ITT: examples of terrible storyboarding

ITT: examples of terrible storyboarding

Jesus Christ that's awful. While I like the show I have to admit that next to The Powerpuff Girls reboot these both have the worst storyboarding and animation in modern animation.

SU's animation and story boarding isn't bad at all, especially compared to that shit heap of a reboot.
Remember the scene in Mr. Greg?

Holy fuck was the ASIAN horrible, I'm so glad she's gone.

It looks good occasionally but I find it oddly and sloppily animated and weirdly drawn most of the time. The characters never seem to really be on model which pisses me off. Same thing with Uncle Grandpa. The shows have no set default character models.

That's kind of the point.
Sugar said the story boarders are allowed to mix it up because cartoons are supposed to be expressive and animated, like John K's philosophy for Ren and Stimpy.
Of course, this means that you'll get some misses like the OP pic.

>Same thing with Uncle Grandpa

UG does have default character models, but there's this one boarder on the show who basically ignores it and draws everyone in his own style.

Why does the second most popular show on CN have such inconsistent art?

Nothing can ever be worse than PPG user.
At least SU characters can keep their bodies connected.

I have no problem with that in a cartoony show but Steven Universe is a fucking drama and it's hard to take seriously when the characters look all scrunched up or bug eyed.

His art is shit then.

>Steven Universe is a fucking drama and it's hard to take seriously when the characters look all scrunched up or bug eyed.
It's a comedy drama dum dum.
They've had episodes with zero drama before.

The last 15 episodes haven't been very comedy filled lad. Another thing SU is inconsistent in is it's tone. It has no idea what the fuck it wants to be. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's a drama, sometimes it's action, etc. Really weird.

>The last 15 episodes haven't been very comedy filled lad.
Did you miss the episode where Peridot was literally Wil E. Coyote?

>Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's a drama, sometimes it's action, etc. Really weird.
It's called genre mixing. Shows and movies do it all the time to keep things verified.

the first 2 episodes of season 4 were 90% comedy. Sardonyx is shit but all her meta jokes were supposed to be literal stand up comedy

Do you get triggered when SponegBob goes off model? They're cartoons, they're supposed to be expressive.

They weren't very funny, I didn't even catch it was a Coyote reference until now.

It's awkwardly presented overall IMO.

Just because you didn't find them funny doesn't mean they weren't comedy filled.
By that logic, Ghostbusters wasn't a comedy because I didn't laugh once.

lol

>I didn't even catch it was a Coyote reference until now.
all that does is prove that you're retarded, it could not have been more blatant

We are already on season 4? I didn't even noticed that we passei season 3. They are so short now.

>it could not have been more blatant
It could've been.
They could've added the latin names

This is the boarder that worked on Regular Show, wasn't it?

>comedy drama

and yet its bad at both.

I know that. It's still labeled as comedy. I just personally didn't enjoy those episodes.

Well fuck me then, right?

No, because Spongebob did it correctly and was well animated.

That's because CN reshuffled the seasons. Going by the old season order, we'd still be in season 3.

>A Loudfag trying to talk shit.
I find TLH an okay show but the fans are complete garbage.

>TLH
shouldn't you be in the >>/trash/

>No, because Spongebob did it correctly and was well animated.
How so?

>being this salty
ALL other fandoms are united, hand in hand singing kumbaya, in their hatred of Steven Universe. even fucking Adventure Timers hate you faggots.

I think you are thinking of Kat Morris

Fuck off Loudfag. You're show may be decently animated but that show is a chore to sit through. At least Steven Universe has enough going on to get me invested in it. Your show is literally the most cliche'd, one dimensional, piece of fucking garbage

>ALL other fandoms are united, hand in hand singing kumbaya, in their hatred of Steven Universe
That's pretty pathetic desu.

Nice copypasta.
And yes it is a copypasta, because some other faggots have posted it before.

Why? I never see /sug/ shit talk any other shows.

it is. the SU fandom is barely a few years old and its already far surpassed time tested classics of hatable fandomry such as Sonic, MLP, Invader Zim, etc.

