As funny as the burkini ban is...how can a """first""" world government can ban the swimwear it's citizens wear?

As funny as the burkini ban is...how can a """first""" world government can ban the swimwear it's citizens wear?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33516885
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a symbol of an oppressive religious ideology that has no place in western secular societies

I really don't understand why they're banning burkinis specifically. Why not burkas?

what about freedom of religion?

>people ITT will literally argue for their right to be a slut

Thanks libertarianism!!!

I'm more curious as to why they ban this but not the actual ninja burka shit these women will weak 99% of the time.

Brits disgust me

Can you imagine how far gone western society is of they pass this?

>ma'am, I'm going to need you to reveal more skin

Just burn it all down desu

Freedom of religion doesn't mean much when a hostile religion seeks domination and subjugation, and kills all who oppose it. Islam is incompatable with the West.

Is that true?

it's almost as if every country isn't like america and can do what they want. they might even have their own laws and system of government too.

Because then any muslim can just go to the beach and rape whoever they want

This is good because if a muslim can rape your women they usually dont get pent up enough to explode you too many times

So more rape = less explosions

You only get so much, when it starts to step on other rights, it gets the stick.

Also it's not America. I don't know what France's laws are like.

agreed

i know its a sign of oppression in your degenerate hollow head, but there are still some religions that believe that modesty makes you a better person. Some are Hindus some are Buddhists some are jesus folk banning religion is insulting and oppressive. Even if you believe or disbelieve in covering of the breasts, hair etc.

wow thanks for the extra dankness for my name

You do not have the freedom to abuse and subjugate others and you can't weasel around it by claiming it's part of your religion

Europeans don't have freedom lad

Sure. What part of women wearing a fully-covering swimsuit steps on other people's rights?

Not every country is the US, mate.

Not nearly as important as national unity and coherence.

You can believe whatever you want.
There's a difference between Islam and Islamism.
Islam is a religion, which you are free to believe.
Islamism is a political system with its roots in Islam.

Praying and abstaining from pork is your religious right.
Preying in the street & wearing clothes that set you apart from the rest of the population is political.

I don't agree with the ban. I can't adequately justify banning something that doesn't cover the face.

It's almost like they're fishing for more power.

this is autism

>eurocucks
>freedom of anything
top wew

She is forced to do it because of her parents'/ husband's religion and will receive punishment for not doing it, typically physical punishment

fuck off cuck, any policy that shits on islam is a positive thing. You're more of a faggot than the french

What happens when you take in savage turd world invaders.

So ban that use of force. Why ban the clothing? There are undoubtedly devout Muslim women who want to wear this instead of something more revealing.

why is that even a thing?
ban religion all together. it's cancer to society.

it's literally nothing anyway, that's why they focus on this shit to pretend they are doing something

liars, killers, cheats and lawyers! Politicians are, politicians are from hell!

Islam is the new Communism

You faggots never learn

I bet that's never been tried before

That use of force is already banned and they still do it anyway

So how does creating a new law help, if they aren't enforcing laws that are already in place?

To clerify there are levels of modesty faith and also family dynamics to come tinto play, personally i know a few muslim women who willfully wear conservative muslim clothing, headscarf, longsleaves, i dunno if jeans really count but she wears jeans as well. Honestly gives no fucks, all her family lives elswhere she has no reason not to slut it up. Im not religious zealot but i think many people still do choose these paths, even if the religion is bullcrap or not... People should have a right to dress however they want unless you live in some fascist regime'...

Agreed. Look at how angry women get when you mention modesty. Look at all the dumb attacks they use on men and women who talk about it.

Same

It's not even freedom of religion. Freedom of dress

Politicians finding a way to show the people their "commitment" against radical Islam, while still changing nothing at all. This appeases the right wing retards, while simultaneously making the right look stupid; this will garner support for the left. The only thing this achieves is setting a precedent where it is okay to ban clothing because it is "offensive." Judging by your leading liberals eagerness to ban things that don't fit their narrative, I see no way this could be abused in the future.

Then again your post might mostly just be political. I'm venting.

