What was the very first webcomic you ever read?

What was the very first webcomic you ever read?

Other urls found in this thread:

sluggy.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Better Days

Either Penny Arcade or VG Cats. Probably the former.

Homestuck

Lowroad75

either that or Nothing Nice to Say

Nothing Nice to Say by a country mile.

I mean, NN2S was for sure better. I just don't remember which I read first.

I hate to admit it, but I think it really is Sabrina-Online

The Wotch.

And I still read EGS to this day.

A Bob& George subcomic, but the first official one was Bob & George.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was Sinfest.

I read CAD for way longer than I'd like to admit, stopped reading shortly after Loss

I'm sure I read some webcomics before this, but I remember White Ninja Comics being a thing in high school.

VGcats or Natch Evil
It's been a long time since 2004
In fact the first webcomic might have been ____ The Lesbian, anyone remember what her name actually was?
I remember it ended with her breaking a girl's heart who came out to her, and the girl kidnapping her and making her a bdsm slave

How am I supposed to remember so far away?

All things considered, I was lucky.

Cyanide and Happiness

I think Akuma the Hedgehog

Dr. McNinja I think, got into a couple of others through the list of links at the bottom of the page

That was so long ago, jesus. I want to say Megatokyo, but that doesn't seem right. I might have started Sam and Fuzzy first, actually. It may have been Kid Radd or Dr Mcninja, but those didn't start until 2004

Probably sexy losers, shit I dunno. It's the oldest one I remember.

You Damn Kid

Sam and Fuzzy

The Flip Project.

It was a dull black and white comic about people committing genocide via addicting people to some heroin knock off drug, then cutting off the supply and letting people go off on each other for the remaining junk.

Exploitation Now.
There are people reading this thread younger than said comics.

My Fighter and Thief can't be this cute!

Metroid sprite comic where the author avatar was a Kabutops with a Metroid face. Kabutroid, I think?

Last I checked the site they personally weren't doing so well, I think. Read like the kinds of cliches people make up about webcomic artists on Sup Forums, really. Depressed, bisexual, transgendered, and so on.

I remember the comic fondly, though, whatever it's quality actually was. It's what got me into webcomics in general.

Some megaman webcomic where they went full DBZ.
There was another where X was Megaman.exe and fucked Protoman.exe who was a spy or something. But I don't remember that one so clearly.

Some weird fractal world comic. It went through several epochs and dealt with the cyclical destruction and rebirth of the cosmos. Cool stuff .

It was mspaint black and white.

Axe cop. I should look on the site and see what happened now that the kids is, how old? 12 years old. It is on haitus and I suspect will probably end, but was funny while it lasted.

Ditto.

God I even remember posting on that forum. What a shit show.

8 Bit Theater.

I didn't expect an ending like that from a comic featuring a moogle MC.

Kevin and Kell. But it was Sluggy Freelance that first made me follow something daily.

I'm going to say it was Ansem Retort, though it may have been Megatokyo.

Also the Wotch for me. Good god.

BRAWL IN THE FAMILY

This.

Homestuck :o)

I read this a lot in middle school. I think I copied some of the jokes and tried to pass them off as original comics to my friends so I'd seem funny.

The one I remember the most and finished reading first was 'It's Walky'.
David's comics are shit now, but they used to be OK.

>Exploitation
>Sinfest

I forget which one, but it was one of these.

"Adventurers!"

I played the tie-in online TCG for a bit and skimmed through some of the later comics looking for promo codes. It was late enough in the comic that it had gotten out the awkward early phase, so I liked it enough to read it until the end.

8-bit Theater.

Polish "Bug City".
It's what got me into comicbooks in the first place.

I also blame it for my bee/wasp fetish.

Dominic Deegan.
I found it accidentally when typing random words into the web browser.

I remember thinking at one point that I should make my own webcomic, because I was better at drawing.

Misfile.

The genderbender sport racing webcomic.

Megatokyo, I think. I remember thinking it was good.

>sinfest or xkcd
watching tatsu slowly go insane was a unique experience.

The one, the only, the best:

sluggy.com

You mean the genderbent Inital D comic.

I dropped that from boredom sometime in 2003. I am astonished to find it still updating to this day.

shit mate, i can't for the life of me remember the name of it but it was a sprite style rpg comic that transitioned to what i figured were amateur photoshop drawings. I remember there was a dwarf, a rogue, elf and druid character and that the rogue character kept lusting over the druid.

White Ninja. I haven't thought about that comic in years

There just starting to upload the last pages of the series ;-;

15 or 16 years ago, my fujo sister got into some pseudo yaoishit webcomic called Boy Meets Boy and kept calling me over to read it.

>GODDAMNIT SIS I DON'T WANNA READ YOUR GAY DUDE COMIC FUCK- Huh? What's that link say? RPG World? Like those Final Fantasy games I just got into? Click on that.

Laughed for hours. My first AND all-time favorite webcomic.

Sluggy Freelance in the early 2000's after reading a science fiction/war novel that featured the titular "bun-bun"

Some Jhonen Vasquez knock off where some dude with a scarf goes with his mysterious roommate to an anime convention and gets bombarded by yaoi fangirls.

If anyone knows what it's called please tell me I really want to know.

Fireball20xl
Chaos diamonds 3
Jen/ivo

Jesus fuck has it been ten years?

User Friendly. Man, that's a blast from the past.

Also, I checked and it's still running. Art hasn't improved at all either.

VG Cats

>tfw it will never have a real ending

Ruins of the Fourth Wall

FYI, they fucked.

Funny story, I got into the Posleen War series because of Sluggy. Stopped reading both of them, though. Is Sluggy still going?

Bob & George, Sluggy Freelance or 8-Bit Theatre. I don't really recall but it would have been around 2003 or so.

Why i had to google my mothers name in the internet?

This comic broke me

Why have i become because of this? How can i go back?

You could start towards transformation fetishes, and come out the other side. Or read pic related.

It was either PVP or Sinfest.

I remember it was a drawn comic called Ruins of the Fourth Wall. It was on that Fireball20XL site, and it was about a girl who drank Dr. Pepper and had a crush on Robotnik from the sonic games.

What the fuck, in hindsight.

I did stop reading a few years ago but it seems to still come out regularly. The Posleen war was great till they time skip and humans become psychics and stupid shit like that, still read em though

Las Lindas

I'm not even a furry. I read it when it was still JUST on deviantArt.

I jumped ship when the MC was revealed to be part Prime or whatever. She was already a Mary Sue and that was just too much for me. I liked the cat sisters tho.

VGcats