Does anybody else on Sup Forums think about death? Can it be explained?

Does anybody else on Sup Forums think about death? Can it be explained?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FM0Pl80Zf00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What kind of meme is this? (sorry)
Hes not dead retard

Don't believe in yourself, don't deceive with belief
Knowledge comes with death's release
Aah-aah, aah-aah, aah-aah, aah-aah

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
-Donald Trump

I think about it from time to time.

It kinda fucks me up.

I'm depressed and struggling with people's beta views on life and existence as it is, so yea...

>Does anybody else on Sup Forums think about death?
theres a shitton of people here so the odds are not too bad
>Can it be explained?
yeah. you die when the brain functionality is severely inhibited for example due to damage or when it can't be nurtured properly anymore

Death is only a problem if you identify yourself with your body.

But thats ignorance according to Bhagavad gita, you are the one which resides in all living being and which cannot die or be born.

We should all be glad that faggot is dead

>Can it be explained?
Yes, it's the end of life

Everyday, every hour.

Cut the "deep inside I'm not sure if this is heresy or pseudo crap but i talk about it to feel better about being depressed"

Fear of death is part of "waking up". If you are just meh about it, you will never experience whatever you need to experience in your lifetime...

if I didnt have fear of death, I would be dead by now, wouldnt I?

but to be honest, I'm more afraid of the process of dying.

State where nothing makes you think

did he really say that? or is it a ruse

Same.

Okay answer my Slavic friend.

Nice to see fellow Gaudiya Vaishnavas on Sup Forums. Jai Sri Krsna

>implying we arent persians from Iran

That's fucking retarded. Obviously you're not your body, but you're not some non-body being, either. There is no "you" at all. I work at a book store. There is a bestseller shelf and a bestseller will go out and be restocked several times a week, sometimes once a shift. If you came in every day and each time saw three copies of the bestseller sitting at the same position of the same shelf, you'd be wrong to think that because the experiences appear the same to you that you are seeing the same books each time.

Duckduckgo is your friend

Being in this material world, we are wandering the cycle of birth and death, being absorbed in ephemeral matter. The human form of life is meant for stopping the transmigration and going back to the source aka Godhead.

>There is no "you" at all.

Yes, there is, known as the atma. The body is simply a vehicle for the soul, which continues after the material body perishes.

well, I have to believe in something. Atheism robs my life of any purpose, abrahamic religions look too ridiculous, so I guess I'm lucky to have stumbled on the gita (although it still leaves some questions open, but it would be stupid if you could find all the answers in a book)

No and no

Organic decay is normal user. Death is inevitable, what really bothers you about death? A painful death? A lonely death? The thought of being trapped in a limbo of sorts that can be anything from watching your family for the rest of eternity, a hell of some kind?

Or the not knowing of what comes after it? Or all of it combined?

Just stop fearing it, there's no point. Death comes for all of us, have your fear, your worry and your thoughts but don't dwell on them, when your time comes it comes and there is sweet fuck all you can do about it. That's the reality of it.

Like taxes... Fucking taxes.

Have you read the Bhagavad Gita as it is (by Srila Prabhupada)? If you are interested in this topic I would also recommend Nectar of Devotion and Teachings of Lord Chaitanya. From then you could graduate to Srimad Bhagavatam and Chaitanya Charitamrta. What questions do you believe remain unanswered?

What if I said pigs can fly? What if I had a special word for it--"spetma"? Does that make it true?

i dont fear the act of death, i just want it to be on my terms, which isnt a luxury i have.

>The body is simply a vehicle for the soul, which continues after the material body perishes.
I believe that too. But I also believe that there is only one soul, which experiences all bodies at the same time (I might be wrong, but only this makes any sense at all)

Not speaking my opinion, speaking from the authority of the Vedic scriptures.
If that were true there would be no reason to attain liberation. The whole simultaneous incarnations is very new age.

>What questions do you believe remain unanswered?
is there randomness, or does the atma choose everything??
do individuals have free will (as far I understood gita, its a NO)??
why is there a brahman (super consciousness)?

