Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/nation/la-na-cannabis-homicide-20160531-snap-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9g0dnxLGW8M
1drv.ms/x/s!AmSZj01HENQ8hr4EJ8plFNifQGFZLw
heyjackass.com/].
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0022343305049669
jstor.org/stable/2095046?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0277953698000975
liliec.be/resume/People - Society/Apocalypse then The lessons of violence and inequality through the ages.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>If i make the man who says this an ugly fat redneck, that suddenly makes his points invalid.

You can get semi-autos in other countries as well, yet they don't have weekly school shootings. I would be worried about American mental health instead of attacking millions of legitimate gun owners and their constitutional rights.

also sage for shit overused bait

It's easier for a mentally ill person to get a gun than to get healthcare, here. What do you think is going to happen?

Mental health may be a factor, but the common factor in almost all of these mass shootings and mass killings in the last 3 years or so has been drug use, both legal and illegal. All of these killers use antidepressants, steroids, or marijuana. Yet everybody wants to jump to guns, mental health, or terrorism which is often false.

Agreed, it's not like guns are a new occurrence, there is very obviously something more at play right now in our society that we need to figure out and address. Trying to take away firearms is the lazy way to try and solve the problem and is likely to cause even more problems than it would fix. Creating better people is the solution we should be aiming for.

The only rifle than civilian can buy should be rifle with bolt action.

Thank god civilians can't get assault rifles.

Thats a bit extreme

>marijuana
Yeah nah. Pot makes people passive as fuck. High people are the least confrontational people you'll ever meet.

People use drugs everywhere. Also all the drugs you mention are so different it is a reach to just say 'drugs' are linked to this.
It is something about our society. Gun availability is definitely not helping and it is fucked our laws aren't significantly stricter but as the finn said tons of countries have pretty easy access to guns without this shit happening.
18 a month and a half into the year.. and that's just school shootings. 3 a week. That's fucked. It is a trend now. It's glorified in a sense 'im a frustrated piece of shit and im gonna go on a rampage and itll show them!"

oh, really?
latimes.com/nation/la-na-cannabis-homicide-20160531-snap-story.html

>Also all the drugs you mention are so different it is a reach to just say 'drugs' are linked to this.
No it's not, drug use is correlated to mass public killings. Why would powerful mind and body altering drugs not have an effect on something like this?

>latimes.com/nation/la-na-cannabis-homicide-20160531-snap-story.html

>here look at this cherry picked fringe occurrence

Yeah, pot makes people passive. Nice try though.

Oh so you're just going to ignore an example that disproves your statement because you don't like it. Ok.

>It's glorified in a sense 'im a frustrated piece of shit and im gonna go on a rampage and itll show them!"

This is a result of both sides of the political spectrum being right. Gun laws are too laxed, but also mental health is a huge issue. Both the left and right are correct in this matter.

Abnormalities aren't norms. You have no point.

There is nothing we can do about these shootings. The 2nd amend is crysatl clear and Americans will never surrender our freedoms out of fear. The shootings are the price of freedom but one Americans are willing to bear as poll after poll shows only 26% of Americans believe in a handgun ban and support for more lax laws have grown, including the pending passage of a national right for all citizens to open and conceal carry without restriction.
Paired with arming teachers and students there will an army of trained and armed citizens ready to end any threat. Not only shooters but anyone committing a crime will face a jury of armed peers.

But it's not abnormal, there is a clear correlation between marijuana and violent crime.

I've been wondering why mental health has suddenly become such a big problem, or at least why its been being talked about more now. How do you think gun laws should be tightened

Now i would like to see a graph of somesort, made by a internet user with absolutely no sources on his claims.

Maybe in a perfect world my dude, but that doesnt look like the trend

FREE TO GET SHOT THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE MR.BURGER MARINE SEMPER BURGERIS :DDDD

>How do you think gun laws should be tightened

>national gun registry
>close gun show sale loophole
>mental evaluation after each purchase
>mandatory gun safety class for first firearm purchase
>minimum age for all firearm purchases being 21
>accessories such as bumpstocks regulated like automatic weapons

I agree with you, countryman
but how do we convince the conservatives that this won't translate into full gun prohibition like the californians want?

