Middle Earth nations

What are the real life inspiration for middle-earth nations?

Other urls found in this thread:

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Gondor
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shrine and hobits are clearly brits.

None. It's the shape of a turd Tolkien pushed out one day.

You sated now, autist?

*shire and hobbits, fuck I'm retarded.

mordor is based on USA

I think Dorwinion resembles Georgia, but I don't think Tolkien knew much about us and it's not likely that it inspired him.

>inb4 lmao pipeweed
We are no tiny people.

the map is obviously shaped similarly to Europe, West Asia and North Africa. it's obvious that i was inspired by real shit and it is not an original poo.

i was going to say orcs are the ottomans but this nigga here did a better post

Your doors in old building and your old beds are tiny, you were manlets and probably industrial radiation turned you into lanket mutants.

>Numenor
Atlantis and Ancient Egypt

>Gondor
A reunited Holy Roman empire

>Northmen
Germanic peoples in general

>Rohan
Anglo-Saxons and Goths

>Hobbits
Rural England

>Dwarves
Jews

>Elves
A mix of Celtic and Germanic folklore

This is all according to Tolkien

Why did he name Egyptian sandniggers men of the west?

We would probably be the delta of anduin with all the fishing and ships and we also have an old delta.

how to make silmarillion
>1. copy kalevala

Here it is;
>Gonder - Britain
>the western elves lands - the US
>minas tirith - france
>mordor - Soviet Russia
>isengard - Nazi Germany
>the hobbits - belgium

The story takes place before Germany invades Russia, in the Silmarion Tolkien writes that Saruman had plans to betray Sauron so even that fits with the Nazi-Soviet betrayal.

Because he wanted to? It’s his story. And he wanted a culture based on Atlantis and Egypt.

56% gondorian

Belgium is south gondor

there are no parallels other than rohan being somewhat based on the anglo-saxons
he didn't make the story as a real world allegory

Tolkien never said anything like that in the letters

I'm not saying he made the story real world allegory, I'm saying his world is obviously inspired by the real world and even his story is inspired by bible and pagan mythology.

>Writing in a letter about an impending trip in 1955, Tolkien identified Gondor as Italy.[26]

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Gondor

Pelargir should be Venice, Osgiliath is Rome

irl comparisons are bullshit though

What about the evil men, it seems like Mordor are turkroaches, they are non-human just like Turks and on the map they seem to be on the same place, if we follow than geography, to the east is Rhun which likely would be Iran

>pleb tier understanding of the Silmarilion and the trilogy
sad, guys..

Hobbits are Anglo-Saxon

Also, for those who claim that it has nothing to do with real world, Tolkien himself said that the story supposed to take place in the distant pre-historic Europe.

it has nothing to do with actual historical facts and people

Obviously. that's not what I said. It's fictional version of distant pre-historic past.

you said that Mordor is Turkey and Rhun is Iran you cheeky wanker

anglo-saxon had a more specific meaning to tolkien. the hobbits were like an idyllic merry england or deep england thing

Tolkien recycled mythology habitually. My opinion is he did the same with history. LotR is nice and all but there's not a single original thought in all of it.

well of course he was inspired from history, but he didn't want to represent any real facts or people. All fantasy literature borrows the basis from the real world

I meant that they are factions partly inspired by those nations, yes.

>not a single original thought in all of it
While true, one has to give it to Tolkien, he was very thorough and dilligent in his theft.

>mordor is based on USA
A lot of what isn't based on folklore is based on his WW1 experience, I doubt we fit into that. Besides that was when our units were proud racist whites. Ottoman is most likely. Sauron had human followers that are swarthy MENA types.

Obviously no

>What about the evil men
if i recall Return Of The King correctly the Haradrim came specifically in boats from the south as allied/mercenaries. south = Sahara
>Rhun likely would be Iran
i think many interpreted it like that, at least from what i see in the art

>Why did he name Egyptian sandniggers men of the west?
The west always respected Ancient Egypt. Unfortunately Islam warped them into the Orcs of today.

it's what makes some artists great tbhfamalam
with "music samples" and "pictorial symbols" and what not, the genius is in putting them in a blender without anyone realizing

>there are no parallels other than
Well the shore at least was based on where he grew up.

Haradrim seem to be like moors and their troll-men seem to be like niggers. really makes you think, niggers=trolls