Theme Park Thread

Nintendoland Edition (pretend pic is real Nintendoland)

Discussion thread for everything Disneyland/WDW/Universal Studios related. Post your favorite rides, circlejerk about which rollercoasters are kiddy tier, share stories, share dining and shopping areas, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

themeparktourist.com/features/20150323/30074/abandoned-rise-fall-and-decay-disney-s-river-country
youtube.com/watch?v=oOBP9Y8wux0
youtube.com/watch?v=e056R97svz8
money.cnn.com/video/technology/2016/04/01/virtual-reality-roller-coasters.cnnmoney/
youtube.com/watch?v=Za4ikdnVEo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forgot to add: Feel free to discuss about other themeparks, as well about old/abandoned rides and parks.

It's a real shame the food at mythos is average and expensive, the themeing kicks ass.

Still no official word on when the Star Wars area will open at Disneyland yet

Is it under construction or is it still in the concept stage?

under construction right now, they've already shown some photos of the sites i believe.

Reposting from the last thread:
themeparktourist.com/features/20150323/30074/abandoned-rise-fall-and-decay-disney-s-river-country

You know, I think I see some of the rerouting they're doing for the railroad down by the water. That little wooden bridge thing.

>no Chozo temple for representing the Metroid series
Nintendo will never make it happen

>Even though vegetation growing is a problem, in the World Showcase it has helped some pavillons look more authentic
Noice

>Metroid combination dark ride and shooter a la MIB
>Actually animatronics instead of screens
>outside is stylized like the chozo temple
>Samus leads you through and fights by your side, hologram or on a screen giving directions like agent J in MIB;
>Final room you battle Metroid Prime
>Samus tells you to duck at the last second, ride vehicle swerves around it and a missile hits it from behind

Too bad it will never happen.

What I want/ideas/predictions I have for Nintendo Land:

>three main areas: the Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, and Pokemon Safari with some attractions/rides in between

Mushroom Kingdom:
>Super Mario obstacle course
Playground area for kids aged 6-10, themed to look like a level from the Super Mario 2D platforming series
>Mario Kart race course
Basically real life Mario Kart, of course, with the item throwing gimmick worked in somehow (but done artificially without real items)
>Donkey Kong construction site
For older kids and adults; a linear obstacle course where the goal is to rise up and get past Donkey Kong as he tries to hurt visitors by throwing barrels down steep bars of construction steel.
>Donkey Kong Minecart Madness
Minecart-themed rollercoaster!

Hyrule:
>The Legend of Zelda dungeon exploring experience
Explore a real life Zelda dungeon in the land of Hyrule! In groups of 20, visitors will have to work together to solve puzzles and find treasure.

Pokemon Safari:
>Pokemon Safari
Exactly what it sounds like; a real-life adaptation of the classic N64 game! Visitors go on a safari in an automated jeep where the goal is to snap the best possible pictures of Pokemon animatronics as they can. Visitors will even get to keep the one they like best and take it home with them.
>Pokemon Gym Experience
Watch a real life Pokemon battle in a circular theater, where the part of Pokemon are played by animatronics!

(1/2)

Other rides/attractions:
>Metroid Hunt
Explore the planet of Zebes in a guided tour - but look out for the Space Pirates!
>Metroid Blast
And after touring Zebes, strap on an arm cannon for a bit of laser tag fun!
>Splatfest
Splat! For everyone aged 10 and up, pick a gun of your choosing, grab a pair of protective goggles, and a plastic covering if you want, and get ready for some inking fun! Groups of 10 are split into two teams! The goal: splat the other team with "ink"!
>F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Come on into an F-Zero machine if you feel like you're brave enough to race in one of these! A rollercoaster ride for kids aged 10 and up
>Star Fox: Galactic Defense
An audiovisual immersive ride in an Arwing with a twist: shoot down the evil Andross' forces!

(2/2)

Rate these ideas and/or my autism out of ten

I feel like pokemon safari would be better as a pikmin safari.

I love the sound of the Poke Safari.

