Why does Sup Forums hate this man, again?

Why does Sup Forums hate this man, again?

Other urls found in this thread:

bigissue.com/mix/news/2427/neil-gaiman-dismisses-bonkers-scientology-suggestions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Read his comics. Then we talk.

Who is that?

Because he didn't quit while he was ahead.
He had a good start, but his writing's been shit far longer than it's been good.

Hate? Sup Forums hates who? This guy? The guy in OP's pic? Is that the guy? The guy OP is talking about, that is.

This man? We hate him?

...Because there's a segment of the fan community who just love to bitch.
And they love to bitch about Bendis, in large part, because it kills them that he's successful.
The thing is, as popular a target as Bendis is for online complainers, the bottom line is that his books sell. Don't confuse online chatter with real world sales.

Well, I sure as fuck hate that picture, anyway. Look at that fucking expression. What the fuck is that supposed to be? Whatever the fuck it is, I want to punch it right the fuck off of him. Fuck fuck fuck-AWK!

>Don't confuse online chatter with real world sales.

Twilight earned millions too user. If anything real world sales speak less about quality and more about the fact that people with money will buy just about anything.

New to comics, which of his series should I avoid (if not all)

Everything except Daredevil, Ultimate Spider-Man and Alias.

His fetish about the black man took over his writing.
I heard stories about how he stay awake at night , unable to not think about the black bull.

It clearly shows in his writing.

You have bsychological broblems :--DDD

I'm Rick Harrison, and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, "Big Hoss." Everything in here has a story and a price. One thing I've learned after 21 years - you never know what is gonna come through that door.

Sup Forums hates this guy?

Because he has to call in a buddy who's an expert on the particular item at hand, then offers a ridiculously low price.

I don't. Stargate SG-1 was awesome and General Hammond was one of my favorite characters on it. I don't think I've ever seen a thread about him before. How can you hate Hamoond of Texas?

Him able to sell books should not be a blank check for him to push out mediocre dribble.

Literally because he's popular and successful. That's what happens with geek fandom so.

So just because a commodity is popular you want people to universally adore it?
Shut up Bendis

Is today Bendis' birthday?

Grant Morrison is popular and successful
Wipe your argument off the floor

And we hate him too, although I suspect that has more to do with the fact that Final Crisis was a dumpster fire.

What about gaiman? He's popular and successful and we love him!

The front covers of Final Crisis made great posters though

I'm not on here a lot but I don't think I've ever seen him discussed here.

All I've ever seen of him wasn't even a comic book, it was an unbelievably pretentious BBC show about magic homeless people. Is that a good representation of what his work is like?

Not really
His main idea is that all myths and all stories are real and it's great fun to imagine they exist together in our world

Also, he wrote a great batman story, Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader which imagines what Batman's death would be like, regardless of time/continuity

>I don't know what Sandman is
>I don't know what Books of Magic is
>I don't know what Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader is

Back to your containment threads, Sup Forums.

He's the worst kind of shitty writer. The kind that used to be good.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who immediately thought it was him, this meme is ruining my life[/sp]

I know about them (well, the first two anyway), I just hadn't read them because I was so unimpressed with Neverwhere.

I think that's the guy, Bendis.
Bendis?
Yeah, Bendis.
The comics guy over at Marvel
Oh yeah, writer over at Marvel, Bendis.
Brian Michael Bendis
Yeah
Yeah, him.

People like you get downvoted on reddit

Bendis? THAT Bendis?
Brian Michael Bendis?
Brian Michael Bendis who writes comic books?

Are you me?

He's an overrated writer with more power than he deserves.

And Daredevil.

Secretly everyone is a Bendis fan. Sure people here like to feel they have superior taste by calling him shit, hack or whatever they want. They feel better knowing their current indy darling is way better than the top dog at Marvel because it somehow validates the comics they are reading and that's fine.

And yeah the things people complain about Bendis are true as well. He likes to write for trades with slow pacing arcs and his characteristic dialogue. Not to mention putting the stories over any kind of continuity fans want to be acknowledged.

But it's also true that what he does is exactly what Marvel needs. He actually puts some effort in trying to change and advance these characters. You people always criticize his changes because you don't want your characters to advance that fast. Maybe if a change is teased and slowly build then in ten years you will accept it but Bendis doesn't have ten years. He wants to move forward himself not wait until his grandsons do the job for him. You hate him for that but it's what Marvel need. His stories also appeal to the readers. He writes what they want to read. Compare Guardians of the Galaxy against Inhumans. Both had the same number of variants but Bendis still won because he writes the team of Guardians people are interested in reading, accuse him of waifuing or whatever but people accpeted Kitty as Star-Lord because Bendis sold her to them in the first issue. He also put the Avengers on the map and some might say he did it by using gimmicks and events but he was the one who dared to pull these gimmicks and events, and they worked. People liked it. Bendis does know what people want. Sup Forums of course has other ideas, and most likely those ideas would send Marvel into bankruptcy again.

Bendis works, and Sup Forums loves him. All the hate messages are just the way they have to show their love.

Follow the thread sempai, that reply chain was talking about Gaiman, not Bendis.

what worries me is who is going to be the next target after Bendis. Will we keep shitting on a specific writer until his fame fades? Are popular writers gonna turn into the Sup Forums equivalent of upcoming vidya on Sup Forums?

Bendis' Daredevil sucked ass.

He's a Xenu-fearing cuckold.

Spencer.

GTFO Bendis. Go fap to Riri you miserable fuckwit.

Hey, Hill-Dog can always lend him some interns to help correct our record.

bigissue.com/mix/news/2427/neil-gaiman-dismisses-bonkers-scientology-suggestions

That's what they all say.

>trusting a scientologist
>ever
ishygddt

Translation: he puts niggers in muh comics

Overall, not even nearly as bad as people make it look like here. There are a few really bad stories here and there but usually he's just normal.

I know it's cool to hate Bendis, but c'mon user

My brother once sucked his cock at a convention a few years back. He was his aid for the day and I dunno, he found out my brother was gay and asked if he could suck him off. Go figure.

His dick is fat as fuck apparently. Average size, but swollen looking.

I personally detest him for Doorman and his treatment of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Bendispeak is also fucking annoying.

Someone stop the madman

Or maybe it's too late

because pawn stars is a shitty show

>yfw the speech he gives to Bobby in Twin Peaks

actually teared up

I'm not too sure, but I've got a buddy who's an expert I'll have to call it in.

because he's a dirty two faced fucking liar.

fuck you bendis, fuck you.

We certainly don't like him very much.

How do you feel when it's a deecee writer doing it?

Why would anyone hate spurdo?

>THIS ALT UNIVERSE COMIC IS THE SAME AS THE MAIN UNIVERSE COMIC GUYS

Nice try, Sup Forums, you still can't fit in yet.

Sup Forums like every other board on Sup Forums doesn't discuss things it likes because there isn't much else to say if we're not complaining.