Seriously, check out the Bible. Don't believe everything the fedora-lords tell you.

>speaking from the authority of the Vedic scriptures.

what gives you the right?

>If that were true there would be no reason to attain liberation.
well yeah, liberation would be a "scam" by brahman to keep you striving for a bigger goal (a white lie to make your life happier)

My scripture says that if anything is x is is also simultaneously not-x. So, if it's Wednesday, it's also not Wednesday. Would you listen to what I say if I cited the "authority" of my "scriptures" whenever I disagree with you? New age fags like you are worse than both fedoras and born-agains. Do you poo in the loo at least?

>dont read other scriptures, they might be better than my scripture
t. nervous bible fag

Old or new testament? I've read both btw, I can draw comfort from religion but I don't take it at face value.

I can understand why people believe in deities, I find going to church very calming, if I'm stressed out, I sometimes will find a church and sit in it and it is just a nice atmosphere, quiet, peaceful, calming. It's weird, it's like they pump aerosolized valium into the air.

“Death, therefore, the most awful of evils, is nothing to us, seeing that, when we are, death is not come, and, when death is come, we are not.”
― Epicurus

We are all part of a cosmic greatness. Our bodies will die, but our energy will go on.

t. bosniak

the other scriptures need to step their game up, the followers of the bible are the ones who took over the world lmao

From my understanding our free will is very limited. Bramhan is only one stage of realization, next is paramatma realization and finally, realization of Bhagavan Sri Krsna himself.

Not saying it is proof, just saying where the information originated. Take it or leave it.

Initiated in the Gaudiya Vaishnava sampradaya.

>From my understanding our free will is very limited. Bramhan is only one stage of realization, next is paramatma realization and finally, realization of Bhagavan Sri Krsna himself.
Oh God are you one of those insane Hare Krishna nutcases that I see walking around with orange robes and weird white markings all over your face?

Cut that shit out.

Weird that you quoted Epicurus seeing as Epicurus didn't believe that. Your quote says that death is final and that's why you shouldn't fear it, then you make a statement that death is not final.

In my camp we wear pink, but you have the right idea

“I think that morals should be straightened up for a start. They’re disgusting. There will be a political figure in the not too distant future who’ll sweep through this part of the world like early rock ’n’ roll did. You probably hope I’m not right but I am…. You’ve got to have an extreme right front come up and sweep everything off its feet and tidy everything up. Then you can get a new form of liberalism."

David was pretty based at times desu

I'm saying that OP should at least give it a run through.

New Testament, Psalms, Proverbs. That's cool you can find a place to relax.

I know you lot browse the internet a lot, I've spoken with your kind a lot and I have one living down the road from me, you all have these weird first names like "Khemejala" - Your Name. Weirdos, stop spreading you disgusting cult bullshit, and you are a cult I know you are so don't place Mr Peace and Love here.

I didn't say our memories will go on. I was not suggesting an afterlife, per se. Just that we, as living beings, do contain energy, and upon death, it is released.

Not a cult, an ancient religious tradition that spans thousands of years.

op here. thanks for the replies.

Do Christians sound as ridiculous to you as you do to me right now?

>the followers of the bible are the ones who took over the world lmao
time changes everything. right now christianity is on decline. Most people I speak with are fedora tippers or very unsure about religion (agnostic). And croatia is supposed to be 90% christians. But many still keep going to church out of habbit and for cummunity building..

gita is very conflicting. on one hand it says its all up to the "elements" playing out. on the other hand it urges you to better yourself..

sure man, i read the bible.. at least the old testament. new testament was boring for me somehow.

but you are discuraging people from reading other scriptures, as if you are afraid that they might be more rational and appealing than yours. which is true from my perspective.

Ok.

What is ridiculous exactly? Just pointing our prominent scriptures in our religion.
The soul under the control of the three modes of material nature acts under their direction. We are trying to transcend these modes and attain the transcendental platform of pure bhakti.

every religion can be a base for a cult. I'm pretty sure there are cults which use Gita texts to get more members, just like Jehova witnesses use bible texts

Just the terminology you're using is so incredibly foreign to me that you might as well be making up words.

