Tell me about Seattle

Tell me about Seattle.

Grunge
Microsoft
Starbucks

Not that great. However Mt Rainier (in the background is amazing.
If you want to see tent cities of homeless people and overpriced coffee and food than it will be great for u.

a poorer version of vancouver with much, much worse traffic; traffic which extends across the greater metro area of the state.

people also thinking lying and being passive aggressive is perfectly OK here to an extent which i've never seen anywhere else. of course, i've only lived in CO besides here. like people in british colombia aren't passive aggressive at all, compared to seattleites

seattle's also infested with homeless but not as bad as other cities like LA or portland.

people go pretty hard at metal shows and in clubs and shit, they party like anyone else does though

Is the nearby nature safe to trek alone? Will i get mauled by bears/mountain lions etc?

Can't imagine it to be pricier than Finland. And what's with the homeless?

The homeless call it "Freeattle".

It's safe, you can find a lot of trails and hiking paths in the area

Safe, watch out for bigfoot though, he lives in the PNW.

Hey look, a picture on 1 of the 3 total days of the year that it isn't cloudy, dreary and rainy.

>Can't imagine it to be pricier than Finland

Yeah thats where you're wrong. Not only is it comparably expensive, but you don't get any of the benefits like you do in the nordic countries in regards to healthcare or education.

beautiful mountain.

Seattle is a great place especially if you have free room and board like I did and live in a nicer area.

Seattle is richer than Vancouver

the skyscrapers have a height limit to accommodate the airport

Idk man I was just born there. Heard it's rainy and gay

oh yeah, part of the city was buried by disaster, and the modern city is built over it, there are tours of the old underground city.

there are lots of great antique shops in and around the dock area, there is also a neat market on the wharf

>_______ is a great place especially if you have free room and board like I did and live in a nicer area.

i hear it rains a lot

>what's with the homeless
seattle has crazy shit like public transport and soup kitchens so homeless will hitchhike there
also the hipster movement kinda started there and the next logical step after looking homeless is actual homelessness

Yeah it's completely safe. The park around the mountain is amazing.
The homeless issue is that they have no where to go and the mayor and city government absolutely refuse to deal with them. So they just set up giant tent cities on the side of highways and the side of the road. It's absolutely horrible

>i hear it rains a lot
it's really more like sprinkles all the time. when we get real rain like more than an inch a day for a couple days it floods like crazy around here. ive been places where they can get an inch an hour all day and be fine.

>$4.5b to dig a 2 mile tunnel
>2 year stoppage in construction
>$223m overrun
>every politician is bought by amazon, microsoft, boeing, starbucks
>people hate each other
>homeless tripping out on heroine while the city uses it as a front to launder money
>spend $75m every year on them but the only thing they have to show is 200 or so being housed
>california yuppies
>dude weed lmao
>shortage on housing but every single neighborhood refuses apartments that are more than 3 floors
>man children everywhere
>terrible traffic
>cringy sports fans
>geographically isolated
>property crime
>due for a 9.0 earthquake and severely unprepared

Great if you don't mind shitty weather and insufferable hipsters. People are unfriendly and more aloof here compared to the rest of the United States, so Europeans such as yourself might enjoy it more.

Same applies to Oregon

Visited twice. Nice city if you go to the old parts like Pikes Place or Pioneer Square everything else is corporate as fuck. If you like "quirky" local histories then Seattle is a goldmine. A lot like San Francisco in the fact that it used to be a hub for working class people and unique music scenes that got take over by soulless corporatism. Only Seattle is still in denial about it and has suit and tie dudes still posing like they are grungy/folksy lumberjacks. Despite this the music scene is still top notch. The people are somewhat colder than elsewhere but there were a few friendly faces and honestly the city got stuck with the "meanness" reputation undeservedly. As far as Cascadians go, Oregonians and especially Portlanders are a lot shittier people, but Seattle got the bad rep. Such is life. To Seattle's credit I did try an earl grey late there that was the best goddamned late I have ever had. Overall I liked it, would recommend for a visit.

Though my favorite memory of this city is when I visited one summer. They had apparently not gotten any rain for almost a week and were putting up all the stops telling old people to stay inside or die of heatstroke, public employees hand watering the street plants (because they would die with a couple day dry spell), and generally entering panic mode. Coming from SoCal it was deeply amusing to see these people reacting to a few days of warm weather as if it were the herald of the apocalypse. It was like our freeways when we get heavy rain. MFW.

So it's like LA except with rain?

yeah, seattle is the only place I've ever seen babbling weirdos roaming the street

I went there for the dota 2 international and 2 will never forget this

>stop by mcdonalds, filled with homeless and DUDE WEEDS
>weedfags get their food, just a few mcchickens
>they eat the sandwiches but leave 2 bites left
>they smile and go "dude, like, i asked for no mayo and there it is! I want a new sandwich!"
>black lady just says you nearly ate the whole thing we wont take it back
>"but dude i like said no mayo where is the manager"
>she just sighs like this happens all the time and gives the guy a replacement
>pot smoking fags laugh and walk out

Fuck seattle, fuck dude weeds and fuck the parents who raises those pissbags.

Very expensive to live here because of the rent prices but I enjoy it well enough. It does rain a lot but there's usually a few months in the summer at least where it's sunny most of the time. Like other people say there are a lot of mentally ill homeless but other than being kind of unnerving at times they're mostly harmless. People are really conflict avoidant, especially when you've just met (people will cancel last minute or just not show up instead of saying they don't actually want to hang out). I've met a lot of really cool people here too though, people are friendly once you get to know them. There's a lot of indie music shows to go to and lots of outdoors stuff to do.

I've been here about 6 years and overall I'd say it's a nice place to live despite some gripes, honestly like anywhere else it depends on the friends you make more than anything though.

no culture
just like the rest of Cascadia

>but you don't get any of the benefits like you do in the nordic countries in regards to healthcare or education
>he fell for the Nordic health care/education meme