OBAMA TO GIVE U.S INTERNET CONTROL OVER TO CHINA

washingtonexaminer.com/america-to-hand-off-internet-in-under-two-months/article/2599521

>The Department of Commerce is set to hand off the final vestiges of American control over the Internet to international authorities in less than two months, officials have confirmed.
>international authorities

>The move means the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority, which is responsible for interpreting numerical addresses on the Web to a readable language, will move from U.S. control to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, a multistakeholder body based in Los Angeles that includes countries such as China and Russia.

>"We have uncovered that ICANN's Beijing office is actually located within the same building as the Cyberspace Administration of China, which is the central agency within the Chinese government's censorship regime," they wrote, noting that some of the American companies involved with the transition process have already "shown a willingness to acquiesce" to Chinese demands to aid with censorship.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iDbyYGrswtg
youtube.com/watch?v=iDbyYGrswtg
theregister.co.uk/2016/05/16/chinas_new_rules_may_break_the_internet_warns_us_government/
theregister.co.uk/2016/04/08/icann_responds_to_failure_to_answer_questions/
youtube.com/watch?v=iEF8OAITB-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

don't let them slide this

nothing really different at all,

moving to a new building in la and letting other countries "participate"

How are they going to keep the main internet server going while it is getting moved? Wireless? Also how will they keep it cooled? I was thinking a freezer truck. Pic related.

I thought it was the UN not CHY-NAH

BUMP
Obama is trying to fuck up the country before he leaves as much as he can, it's like the thing with 70000 Muslims a month.

What

Sauce?

youtu.be/iDbyYGrswtg

I can't find anything on it, I've seen things on it. But that's what he wants to do

>idk
>trust me tho
>user
>Sup Forums
>telling the truth

Then be a kike it's not my fucking fault I can't find an article about it

Sensible chuckle

Fuck there goes my uncut tumblr dongers

Two months from now and we'll be back at 90's speed connection

Can someone explain what this will actually mean for the average user?

I hope this doesn't affect my finger-box supplier's website.

dial up will be huge again pls no

Thanks and archive it next time please.

youtube.com/watch?v=iDbyYGrswtg

This is illegal.

I KNEW A GUY WHO KNEW A GUY WHO TOLD ME THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME

Sup Forums is a quick board

KING NIGGER GIVING AWAY CONTROL OF MANKIND'S GREATEST AND MOST VALUABLE ASSET

I actually think it's a good thing Google is banned in China. Makes my work a pain in the ass but there are always ways to bypass it anyway. Not a problem on an individual scale.

We must do everything within our capability to raise awareness and stop this stupidity.

It's a ruse; and here's how it works.

>Can't censor net directly
>Damn and drat that darn ol' constitution stuff
>Aha, but if it's not directly under US control no problem
>Get foreign states to use world court to circumvent constitution
>"It's constitutional because muh central control of internet isn't a US thing anymore"
>le smiling statist

> it's not my fucking fault I can't
lel

Thank you for correcting the record!

>Not having tor downloaded for emergency purposes.

>it's not my fault

You were raised by a single mother, no?

This is federal property, this is like the President giving Alaska back to Russia because he feels like it. Fuck this shit. It belongs to us.

this pretty much confirms that China = NWO

as soon as they're done with their IMF business they'll pick up the reins

Europe and USA will turn into Brazil with all the thirdworlers they have imported and China will go full cyberpunk

fuck I should have learned mandarin instead of jap...

I am not even the least bit surprised any more and I honestly wish I was.
Shit like this has become far too routine.

What will happen if China has control?

MESHNETS WHEN

Cultural marxism is a disgusting and humiliating form of collective suicide.

Nothing

It will get really bad, there is a big financial fantasy bubble, financial instruments that reduced previous recessions are exhausted. It will be communism 2.0

Obummer's doing his very best to fucking burn this country to the ground out of pure spite right before Trump gets handed to it.

and they say that niggers aren't fucking stupid
(no one says this)

I told you fucking Niggers.
Shemitah confirmed. Prepare.

Communist detected

What the shit is this?

>tfw more and more information is being censored
>tfw everything is being streamlined into biased information outlets
>tfw there will soon be no place where free speech can strive
>tfw we are literally about to enter an Orwellian Dystopia

J U S T

Well it was nice knowing you fags.