No, Hellen Jo was actually on RS before getting on SU.
Although the same might be said for Morris.

No shit. Those fandoms are dead. Fandom hate is directed towards whats relevant. Did you miss the Under tale hate parade last year?

ah yes the hear no evil see no evil defense.

just look at this thread, one post mentioning how Steven Universe has bad drama and comedy with a LH picture and it spawns 20 posts of "REEEEEE FUCK OFF LOUDFAG YOUR SHOW USED SOMETHING I READ ON TVTROPES ONCE"

>even fucking Adventure Timers hate you faggots.
>implying 99% of AT fags aren't SU fags now

Actually, other fandoms are actually quite hospitable towards SU.
Star Vs, GF, even TLH fans crossover with SU.
Sup Forums is the only place that I ever see shit get stirred.

Also Hilary Florido

Not him but how fucking pathetic do you have to be to put that image together?

>pot calling the kettle black
I've seen a bunch of LH threads talk shit about SU for no reason.
Just squash the beef.

>That autistic as fuck image
>That filename

Are you happy with your life

ITT: Sup Forums displays it doesn't know what storyboarding is

you mean how SU fans obnoxiously try to insert themselves into every other fandoms thread, trying to force these """""crossovers"""" (usually drawn by one or two autists) and always being met with hostility?

remember that artist that drew SU and started drawing TLH art so /sug/ spam reported their tumblr until it got taken down?

He's a shit stirrer.
Because no real drama exists between the two fandoms, people like him make it up.

>remember that artist that drew SU and started drawing TLH art so /sug/ spam reported their tumblr until it got taken down?
What?

>I got proven wrong so I'll just shoot the messenger

imho the storyboarding in a lot of current western stuff is generic as fuck. almost as exciting as an IKEA manual.
there's clearly no talent, and no desire to grow either.

There's a difference between smudging or stretching or squishing to make an expression more expressive and consistently drawing a character in a different style or completely off model.

>remember that artist that drew SU and started drawing TLH art so /sug/ spam reported their tumblr until it got taken down?
no, because that never happened

why are you making up this weird drama between two cartoons, I've literally never seen anyone in /sug/ ever mention TLH

>you mean how SU fans obnoxiously try to insert themselves into every other fandoms thread, trying to force these """""crossovers"""" (usually drawn by one or two autists) and always being met with hostility?
You know it's possible to like more than one show, right?
So people who, for example, like GF and SU will probably draw crossover art because, "Hey I like these shows and it'd be cool to see them crossover."

Dude I'm not trying to argue with you.

It did it when it was needed most. Like when characters freaked the fuck out or got excited. Not staying on model when it's a normal episode is stupid.

Pedophile cartoon is well animated but not well written.

Also, guys if I remember correctly this is an animation quality thread, not a fandom war one. Please stop being faggoty and stay on topic

You do know what story boarding is, right?

>I got called out for stirring shit so I'll keep false flagging and hope somebody falls for it

Look Mom, I posted it again!

At the end of the day you're still a grown ass adult watching children's cartoons so really, who gives a shit.

Those posts have nothing to do with each other.

Polyle

Something something, glass house.

That only works when the artists are actually trained.

not a single post replying to me actually tried to prove that SU had good comedy or drama, rather you sounded like just a bunch of butthurt SJWs trying to go an the offense and defer the blame to something else, which started another fandom war.

also, is that picture supposed to be another example of bad storyboarding and animation, or are you stupid enough to think that makes a good reaction image?

Except SU has that right; they only go off model when they're expressing a certain emotion.
The OP pic is just a shitty exception to the rule.

We have a team of scientists RIGHT NOW that are trying to figure out how those two posts are in any way shape and form related.

Most of the artists on SU are trained.

the only emotion they know how to express is crying, and they arent even good at that either.

For a show like SU where the characters look different depending who is boarding the episode, what is "on model"?