You can release energy right now by slamming your hand on the table or shaking your arms over your head. Did a part of you go on into the universe? Because when you die and decompose there isn't anything more than that that is "released". What you're saying is identical to saying that energy can't be created or destroyed, which is just a fundamental principle of physics that has no special significance for living things or human beings.

Will gladly clarify any confusion you may have.

the way you put it, it makes sense. maybe we could be in both modes, let the modes direct us or use our awareness to direct ourselves.

thx bro, i failed to see it that way before

>This

Stroke/Heart attack terrify me,

Anxiety is toxic / 10

Yeah, sometimes. I think about the finality of it. Kinda freaks me out but then I remember how many great men before me faces death with no fear. Makes me feel better.

psychedelics tend to help people come to terms with death

a spontaneous OOBE also helps

spoiler alert: you are more than your body or your mind, there is more to this world than your senses can see, and all the things you worry about don't ultimately matter once the tides of time have had their way.

Relax

I have had many near death experiences in my life.

I have started to believe nobody really dies. Sure we see people die and know that they are dead, but does that person know they are dead? What if there is no afterlife and we live eternally in our own minds?

I believe myself to be dead and live my life as if I already am.

>You can release energy right now by slamming your hand on the table or shaking your arms over your head. Did a part of you go on into the universe? Because when you die and decompose there isn't anything more than that that is "released".

You are right. However, what about the energy that fires the neurons to cause your meat to move? That seems to me a somewhat static energy.

Jws arent a cult you hare krishna faggot

of course christianity is on the decline, as the western world continues to become educated and learn science, naturally the majority of the population will become non-religious as an all-powerful entity is no longer required to explain why things happen in the world. less spirituality. its the product of an enlightened, educated society. such is life.

the fact that Islam and other religions are on the rise gives little credence to them and their scriptures. if anything it means that muslim communities who continue to believe in a God that acts as a force of nature are uneducated and the people who convert to Islam are uneducated.

so basically, if you really desparate enough to need to read scripture to find meaning in your life, at least read the bible because at least Christianity is the religion that influenced the West, the most prosperous, advanced, and dominant culture of the globe. reading other scriptures will just lump you in with a bunch retarded, radical backwater shitheads (ie islam)

lmao "an ancient religious tradition that spans thousands of years." who gives a fuck that ancient people wore pink robes and facepaint, you don't have to wear that shit to be spiritual or to believe in whatever it is you believe in. if you live in the west, and you unironically wear a robe and fucking facepaint because of your religion, its pretty much a dead-on sign that you're in a cult.

We store potential energy in fat. I guess that could be your soul.

*if you are really desperate enough
*just lump you in with a bunch of retarded radical backwater shitheads

damn typos man

>you don't have to wear that shit to be spiritual or to believe in whatever it is you believe in

Of course. A person can practice Krishna consciousness in a suit just the same as a person wearing dhoti and tilak. The advantage of wearing the latter is that it reminds the onlookers of Lord Krsna.

Life is freaking fragile man...

Whether you die today in War or in 80 years thanks to advanced medicine, the end is the same, painful and inescapable.

All that matters is happiness and the legacy that you left behind for the greater good for your family, community, allies etc.

Theism is a coping mechanism. When you die you don't exist anymore. All your memories are permanently deleted.

Sometime I wonder if it even matters when you die?

>you are more than your body or your mind
never experienced that, but this is pretty much my takeaway from the gita.

>as an all-powerful entity is no longer required to explain why things happen in the world
lol, that doesnt explain the reasons why you shouldnt be a sociopath and why you should live in the first place, since sooner or later everything will die (even the universe)

I mean, just watched season 4 of breaking bad. if you are a fedora tipper, you'd probably agree with this asshole and justify his sociopaths actions

*the walking dead, not breaking bad

Rip to the Sup Forumsacks who are literally dead now

i only think about the ch ch ch changes

>The advantage of wearing the latter is that it reminds the onlookers of Lord Krsna.
I think wearing robes and facepaint will only deter onlookers from wanting to believe in this 'Lord Krsna.' It just makes you come off as crazy to people. And honestly you probably are crazy for wearing that dumb shit. Unless by 'onlookers' you mean 'fellow members of your cult'?