Are you fucking kidding me

Prob the only thing that will get the American beta male out on the streets

fuck

Can't wait for the draconian internet censorship. No more memes that are unsavory to the elites. No more uncontrolled influences on public consciousness that deviate from the (((narrative))).

/cfg/? SHUT IT DOWN. Kek? SHUT IT DOWN. Sup Forums? These guys have been the root of all this.

SHUT
IT
DOWN

the same people who made a glass bridge to express their technological prowess and it cracks a week in?

>glass
>bridge
What the fuck

I just hope they remember to move it very carefully. It's fragile enough, fitting it all in one small box.

Please, I have enough vidya, anime and manga to last a lifetime.

OH FUCK ACTUAL HAPPENING ALERT.

I guarantee this is fucking globalist corrupt politicians selling off the internet to fucking China as an equal payoff to the debt owed to it, so it can re-open more debt contracts with China for the SAME amount owed pre-handoff.

Jesus fucking fuck.

This is big fucking news guys. We are talking open monitoring, connections being blocked, mass govt-approved keylog/hacking for card numbers and to open loans and shit in peoples names after swiping social security numbers. Sup Forums? Blocked/banned by ICANN. Posts or accounts that are negative against the next Democratic presidential candidate will be banned or outright removed.

Politicians will be able to outright pay off China to do this.

Sells of internet control.

Still in Debt

C... Can we stop them?

Will shitposting become a revolutionary act?

Do yourselves a favor, Google IANA transition and educate yourselves. There are like two posts in here that are remotely accurate.

Emergency bump.

Isn't Facebook and Twitter blocked in China???

>Isn't this a good thing in today's world???

it includes all 3 pillars homeslice, not just numbers designation

Holy shit. Remember that the NSA just leaked its major tools it uses to monitor, counterspy, and counterhack recently? I wonder if they dumped it to the internet, to the people because all that control is now going into Chinese hands. They are literally giving the tools over to the people to cause havoc on Chinese servers. Possibly signaling distress from the NSA to the people that we are about to get fucked nice and hard by China and pay to play politicians.

This could be extremely troubling.

The internet is not.. The internet is not a big truck. The internet is not something you can just dump something on.

The internet is tubes. A series of tubes.

>shakes oldfag's hand

To add: Read these 2 articles:
theregister.co.uk/2016/05/16/chinas_new_rules_may_break_the_internet_warns_us_government/

theregister.co.uk/2016/04/08/icann_responds_to_failure_to_answer_questions/

Muslim refugees may just be bullshit to keep our attention away from the real threat of China monitoring, keylogging, and outright control of our views and what we say. Its literally what Google/Twitter has been doing for anyone talking bad about Hillary - banning, shadowbanning, to outright suspension of accounts to silence opposition. We're in deep trouble.

so considering the USA is still a semi free-market, how long before we get internet 2.0 companies popping up with their own infastructure?

I do this for a living, I know what I'm talking about. There are legitimate reasons to oppose the transition but we're certainly not "giving in Internet to China"

Why am I cursed to live in the age of the incredibly stupid and brain dead apathetic drooling morons?

Guys, it's counterintuitive but this could be the breath of life the Internet desperately needs.

Let's face it, we've gotten lazy. We source our information from fewer and fewer places. As it stands right now, most people get their news from Facebook and Reddit, where mods are free to hide and censor any stories they feel don't like on a whim. The flow of information is much more unidirectional and centralized than it was even five years ago. Not to mention, with the disclosures of endemic NSA spying in 2013 (which we already knew, no idea what Snowden's fucking point was), the Internet has obviously fallen a very long way from Postel's original vision.

Some of us want to move on. Some of us see the need for meshnets, and end-to-end encryption in everything, and the economic benefit of destroying the telcos who overcharge insanely for a basic data plan. With the keys to the Internet in the hands of Facebook's SJW censors, nobody cares enough to build an alternative. However, the Chinks are going to make Ellen Pao's and Mark Zuckerberg's bullshit look like a walk in the park. When the Chinese fucking Communist Party can arbitrarily reassign US IP addresses at will and carry out domain spoofing on US backbones with no recourse to end users, people will wake up.

this is bad, this is really really really bad

Why is he doing this, what the fuck is wrong with this piece of shit doing?

>im an expert but let me not give any input, info, or hard data that contradicts what you are saying

lol

Why don't you want social media to disappear???

