Is this the worst event of all time? Will Bendis be fired for this?

Is this the worst event of all time? Will Bendis be fired for this?

Why would he be fired?

You are dumb.

Nah, it's nowhere near as bad as Ultimatum or Identity Crisis.

In fact, it isn't even the worst Bendis event. Age of Ultron still takes the cake for that one.

>Is this the worst event of all time?
No. The discussion on it is hardly as animated as the true worst ones get, we just kind of laugh and rage a bit but there's a lack of the board wide seething mania that even Age of Ultron instilled.

It's one of the worse. That's for sure. And boring as hell. Bendis needs to go from the main Marvel titles, and have books that he can't do harm.

He wasn't fired for Age of Ultron.

>Ultimatum
>Identity Crisis
>Convergence
>Age of Ultron

not even close to worse, but it certainly is getting up there
we'll have to see how bad it gets in the later issues since bendis is rewriting it

>rewriting it
>Bendis didn't even know what story he was writing when he started

Jesus christ

God damn I forgot about Age of Ultron. What a pile of shit.

>Is this the worst event of all time?
it is until the next event
>Will Bendis be fired for this?
No. He'll be made EoC

Identity Crisis is nowhere near as awful as those other events. Zero Hour is worse than Identity Crisis.

Identity is worse than all of those because it has the pretense of being a "mature" comic.

Civil War II #5 has been delayed by one more week.

Despite how horrifying it is to see characters be brutalized for some fans, it was still well-written and paced up until the twist reveal.
If your only argument is based on pretense of mood then is it safe to assume you're not a fan of Watchmen and TDKR?

>it was still well-written
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

the entire book falls apart with the reveal, because nothing ends up making sense and characters act completely retarded

Great post!
Yes, I'll concede that the Deathstroke fight sucked.

It's not the worst event of all time, but that's only because there's so much competition.

I would honestly actually have to say so. I've avoided the likes of Ultimatum and Age of Ultron, though, so I can't compare. Certainly the worst I've ever read.

When was the last time Bendis wrote an event that wasn't heroes fighting other heroes or people pretending to be heroes?

Not just that, the rape was pointless and the story could have worked just as fine if not better without it, the Boomerang stuff was also pointless and led nowhere worthwhile, Firestorm's death was, you guessed it, fucking pointless. The whole book is meandering garbage for a shitty twist.

Also, the art sucked.

Firestorm was actually very upsetting, I forgot about that.

You've brought up good points, friendo. But in the end I just don't think it was as terrible as people think. Suppose I just have patrician taste.

Convergence suffered from a muddled narrative and continuity issues, but it was not offensively bad.

It fucked over Earth 2, and it ruined Bleediac.
Convergence should die in a fire.

>It fucked over Earth 2
Earth 2 was fucked looong before Convergence.

I know. Its secret wars all over again

Marvel's had worse piles of shit, and they'll never fire Bendis.
What they should do is make a separate universe where only he can write what happens in it and just keep him on that.

Can someone explain to me with Identity Crisis is bad?

What are you, stupid?

I liked it

Rape enthusiast pls go.

So you are stupid then.

>out of character shit (Dr. Light becoming an edge lord, the league supporting mindwipes, Jean Loring going psycho)
>the Deathstroke fight
>pointless murder mystery plot that was impossible for the audience to solve
>general edgy tone that had long ranging influence on next few years of DC

Secret Wars delays were because Ribic couldn't keep up with the deadlines.

Civil War II delays are because Bendis decided to change the ending at the last minute (just like what happened with Civil War I) and the artist had a baby.

>What they should do is make a separate universe where only he can write what happens in it and just keep him on that.
That's almost exactly what the Ultimate universe was.