>Get excited to learn there's a program to study abroad in motherfucking WDW in my college
>Get to work at the parks and study your 4th semester, you're allowed days off at the parks as a tourist
>Working at Disney has literally been my dream since day one
>Already thinking of how to convince my parents to let me go
>Scroll further down to see the participating degrees
>MFW Graphic Design & Animation isn't one of them

It hurts so fucking bad. I hope our counselor wasn't lying when she said there is another Disney program for animation students especifically.

Got any ideas for Halloween Horror Nights makeovers (assuming Nintendo allows Universal to use their IPs for Halloween Horror Nights, anyway)? Maybe a Shadow Temple-themed revamp of your Zelda dungeon, or an Eternal Darkness dark ride, or something along those lines?

You guys know it'll be nothing like this, right?

Spooky trips

Maybe make it so the Pokemon area only features Ghost and Dark type pokemon?

This.
Universal will probably create an area totally themed around Mario and have a few sparse tidbits of other Nintendo properties.

Normies don't know anything other than Mario.

It would be weird there isn't one for animation. I hope you get in user.

Absolutely none of this will happen.
We're talking a restaurant, a gift shop, and a 3D dark ride featuring Mario if we're lucky.

This. There is no way in hell that Universal can shoehorn every single Nintendo IP into one single area of a theme park. I imagine there being a Mario Kart ride, a DKC roller coaster, and a Zelda boat ride similar to POTC

>Normies don't know about Pokemon or Zelda

They wouldn't.
Not only would Nintendo not allow it ,but the only properties you're going to see are the 100 million dollar selling franchises.

That's Mario, Pokemon, and Wii Fit.

But user, Pokemon GO's main audience is causals and genwunners. Universal would be fucking retarded to at least not include that in.

Normies don't know SHIT about Zelda.
Normies think Zelda is Link.

God damn you fucking people are always so out of touch with what's actually common knowledge in reality.

Yeah, and that, along with Mario, will probably be one of the two or three properties primarily showcased.

Well, how big of an area Nintendo is getting in the park?

From what I heard they are taking the JAWS section alongside nearby attractions and make the Nintendo area about the same in scale to the Harry Potter section.

Now never been to Universal before how big is the Wizardly World of Harry Potter?

>DKC roller coaster, and a Zelda boat ride similar to POTC

Even someone close to reality is still way off. Normies have no fucking clue what Donkey Kong Country is.

Normies know about pokemon for sure, but not about zelda at all.

You can expect one main showcase ride, and that's it. Even Gringott's only got one ride. The only reason Hogsmeade got more than one is because they re-purposed rides from the previous island.

If we're lucky, we're seeing a Mario ride with 3D screens and a Pokemon ride.

Sh-sh-shut up. ;_;

I have my fantasies.

Im going to go ahead and claim that the Mexican boat ride is the comfiest ride.

That or Spaceship Earth in the big ball

Your fantasies are not fantasies anymore, they're literal delusion.

Nintendoland will be a restaurant, shops with Nintendo merchandise, and perhaps one to two rides focusing on the LARGEST franchises Nintendo has, which is Mario.

All this shit about Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, is a fucking joke. Not a fantasy.

I don't think that Pokemon was included in the Nintendo land deal.

Rumor is that they are getting the whole kiddie area minus ET

But they do know DK in association with mario and I know plenty of normies who can tell who Diddy Kong is.

I'd say the most plausible franchises are:

>Mario (Freaking duh)
>Pokemon (Just as big plus it'd be silly not keep pushing Pokemon after Go's success)
>Zelda
>Yoshi (In association with Mario)
>Donkey Kong (In association with Mario

Kirby is something i notice varies a lot so it'd probably be the edge of what mainsteram audiences know as Nintendo. Everything would be basically unknown

I mean, it COULD happen. Who's to say it won't?

>But they do know DK in association with mario and I know plenty of normies who can tell who Diddy Kong is.

Oh my fucking god, user. I just imagined walking into my office and asking who knows who Diddy Kong is to the majority of my 25-40 year old coworkers.

I'm cringing.

99% of them would know Donkey Kong as the funny barrel throwing monkey.

Quick question
Are you 15?

I haven't been there since 2013 but IMO I think Mexico's the comfiest. Spaceship Earth reaches rollercoaster-like upward slopes if that makes any sense. Mexico's ride is just Donald, José and Panchito whispering sweet nothings into your ear (not really but you get the point).