>not a single post replying to me actually tried to prove that SU had good comedy or drama, rather you sounded like just a bunch of butthurt SJWs trying to go an the offense and defer the blame to something else, which started another fandom war.
You're the faggot that brought TLH into this. You never asked a question, you just said "heh heh SU sucks. Funny LH picture."
The only thing people are guilty of his failing for such an obvious troll.

Why are SU and TLH even being compared, they're two different shows. Also, why is there beef between the fandom?

>false flagging
do you even know what that word means?

i see SUfags throw it around a lot. whenever one of their own is acting like an absolutely retard (like most of them in this thread), its a "false flag", ie, someone from LH or AT or whatever fanbase is pretending to be an SU fan.

The thread wasn't about that in the first place.
Whats your deal?

>le everyone on SU cries meme
Yeah, there's a bunch of tears but you're still stupid for thinking that.
I wish I had a folder for all of SU's expressions right now.

R.I.P thread.

.. How do these look different to you. Also one of them is in motion while the other is still?

Suprised no one brought up the fact that the SU fandom literally drove a girl to attempt suicide because she drew a fat character skinnier than they liked.

>rather you sounded like just a bunch of butthurt SJWs trying to go an the offense and defer the blame to something else
>defer the blame to something else

Incredible.

Shitposters, plain and simple.
With GF dead and TLH rising in popularity (congratulations on beating the sponge btw) people are looking for shit to stir. It happens with popular shows.

"fandom" wars seem like the dumbest shit to me. It was fine when it was just trekkies, now everything seems to have to make a name for itself. By going to war with another "fandom."
I actually blame tumblr for this one.

It's literally one faggot that posts the same shit in every non-/sug/ thread just to start shit. They're not even comparable besides the fact that they're probably 2 of the highest rated (Nielsen) cartoons on Television right now.

That's completely irrelevant.
This was supposed to be a thread for story boarding, although not many people don't know what that means.
Also, the WOY pushed a person to actually commit suicide, so there's that.

Dude the passive agressiveness of your posts is almost tangible

>if I post a laughing picture, people wont be able to tell how mad I am

Actually, tumblr is filled with nothing but "friendly fandoms"; I'm always so crossover art between shows on there.
Sup Forums is where the fandom wars are.

The only retards here are the non fans trying to stir shit for no reason.

You read right through me!

TLH was literally only posted once in here as a funny image and now SU fags won't shut up about it.

easily baited into giving a thousand (You)s to one post because they cannot take any form of criticism whatsoever, the actual other fandoms involved have nothing to do with it.

That's because "fandom wars" are retarded.
Do you think it's some sort of competition to see which show is better? Fans don't own the show, if anything as a fan of animation, you should hope that both shows do well and even if you don't like it, you shouldn't actively put down fans of something just for liking something you don't.

Don't you know if you post an image, you automatically are a fan of whatever it's from?

SU fans have to be the most thin skinned fans Ive ever seen.

It's all Adventure Time's fault this happened. No consistent character models is kinda cool when your show is supposed to be scribbly and silly, but that system should NEVER have been exported to SU. I definitely don't want to be staring at awkwardly drawn characters when I'm supposed to be engaged in the story.

With something like Space Dandy were all the artists have REALLY distinct and tons of talent it could work.

But each storyboarder doesn't particularly draw the show different enough to warrant it's lack of consistency and most of said storyboarders range from "decent' to "awful". Yes, the show has instances of great animation like Mr. Greg and Garnet Universe but those are exceptions then the norm.

You know that exact image was posted in SU threads by LH false flaggers, right?
It's not completely unfounded.

Except you knew when you posted that image it would cause shit posting, so you just admitted to purposely baiting people just to throw off the thread.

Thanks for the explanation

Not really.
I've seen way more thin skinned fans.

I should have worded it better, but I mean for fandom taking off and getting so fuckhuge compared to how it used to be.

I'm trying to avoid using the word "cringe" because we're all nerds talking about cartoons in this case, but how desperate for a sense of belonging do you have to be to build up an identity around some specific show?

And no, this war faggotry exists there too. People telling others to block tags, spam and harass, all that shit.