One of Marvel's longest running female lead books

>One of Marvel's longest running female lead books
>Main book ran 100 issues and sequel run lasted 25
>Massive fandom for a female lead all things considered
>Stories that felt right out of the Lee/Ditko era
>Good continuation of the Clone Saga that lead to Peter finally accepting responsibility for himself and his family all while still occasionally showing up as Spider-Man.

>Absolutely no trades outside of the first 8 issues.

Seriously, when is Marvel going to reprint this?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:May_Parker_(Earth-982)/Appearances
superherospeak.com/wp/91-tom-defalco-and-ron-frenz/
youtube.com/watch?v=QH1RmNzcNnE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When 616 gets another Spider-Marriage.

Lol fuck you, have more Spider-Gwen.

It's probably because Marvel realized that the MC2 universe was actually hurting long term brand possibilities. MC2 was a way around the sliding time scale and allowed an ending to characters that would never happen in the main line books.

A LOT of fans basically used the MC2 universe as the end point for a lot of characters. Especially once the OMD nonsense happened.

I'd also love a full reprint of the entire line, but it's looking unlikely.

mai waifu

This.

You can go straight from the end of the Clone Saga to reading Spider-Girl and have a perfect jumping off/end point for Peter Parker.

Mass media conglomerates HATE having situations like that pop up in their publishing story worlds. The adventures have to gone on forever, as long as the money keeps coming in.

I liked her short hair.

>No reprints/trades

I know your pain bro.

Look on the bright side, the old Batman TAS comic is finally getting a full reprint/trade run after 25+ years.

If it gets one, then hope springs eternal.

>buy the Amazing and Spectacular trades
>find out the original series only got digests
>consider buying them
>they stopped some at issue 70-something
>Spider-Gwen will probably get an omnibus before Spider-Girl
>Mayday will probably be forgotten again once Web Warriors ends (although one could say that's a blessing after how she's been treated since her return)

It didn't sell great.
Mostly because "muh canon".

>Main book ran 100 issues and sequel run lasted 25

To ever-diminishing sales.

>Massive fandom for a female lead all things considered

All things considered, that last run did no better than the 616 Spider-Girl run that followed it. Which was also cancelled.

>Absolutely no trades outside of the first 8 issues.

Because they didn't sell enough of those first 8 issues.

>Seriously, when is Marvel going to reprint this?

When there's demand. There's insufficient demand.

If you really are desperate to see this shit again and physically own trades, bug Brevoort about print on demand. They won't do it (because POD really isn't good enough yet), but at least you'll be reminding him she has fans.

Because I'm pretty sure he doesn't see your monthly threads here, user.

Convince me this was a good series and not just underage waifu bait
Before someone seriously flips out on me and accuses me of pretending to retarded later, I'm telling you from the first post, I'm baiting for panels and examples from these issues.

So the Spider-Girl trades don't tell the complete story? Glad I didn't guy them yet, then, and I very nearly did. I'm sure there will be reprints one day.

nah I am going to flip out. This series had over a hundred issues published. Is it really because of fucking underage waifu material? That shit would only last 16 issues tops.

So Fuck you

I'm fucking retarded, explain me the whole Goblin God bullshit. What was that all about?

Does the original run of trades, that are stupidly priced now, tell the whole story? for Spider-Girl I might be willing to collect them, over a few years to spread out the cost, but only if I get every issue.

The regular ASG trades tell a nifty little "third" Clone Saga that does have a beginning, middle, and end, and hey, even Aunt May's ghost gets to kick ass in it

Peter was affected by the Goblin formula and started going loopy like Osborn, he somehow uploads Norman's consciousness into his body with the help of Fury the Goblin Queen and then they use Mayday's clone, which was a symbiote hybrid, to merge all the Spider-family together into the Goblin God, they target Mary Jane and Benjy, but Mayday, Aunt May's ghost and Peter all have a mind duel with Osborn and beat the tar out of him.

I think they got most of them. If you missed a few just torrent them or wait when Marvel releases them BUT I am positive original trades have all.

I wonder what their mentality is with this then?

Surely they know this will probably be very competitive with the regular ASM?