Pretty much anything in the World Showcase is comfy as fuck.

Fuck, I love how well they planned out the borders.
Like, the buildings on the edge look totally normal, so you won't see future space shit while you're over by all the Mark Twain stuff.

Goddamn I can't wait for this, I'm gonna tear up like a bitch the first time I go and hear the John Williams score pumping over the loudspeakers and I don't even care.

>Who's to say it won't?

Someone who has been a huge fan of Nintendo, friends with nerds, normies, and an annual passholder at Universal since 1994.

Okay user, since you do not know what "normie" means.

Go ask your mother or father who Diddy Kong is.

Then ask them who Kirby is.

The fact that the Star Wars land is located between Frontierland and Fantasyland is genius in itself

>Star Wars land doesn't stick out like a sore thumb
>It's between the two most fitting areas of the park
Based Disney

I've found some of these people are totally out of touch, either that, or really young.

god yes love the look of that place and the huge water tunnel in the pooseiden ride.
Whole section reminds of the water temple in starfox adventures

Hell I'm fairly young and I know what normies know, considering I know a lot of normies.

Gotta agree with this fella.
We ain't getting a Splatoon ride, we ain't getting anything that'll take more than 5 minutes, we ain't getting anything anything Metroid themed.

I imagine it's gonna be fairly small and focus on only the most recognizable Nintendo properties (or ones that would easily lend themselves to E-tickets).

>Mario Bros/Donkey Kong playground for the wee kiddies
>F-Zero roller coaster if they want something to attract people who don't play video games/who are over the age of 8
>Pokemon attraction, probably working in Pokemon Go somehow
>Maybe a water area themed around Mario or Splatoon
>Mario Bros pizza place, Tom Nook store, PokeMart
>MAYBE a Zelda/Pokemon dark ride in the style of Transformers/Spider-Man/Gringotts, but that's a BIG maybe

I could also see a Luigi's Mansion style blaster ride that's like a goofy haunted house.

They'll probably turn the Woody Woodpecker kiddie roller coaster into a Mario Kart one

>Halloween Horror Nights in Nintendo Land
>More kid-friendly haunted house based on Pokemon Tower
>This plays through the entire area on a loop while purple fog is pumped in
youtube.com/watch?v=oOBP9Y8wux0

>tfw you will never live in EPCOT as the actual Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow as Walt had planned
kill me

I didn't even notice that.
Holy shit Disney you absolute madmen.

>Halloween Horror Nights in Nintendo Land
>Carnival of Time taking place
>Giant blimp moon slowly lowers through the day
>Meet and greet goers and staff dwindle to only a few people by night
>At the stroke of ever hour low decibel audio is played to rumble and a clock tower bell sound is played
>Moon is lowered

>The area is done up to look like Team Rocket have taken over
>Grunts walking around looking shifty, graffiti on the walls
>mfw they project ghost pokemon onto the clouds of fog
>mfw you can see Cubone/Marowak lurking behind gift shops

Star Wars land is fun. But is anyone looking forward to AVATAR LAND!

Hahaha, no.

Literally my mom's Axiom from Wall-E

Well, we have Celebration, but that place is basically living in an ad at this point and nothing like walt envisioned. Even had a murder suicide.

Uh shouldn't ridley swoop over the ride instead of something as banal as a missile?

That would be good too. I'm trying not to set my expectations too high on what they're willing to pull off.

Oh who am I kidding, metroid won't even have a passing mention.

>HHN mascot for Nintendo Land is Ganondorf
>Gathers up all the spooky villains/characters from Nintendo games
>King Boo, Nightmare, Gengar, Ridley
>During the day, Luigi's Mansion stuff with E. Gadd for the kids
>Jack from Animal Crossing handing out candy
>Pumpkaboo, Gourgeists, Litwik, Lampent, and Chandelures lit up all over the place
>Strike up a deal with Niantic so Ghost and Dark type Pokemon appear more frequently in that area
>At night time, Phantoms and Re-Deads wandering around
>The clock tower chimes ominously on the hour while the Lavender Town theme plays on a loop
>Fatal Frame haunted walkthrough, Luigi's Mansion one for the kids that involved blasting ghosts with a flashlight

It'd be so fucking cool if they went all-out like this but you know they're not gonna.
We'll be lucky to get a playground, kiddie coaster, and some gift shops, all with a loose Mario theme.

