Dont mind me, just posting the best animated hero series of the last decade

Dont mind me, just posting the best animated hero series of the last decade.

Young Justice thread

What are your cutoff dates? It's not even the best Weisman animated hero series of the last decade

And GLTAS was better anyway if you mean since 2010 or 2011

>And GLTAS was better anyway

Nah

yeah tho

If JLU counts, then no.

YJ was always overrated to hell.

This is a meme at this point, isn't it? You know this show is bad so you continually make more and more threads about it to stir up more shit.

It isn't even in the top 100 of decent cartoons. Weisman really shit the bed with this.

JLU was so much fun, I liked the idea of the Justice League being a huge super-hero army with almost all DC heroes being a member of it.

JLU is probably THE best superhero cartoon of all time and one of the GOAT Western shows. Honestly even today nothing else really compares to it.

And judging by americas hateboner for action cartoons, nothing like it will ever happen again.

You don't know how salty that makes me.

Honestly as a kid, I just always assumed that we'd always get action cartoons. It would always be a staple of children's television.

And yet here we are in 2016 with action cartoons more or less dead.

Fuck everything.

>Sup Forums has to be so contrarian as to shit up on one of the best animated tv shows

Oh shut the fuck up, cancer. The show was always divided when it aired.

JLU was based, but YJ was better overall. It was underated imho

what are we gonna do, you guys? we all want it, people who want shit get what they want, right?
do we have to make out that a lack of action cartoons is offensive to some group or something? would that do it?

Yeah but, about the dumbest shit
OH MEGAN IS SO ANNOYING UGH
yea that's the idea, guys. it annoyed everyone. she's one of those annoying immigrants that wants to be fun and hip
UGH WHY DOES ROBIN HAVE TO TALK SO CLEVERLY AND OVERANALYZE PREFIXES AND SUFFIXES
because nobody else is. that's what makes it unique and interesting. and because he's the smart analytical guy.

besides none of you guys bitched about 'jalapena', and THAT shit was irritating.

Brave and the Bold, Spectacular Spider-Man, Brave and the Bold and GLTAS are 10x superior then YJ

>Yeah but, about the dumbest shit
I wouldn't call the entire writing itself dumb shit. It was a piece of shit in a pretty package. Most people cringe at the miss martian/superboy shit, and don't get me wrong, it was really bad, but the artemis/kid flash stuff was far more awful. It was really bad writing and the fact that it took itself as seriously as a Snyder movie.

yeah okay the relationship shit was written badly
but I've got news for you:
this is, by far, the best relationship writing in the history of western animation. I know that's sad
But you know what else? Real-life relationship shit died years ago. It's not real anymore. Love has been murdered. So at this point nothing they depict is 'wrong'

That's fine and all, but it doesn't really explain the really bad writing and the fact that it was really up its own ass.

It really wasn't. People are projecting hard. This is what qualifies as good writing now, and you're up YOUR own ass if you don't get it

>kid flash: I hate you!
>Artemis: I hate you too!
>Artemis gets hurt by a bad guy
>Kid flash: LEEEAAAVE HEEER ALOOONE!!! >:(
fuck out of here.

JLU Season 2 is the best season of a superhero show but YJ Season 2 gives it a run for its money and might even be better.

You have no idea what you are talking about. It's impossible for a Saturday morning superhero cartoon to take itself too seriously.

Are you seriously acting like you're unaware of that omnipresent trope of people with crushes on each other being pissy at each other? Is that new to you?

Don't you ever get tired of pulling out the same old shitpost?

Oh, I'm sorry, was that not an actual bit of dialogue?

No

Actually, it did.

I'm 16 episodes in and it's fucking boring as shit.
I can't stand it when they make everyone underpowered so that Robin can look good.
Does it get better or is the tone already set after 16 episodes?

What you see is what you get. People swear by the second season it gets good, but I wouldn't know. First season was enough disappointment for me.

I disagree. I found it difficult to get engaged in GLTAS.

I don't either, I don't see why it's hailed so much. I couldn't give less of a shit about their OC romance. Last episode I saw was when the robot girl murdered the Anti-monitor and then possessed his body because redman didn't love her. Turned it off right then and never looked back.

Tron Lives

The first season improves about three episodes from now.

>not Avengers:EMH
>not GL:TAS
>not Spectacular spider-man

I like YJ but come the fuck on OP

I had no idea Batman and Sportsmaster joined the team.

It gets good by the end of the season 1 and after it. First episodes are just to introduce characters whiteout using the real plot.

I found it difficult to find any appeal in, but once i sat down and watched it, holy fucking shit it blew me away

EMH was good-for-what-it-was but still pretty low

b8

YJ was an abysmal show, heartbreakingly so

I don't know how you can think that with the shit that was Season 2.

I appreciate they tried to tie together storylines because of cancellation, but it felt overstuffed to me.

JL wins for me, especially because of the Cadmus arc.

It's sort of bizarre to me. Do young boys not like action anymore?

theyre not allowed to see action. it makes them too excited and ritalin's too expensive to have to up the dose.

