twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rebirth is great though

Who?

The man who gave us this:

youtube.com/watch?v=0fZVA9TPwj8

Dinner with Stan Lee.

You dont even know what he does.

BvS was amazing though.

The first thing he did as head of WB was confirming 10 DC films to replace the Harry Potter movies,

which was a HUGE mistake and resulted in other films like Edge of Tomorrow flopping.

movies are WB not DC, if you think he's killing WB say that but that has nothing to do with DC (which is great right now)

I'm feeling younger already, True Believer! Excelsior!

That scene was so fucking surreal. It started in WWII London with the air raids then out of nowhere this.

Put a gun to his head and force him to greenlight a Harley/Ivy rom-com

Yeah but he's pooling so many resources into DC films (that still suck) to the point where the entire WB suffers as a result. Movies like Edge of Tomorrow should not have shit marketing, and Pan should have never been greenlighted in the first place.

WB under Alan Horn was amazing. He prioritized creating new fans for movies instead of trying to pander to nostalgia and existing fanbases. He also knows how to balance budgets which allows for WB to spend marketing money on Million Dollar Baby while promoting the Harry Potter and Nolanbat Franchises.

Also, Kevin Tsujihara prioritized trying to please current fanbases for DC movies unlike Alan Horn who emphasizes on creating new fanbases for movies. Under Alan Horn, WB created new fanbases for the Harry Potter movies and the Batman films and also ended the association between Batman and the Schumacher movies.

That's why the DC films are so "dark" because he's pandering to the Nolan fanboys whereas Alan Horn believes that creating movies like Frozen and GoTG would have new kids flock to Disney.

LETS KICK HIS ASS!!!!!!!

This. They can beat Marvel to the punch and usurp their progressive throne

>That's why the DC films are so "dark" because he's pandering to the Nolan fanboys whereas Alan Horn believes that creating movies like Frozen and GoTG would have new kids flock to Disney.
but Snyder deals in hyper stylized comic book style imagery.
Nolan was a poor man's Micheal Mann.

He's ruining DC's image on popular culture though. With so many bad movies and diminishing returns one wonders how much the brand can resist. That and the fact that the movies aren't for kids, which will also affect the comics in the long run. If kids don't like DC how are they going to grow up to become comic writers and actually understand DC characters?

The problem with Alan Horn was that he didn't do shit with DC in 10 years. They never had a clue what to do with these characters. They just were extremely lucky they stumbled upon Nolan and his Batman.

>With so many bad movies
name one

How involved do you think Geoff Johns is with WB and do you think he was the reason Suicide Squad cut so many scenes?

..........Now that you mention it, what if that's what happened? They listened to a shit writer and it bit htem in the ass.

>He's ruining DC's image on popular culture though.
hmm no.
That's zack snyder and his wife "who happens to be an executive" fault. And DC because its overrated as fuck by man babies.

Mavhel also sucks cause its run by man babies.

But the thing is that Nolan knows Batman and had a vision for Batman films whereas Snyder sees Batman as something that could be raped in prison.

And Alan Horn knows how to sell ideas to adults, teens and even children.

Even Snyder working under Horn was a success. The success of 300 was a mixture of Snyder's direction and Alan Horn's marketing power, something that Tsujihara has struggled to do.

I really just don't give a fuck. Gerard Way will inspire more new comic writers than movies ever did.

WB has other things going for it other than DCEU

>sees Batman as something that could be raped in prison.
reminder that other than killing (which both Burton and Nolan(arguably) bats also did) Snyder put Batman on film better than anyone else yet.

fine fine, critically panned and financially underperforming (not flops by any means, but certainly not the billion dollar hits they were looking for)
This is not "MY OPINION IS THE MOST IMPORTANNT" this is, "look at the facts and try to predict what will happen"

No the real problem is we are getting old and comics are becoming more PC. I mean look at marvel they are race changing, gender swapping characters and dc/wb will turn out the same. The new age is here I mean look at suicide squad the reason it did good was because the fans were young pre teens who liked the Harley and joker relationship. I am a DC fan but that movie was not that good in the end we just have to hope that we live long enough to see a good reboot.

>I read Cerebus

THat was all Affleck. He made it work and used his Oscar chip to hired Chris Terrio.

The film still sucked.