>>At the stroke of ever hour low decibel audio is played to rumble and a clock tower bell sound is played
>>Moon is lowered

youtube.com/watch?v=e056R97svz8

That music is too spoopy even for Halloween

Thats true. I think a vr coaster ride like their testing at Six Flags would be best for metroid though.

>Universal announces a Metroid attraction
It's a Federation Force themed food court/arcade area

I saw a thing about that VR coaster, saying it'd be some gargoyle thing in Skull Mountain during Fright Fest this year.

What's the deal, they're gonna hand out VR headsets when you get on the ride, then you just ride it while the VR movie plays?

Don't jinx it damn it
I hope to god Universal takes this seriously. If they took the time and effort to make good rides with a variety of franchises they could have a really good crowd pleaser area on their hands.

However they're probably just gonna refurbish kidzone to be mario themed.

Also:
>During the day, Luigi's Mansion stuff with E. Gadd for the kids
>Jack from Animal Crossing handing out candy

This literally brought a tear to my eye I want this badly.

>What's the deal, they're gonna hand out VR headsets when you get on the ride, then you just ride it while the VR movie plays?
Yeah, I think that's the deal. And the ride is synchronised with the VR headset so the motions match.

I assume thats what happens. It sounds awesome though. It opens a world of possible themeing possibilities.

>Fatal Frame haunted walkthrough

>Fatal Frame haunted house
>get your own Camera Obscura

I didn't know how much I wanted this.

Huh, that's pretty nifty.

You're right satan. I just hope it doesn't become the new motion sim where that's literally every ride released.

As cool as the Hyrule thing sounds on paper, I wouldn't trust a bunch of random jackasses to solve anything.

Maybe something like Posideon's Fury would work better

I had the idea in the other thread for a zelda stuntshow. Zelda gives a tour of hyrule castle, we move through some rooms, eventually ganondorf bursts in on horseback near the front, zelda fights him off with a rapier for a bit, moblins burst in. All of a sudden, Link rides in on horseback while the main theme begins to play, jumps off and knocks downt he moblins, Zelda tells Link to distrat ganondorf. Ganondorf and Link spar for a bit as zelda tells the audience we need to channel our life force. We cheer for link, making him gain more power from the triforce of courage, zelda channels energy and blows up ganondorf with smoke machines and laser beams.

>Huh, that's pretty nifty.
Here is a newsreport about it.
money.cnn.com/video/technology/2016/04/01/virtual-reality-roller-coasters.cnnmoney/

And knowing Universal, any attraction in that area is just going to be projections with maybe two physical sets during the entire three minutes.

As long as Link doesn't talk, that sounds pretty fucking awesome.

>Metroid terror trail with giant animatronic Mother Brain at the end
They won't do it, but fuck.

Hence why he comes in at the last minute, so it won't be awkward as fuck that he's giving a tour while not talking.

>Zelda version of the Sinbad show
I'm surprisingly down for this. I'm trying to manage expectations but dammit the silence and the quality of Potter World are pumping me up too much.

Please kindly stop getting so triggered. I don't believe 99% of the ideas I come up with will ever happen. it's just REALLY fun to come up with theme park attractions and stuff.

I hope it's better than sinbad though if by some slim chance it actually happens.

The stunts rock in sinbad and I guess that's all that matters, but it gets a bit dull.

Do people even go to that show anymore?

Last three times I've been to IoA it feels like 90% of the park is either in HP land or in Marvel land.

And how much do normalfags know about the intricacies of Harry Potter? There's a lot of detail in both Wizarding Worlds, so hopefully Nintendo keeps Universal on track.

I'm an Irishfag so I probably won't see it for ages anyway.

Luigi's Mansion, obviously

A lot of people completely overlook Lost continent since most of it got swallowed up by Harry Potter land.

It's always nice to see people on Sup Forums aren't all americucks and britcucks using proxies desu.

Why are there so many goddamn 3D rides in Universal? The Transformers one was shit

Been to Universal on two separate occasions and I went both times. Same with Poseidon's Fury.

