The contrarians are wrong and he was extremely good

The contrarians are wrong and he was extremely good.

Hit and miss for me desu

Your intelligence is hit and miss.

is it a dolphin in a bathtub?

>lmao fuck Reagan and fuck Madonna

So brave.. so ground-breaking..

Alex Jones pls

Not his fault that half of modern standup copied him

>it's okay to have opinions like that of an autistic teenager as long as you put them across in a funny way

"No."

it's not his fault autists and other comedians have been quoting him for twenty years.

it's the same effect as monty python, the movies are actually good but people screeching quotes for years makes me wish they didn't exist sometimes.

this. some of his jokes are great and I like the edgy persona in general but then a lot of his jokes just aren't funny and go on too long and his portruding lower lip thing is just mongoloid-tier humor

>his portruding lower lip thing
>"i don't understand it so it's dumb."
don't reproduce

>opinions that trigger me are only said by autistic teenagers
Don't you have to get to bible study or something?

Unluckily for you, being stupid is your only excuse for saying that.

That's not my point at all. You can tell he was very witty but when people criticise comedians for being preachy Hicks is a prime example. Why should I listen to an uneducated comic who clearly thinks he knows best and you know fucking nothing? Fuck that. Just like Carlin in his later years, except Carlin said smarter things (still dumb in the grand scheme of things mind you) but was not as funny as Hicks.

Comics should merely satirize and shouldn't delude themselves into thinking they actually know best when it comes to their political stance (No one should do this really). He's an autistic neckbeard who only got his voice heard as far as he did because he was also very witty. In that sense he was ahead of his time.

>Why should I listen to an uneducated comic who clearly thinks he knows best and you know fucking nothing? Fuck that. Just like Carlin in his later years, except Carlin said smarter things (still dumb in the grand scheme of things mind you) but was not as funny as Hicks.
according to you, a not witty person.

If you entered the era of comedy through him, he is great, and copy-cats don't compare.
If you saw any of the other comedians first, and then him, he seems uninspired and bland, and only trying to shock.

Basically other people trying to be him, and not doing a good job, diminished his comedy for people who saw them before him.
They aren't contrarians, they just ruined Bill for themselves, and are genuine in their reviews.

The jester was always ironically the most insightful person in the entire court, and that irritated certain people. Not much has changed.

>FUND SPACE EXPLORATION NOT WARS LMAO
Truth hurts mayng

That's not at all what that idea of the jester is trying to get at btw

*tips*

>*tips*
see what i mean, regurgitating over and over again

Well what do you want me from me then? You didn't offer any arguments, you made a joke which frankly didn't make any sense, now you're throwing in words like regurgitate when I don't think you even know what it means

Are you trolling or fucking stupid?

>"bill hicks and george carlin are pretentious and stupid"
>no they aren't
>"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME STOP TROLLING YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT REGURITATE MEANS EVEN THOUGH IT DESCRIBES WHAT I JUST DID, REGURGITATE AN OVERUSED MEME BUT HAHA I'M JUST GOING TO SAY YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE A PSEUDO-INTELLECTUAL HIGH GROUND THAT DOESN'T ACTUALLY EXIST"
i don't want your baggage.

but he was hit and miss

some of his material was extremely lackluster, others was very well.thought out and funny.

making microphone noises is never a good replacement for a joke, and he wouldnt think so either.

>bill hicks ideology was the prevailing mode of thought for 20 years so his stand up quickly became stale and boring amongst older people
>now that we have come full circle politically it is actually edgy to like his opinions again

i'm not sure how i feel about this. i'm a sheep and a slave to trends but i'm kind of enjoying conservative policy and how everybody worships/respects money

the only problem is that nu-comedy is trash, the only thing that makes me laugh nowadays is people getting upset about things.

>nu-comedy

what did he mean by this?

>that projection

I gave you valid criticisms and you could only reply with that fedora-tier insult. You suck at insulting and arguing, faggot

This

>muh genetic fallacy
Ideas are good regardless of who came up with them, buckaroo.

How is that a genetic fallacy at all? The problem with Carlin and Hicks is that they were absolutely certain what they thought about the way the world worked was correct and that most people are snivelling idiots. That's why they're insufferable to watch, arrogance like that is fucking irritating but I can see why faggots who know nothing about anything would like them

fuck him and carlin. literally not even comedians. comedians tell jokes.

This. But it's all good. They're burning in hell right now so the God they hated so much got the last laugh.

>The door is a jar

Took me years to realize the joke and when I did I was like....."oh". He's nothing special, he pioneered the american sense of stand up by just complaining about shit which ruined actual comedy in the scheme of things.

I wish I was dead Bill Hicks.

I wish I could become a legend off of 1 hour of material.

I wish I could be judged on two hours of material.
Lazy, dead, fat Bill Hicks.