>The film still sucked.
Why don't I believe you?

>I didn't read Cerebus so I'll attempt to use it as a blanket insult without realizing this makes me sound like a mong

The cinematography is garbage, the writing's a mess, Landis Luther sucked and most of the acting outside Irons and Affleck were complete shit.

hit too close too home huh

The DC hate shilling continues...

>The cinematography is garbage, the writing's a mess, Landis Luther sucked and most of the acting outside Irons and Affleck were complete shit.
1. ur rong

2. i no ur just shitposting because yuo called Jesse Eisenberg Max Landis.

I hope Ben works with the writers from rocksteady who made the arkham games and the people who worked on batman the animated series they know how to design villians unlike Jared leto joker and killer croc.

Just really sick of Sup Forums faggots thinking you know shit about these characters and what makes them good
>DON'T LIKE SNYDER YOU MUST BE AN INDIEFAGGOT LOL BECAUSE EVERY REAL SUPERMAN FAN LOVES THE COMPLETELY WATERED DOWN AND MISHANDLED ADAPTATIONS THAT I WANK OVER BECAUSE I'M TOO ILLITERATE TO READ A COMIC BOOK

>Thinking that the cinematography and writing were good

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

And yes, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor reminds me of Max Landis. So what?

So true, why even get our hopes up

but your claim was that DC and Marvel COMICS suck.
dont backtrack now phamily

Is the rest of the movie as great as that?

dumb frogposter

>i dont read comics the post

True time is such a bitch what's next a black Mary Jane

> becoming PC

They don't have a choice. (and FYI: DC is doing it a little half-assed)
The problem is that America and it's youth market aren't taught to be as racist as it used to be, so you can't just have an entirely white male cast of superheroes.
(most of who have origin stories about how they're born better than everyone else)
DC still has a lot to learn. But Marvel learned this lesson early on.
There was a time when Captain America screamed out racist slurs as he punched offensive stereotypes and the WW2 era readers thought that was normal.
But then when the Silver Age rolled around Marvel had comics featuring lessons about tollerance and acceptance, The X-Men were all minorities in their world and the comic made arguments on behalf of being inclusive, the Incredible Hulk and heroic Ben Grimm were wrongly seen as monsters in people's eyes because of appearances, and there was a literally empowered woman on every superhero team. They even turned Captain America into a hippie.
And what happened? They cornered the burnout beatnik hippie market.
DC was left behind until they turned Batman into a complete joke and made a TV show.
It's about the consumer marketplace, not politics.

Kind of.

Hugh Jackman hacks it up. A lot.

The thing is, I think that scene could work if it was better directed.
But it's not.

As long as the apologists keep eating that shit and call it caviar, we will not get a good dc movie.

>apologists
wut

Batman killed in comics more people than Captain America did.

the Snyder apologists, duh

not my fault you have shit taste

Maybe Horn didn't do anything with DC because it was clear they didn't have a clue what to do with the license?

You basically just confirm how right is

No?
Liking good things does not make one an apologist.

i cringe so hard i wish i could shot kurt cobain with a shot gun

>there are people who think this is amazing
i think everyone needs to die now

No

It's very generic chosen one story that bombed badly. Huge Jackman seemed to be having fun though.

Fuck off Disneyslut. This man is the reasson there's a DCEU in the first place

A DCEU that constantly gets bad critics reviews and hampers the marketing and development of good films like Edge of Tomorrow is not a DCEU worth fighting for.

Marvel Studios is the reason there's a DCEU, user

But I heard Kevin Tsundere was hopping mad at the edit hackjob for Suicide Squad

>Edge of Tomorrow
overrated meme movie with a shit finale

And yet still better than Batman vs. Superman

pfffttt

'no'

I really would have like the idea that Neverland is a bizzare mashup of all time and space if it didnt come off as so lame.

>Implying a film with shit cinematography, writing and terrible female actresses is better than a film with great cinematography, good writing and fantastic acting by Emily Blunt.

Sure thing, DCuck.

LEgo and harry Potter yes

I dont know

He let Zack Snyder make Batman v Superman and take as long as he wanted

But then he rushed out that crappy David Ayer flick Suicide Squad and cut up his original pitch (no doubt the script is crap tho)

I dont whats going on

critic reviews are worthless. I personally loved MoS and BvS and what did they get on RT? 56% and 27% approval rating.