Funnily enough, on flag boards I've started to end up with a British one from time to time.

>Link opens his mouth to speak
>Gets interrupted by Zelda, Ganon, or something else

Y/N?

Huh. Must be an issue with those boards ip positioning. Do you live near northern ireland?

Guy who posted the idea here, that would be pretty funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=Za4ikdnVEo4

There's hope. I don't expect anything that'll blow my mind, but there's at least hope.

Can I get a tl;dr on that vid? From the logo I'm nervous as fuck, is it japan exclusive?

No, it's going to Japan and Orlando. It's basically saying how it's supposed to exceed the Wizarding World in terms of size,

Buddy, it's a minute and a half long. It'll take longer for me to type everything, than you just listening to the commentary. Nothing weird happens based on the thumbnail, so just go for it.

I just couldn't listen because I don't have headphones and my family is asleep right now.

What are some things you wanna see in an ideal scenario for Star Wars/Nintendo Land?
>Bounty hunters in the cantina hassling people who were outed as Rebel Spies on Star Tours (a Jedi Mind Trick will send them away, though)
>Restaurant that sells Blue Milk/Blue Milkshakes as an alternative to Butterbeer
>Random aliens/smugglers wandering around interacting with guests, ala the actors/directors/cameramen who wander around the Old Hollywood part of Studios
>Use of Magic Bands to do things like put Rebel Spies on wanted posters, have droids say people's names, etc.
>Addition to maybe Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios that involves a Jedi obstacle course on Dagobah
>Something involving AT-ATs

>American branch of the Kirby Cafe
>Metroid MIB style blaster ride
>Pokemon Center/Pokemart
>A Pokemon Go League where guests have to battle trainers, Rocket Grunts, and a Gym Leader to earn a Badge (after Niantic adds battling, obviously)
>Main area split into Mushroom Kingdom/Hyrule, with Pokemon/general Nintendo themeing making up the rest
>Legend of Zelda ride in the style of Forbidden Journey
>Mario stuff that isn't kiddie playground trash
>Kirby/Dedede race coasters that blasts Gourmet Race out of built-in speakers
>F-Zero coaster that just goes fast as fuck/loops all over the damn place while blasting Big Blue
>Rainbow Road coaster
>Big fucking arcade full of classic and modern Nintendo games (Punch-Out!!, Hogan's Alley (for extra Universal Back to the Future goodness), Mario Bros, etc.)

Basically reps from Universal Japan said that the Japanese Nintendo area is gonna top Wizarding World in how fucking cool it is.

Which is some big talk.
I still feel like the American one will just be a re-themed Fievel's Playland/Woody Woodpecker/Curious George area.

The cancelled Disney Halloween party in the other thread got me thinking.

>Disney launches a Halloween event in the Magic Kingdom.
>A villain takes over each land in the park.
>The lands get a makeover, with at least one ride being rethemed.
>Two special characters make exclusive appearances during the events, one hero, one villain.
>Main Street becomes DeVil Lane
>The steets have been scoured by Cruella searching for the puppies.
>Cruella, Horace, and Boris can be found skulking the streets.

>Tomorrowland becomes Turboland
>Sgt. Calhoun is hunting down rogue character Turbo, who has let loose Cybugs all over Tomorrowland.
>Space Mountan becomes Cybug Mountain, with projections of ravenous cybugs and a harrowing encounter with King Cybug in the end.
>Hero encounter with Calhoun has guests training to become Hero's Duty soldiers to fight the Cybug menace.
>Villain encounter has Turbo obsessively competing with guests in rock paper scissors, thumb wars, anything to prove he's the best.

>Fantasyland becomes Tragedyland.
>Maleficent has covered the land in thorns in her search for Aurora, who is in hiding with the three fairies.
>Seven Dwarves Mine Train becomes a tour into the depths of Maleficent's dungeons, complete with goons.
>Hero encounter has guests helping the fairies brew a potion to stop Maleficent and the other villains.
>Villain encounter has guests come face to face with Maleficent as she demands to know where Aurora is.

Not sure on Frontierland and Adventureland, but the grand finale would be a live show just before park closing where Sorcerer Mickey and the heroes drive the villains out, restoring order to the kingdom and thanking all the guests for their help.