

I think it was her run that made Carol look like a member of spice girls.

You mean a clubhouse where a bunch of B listers and C listers hang out together while going out once in a while to beat up some bad guys?

The Avengers.

Well it says Society after all. But the Avengers are sadly no longer b and c-listers. Damn shame. They were more likeable during that time.

Jean but Marvel doesn't like Xmen no mo

Marvel doesnt own Xmen. Fox Studios does. They cant even say the Scarlet Witch is a mutant cause "mutant" is owned by Fox.

>Who is Marvel's Wonder woman?

why does Marvel need a wonder woman? Any attempt to imitate her will never be more than a shallow copy. Instead, Marvel should make their own lead female character, who should be notably different. And that's exactly what they're doing.

>They really need to iron Carol's personality. blah blah murder
No, they need to keep that. KSD's run did exactly what you're describing and it was bland as hell. Carol should keep her casual killing and her dark side, it makes her more interesting.

The She Hulk's sales don't reflect that. Soule's solo series tanked. A Force's sales have dropped by two thirds. She isn't helping Leth's Hellcat series all that much.

Teamwise, Jen peaked during her FF stint. She was ok filler for the Avengers. Everything else is forgettable.

Solo? John Byrne had the best solo title for Jen. Slott's work was serviceable. Soule's run was a nightmare. Marvel has no real idea what to do with her.

No, Col. Manvers is a Superman clone, not a Wonder Woman copy. Look how masculine she looks. Wonder Woman at least looks female.

Super strong flying brick with energy projection powers. Sadly, Superman is a boring fucking character & his copycats only more so.

If Marvel wants to burn resources & time for a Ghostbusters like return, that's on them.

Exactly why they need to clear out her personality. She's all over. If they can't decide on her story cannonssss, at least they reconsidered how KSD remade her.

>Storm, Invisible Woman,

Fox Owned.

>and She Hulk

Universal Owned? Does anyone know for sure?

>No, Col. Manvers is a Superman clone
She's "Marvel's Superman", but she's not a superman clone.

Yes, her powers are pretty similar, but so what? The important thing is character and personality. In that area she's much different.

not sure I understand you. Do you mean "her personality keeps changing"? If so, It only changed a couple of times, thanks to KSD, but that's a couple too many. She's recently gone back to her more angry, violent ways.

Carol threads

Thor

Alien based powers. Trades blow with the hulk. Flight. Mega Strength. Bland Boring personality that's as dynamic as cottage cheese*.

Dude, she hits enough check boxes to be considered a superman knockoff

* Unless of course Marvel needs publicity & then they hit the psycho cunt/Edgelady switch.

I'm having a hard time imagining Disney doubling their Movie money on a character that barely sell 20,000+ copies on her own.

Well Disney could let KSD's Carol ride the Disney train via Kamala Khan

It might have been an accident of messing with her too much, but I actually don't find Carol boring. I love-to-hate her. She is a mess of a person, a fascist as was noted above, and arrogant. Hell, she's a few bad choices away from being a super villain, but since she plays for the government, she gets away with it.

I could never root for her, but I can certain enjoy her fuckups.

I would kill to see my fave big nosed, brown giantess rampage across New Jersey. As long as she grows her hair out.

EMBIGGEN!

Ewing's New Avengers

This. Carol's no hero. She's there in line with Natalia and Elektra

she cut her hair?

Sute

Mutual hatred of skrulls is a solid foundation for a lasting relationship.

Kree Blood

>Kill Carol so Kamala can replace her for real or give her powers to a female character with military experience, someone like Maria Hill.
>Kill Spider-woman for being worthless and irrelevant.
>Give the Scarlet Witch a bigger role in the Avengers other than "muh mutant genocide" or "muh boring shit brother" or "muh children and gay robot husband".
>Give Wasp a bigger role in the Avengers other than "muh pym" or "muh Ultron".
>Black Widow, use her.

>be me
>enjoy carol
>great character thats incredibly sexy
>out of nowhere marvel ruins character
>rewrites character and destroys previous writers work
>tries to make her a feminism womyn power symbol and changes her classic costume to reflect her being a piece of shit now

why.jpg

You have low standards. The ONLY relevant thing Carol has ever done in her 39 years of Comics is getting her powers stolen by Rogue.