It's not just me either. Suicide squad got raped by the numale ubersensitive shittics as well and yet it's still the top grossing movie for the third straight week.

And focusing on DC doesnt mean WB's ignoring other properties. Edge of Tomorrow's getting a sequel, there's a new Harry Potter spinoff, Godzilla-Kong universe is in full swing and if you're one of those people, WB's also making oscarbait such as War Dogs and Collateral Beauty.

STOP.FUCKING.COMPLAINING

last one kiddo

>I personally loved MoS and BvS and what did they get on RT? 56% and 27% approval rating.
this
wtf is wrong with people

>TFA sitting at 90 something
the sun is setting on the west desu

What in the mother fuck is happening

>War Dogs and Collateral Beauty.
>Oscarbait

Do you even know what that is?

They look nothing like Oscarbait. Hacksaw Ridge is Oscarbait. Birth of a Nation is Oscarbait. Lord of War starring Jonah Hill is not Oscarbait.

Also,

the following movies:

>Jupiter Ascending.
>Get Hard.
>Hot Pursuit.
>Max.
>Vacation.
>Pan.
>Point Break

should have never been greenlighted in the first place. PAN? Seriously?

No one thinks that a Peter Pan PREQUEL would be a good idea. If someone suggested that to me I'd beat the shit out of him. Just look at and I can tell you that any studio that does that is not a functioning studio.

You like those DC movies? Good for you. But that does not change the fact that DC got shit reviews, there are more people who did not like it than like it and Warner Brothers is being mismanaged by Kevin Tsujihara,

>But that does not change the fact that DC got shit reviews

I kinda think that too. But Man of Steel was OKAY. And SS was garbage.

It's not argument? Sure.

But it's REALITY.

>SS was garbage
not even close
what's the deal with all this hyperbole
it was an entertaining flick that i'd rather watch than most action trash these days

>but Snyder deals in hyper stylized comic book style imagery.
He deals in it poorly, without the context and emotional content that made the imagery what it was in the first place.

nope
but keep meme hustling

Just because you don't agree, doesn't mean it's a hyperbole.

Most people believe it was garbage.

if you walk out of a star wars 7 suicide squad double feature and hate SS more, then suicide (killing yourself) is the only option

Leto implied that Kevin was the reason why SS got so fucked up in the editing.

I'm still sad over Suicide Squad. I went in with low expectations but I actually ended up liking most of the cast a lot, as well as many individual scenes, but the entire movie was so chopped to shit and the editing was so spastic it turned out a mess. I feel like this could've been so much better, and whoever has final edit on these movies needs to either get their shit together or get sacked.

>But the thing is that Nolan knows Batman
bullshit

>there are more people who did not like it than like it
Thats not actually true, didnt Mos and BvS have higher dvd and blu-ray sales then all the mcu films have combined

>blah blah it's Sup Forums fault blah blah

He hasn't got a creative bone in his body, he's a guy who looks at other's peoples spreadsheets and data and says yes when they say it looks good.

Last December when he loved the early cut of BvS? Well of course he did, he doesn't know shit about the characters and probably thought this is what fans will like cuz that is what he was told by people who were SUPPOSED to be in the know.

I'd almost give him a pass except he still has Diane Nelson in charge of DC. HER head should fall for all of this.

the early cut, which im assuming was the snyder cut was great tho.

out of interest tho who is Nelson and what has she done

You misspelled WB.

Greenlight many more flops and fewer hits than his predecessor?

>citation needed

Holy shit that was fantastic. Is that the only good scene in the movie? Because i heard that it was offensively mediocre and bland, but that scene was surprisingly inspired.

This is ART.

Man of Steel
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
Suicide Squad

Literally not a single person in this thread has even an iota of understanding to the inner workings of a global conglomerate or any idea what Kevin Tsujihara does or even who he is.

The only reason you're blaming him is because of that obviously fake Anonymous letter written by someone with just as much understanding of the industry as you do.

>Max

Why? It's mercenary as hell, but shit movies like this make a tidy sum in the midwest and don't cost much to make. Literally every major studio makes a movie like this from time to time.

>Most people believe it was garbage.

Objectively not true though

I honestly love this scene, so much.

What put me off the film was fucking Hook.