Those all sound good, but I'd say 18 for firearms ownership
Californian here, I was going to say it seems my state is doing everything to prevent regular citizens from owning firearms and very little in terms of common sense gun laws

Mental health evaluations for each purchase aren't feasible

in Texas we like to do everything the reverse of California, our governor even promised to "protect us from the liberals" lmao
so instead, we have zero gun control at all
had a familiy friend killed in a shooting several years ago, still salty about it desu :(

>go in to buy a firearm
>pick which one you want
>store holds it until a federally designated psych clears you

That would take months given the number of purchases that occur daily in the states. Do you really want millions of people unnessecarily shitting up the healthcare system

>but how do we convince the conservatives that this won't translate into full gun prohibition like the californians want?

I have no idea, but banning the NRA or heavily regulating the propaganda they put out might help. They propagate fear and paranoia and fuel the conspiracy bullshit and the "FEMA CAMPS, DEY GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS, ENSLAVE US ALL, KENYAN MUSLIM" mentality.

Look at this fucking shit
youtube.com/watch?v=9g0dnxLGW8M

>let me tell you about your country
We don't have socialized healthcare. If your poor ass can't afford insurance for a simple mental health check from the local psychiatrist, than you shouldn't be looking to buy guns

Posting some knowledge, here's the data. Sources are on the page.

Sheet 1 is the data, sheet 2 is the graphs
1drv.ms/x/s!AmSZj01HENQ8hr4EJ8plFNifQGFZLw

No, I mean that it would put an undue amount of stress on doctors, as millions of people with no other health ailment would be detracting the attention of doctors from people who are actually sick. Just make people get a FOID card, which works better than your idea

that kind of stuff is truly awful
but you have to admit the far-left plays right into their hands by calling for total gun prohibitions and for the repeal of the second amendment
talking to conservatives has become so depressing, the programming is indelible

Even though its the right thing to do living in California has made me paranoid that after those reforms there will be more and more to the point it will be a challenge to get and legally own most guns

What are you on about?
>undue stress on doctors
How the fuck do you think being a doctor works? Do you think the same person subscribing you pills is also the one in the emergency room performing surgeries?

Based

No, but the doctor who would be asking you some stupid mental health questionaire, that anyone could easily lie their way through, is the same one that could be using that time to see their other patients who need attention.

psychologists/psychiatrists =/= primary care physicians.

I find it interesting that the average yearly temperature of each state has a stronger correlation with the murder rate than the strenght of gun laws, gun ownership rate, urbanization, median household income, and presence of universal background checks.

That is all

The far right is becoming the more mainstream right. You can see this when mainstream talk show hosts like Hannity push conspiracy bullshit like Clinton being behind the Seth Rich murder. The president regularly watches Hannity and Fox News which is nearly Alex Jones tier now. The only respectable person on it is Shep Smith.

The far left isn't even on the radar, the far right has become mainstream. That's the issue.

I know, right?
=D

I would imagine the same thing could be said of Bosnia, and maybe even Croatia and Serbia, but you don't see mass shootings here.

You guys just chimp out at each other every other decade or so

>just make people get a FOID card
That doesn't help red flag potentially murderous people. There are in-depth psych evaluations that go beyond just checking to make sure your brain is functioning. Would it have a fairly high cost? Yeah, but the argument is that people's lives matter more than money.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
You want our guns? Pass a constitutional amend: 67/100 Senators and 37/50 states. Good luck gun grabber, literally every single one of your ideas has been found unconstitutional.
MOLOCH LABE

And it wouldn't even stop criminals from acquiring automatic assault rifles.
>stuck with a bolt-action gun while being sprayed with an AK47 or M16
Or better yet, get away from those nastier neighborhoods

Thats would be an unconstitutitonal violation of his right to bear arns as the cost woulfld ve a de facto ban, thus depriving a vitizen of rights without benefit of due process.

I live in a tiny town in the south, and I try to talk to people about gun control
more or less universally they respond as though I said 'gun prohibition'
it's just assumed by conservatives that the only reason leftwingers want to introduce psychiatric screening is as part of a long term plot to eliminate gun ownership
it doesn't help that everybody has a smartphone now and gets trendy coastal newsblog propaganda immediately

Mass shootings are high profile media frenzies but not even close to a major cause of death in the US or even murder. Many more lives could be saved at much less cost by focusing on the primary causes of death. 16 people have already been shot and killed in Chicago so far this month [heyjackass.com/]. Mass shooters account for a practically negligible portion of shooting deaths and a policy that focuses on preventing mass shootings rather than the steady drumbeat of murder that happens on a day-to-day basis is misdirected.

you see what I mean?

hey countryman: why do you want nutters and spergs to be able to own deadly weapons? do YOU have any helpful ideas? our neighbors are dying.

you cant stop people from killing each other

You can greatly reduce the likelihood that they will kill each other.