You don't need religion or spirituality to be an adjusted member of society or to have reasons to live, m8.
You shouldn't be a sociopath and the like because our evolution has made us compassionate and empathetic. The most succesful societies in our world are the ones with empathy, compassion, and the rule of liberty and law. And the reasons to live? Well, the reasons to live are mostly to have a good life and enjoy it, and for bigger things, to advance science and human knowledge and to push the frontier, because perhaps one day in the future humanity will be able to uncover the reasons the universe is the way it is.
Just because the universe is inherently meaningless doesn't mean you have to have a meaningless life m8 like really. Humans give purpose to their world, humans enhance and build their world beyond what it ever could have been without them. That's kind of being pretty philosophical and bullshity but IDK I guess it's how I look at things.

don't remember that dude from breaking bad, is that the walking dead? but basically, I'm not a fedora tipper, I'm probably the closest you can get to being a christian without actually being one. I was raised an atheist, but my fedora-tipping days are over and I see the worth and value and influence that Christianity has had and continue to has on the world, and I appreciate Christianity.
I would say fedora tippers are kind of edgelords so they probably would say "hurr dur sociopaths have it rite lol", but like I said I'm not a fedora tipper lol.

This. RIP

also I guess I should add that the reason I'm not a christian is that I simply just don't believe in God, which is pretty much essential for being a Christian lmao

>to be an adjusted member of society
an sociopath is an adjusted member of society. they do pretty well tbqh

I don't know if there is a god

But i think there is something after this life.

I believe we live our lives to experience a particular set of people and events. When we are done with this life, perhaps we see something else.

I don't know for sure, but I believe something tries to communicate with me through actions and not-so-subtle signs

Either to show me or even to comfort me.

---

My cat passed away a couple of days ago. She was my first pet and the first creature i ever loved.

I watched tv and laid down with her the last two days... And on one of those days the series finale of Gravity Falls was playing

If you havent seen it, it tells people to learn to let go, grow up, move on, but also to face things together

It gave me the courage to let the doctor euthenize her... We had no choice, she had given ip on life and only had a few hours more to live

I was there at the last moments... I found the courage to face it with her, I couldn't let her go alone, without her knowing i loved her.

It was a very painful moment.

You ask if we think about death... I do. I cried for days but then I felt not alone. Like she came back to me, in spirit if nothing else.

Had I done things differently, had I been a coward and not faced it with her, she may not have come back to my heart and I would be in pain right now.

I hope this helps somewhat user. Think about death but remember to celebrate life. Do everything you can for the ones you love and neither they nor god can hold it against you.

Pic related, our last day together.

yeah, sociopaths can be adjusted members of society. that doesn't change anything I said. if everyone was emotionless, apathetic sociopaths, society wouldn't exactly function very well. empathy and community is one of the essential building blocks of civilization

Sorry for your loss m8

Appreciate it.

I know all of this. I started reading Richard Dawkins "The selfish gene", I feel into a depression 50 pages in and deleted the fuckng book.

Life cant be that shallow as fedora tippers portray it. It is not a coincidence that you guys are the unhappiest category of any group.

>Atheism robs my life of any purpose

nonsense.

You're sentient. How blessed to be aware of your surroundings and yet here you are bitching about a lack of "purpose"?

Create your own purpose.

>I started reading Richard Dawkins "The selfish gene", I feel into a depression 50 pages in and deleted the fuckng book.

Holy shit it makes sense now.

You need to finish that book.

>Create your own purpose.

everything I can think of is shallow if there is no religion to support it.

I'm not going to finish it. I'm not denying that he is right in his observations about biology, evolution and natures strategies.

