We wuz mathemuhtishunz an' shiet

archive.is/MKjI6

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/people/terrence-howard-thinks-1x1-2-has-a-secret-system-called-terryology-and-spends-17-hours-a-day-making-10502365.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_number
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3_KqkI9Zo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleph_number
youtube.com/watch?v=SrU9YDoXE88
rollingstone.com/tv/news/terrence-howards-dangerous-mind-20150914
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The dumbest nigger in Hollywood

>"There's nothing worse than being a broke movie star," said the actor.

>So he focused his attention on Terryology, devoting up to 17 hours a day to cutting up wires and plastic to form building-block-like contraptions he believes will bring truth to the universe. He's created his own symbols so no one can steal his ideas; patents are involved.

Wouldn't want whitey to steal his inventions now would he?

Wow, I have no words

sheeit, thought he was gonna say something like "1 x 1 = 1, but you have to multiply TWO ones together so its really 2"

but nope, he thinks the square root of 2 is 1

>thought he was gonna say something like "1 x 1 = 1, but you have to multiply TWO ones together so its really 2"

the "some infinities are bigger than others" garbage?

I wonder what he thinks 1x2 equals?

2 x 2 = 2 + 2

4 x 4 = 4 + 4

I think you mean 1 x 1 = 1 + 1

Someone could've saved this dude a huge amount of time and grief if they'd showed him this little gem.

>memetrand (jimmy) russell

shig

independent.co.uk/news/people/terrence-howard-thinks-1x1-2-has-a-secret-system-called-terryology-and-spends-17-hours-a-day-making-10502365.html

Nigga did you just call Principia Mathematica a meme?

>the "some infinities are bigger than others" garbage?
How is that relevant and how is cardinality garbage?

WE WUZ THANGZ has taken more black lives than AIDS.

But that is true

Example:

How many numbers are there? Infinity.

How many numbers are there that aren't 5? Also infinity, but obviously fewer than the other answer.

kek

wh-what?

The foundations of this work is rock solid. It only gets fucked when they suppose that every system can be known.

anyone have the clip of this guy getting angry at someone when he's trying to explain that 1x1=2?

Infinity isn't a quantity you git. Infinity minus 1 is a meaningless statement. Just as infinity plus 1 is equally meaningless. Quit now.

You just rediscovered set theory nigga, a few centuries late but well done.

>This nigger doesn't even understand math.

B-But both those infinities are the same size.

Holy shit what a retard. didn't he just get fucked over in a divorce too?

God dam nigger God dam

You guys realize that actors take their movie roles seriously and he was in Iron Man and thinks he's still in character in case they have follow ons.

Only he got replaced by Don Cheadle because Cheadle is darker.

I got the grain & pyramids yo

BTFO by Godel and Witty

what is (3/3)x(5/5)

I really hate his facial expressions...

He always looks like he's thinking hard about KFC or something..

13.47/13.47

Is this a troll? There is such a thing as different cardinalities of infinity (i.e. Bigger or smaller infinities) but those two infinities would be the same...

>here is such a thing as different cardinalities of infinit
explain

1-1+1-1+1-1+1-...= 1/2

>but nope, he thinks the square root of 2 is 1
The square root of 2 isn't a real number right?
What's it used for then?

this guy is good
NOT

The set of integers is smaller than the set of all countable ordinal numbers

There's set infinity of whole numbers (integers), and fractions that can be listed: {1,2,3...}, {1/2, 1/3, 2/3...}.

And then there's one that can't be listed. Guess what kinda numbers they are?

And there's the OTHER area of infinity set which is an UNSOLVABLE (or something like that) problem in mathematics.

They're memeing or lying for attention.

You can graduate high school if you think the square root of 2 is 2.

It's probably part of some media campaign.

Theres a thing called countably infinite. That means if you had an infinite list, you could list every thing that creates the infinity. One example is the whole numbers you can list them like this, 0,1,-1,2,-2,..... follow the pattern and you'll cover the entire set. Now you can't do this for every infinity, like the real numbers. That standard proof to show this is as follows.

Assume that we are wrong and that there does exist a list that could list every real number between 0 and 1. If we can prove this is false its obviously false if for the entire reals. The list would look like
.a1a2a3a4...
.b1b2b3b4....
.c1c2c3c4....
where a1,a2,...,c3,c4 are all numbers so what i just listed were decimals.
Now im going to create a new number,
.e1e2e3e4....
with a certain rule that e1=/=a1. So if a1=6 then let e1 be 5. Similairly e2=/=b2, so if b2=9 let e2 be 3. Then follow this pattern and we get a number .e1e2e3e4.... which was not part of our list, but is still a real number. Thus our list did not contain every real number and there for the reals are uncountable.

dude that guy isn't going to understand the aleph transinfinite set don't even try

It's real, but not rational.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_number

Checkmate atheists

Of course the square root of 2 is real user, do you know what the square root function looks like?

>hops on a board full of STEM types
>argues about infinity with them

Didn't the ancient greeks run into this problem like 1200 years ago and sperg out because they didn't want to believe in the existence of irrational numbers?

just like the guy OP is posting about?

Neanderthal-mongrel science is based on lies and brothers are NOT gonna stand for it.

Yeah they threw the guy off a bridge after beating him.

1 × 1 = 2

(Dis)proof by contradiction.
Assume, to the contrary, that 1 × 1 = 2. Then 1 = 2/1 which implies that 1 = 2, which is false. The premise has lead to a false conclusion, therefore 1 x 1 =/= 2.