Found the redneck Sup Forumstard. I'm surprised you didn't mention jews or obama.

yea, live with it and stop being a bitch. The left uses these shootings to push their gun grabbing, big government agenda and its sick. The shootings are literally part of living in a free society abd guns will never go away.
We need armed teachers, not pie in the sky fantasies from the left

Jusg pointing out you will never, ever get those guns. Any idea you have will be shot down. Better yet it looks like the GOP will retain total control so we will get the right to carry a concealed weapon anywhere we want, because the American people have started to value freedom again

If that argument held any water then the expensive background checks, and licensing and hoops you have to jump through with the ATF to obtain automatic arms would've been found unconstitutional.

>"no way to prevent this" says the only nation where this happens

this thread is fucking hilarious

I feel sorry for you amerifats that want gun control to feel safer yet are dragged down by hillbilly incestuous rednecks who for some reason are allowed a vote

The vosts of a check arent as prohibitive like yhe vast medical system ypu want which will act as a de facto.ban.
This isnt my opinion,btw, its the courts

and Obama is a kenyan muslim and jade helm was real right? Just kill yourself you fucking retard.

>uninspired strawman

And I feel sorry you live in crushing poverty without the right to defend your own life

>The shootings are literally part of living in a free society

Yep, we're the only free country on earth. No other nation is free at all, no sir.

Nice try, but I don't live in the US

NRA fights hardest to defend right to arms, with the help of the latino cartels that they serve.
Rednecks don't help, but they're not the sole cause.

You ignorant fucks. The driver of so much violent crime in America is not guns. It is massive income inequality.

oh look: Impotent liberal rage. Ypu cant even respond with facts so let me: The next 7 years of Trumo will give your lib friends cancer.

We cannot do anything about our evil jewish corporate overlords. The masses are confused doormats. We're screwed.

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0022343305049669

jstor.org/stable/2095046?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0277953698000975

>has no point, nor basis of an argument

I made a claim, butthurt redneck.
Learn English properly.

Kill them. Literally the people need to unite and start executing the wealthy in the street. Violence is the only way to solve massive inequality.

liliec.be/resume/People - Society/Apocalypse then The lessons of violence and inequality through the ages.pdf

It's a combination of socioeconomic issues and easy access to guns. If someone is hell bent on killing people, why make it easy to get a weapon to facilitate the worst outcome?

And comments like this are emblematic of why the murder issues won't be solved in the US. This comment is only made and murder is only discussed after a mass shooting. "Our neighbors" can easily be substituted for "white people" because it has the exact same effect. Murder isn't normally something that happens to "our neighbors" because it happens to "those people" over in the ghetto.

Then legislation ideas are made to prevent the least predictable type of homicide which requires even more broadly based and restrictive laws to prevent.

Banning "assault weapons" will have no impact on the ability of people to commit mass shootings. Pistols work just fine, see Cho. Pump-shotguns work just fine, see the navy yard shooting.

Restrictive licensing schemes, expensive and complicated safe storage requirements, and bans would effectively prevent mass shootings. These actions are incompatible with the second amendment.

See:
Murder is an economic issue caused by the income inequality in the US and the lack of a social safety net.

Work on your reading comprehension. I never said it couldn't be solved, only that it's misdirection from the bigger problem.

I would rather keep the guns that way the rich fear us at least a little. Seriously, the American people need to unite and start cracking rich and corporate heads in the street.Violence against the wealthy enacted by the masses is the only thing that has solved inequality in the past.

Why dont you get a job?

I like you very much.
But it won't be done. The country will be destroyed before the masses start giving the corrupted of the wealthy what they desperately deserve.
Otherwise, I would gladly join the hunt.

That's a solution to unrelated matters.

I have 2, and I still struggle to survive. My boss company owner makes way more than I do, and I am the one doing all the work. He literally does nothing except collect cash based off of my hard work.

>7 more years of trump

Who did you vote for? Btw

Why not start you pwn company? Your boss has no obligation to pay you more nor does he owe you a job

sorry, Meullet is actually after Obama and Hillary. Read the memo, they have been abusing FOSA courts and spying. Obama will die in prison

I wanted to vote for Bern

You need capital to start a company. Also skills.

Starting a company costs a lot of money. Money that I do not have.

>you cant make this stuff up