One of those rare times when trips got it wrong. GLTAS was much better. I've said multiple times out of everything we lost in 2012/2013 YJ is the one I want back the least. I liked it all right, but I'd easily trade it's second season for one more season of Tron Uprising.

Season 2 has better plotting and payoffs than the Cadmus arc at times.

In addition, I'd trade the entirety of LoK for one more fucking episode of Tron Uprising.

Green Lantern took a long time to get great, and even then it was held back by the animation.

>JL wins for me, especially because of the Cadmus arc.

It had one of the most retarded conclusions I'd every seen. They made a convenient villain in Lex and Brainiac and didn't resolve the Cadmus issue in any meaningful way. Earth just suddenly loved all superheroes again, and that's that.

Don't forget the tacked-on third season that had no purpose.

i think finding out that lex luthor really was bad all along, and he was the one who turned the League against us, AND manipulated the government, who was already hiding a creepy cloney organization from us, would have been enough to make everyone love all superheroes again.

The government's suspicions and some of the people's fears of the Justice League weren't all created by Lex, though.

That's like saying the Equalists in LoK were automatically defeated because Amon was exposed. They're both cases of bad writing.

It's weird how people around here claim to love cartoons but can't recognize what makes them good.

Who's going to make that argument? "oh, some of our suspicions WEREN'T created by lex" "how the fuck do you know? oh god, you voted for him didnt you" "what? n-no! nevermind"

the equalists were defeated because it showed their entire movement was a lie. You'd have to be retarded to stick to it after that. It'd be like expecting the nazis to continue if hitler turned out to be black

It's not always the same things for different people. Some people put more value on plot and character dev, some put more value on animation quality, some more value on shipping, some more value on action. If a show does more of what you like good, you're going to be more willing to overlook it's flaws.

>Not Avengers EMH
>Not Spectacular Spider-Man
>Not Batman the Brave and the Bold
>Not Green Lantern Animated
How is your taste this fucking bad?

I think they expected to be cancelled after S2.

I'm not too bothered about the conclusion because they sort of wrote themselves into a corner.

Either
A) The government are assholes
B) JLU are assholes.

Still better than any storyline from YJ in my opinion.

Except the animation propelled it forward because it allowed them to actually have constructs instead of the bubble and beam bullshit we got in JL/U?
or are you just a MUH 2D IS BEST AND CGI IS AUTOMATICALLY SHIT

I dont understand why people hate so much on the ''writing'' on a cartoon network's cartoon of super heroes. YJ was subpar on this regard by miles...

>Animation is good
>Action is good
>character design is good
>Voice acting was ok (not for every character tho)
>Story was as deep as you will get on a childrens cartoon
>A lot of fan service

And yet Sup Forums hates it... why? give me a good solid reason.

Meant for

>Never provide reasons for why its good and never address people's reasons why it's bad
>HURR CONTRARIANSSS

Except it doesn't? Seriously it's not even as fucking long as the Cadmus arc... YJ doesn't have any episodes close to as good as the last 6 in JLU season 1, no writing as close to as good as "President? You know how much power I would have to give up to be president", no fights as good as Superman v Captain Atom. Just stop

Wow YJ has no good versions of anything you listed

you mean the first season only right. The second sucked.

I honestly thought S2 was kind of a mess in terms of pace and juggling characters.

Admittedly I have not gone back and re-watched it, whereas I have rewatched JL. I could be mistaken.

I preferred the Supes vs Cap Marvel fight.

Not gonna see shit like that in a western cartoon again any time soon.

Maybe in an animated movie but the quality of those has been a mixed bag recently

No you're right
They bailed on a bunch of shit from s1 and then hand waved the rest of it with the time skip
It was just a mess

So fights and quips are the only mark of quality in a cartoon? Okay.

I want to squeeze Cassie's super powered muscles!

Not the user you replied to but I would also say that the writing and characterisations in the DCAU were for the most part superior to YJ.

I distinctly remember hating the M'gann/Connor; "girl next door falls for angsty bad boy" cliche the first time I saw it.

That didn't stay a cliche, though. Did anyone ever predict Conner would end up having a higher moral ground over M'gann?

He never did call her out on molding him after her TV husbando. And brainwashing him to fall in love.

Young Justice Season 2 is 20 episodes to Cadmus arcs's 13, has payoffs that are much better than those found in JLU in its last six episodes by volume and content, and has way better fight choreography than the stiffness of the JLU. I love both shows, but you once again have no idea what you are talking about.

As far as superhero cartoons are concerned Young Justice does the most important aspects of the genre better than all but JLU.

>And brainwashing him to fall in love.

That never happened. That was a joke passed around that it did.

Except the still fell back on the bubbles and beams more often than not. And I was mostly referring to the baby like simplicity of it that hurt it and the bad facial animations.

It felt like it

I agree. I just felt like the initial romance was forced and cheesy. Personally I was disinterested by the romance so my opinion is skewed against it I suppose.

But they didn't? Kilowag almost exclusively used mele weapons or guns, Walker martial arts and Hal was pretty close to classic hal, boxing gloves and bats

>Bad Animation
This is literally the only half way true complaint haters can have against GLTAS and even it's lame since the limited animation style they used worked well in space, with constructs, manhunters and Bruce Timm art style.