But if thats all there is to life, it is just sad. I would off myself if I believed there isn't more to this than atoms and molecules

this is just me but I honestly feel no depression or sadness knowing that the universe and existence is 'meaningless' and that humanity and civilization are just insignificant by-products of a universe that's incomprehensibly big. (I would say that meaningless sort of has a negative connotation to it. maybe a better way to say it is that the universe wasn't created for humans specifically? the universe has meaning because humans give it meaning.) Also, I wouldn't exactly call life 'shallow' by any margin, the universe is incomprehensibly complex and for me its fascinating to see how/why it works and figure out things.

this honestly. Also I guess I'll have to read 'The Selfish Gene' now

I mean yeah I guess if that makes you feel sad then read your scripture and what not to be happy

>everything I can think of is shallow if there is no religion to support it
honestly I can't see why you think that, but IDK. I guess if you do think that then you're right in believing in whatever you believe in

I constantly ruminate about death. I can't stop thinking about when I will die. I think I am afraid that when I die, I will be alone for an eternity. I don't want to do that...

>everything I can think of is shallow if there is no religion to support it.

You're obviously aware that "purpose" is meaningless. So just enjoy yourself. Be aware of the uniqueness of your sentience and enjoy life.

>But if thats all there is to life, it is just sad. I would off myself if I believed there isn't more to this than atoms and molecules

You're suffering from an existential crisis. You'll get over it by either accepting that "it just is" or by filling the void with some spiritual nonsense.

Quantum entanglement which leads to instant teleportation but destroys the original in the process. When you are born you become entangled with your matching particles in some other dimension.

Upon death, the entanglement occurs once again transferring all the information and memories to the other side while destroying your soul in the process. Which is why you leave behind an empty shell that cannot be resurrected.

If by laws of physics information is preserved, then your memories should also be preserved and not simply lost upon death.

The famous light at the end of the tunnel that people see in near death experiences is basically their soul trying to phase to the other dimension but failing.

The reason you see your life flash before you is your memories being transferred to the other side for preservation and you are observing it happen at the very last minute. Since time is relative, for all we know we are all simply reliving our memories on the death bed and our entire life is just one second before death.

Just read the sermon on the mount with an open mind. There's a lot of good stuff about how to be a decent person.

Everyday, couldn't care less, if you're not prepared to die at any moment then you're not really living

All your hopes and dreams will last for a moment, and you will be dead for eternity

I don't really want to die, but i'm not going to try and escape death either. You die when you die

well, its easier for me to view it from a different perspective.

As I said, I believe there is one conciousness (you can call it God) which creates this universe for itself and experiences it.

its like those buddhist creating those mandalas, as soon as they finish them (which takes months), they destroy them and start over.

Thats whant I like to think about this universe, Gods playground, which he uses to distracth himself from the fact that he is the only thing that exists

Actually kill yourself

I bet you're the type that only listens to 'muh classical' and church music

>Thats whant I like to think about this universe, Gods playground, which he uses to distracth himself from the fact that he is the only thing that exists

nonsense

wrong board, go back to /po/

btw...I also understand why ancient vikings and other cultures would bury themselves with their riches and slaves and other artifacts. I totally get it. Death is a path you walk alone. Sure you have family and friends to hold your hand if you are lucky enough not to die suddenly. But you know, in your own mind you are about to leave this place. To walk through a door alone. You do not want to be alone. To leave your family behind...your friends. I understand why they brought things with them to the after life.

youtube.com/watch?v=FM0Pl80Zf00

thats what many people experience on bad psychedelic trips though. Thats what all religions say (even though many people find it hard to accept this and misunderstand it on purpose)

but you see, as hard as it is for you to accept this, its the same way for me to accept Richard Dawkins point of view

I never read it, I just did hallucinogenic drugs

From what I'm told you get generally the same message though

>thats what many people experience on bad psychedelic trips though

Oh please, you're full of superstition.

IT. JUST. IS.

I wish I could slap that into you physically like a true Zen monk would.