IS this everything?

What If 105
(first appearance)

Spider-Girl 001-100
(and 1/2 issue, 1999 Annual, Battlebook)

Amazing Spider-Girl 000, 001-030

Spectacular Spider-Girl 001-011
(Marvel Digital Exclusive series)
(later reprinted in Amazing Spider-Man Family)

Spectacular Spider-Girl 001-004
(Limited Series)

Spider-Girl: The End
(One-Shot)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f320e0bf258e68b1630186b0b5e05bb2d86fb64a&dn=Spider-Girl+Complete+%281998-2010%29+%5BMarvel%5D+%28Requested%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

>Absolutely no trades outside of the first 8 issues

Well, there ARE. But they're in the shitty manga-style shrunk down format.

I think that's everything that focuses on her, yeah. She also appeared in a few other MC2 stories.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:May_Parker_(Earth-982)/Appearances

let's fucking not

>MCU Spidergirl movie
>Cute girl as Mayday (Emma Watson why the fuck not)
>Tobey Maguire as old Peter just to get that sweet nostalgia high

It's what Marvel thinks, though.

>Emma Watson
>26 year old meme actress

I honestly don't know about young actresses with "real talent"
Either way, don't go wasting casting choices too fast or they'll drop the JLaw Bomb on us before you realise it

>shivers

DC has started collecting 90s stuff in general.

Marvel would need to start doing the same for OP to get hope.

The current authors are more interested in pushing their own characters than one that is popular, but the creator isnt around them anymore to defend her. Why give money or credit to someone you dont know much, than give it to your BFF Bendis?

I've downloaded a few of the chronological spider-man torrent packs, but I've always ignored MC2 stories - it looks too fanfictiony and it turned me off (I never liked Exiles much either, to be fair).

Is there a reading order list or image macro?

>You can go straight from the end of the Clone Saga to reading Spider-Girl and have a perfect jumping off/end point for Peter Parker.
I've never read Spider-Girl but I've always been curious, now this has definitely caught my attention. Is it available on the usual comic sites?

It really should be reprinted, it's one of the best Marvel comics. I would love the whole thing in 4 ominibi.

>I think that's everything that focuses on her, yeah.

Its missing the backup story from Secret Wars: Spider Island. But that also spins out of Spider-Verse.

It's a matter of opinion, but I'll post a few pages anyway, starting with one of my favourites.

Another of my favourites.

>MCU Spidergirl movie
>Cute girl as Mayday
Hopefully someone that actually kinda looks like Mayday.

I think it is.

who could it be?

Pic related was the cutest hairstyle Mayday had.

Zendaya

Don't be a racist.

motherfucker...

Treat it as a different universe, like this Wrong, Defalco said it sold good and it would spike up once in awhile and that's what kept it alive.

superherospeak.com/wp/91-tom-defalco-and-ron-frenz/

The then Marvel sales team wanted to axe it based on predictions of not selling good and then they would keep the comic because it would prove them wrong every single time.

Spider-girl is sexist because her costume looks painted on.

Ditto on that last one, worked for the Dick Rider fans in the long run.

Woolie, go back to your hole.

That doesn’t look like Mayday.

It's hilarious to me when people complain about something being out of print when it is easy to come by cheaply.

>when it is easy to come by cheaply.
Where?

Millie Bobby Brown

Where?

Ehhh I don't know.

Spider-Girl started great, but the longer it went on, the worse it got, until it hit bad fanfic levels.

haven't seen anything with her, but I'm sold on the looks.
a lil' bit too young though, isn't she?

way too young

>Only a sick whacko would enlist the aid of a teen sidekick

Didn't say it did. But the costume is immaculate. Even get the webshooters right.

>Millie Bobby Brown
Way too young.

One of my favorite pieces of Mayday fanart,

>It's probably because Marvel realized that the MC2 universe was actually hurting long term brand possibilities. MC2 was a way around the sliding time scale and allowed an ending to characters that would never happen in the main line books.

And yet that didn't stop Spider-Man 2099 from coming back

Miles Morales and SpOck felt like a convenient place for me to stop reading Spider-Man books.

