What a little ditty this little kino is. What did Sup Forums think of this?

What a little ditty this little kino is. What did Sup Forums think of this?

I don't know why he killed the priest at the end as it was out of place, but the ending was funny and fitting

Underage as fuck.

Give me your reasons why you think this.

>ditty this little kino
Fuck off

What?

Reddit needs to go.

Kys reddit cuck

How am I Reddit? It's legitimately a good movie, some would say great. I would agree with them.

Holy fuck please leave.

Go back to your containment board chinaposter

>I don't know why he killed the priest at the end as it was out of place
Try watching the movie

because it's completely random and a dumb person's idea of an "epic"

>I don't know why he killed the priest at the end as it was out of place
He was tired of his bullshit and had to explain why the priest will always be a failure compared to him. Then he drove it home by killing him.

>uses kino
>didn't understand the movie
It checks out

jesus fucking christ you are autistic OP

Plus wasn't it established pretty well in the movie that he is a sociopath who doesn't give a fuck. It seems anytime anybody betrays or pisses him off he pretty much either kills them or disowns them

That answer doesn't satisfy me. I thought it was kind of irritating how it fast forwarded to him suddenly being openly an asshole who kills niggas. Completely diminishing the priest's self worth is understandable because he's an asshole, but why kill him? Pent up rage?

Fast forwarded? He killed the fake brother and bitch slapped Eli to an oily ground saying that he would bury him alive.

This was not out of left field, it was the perfect ending, wrapped things up nicely

there had to be blood

Simply fuck off.

The brother was fake? I thought that was a dream sequence

I still don't know why he would kill the priest though. Why? Is it because he was the only one who tried to be assertive with him? Don't get it

This has to be bait at this point.
Either ways please fuck off.

Daily Reminder that they had the same actor for the two brothers and it made no fucking sense. Didn't explain that they were brothers being played by the same actor until the fucking end.

Movie was trash.

> Didn't explain that they were brothers being played by the same actor until the fucking
Was this in a deleted scene or something?

He hated Eli- they were polar opposites and if it weren't for his father owing property with oil underneath it he wouldn't have had to deal with his bullshit.

It may seem twisted and cruel how plainview abused and ultimately killed Eli- but then again Eli was a fraud who contributed nothing while Daniel pretty much cultivated a better way life in that part of California. It's a lol funny moment for retards because they inadvertently don't care about Eli and haven't fully grasped plainviews character

>Didn't explain that they were brothers being played by the same actor until the fucking end.
Yes it did you fucking brainlet.

Nope, just made references to the brothers. Not even a courtesy 'my, you sure look like your brother'. The deal in the beginning seemed like Eli was using a pseudonym for the transaction.

Did you not see the bit where Plainview met the priest brother for the first time and he looked confused as fuck but the Priest thought nothing of it?

That was a big clue you facially blind autist

>facially blind

It was the same actor, retard. Both characters has the same face and were never seen in-scene together. That's inexcusable writing.

>Confused look
>Explains it all

Yeah, OK.

No one can be this retarded.

It was badly written and a change in casting at the last minute. Originally two actors would be playing the brothers.

It's not even the first guy he killed in the movie. And the violence was building almost from their first scene together.

This is the story of a great and terrible Destroyer. Retched from the earth, he is a devil in the flesh, with organs of stone and flame. His tongue is gold; his stare, cold steel. Through his veins courses the blackest oil, and he is a vampire both of the literal and figurative kind. His one purpose in life is to feed - to feed until there is nothing left, until he stands alone atop the empty corpses of man and earth alike. He is a monster who abhors existence, most of all his own.

As we watch his unrelenting march towards this goal, we are witness to his three most heinous acts. The first act is the consumption of his hands. His most beloved tools, broken in the path of his destruction, are discarded. It pains him greatly, but as they are of no more use to his purpose, he must lay them aside and soldier on. The second act is the consumption of his heart. He knows his humanity is a weakness; it always has been. When the suggestion of kin reaches his heart and kindles pity, he knows he can no longer afford his emotions, and both destroys the pretender and preempts the breach from happening again.

At last, the Destroyer has one task left; the consumption of his own body and soul. Stood proxy by a man who is but a faint shadow of himself - a false shepherd whose spirit matches his own, but without the fortitude to see their shared goal to the natural end (yet surprisingly, the only enemy who ever truly hurt him by twisting his aims to force him to momentarily renounce himself) - he delights in the endgame. He savors every morsel of himself, and revels in his ascent to self-styled godhood. He has become nothingness incarnate, and having reached his fill, finally, is finished.

Great movie, OP. The conclusion brings the allegorical components of the tail to the forefront. Daniel represents the modern materialistic capitalist mindset. Eli represents the older faith-based notion of Providence. The thing is, both Daniel and Eli deal primarily in selling hope. Daniel offers materialistic dreams like money, schools, running water, roads, all the things these people hope to have for themselves and their children. Eli offers spiritual things - salvation, faith-healing, the promise of an afterlife.

But one of them is a fraud: Eli.

Daniel repeatedly calls Eli out on his fraudulent, useless promises. He calls what Eli does "one goddamn hell of a show," berates and humiliates him for his inability to heal H.W.'s affliction, but while Eli himself might be a fraud, what he represents isn't. Whether or not Eli believes in it himself, regardless of what Eli's motivations were behind bringing Daniel to his knees in confession, he helps Daniel come as close as he ever gets to salvation. It is at Eli's church service that Daniel breaks and unburden his soul, faces the truth in his own heart - irrespective of his orphan status, Daniel considers H.W. his son and tortures himself for casting him aside. Above and beyond the humiliation, this is why Daniel hates Eli, for offering him a taste of a redemption that his materialistic mind can never accept even might be real, no matter how much he might wish it to be.

Daniel has his revenge in his prosperity and his endless competition, but it's empty, so when Eli comes he forces Eli to at last make a confession of his own, a confession no true man of faith would make, regardless of circumstance, but even that is not enough, so Daniel, the materialist takes the life of the false prophet, and forever reconciles himself to a material existence, leaving us with the same question he'd been asking himself ever since his day at the altar - is it ever enough?

I love and completely agree with your analysis user.
However, why did he fuck things up with his "son" at the end? He was the only person he ever cared about and loved (and those flashbacks where you see them play and have fun together prove it), but he told him the truth about being an orphan, he said he was just using him for advertising better his business. Why?

it was very classic of him

Because he'd never changed. H.W. actually went out and found happiness and love beyond Daniel, and even that would be construed as competition by Daniel.

Daniel's obsessively competitive nature would drive an ever-widening divide between himself and his son, a schism that becomes complete when H.W. declares his intentions to break away and start a business of his own. Daniel's love of competition supersedes his desire for the family and companionship that could save him, so he buries the truth just like he buried his false brother, denying that H.W. was ever a son to him, never anything more to him than just a bastard in a basket.

He kills the priest because capitalism killed religion, is that hard to get

I like this.
I also loved the final line of the movie: "I'm finished!". I see it not only like a "fuck this guy, I'm done with him" or a way to represent how him and his materialistic belief defeated the "false prophet" and the false hopes he thought he was giving, but also like he started to realize how he was finished as a man. Maybe I'm wrong.
Anyway this movie is easily in my top 10

I look at it that way, too. Daniel is completely done. Whether one views it as a hollow victory or not depends entirely on what one believes.