There are people who bitch about CN in its current state

>there are people who bitch about CN in its current state
>there are people who think CN is "worse than ever nowadays"

Whine all you want, but CN will never reach the low point they did from 2007-2009. Anyone who says otherwise was simply not there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uT3dRgy_vq0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Even though I think CN is trash nowadays, the 2009 era was a fucking embarrassment. I don't disagree with you on this OP.

just wait till the whole channel gets taken over by TumblrPuff Girls

This thread is going to die real fast. No obvious baits to be detected, nothing to discuss on

Come on OP, try harder

And what a low point it was.

This era doesn't even come close to the incredible lows that CN reached in the late 2000's. I think people are mad because for the first time cartoons aren't pandering towards them, they're more skewed towards appealing to children with shows like TTG and NuPPG and those weird tv spots that feature kids talking about cartoons and shit.

Can you believe this shit

A lot of people bash the shit out of Stuart Snyder for the live-action programming, but they're forgetting that Jim Samples was the one who greenlit the movie that started it all right before he resigned.

I find it odd that people say CN declined after the Boston bomb scare, when it actually decline 5 weeks before that.

>implying even tumblr could like that show

literally no one likes that show

Idk I thought cnreal was pretty ok..or at least I feel the shows were good and would've been received better if they weren't on cartoon network

People thought this movie's promotion was a bomb threat?

that movie wasn't the problem the problem was CN Real and the fact that the Ceo was literally on record saying he disliked cartoons and wanted to get rid of them

The people of Boston are retarded

Yes, and the movie set off the chain reaction that led to CN Real. They were already filming Out of jimmy's head by the time Snyder came in.

Even if Samples stayed, he probably would've also gone in the same direction. Nick and Disney were getting ahead of CN with Hannah Montana and iCarly at that time, and CN needed competition. The late 2000s were a time where animation was being strangled by live action sitcoms.

Does CN even care about 2016 PPG? I haven't seen any ads for it on CN .

>and those weird tv spots that feature kids talking about cartoons and shit.
When has this ever appealed to children? I'm pretty sure kids would still prefer something like CN City instead of other kids getting to be on TV when they themselves think they deserve it more.

On the topic of Re-Animated, I think the major issue is that it was a live-action film that was attempting to play like an animated film. Crazy side-characters, ridiculous (although original) plot, among other things. I feel bad for Dominic James. He was a pretty okay actor.

they just air it constantly along with Teen titans Go

What emotion is he trying to convey?

sure but I don't recall CN even fighting back with bad teen bait sitcoms like Hannah Montana and iCarly

i just remember shitty game shows and reality tv kinda stuff

>iCarly
Why did the worst character from Drake and Josh get her own show anyways? I can't think of anyone that actually liked that cunt.

>the Boston Police Department stated in their defense that the ad devices shared "some characteristics with improvised explosive devices," which they said included an "identifiable power source, a circuit board with exposed wiring, and electrical tape."

still better than that time Drake was a live action Timmy Turner

i'm sorry those 3 times

2012-2013 was also bad.

fuck you this show wasn't that bad

Tower Prep was also actually sort of interesting but it got cancelled pretty early

I remember reading a review of the show where all the reviewer did was rant about how the actor's hair is long and how he needs "scissors, please"

>the Ceo was literally on record saying he disliked cartoons and wanted to get rid of them

This fucking baffles me. Why the hell would you take the job as CEO of CARTOON Network if you hate Cartoons?
Did he seriously think it'd be a good idea to do a hostile takeover like that?

He was the major problem in those movies. Pretty embarrassing when a voice actor completely outclassed you, I'm referring to Timmys Dad.

Snyder NEVER ONCE said he hated cartoons. Show me an interview or a quote of him saying that.

You're just going by word-of-mouth memes that were posted on 9gag or Facebook.

I studied there. People in town are nice, but holy shit were the state police complete meatheads.

Thanks for reminding me of that horseshit. I'm glad it only lasted about a year.

When I was a kid, I always preferred seeing the cartoon characters hanging out instead random kids talking about cartoons.

ARE YOU READY, user?

Yeah, why watch kids talk about cartoons when you can watch them yourself? At least with the characters interacting it was like you were getting extra cartoons.

The real problem with Level Up is that the show showed that RL people could be sucked into the computer. How in the world a nerd boy wouldn't make a copy of the hot chick to then clone endlessly, edit and use for his own lewd needs escapes me--- unless he was gay and just acting straight. In which case, he should do that to the boys he liked.

>At least with the characters interacting it was like you were getting extra cartoons.

And, as a kid, that was the best feeling.

youtube.com/watch?v=uT3dRgy_vq0

We're not mad the "current era" is bad we're mad that every era after Toon City was bad.

We should have seen the end was nigh when they started milking Fred Fred Burger and Cheese in TV bumps.

Yup. No disagreement here

I wish they would just put out the 3D files for the city so that somebody could turn it into a gmod map or something else that people could fuck about in.

You are completely correct

Let's just accept that things started to go ugly around 2005, when executives thought that Camp Lazlo and Juniper Lee were good ideas

WATCH OUT NORMIES

bungo

It was right around the time that live-action Friday Night block was popular. Probably wanted to experiment with more live stuff.

NEVER FORGET

Dem Squirrel Boy reruns

Bro, sixteen is fucking amazing.

It's just Canadian king of the hill

Cable would be absolutely worthless if Cartoon Network and their subchannels like Boomerang didn't exist.

The only people who think CN is worse than ever nowadays are Facebook 90s kids who dont watch CN nowadays and have been saying it for the last 5 years

I enjoyed the episodes of 6teen I watched.

no, Adventure Time was at the height of its popularity back then, an nobody even noticed this one

I think they did at one point
it was called FusionFall