They enforcing the laws they already have sand they do a miserable job of A stopping Muslims from beating/ killing women who wear what they want and B helping Muslims to fit in and integrate with modern society rather than forming their own segregated ghettos where they refuse to acknowledge and respect the laws of the land over their religious doctrine

It's not about the swimwear, it's about preventing the salami slicing of French culture and identity. Everyone can tell that the earth is moving from underneath their feet, and not in a good way. This is a jab to try and stop it.

That doesn't really answer the question.

If there are already laws in place to stop the undesirable behavior, and they are ineffective at doing so, how does adding a new law that doesn't address undesirable behavior help?

This law does nothing to stop Muslim communities from forcing women to wear specific kinds of clothes, it just stops Muslim women from going to the beach.

They're shitskin muslims. They'll never be a part of the French culture or identity you're talking about. Either keep them out entirely, or accept that they're going to do some things differently. As long as it doesn't actively harm anybody, there's no justifiable reason to ban it.

what's the difference women being forced to wear the burkini or being forced not to wear it?

what stops them from just wearing a swimsuit with some little skirt thing and what the fuck is the difference

These laws don't stop Muslim women from doing anything, it's Muslim men that do that

>can't look at body
>can look at cute feet
Aren't there any footfags in Arab countries?

I'll have to agree with the mudslimes, here. My family wears very similar swimwear at the beach. Banning something like doesn't just affect muslims but anyone who wants to dress modestly.
>t. Mennonite
>t. Definitely not Amish.

>law literally prevents muslim women from wearing a specific type of swimsuit
>"These laws don't stop Muslim women from doing anything"

kk

>people actually arguing that women should dress sluttier at the beach versus Muslims

Whoever wins we lose

They can go to the beach all they want, the problem is their husbands and fathers will try to have them honor killed for defying their religion by refusing to be controlled completely
The burka and all its gimmicky offshoots are tools they use to visually check that women are staying in line as well as forcibly separate them from the rest of society

>ban Muslim swim wear
Is this some kind of Jewish trick to activate the American "MUH FREEDOM" reflex? Get people to think we're trying to ban clothes they might wear instead of sand people.

maybe if they spent more time thinking than poop swapping they would already get islam banned

So you're claiming that 0% of Muslim women actively choose, for religious reasons, to fully cover their body? It's just the patriarchy holding them down, and real womyn got to show off their curves!

>I'm ok with this

They can go wear burkinis in Muslim countries. Women can't walk around wearing bikinis in Saudi Arabia.

no one is forced to wear burqinis you idiots. it's a voluntary choice, no one's rights are being violated

>implying that sand nigger primitives can ever truly be citizens of any first world nation
They are not even human

Ah, so you're interested in mirroring Saudi Arabia's level of human rights laws?

If you mean freedom of religion doesn't apply to violent aggression, yes.

If you mean Islamism isn't compatible with the west, yes.

0% of Muslim women have a choice, assuming we mean real, practicing Muslims instead of sand Jews that dislike pork

Deport them and stop immigration, why ban clothing, its stupid.

I'm interested in sending them all home so my country doesn't become Saudi Arabia. You think these people give the slightest fuck about your human rights?

>only people who fit in to my specific definition are REAL muslims

You're just as bad as the liberals

>religion is whatever I want religion to be
ban atheism as well, since it is undoubtedly a religion, founded upon nothing (most literally)

Let's imagine that you succeeded in doing so. Would you still support this law? Women being arbitrarily told that a specific piece of clothing is against the law?

>how can a """first""" world government can ban the swimwear it's citizens wear?
The same way they banned all the other Nazi stuff like swastikas....

banning swimwear in a vacuum is bad, but they are doing this as a step towards pushing out islam, which is a good thing.

Nope. As far as a "woman's rights" issue goes, I don't care what they wear unless there's a justification, like helmets or face masks if they're deemed a security risk. Provided they wear something.

But you're approaching this from the completely wrong direction if you're looking at that angle. These women are forced and coerced to dress like this.

Certainly not all of them. A reasonable percentage of Muslim women are honestly devout, and taking away their right to dress the way they'd like to is clearly wrong.

