Why do people say our food is shit? I honestly think it's pretty good

Why do people say our food is shit? I honestly think it's pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot-au-feu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholent
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocido
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sancochado
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eintopf
desuarchive.org/int/thread/83524299/#83524326
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it is.

Look like moussaka

Is it though? Roast dinners, pasties, good cheeses, great desserts and cakes etc. I'm not saying I food is as good as French, or Italian cuisine, but nor do I think it's as shit as everyone makes it out to be.

british food materials are quite nice i think.

It originated from Americans stationed in Britain during WW2 food rationing.

Obviously ours was much more severe than theirs because their mainland was untouched by the war.

Looks okay but it's not exactly original since hotpots exist everywhere:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot-au-feu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholent
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocido
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sancochado
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eintopf

Bitterness crossed with the noble savage fallacy (namely that Stone Age countries like France and Italy somehow compensate with food).

I actually do like your food very much but you gotta admit there's a lot of offputting stuff for foreigners in it, stargazy pie, jellied eels, all the brains and kidney stuff, black pudding...

And then some of your stapples like baked beans and mushy peas, well, it's not exactly great. When you're served a plate and can't eat some of the stuff in it and half of what you can eat is just a greasy and sugary mess, it kinda takes away from the good bits.

Once you do get around to learning how to order, yeah, there's certainly some good stuff tho IMHO is a bit like German cuisine in that you can grow tired of it surprisingly fast for how much you liked it the first time.

because a lot of it is shit

wish we had decent meat pies here tho

(you) tried

a full English breakfast would be my last meal if I ever had to make that choice

it's not that british food is bad
it's that it's boring

Beans DO NOT belong in breakfast.

Digestive biscuit sounds like a laxative.

Loads of nations food are unremarkable, they don't get as much shit for it though.

You guys only get shit for it because I made this particular post: desuarchive.org/int/thread/83524299/#83524326
Nothing personal.

is their any difference between british irish Australian Canadian food. especially british and irish.

I don't know about Canada, but as someone who has spent a significant amount of time in all 3 countries, there's no real difference in British, Irish and Australian cuisine. One major one would be the fact that we drink tea, whereas Australians are more of a coffee culture, due to the influence of Italian immigration.

Most other relevant countries have some sort of meme food that's like their brand.
England lacks that 'identity', in practice only a few countries have remarkable foods overall(Turkey, Italy). You have pies, but they're not exciting to the average person.

Is there anything good other than Fish and Chips and Roast beef?

That and America

I agree. It is very tasty when compared to Finnish food. I love your pastries and pies very much.

i like mince pie. i try it in England, and i think it fit to japanese taste.

Apple crumble
Battenberg cake
Cottage/Shepard's pie
Meat pies
Sausage rolls
Hot pots
Bangers and mash
Yorkshire puddings
Scotch eggs
Toad in the hole
Full English breakfast
Back pudding
Steak and kidney pie
Bread and butter pudding

Loads of shit, m8.

Mince pie is only a Christmas thing.

I eat them spordically all year and start maninling them in October

People like you are why we invented concentration camps.

sporadically

mainlining them*

my browser's spellcheck is fooked :(

best comfort food tb h

OK...yes i eat it in Christmas...
sad news...

What do Finns eat, typically?

I love BIGOS and GOŁĄBKI

As a mainly Shinto/Buddhist country does Japan even have Christmas?

may be the greatness of britsh food is Universality. british isles and Australia are very different geography place. but both eat same food. i think it is superb.

Canadian is more French

Yep. They do. It's a pretty big deal. I was in Tokyo in 2013, a few weeks before Christmas. They're absolutely gaga for it. Trees, lights, decorations EVERYWHERE. They eschew the religious aspect of it. It's just an excuse to celebrate something and be merry.

ofcause. very capitalistic, but still Christmas. every japanese children wait Santa in Christmas night.

i remember in the new top gear series on amazon they were complaining their food was green and had this whole thing where they were really excited to have brown food