It's the cancer that's taken over the world

This place would probably disappear too but then we can red pill neighbourhoods instead of ourselves.

bump

bump don't slide this

if the control of the internet gets turned over to internationals the internet is fucked, big time.

Fucking Obama. He needs to fuck off with this stupid shit. He needs to get kicked in the balls for this. Why does he want to destroy the US so badly? He's gonna start a Civil War earlier than expected.

Someone needs to notify Trump about this.

>implying it's ever been different

You know that poor girl got the shit kicked out of her by her parents when she got home

Can we get Trump on this? If he speaks about this during his rallies then this makes people hate obama even more

This. I want Obama to get impeached but I know he won't get kicked out since he's leaving offive in January but the people who does the impeachment should tell him to just not do anything for the rest of his term like they did with Lyndon Johnson.

good stuff

it's important. Obama would sign over the control of the internet to international entities.

The internet is run under your constitution. It should be KEPT THAT WAY. IMAGINE THAT THE UN CAN START CONTROLLING THE INTERNET

China has actual goodboy points no? maybe it'll transfer to the internet now. We'll have unironic GBP.

Fucking emotional German alarmist. Are you a troll? A female perhaps? Every time something goes wrong in the world and a thread about it appears on Sup Forums, the loudest most obnoxious whiners are always German, and they're also consistently the posters with the least constructive contributions.

>AHHHH THE SKY IS FALLING
>SMELLY REFUGEES ARE SLEEPING IN A BUS STOP NEAR MY HOUSE
>OH GOD I CAN'T HANDLE REALITY

Deal with it. It's a meme, but it's so relevant to nearly every German poster I've encountered on the Internet within the past two years.

Good, good!

It's all part of the future NWO agenda to implant a chip at birth that identifies and tracks the individual - a built in facebook.

Pokemon GO is a test funded by CIA to learn human social behaviors and how far they're willing to go for "points". In the future, we'll have literal SJW hunting independent thinkers/dissenters for GBP which will be added to their biochip. Citizens will police themselves for GBP from Big Daddy G.

>a leaf

I'm sure you are glad about that the control of the internet will be signed over to internationals. Finally they can fully censor hatespeech and sue the company if they don't comply with their request.

>american education

china legitimately was testing last I heard GBP for those most 'patriotic' and you earned points if you reported unpatriotics. I imagine it wouldn't be too far fetched if china owns the net to see a thing similar put in place for non Chinese browsers. Best become a good goy anons, earn them sweet points and such.
One thing though, how would they enforce their laws? I mean if you break china net laws when they own the net are you arrested as you would be in china? or just banned from the net?

People have been arrested and thrown away after a kangaroo court trial.

There is no hope if things ever get that bad, and everything points to that being the direction they want to steer us. Sup Forums is the last bastion of bad goys that will fight this system. They're going to come for us first.

well I guess if they do get that bad this site will vanish as would 90% of american media sites. so there realistically wouldn't be many places for one to speak their politically incorrect opinions most likely. Guess we're all gonna need new pass times if china owns the net.

Crazy idea here, but bear with me...

*Perhaps* the death of an *old*, really shitty communications paradigm, which you didn't build and you never controlled in the first place, whose relative usefulness has been falling in recent years to the point where it's now basically a propaganda IV for most people, and which wasn't even originally designed with security in mind... is a good thing. Why? Because, *perhaps* it will accelerate the development of a *new* and decent communications paradigm which is fully adapted to the realities of a world where control over the narrative is worth more than a metric ton of gold.

The server-client model is great if you're a large building like a university campus with lots of workstations connected to a mainframe, but for broader society it sucks for all the reasons we understand. Decentralized ad-hoc networking must become the new norm if basic civil rights are to be upheld.

Maybe it was made by the same company that designed these apartment buildings made from cardboard.

youtube.com/watch?v=iEF8OAITB-E

it already is.

I'm proud to have been here with all you faggots. yes, I am a proud shitposter.

man... we might have fought 2 world wars against the germans, but when it comes to Sup Forums they are way cooler than you fucking leafs.

CHINKS NOT TAKING MY NET AWAY CUNT

>The main Internet server

NO fucking way did you take that episode of South Park seriously.

Holy fuck.

It means that instead of just the NSA, every intelligence agency in the world will know what you fap to

You're quite the slow cuckhold, m8.