So what do devout Muslim women choose to wear to the beach instead? What do they choose to wear in public at all?

It's not very complimentary to Muslims to say that they all range from basically westerners to decapitating you in the street for believing a different religion

What do you mean "instead"? This is what they choose to wear. If you take that option away, they'll just be too uncomfortable to go to the beach.

kill urself shill

It's true though. Islam is a large religion with a lot of different people in it. Some are pretty secular, and some are fucking crazy.

You don't seem to understand how their communities work here. If they chose not to obey the rules, they face being ostracized at best and killed at worst. Feminists in the west get billboards banned because it makes fatties uncomfortable. How do you think they'd react if there was extreme social pressure and underlying threats of violence for women to dress like nuns?

Hypocritical bullshit. This is the most misogynistic culture in the world. Stop enabling it.

overrated hack or misunderstood genius?

Quite easily if their citizens are first class.

Why don't they just wear something else? Could it be because their religion doesn't allow it and they'll be punished if they disobey?

It's called bigotry.
No other way to put it.
It's literally telling women what they can and can't wear, UNDER THE GUISE OF PREVENTING OTHER CULTURES FROM TELLING WHAT WOMEN CAN AND CAN'T WEAR!
France is literally an extremist secular government.

Are you unaware of the fact that there are Muslim women who live outside of these ghettos? And that some of them continue to be devout?

I'm not saying that Muslim communities are in a good place, I'm saying that picking on something harmless instead of addressing the real problems is a cowardly copout and an abuse of power.

>1 post by this id
wew

Freedom of religion is bad. We should maintain the rights to say "no, you cannot practice this religion"

>Country full of gommies
>Kill gommies
>Chile isn't shit tier today as a result
Sounds based to me

Haha
Underrated post!

It could also be that their religion doesn't allow it, even if there is no punishment. You know, sort of like how devout Christian girls don't have sex before marriage?

Are you just under the assumption that absolutely all Muslims are part of these abusive communities? Because that's not true.

Guess which demographic is being poured into Europe at an alarming rate from the Middle East and North Africa

>putting lifeguards lives at risk because someone essentially wants to wear a trash bag that will pull them under water and a scarf that will waterboard them with each wave.

We ban infant clothing that isn't flame retardant so our kids don't go up like a chimney. We can ban trash bags so people can't sue public places when they drown.

This is a completely unrelated tangent. It has nothing to do with whether or not someone should be allowed to wear a specific swimsuit.

I'm aware that I'm talking to liberal metropolitan American who has never even met the sort of people we're talking about here. The sort of people France is dealing with.

In the UK we had 11,000 "honour killings" in the space of four years. All of them involved women who rejected the oppressive misogynistic culture they're subjected to in MY free society.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33516885

11,000 women murdered for exercising their right to free choice. Hundreds of thousands more are not killed, but severely beaten or otherwise abused, even raped, when they exercise that right of choice.

The time for tolerating it is over.

Show me a sect of modern day Catholics who punish their daughters for having premarital sex with regular burnings, stonings, and decapitations

Sick

Then ban Islam. Kick them all out. But this kind of law is what pussies do to say they're solving the problem while doing nothing, and if you support it, you're a cuck.

It's not unrelated at all, modern Muslim women in European countries are suffering Stone Age punishments for disobeying an ancient religion by men in their lives because of how they dress
This is incompatible with a secular society as it allows a man's religious beliefs to override the safety and life of another person

> Ban Islam

I would if I were king, but muh human rights. Muh right to religion. It's fucked. Our own enlightenment society is killing itself.

If Muslims ever gain a majority, they will impose this on us all.

Haha, you're such a fucking coward.

It's literally against the law to burn, stone, and decapitate people in our countries. We already have laws in place to handle this

Your argument is that all Muslims are oppressive misogynists, and that's just untrue. Even if the majority are, this law doesn't help the women under the thrall of a mini-dictator, it just stops the ones who are free from being comfortable at the beach. It's stupid bullshit.

Seeing women in gimp suits makes everyone else uncomfortable at the beach

And seeing fit women in bikinis makes SJWs uncomfortable, better ban that too.