ITT: Mary-Sue's and Gary-Stu's

ITT: Mary-Sue's and Gary-Stu's

How was Arnold a Sue?

Always morally right, everyone likes him (even his tsundere, Helga), always saves the day, etc. He literally has no flaws.

because OP woke up this morning with a throbbing desperation to ignorantly shitpost

>Mary-Sue
>in his own show

The only thing throbbing when I woke up was my dick after fucking your mother all night long.

So what? Breaking Bad was Walter White's own show and he wasn't a Mary Sue.

isn't arnold in universe seen as a kind of a puss by the other kids?

I would post a picture of him in that rabbit suit, but I don't wanna trigger Sup Forums.

No? He's the cool kid, and everyone treats him as such.

Mary-Sue's are usually self-inserts in fanfiction. Are you calling Arnold a self-insert?

he just wanted to know where was the bus stop

Okay so you've never actually watched Hey Arnold

what the fuck are you talking about they all treat him as a know it all busybody moralfag that needs to stfu. Yeah some girls like him but he never gets anywhere with it and it mostly leads to him getting bullied or shit on for having tried.

tl;dr you're a faggot

except harold, helga, the fifth graders, some adults, and the gangsters/niggers downtown.

do you watch the show?

A lot of the richer kids kind of sniffed at him too.

The "other kids" were either indifferent or okay with him, but nobody praised him like a saint.

Now that you mentioned it, I'm pretty sure he is

Mary Sue and Gary Stu are one of those terms that's altered significantly as the internet evolves. Originally it was an obnoxious original character made by a fan author that overrides the original cast and setting's narrative. Now, its basically a term for "Obnoxious Main Character" or "Support Character I hate"

If we look at actual shows, it'd be like how Irkel overtook the family's role in Family Matter, where they became less and less of a factor in their own show as time went on.

He is naive and trusting to a fault and is easily exploited.

But he's crazy.

Name a more Marty Stu character than him.
Protip: you can't
Or maybe you can, who knows.

He fucks up a lot, as Sup Forums likes to bitch about all the time.

This guy was just really boring,he was in no way a Sue.

>show is about characters who all have their own special ability (i.e. jumping rope)
>follows the main characters challenging enemies at their own skill
>almost every time Lin Chung comes in and absolutely dominates whatever challenge he faces
There's a character on the show named, swear to God, Jumpy Ghost-face whose one and only ability is jumpropes and Lin Chung STILL beats him at that.
He is for all intents and purposes a flawless character, the textbook definition of a Mary-Sue.

How much of his character is self-insert by the creator is beyond me though.

:^)

What about Mary Stu's?

I don't get it.

That's an abomination.

Wrong pic.

Nah, Rose is like the anti-mary sue, at first you think she's perfect, and then as you learn more about her, you realise she's actually pretty flawed, like how she dealt with Bismuth and the whole Pink Diamond thing.
Stevonnie has no flaws, and every character likes her, excluding Kevin but he's supposed to be 'literally the worst'. She also beat Jasper, who is supposed to be literally the perfect soldier.

Stevonnie has no flaws because "she" has no character; the only reason people like her is because they find her hot or in the case of BCD, because they hate Kevin.
And Stevonnie only beat Jasper because both Steven and Connie trained hard and put their skills together when they fused.
Stevonnie is not a Mary Sue, she's just Steven's power set.

>keeps secrets from all of her closest friends and underlings
>despite being a messenger of peace was directly responsible for the death of tens of thousands of gems and people
>imprisoned her trusted blacksmith when she offered her a weapon of lethal force and lied to everyone about it
>despite being "muh peace" Murders the enemy leader in cold blooded fashion

Her philosophy was also quite flawed. The idea of the ends justifying the means is mostly what evil dictators use to justify killing people in mass numbers.

>No flaws

You didn't watch the show did you?

And yet, they still love her despite all that, so her flaws mean nothing.

Nigga do you not understand the concept of love?

Gee, I guess that means Hitler did nothing wrong then.

There was an episode dedicated to people being pissed in that he always gets involved and think there were a few episodes that ended with him fixing a problem and the two people getting along over shitting on Arnold for being nosey as they walked away together. Of course his tsundere likes him, it is part of the description of the character type. Yea he is super moral but that was how he was raised and his friends even tell him Arnold you're too damn naive.

