The Room had a $6 million dollar budget. What did Tommy spend it on?

The Room had a $6 million dollar budget. What did Tommy spend it on?

Download the disaster artist audio book, you'll find out, it's a great listen because Greg Sestero actually does Tommy's voice quite well.

The first HD/35 mm dual rig camera mount in Hollywood.

Alimony

For real though, Boondock Saints had a seven million dollar budget. Both the movies have similar production value but Boondock Saints actually had good actors, writing, plot, story and cinematography.

It was a money laundering scheme. There is currently a documentary in the works that aims to expose Wiseu's ties with the mob, as well as his early life and age. Apparently he's been using some illegal tactics to try to hault its development.

That makes way too much sense..

Cool insight, but that doesn't answer OP's question.

>boondock saints
The Room is objectively a better movie than that cringy Tarantino dick riding piece of shit

there is no way tommy is the brains though, i think his brothers used him to distance themselves from the money and he got to play director/be a part of the scheme.

On his hair

You dummy he made the 6 million dollars honestly by selling yo-yos and toy birds to tourists

You obviously don't understand how money laundering works if you think it doesn't answer the question.

This

Most films rent their cameras. The technology moves so fast that buying them is utterly pointless.

Tommy decided to buy his cameras. Yes, 'cameras'. He got two. An HD and a 35mm. He stuck the two cameras together and filmed using each of them at once. He later claimed this was so he could compare them. What's morel likely is that he didn't know the difference between HD and 35mm.

He also spent a shitload of money on ridiculously stupid stuff, such as a lavish private toilet for himself in the middle of the set, that had a curtain instead of a door.

horrible overspending on cameras and sets, absurdly bad production, and the rights to "happy birthday"

Only if they were filled with drugs.

Spent it on getting the rights to sing the Happy Birthday Song

you gotta be fucking kidding me sis

Isn't that Chris Chan's half brother?

Tommy is supressing the documentary because the makers actually tracked down concrete evidence of Tommy's past. They even went to Poland and probably interviewed some family and relatives. He hates it when anything about his past gets revealed (he was apparently pissed as Greg, too, even though he didn't give any specifics), so he wants to shut it down. And he's using legal means: it's a lawsuit.

Also, it's really not hard to see where all the money went. Tommy bought all of his equipment outright, including shit he didn't need, and had to pay to keep replacing crews. He was throwing money at everything he could to seem like a Hollywood bigshot.

Clearly in some way you are wrong, considering everyone else is answering the post with the correct answer. I'd like your opinion on how money laundering works and what instead Tommy spent the money on.

>mfw I only read it and never audio book'd it

Oh shit, excuse me user

It's definitely worth, and I very rarely listen to audio books

yes

money laundering

is his lawsuit was brought with malice or with intent to block protected speech then it's illegal

>lawsuits can be illegal

dumbass

>A strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP) is a lawsuit that is intended to censor, intimidate, and silence critics by burdening them with the cost of a legal defense until they abandon their criticism or opposition.[1] Such lawsuits have been made illegal in many jurisdictions on the grounds that they impede freedom of speech.

>CA CCP 425.16.
>(a) The Legislature finds and declares that there has been a disturbing increase in lawsuits brought primarily to chill the valid exercise of the constitutional rights of freedom of speech and petition for the redress of grievances. The Legislature finds and declares that it is in the public interest to encourage continued participation in matters of public significance, and that this participation should not be chilled through abuse of the judicial process. To this end, this section shall be construed broadly.
>(b) (1) A cause of action against a person arising from any act of that person in furtherance of the person’s right of petition or free speech under the United States Constitution or the California Constitution in connection with a public issue shall be subject to a special motion to strike, unless the court determines that the plaintiff has established that there is a probability that the plaintiff will prevail on the claim.

>he cared enough to look this up
wow bravo

[citation needed]

You've got proven wrong

He brought the lawsuit through legal means. The courts aren't going to throw it out without going through the right motions and discovering that it's a spurious lawsuit. Those kinds of lawsuits get filed all the time (that coal exec suing John Oliver is a pretty famous recent example), it's probably only a matter of time before it gets thrown out.

CA CCP 425.16.

from what I remember it actually looks pretty good. that's what makes it a good bad movie, it actually looks like a movie.

Read Disaster Artist

Tommy owns several buildings and he keeps getting money from somewhere, which definitely is not a loan, its his money and he has a VERY large amount of it

>(b)(1)A cause of action against a person arising from any act of that person in furtherance of the person's right of petition or free speech under the United States Constitution or the California Constitution in connection with a public issue shall be subject to a special motion to strike, unless the court determines that the plaintiff has established that there is a probability that the plaintiff will prevail on the claim.

except im pretty sure Tommy suing them for making a documentary about him without his permission and involving his family isn't blocking their right to free speech

>Releasing personal info about his background for profit?
Could fall under defamation.

>There is currently a documentary in the works that aims to expose Wiseu's ties with the mob
what's its name? or any source on this

Also part of the allure of The Room is the fact that Tommy is such an enigma. Fuck these jackoffs for going through the trouble of tracking his family down, let the man keep his privacy.

Room Full of Spoons

It's not about ties to the mob (because there are none), the makers just went to various places Tommy has lived and tracked down things about his past. The big thing they were able to find is Tommy's hometown in Poland, and possibly living relatives.

He is a public figure so I think they can make a documentary about him without his permission, as long as what they're saying in the film isn't damaging and known to be untrue. To prove libel/slander against a public figure you have to show reckless disregard and malice. Freedom of press and shit like that.

But the directors of the documentary say that Wiseau is threatening them with copyright claims. Who knows if there's any merit to his claims because no one has seen the movie, and I don't where anyone would find a copy of the lawsuit.

This sounds really comfy it's a shame it might never see the light of day

I really hope hes not some hardcore mobster from Europe. It would ruin whats so fun and charming about him.

Purchasing all the equipment outright and an incredible amount of wastage in terms of sets and other stuff dragging out the production for years.

a Sony exec persuaded him to incorporate an Adam Sandler cameo

it shot for 6 months and had a full crew

He knows how to turn lead into gold, he learned it on his planet.

are you kidding me? that would be fucking hilarious, especially if he's the idiot savant of a well-respected mob family or something

A full crew he required to be on set at all times, including the 4 hours every morning he wouldn't show up.