I think Morrison's Batman run is the only example I can think of where decades-long compounded continuity was being used creatively instead of feeding into a transparent parade of gimmicks.

Looks like a young MEW

When does the second person narrative stop?

It doesn't.

>Not Tobey as Dark Devil
It's like you didn't even read the comics.

Yeah, like Azrael. Which I can only find one volume and it barely even covers his run.

>>Absolutely no trades outside of the first 8 issues.

Well, the entire first series was collected in digest trades... but that was over a decade ago now.

Reprint Now indeed.

Yea check out all this plot

They used "S'funny" like every page.

Old Man Kaine was great, and so were his not-Thunderbolts.

>T-this isn't fair, auntie M.

Darn, my sides!

Mayday inherited more than just her dad's powers.

they are only doing this for spider marriage fags. There 30th anniversary is next year I believe. So when spidermarriage fags complain at the state of 616 Peter, editorial can just smugly point out to this series running.

Is this such a concern?
I like it when stories can take place at vastly different parts in a single timeline and show the same character at different points in their life.

I liked that Batman Beyond's Bruce was a miserable jaded old man who alienated pretty much all of his closest allies, while BTAS/JLU has him adventuring with his team and fellow heroes. How he or any character ended countless years into the future doesn't invalidate their actions in the present.

Same with Marvel, in a sense.

Did MJ get superpowers? Holy shit she sent him flying through the fucking window.

That pic makes me wonder, what's going to happen when we reach 2099 and Marvel is still around?

2099 will be an alt-universe like MC2 and not how 616 actually turns out.

Stan Lee will be alive to tell you

Years of radioactive semen

It always was.

I miss her.

Agreed.

Same, but unless it was DeFalco, I don't think I'd want anyone bringing her back.

Put her in a new live action movie and then Marvel's primary audience and the vast majority of Sup Forumsmblr might give a fuck

Mayday WAS the best Spider

>To ever-diminishing sales.

At least her fans where actually buying the book and not just jumping on tumblr for a cool costume

She was a proper legacy hero that respected the history of her predecessor and built off of it.

She wasn't some fucking fad meme character

The moral of the story is that doing the right thing doesn't make you money.

>Mass media conglomerates HATE having situations like that pop up in their publishing story worlds. The adventures have to gone on forever, as long as the money keeps coming in.

The one thing I hate about comics the most. Sometimes, when a hero's story is over, it just needs to be over.

I mean, Marvel seemed to have the right idea in Ultimate, where Peter's story ended and Miles Morales seemed to take up his role, but instead we now have Peter as Spider-Man and Miles as The Other Spider-Man. What point is a legacy character for if the original is still alive and kicking?

Thats what attracted me to DC in the first place. THE sense of legacy gave some sense of closure, that there was actually lasting change of some sorts. The biggest example were the Flash family with like 3 or 4 generations worth of Flashes running around.

It was pretty cool. Then DC rebooted and removed their legacy, the biggest brand they ever created to make themselves distinct from Marvel. So I switched to Marvel ever since.

Now with DC doing rebirth and marvel being in a sorry state where they scared away their talent... the pendellum is swinging the other way unless marvel gets their shit together.

the whole clone shit sucked ass. peter wasnt the real one and when you factor in real time in comics how long was the real one stuffed in the factory chimney stack thing?

also putting a hoodie on a guy in spandex doesnt make him more relatable to inner city youth

youtube.com/watch?v=QH1RmNzcNnE

Gimme mah Mayday back!

Wealth and fame? She's ignored. Good comics were her reward.

See, on paper, Spider-Gwen should be able to get her own following just like Mayday did.

It's the Spider-Mythos drawn back to the start while constantly providing something new (again, on paper). Murdoch as the Kingpin and Frank as a Cop were great ideas.

It's also one universe in one title that should have been entirely self-contained but that didn't last for long.

Spider-Gwen is the title with the most missed potential in the world.

I think she complained about that at least once.

Oblivion.

>2099 will be an alt-universe like MC2
>will be

user, it already is. It doubles as both a "what if?" sort of future and an alternate universe.

I'm glad my shitposting resulted in something. Looks fun.