People loved Hitler despite his flaws, but people loving you doesn't mean you're not a bad person.

So you're in love with hitler?

>Bad father
>Bad boyfriend
>Insane
>Obsessed with his vigilante persona
>Paranoid, doesn't even trust his best friends

>Marty Sue
Yeah no, the list is actually longer too but I got tired.

Except his morals are his flaws. Remember that episode with the klutz, where whatever he did to help him made his life more miserable and he eventually had to give up? This formula happens several times throughout the show. He's naive to believe that everything can work out right. Not a sue.

Ever since /sug/ came back Sup Forums has taken every opportunity to constantly shitpost about SU

I legit feel bad for Arnold he wants things to be good with everyone and just wants to help. Would this be a factor for not being raised with parents? But instead grand parents? Does having your paternal parents even help you grow as a character?

>You know remember that dorky kid having ptsd in the principals office.

>the people who fought for their leader loved their leader

Wow I'm shocked. Tons of people hate her so that logic doesn't work. A flawed character can have loved ones.

I think it was him being raised to believe his parents were saints that drove Arnold to try to help all the time. From my understanding - and I haven't watched the show in a while and the new movie coming out might change that - but Arnold's biological parents either both died or didn't want him, because the jungle explorer story his grandfather told him is obviously a fabrication.
What I liked about the show was that everyone might have lived a shitty life, but deep down every character had a little good and did the right thing when it really mattered. In that way, they all silently took care of one another. I still watch the Christmas episode every winter.

Batman

>85683439

This is Sup Forums
They obviously don't

This is Sup Forums
They obviously don't

>Literally "shit taste, the post"

Lin Chung is the reason why the villains existed,how can he be flawless?

Name a better and more enjoyable ironic (or unironic) Mary Sue than Ensign Sue
Protip: You probably can't since mary sue's are almost never written on purpose to be good

Only literal one I've ever seen in a professional-ish comic/cartoon.

>Do you understand the concept of love
You bet your ass I do.

>Orihime
I wonder if Sup Forums is still mad.

Considering Ensign Sue is from where the concept of Mary Sue derived, there is no better example of said concept.

Your list is shit anyways since one half is never acknowledged in the series and the other aren't really weaknesses.
Espcially not when even though is mental unstable he is always depict as being right, even when he isn't.

I want to know what they're mad about but nobody is willing to tell me what exactly happened at the end of Bleach.

I honestly don't know if that counts, isn't Stevonnie more of two characters' power-up than an actual character anyway? There's been times when the flaw of one of her component parts shines through (when Steven was turbomad at Kevin for example and it made Stevonnie act stupid).

The narrative treats him as absolutely right most of the time which really is his biggest sue trait. Doesn't matter if someone is paranoid or w/e as long as the story justifies that behaviour.

People are mad that Ichigo and Orihime had a kid together. Rukia and Renji also had a kid.

What I don't understand is why Orihime is considered a Sue. She was completely useless and used as a hostage most of the time.

You have no idea what a Mary Sue is.

Seriously? Rukia ended up with Renji? For real?

That's really weird. Also I'm guessing Orihime never developed a character beyond liking Ichigo.

What? i don't remember much of this show, why is he resposable for the villians?

UNDERSTAND

UNDERSTAND

10/10

Stevonnie is more of a power up than an actual character

Sue means "Character I don't like" for a lot of people. So characters who aren't mary sues still get the label.

He time traveled and accidentally created them.

My memory is sketchy on the exact details but I believe the villains were drawings he created when he was stuck in the past and somehow they became evil.

In fairness to Rukia x Renji it was subtly hinted at (in my opinion) during the final arc.

I don't think that's good enough for a decade-old manga.

both of them or just sky?

To be fair, I liked the ending because it was much less trolly than I thought it would be.

It is not good enough but usually most romances in manga/anime are like that. Some pairings are better than others but I never had a problem with the final pairings in Bleach or Naruto.

Generally, I avoid shipping in all fandoms. I'm glad if the pairing I like is canon but I'm not going to complain if a pairing I like is made canon.

Even then, you can't really call Irkel a Mary Sue because not only did he have many, many glaring flaws, but most people hated him and he managed to go through character development as the show went on.