QED.

x < x^2 < x^5 < x^x, even as x approaches infinity.

here's another one:

Infinite set of integers and infinite set Fibonacci numbers are the same size to each other.

Further mind blowing:
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3_KqkI9Zo

yeah git em leeroy!!!!

>american edumathcation

> One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told its two, and that cannot be.
>so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told its two
>the square root of two
>its two
Wow, what the fuck? If someone's told him sqrt(2)=2 then I'm not surprised he's confused.

>but nope, he thinks the square root of 2 is 1
im pretty sure theres some branch of mathematics where his math is actually correct lel

That's true, but that's the value of a number.
What were talking about is different set of infinities aka Aleph.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleph_number
Using that we can reason that:
{1,2,3,...} match up to {n^n set} or any other huge/ small(fraction) number set that is infinite and listable.

Btw as x equals infinity: x=x^2=x^5=x^x.

>Btw as x equals infinity: x=x^2=x^5=x^x.
>infinity
>believing in reals

Logic is just white privilege codified

I had no idea Sup Forums had so many mathematicians. I'd never heard of Aleph numbers before, but I only went up to calc 2 and basic discrete math.
Since you're here, what do you think of the axiom of choice? I think its a load of steaming bullshit, but my indian roommate was the biggest shill for it.

*sips tea*

Holy crap.

>Misunderstands grade 7 math
>Forever

Someone should make WE WUZES from all of this. I'm quite certain we could make the nogs start denying elementary math.

Bet he really regrets trying to play hardball with Jews on Iron Kike 2.

>Dividing by zero
I was gonna insult you but I'll just report your post instead.

The last two lines of that can be simplified as 2(0) = 1(0)
0 = 0.

> "How can it equal one? If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told its two, and that cannot be."

>what is multiplicative identity
god damn what a retard, no wonder he droped out.

>dropped out when he realized that he fundamentally disagreed with his professors about the basics of math

It's a rare and special thing, but once in a while you run into someone who's actually ineducable.

only if 1< x though

>"how many ways can you place 1 thing?"
Ayy yo hol up
AY YO HOL UP HOL UP

{1+2+3+4+...} = -1/12.

Now that's fucked up, and yet used in string theory or some shit.

Not a mathematician, just came to understand aleph 0 and 1 from this: youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3_KqkI9Zo
Or similar video which I forget.

>Axiom of choice
Only understand the cardinality part, but not it's meaning. Axiom of choice seem like a good (I don't know if it's true or not) attempt to try explain parts of math.

Like Everett Many Universes, which is one of the best interpretation of Quantum Mechanics. Which is simple and yet mind blowing.

Good ol' Witty.

Terrence Howard played Rhodes in Iron Man 1.

During the shoot he decided that he wouldnt continue filming unless he got paid as much as Robert Downey Jr. Downey, being annoyed and just wanting to finish up the movie, told the studio to dock his pay to the point that he and Howard made the same amount and filming resumed.

As a result, Howard was taken off the series and replaced by Don Cheadle, and he was shitlisted around Hollywood for a while.

Spam him with pic related

>Non labeled axis
Well obviously every square on the x-axis is a distance of 2, while the y-axis is a distance of 1.

>How many numbers are there? Infinity.

>How many numbers are there that aren't 5? Also infinity, but obviously fewer than the other answer

That's the most retarded shit I have ever read.

Those sets have the same cardinality you fagtard

so what's the problem?

He can make his own math if he wants to. If he doesn't contradict his own rules it's fine.

As far as nigger things to do, this one is among the least bad.

But there are (theoretically that is) larger infinities

See: youtube.com/watch?v=SrU9YDoXE88

1x1=1 dumbass nigger

>Theoretically
Just keep taking the power set of the previous infinity.

Pedowood is probably paid him to go along with a story like this. Make blacks feel stupid, and whites feel racist. No surprise they're pushing the racial divide, and the reactions in this thread just prove how easy it is to do so.

You mean vice versa as in y/x=2? Either way you (Mr. Howard) would jut down the numbers for every axis according to that rule and AHA 1*1=2!

But! What is 2*2? Or any other square/root?

isn't this why Cantor killed himself

infinite trans? that triggers me

Why nigger so stupid?

>How many numbers are there? Infinity.
>How many numbers are there that aren't 5? Also infinity, but obviously fewer than the other answer.

Ok, so how does that explain how 1x1=2 ?

R,,,right.

Black man does something stupid so it's the white man's fault.

>If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told it's two, and that cannot be.
I almost vomited

1x1=fried chicken

We is

>It's real
rollingstone.com/tv/news/terrence-howards-dangerous-mind-20150914

There is such a infinity that's called a countable and such a infinity called uncountable

If I wanted to list all of the whole numbers. Well I can just produce a pattern and repeat it infinity times
First I start with 1, 2, 3, and I just keep going on and on

If I wanted to list all of the real numbers between 0 and 1, there is no such pattern we can create such that we could list all the real numbers.

If you ever think that you made that list, well take the first digit of the first number and change it to something completely random. The second digit of the second number, and change it to something else. If you keep going through all of the numbers on your list, well the number you created is entirely different from each number in your list

There. Basics of calculus 2 taught

Hey there Kim Jong Un

how would he 'explain' the square root of 3, 5, 7, and 8 then