Transformers Animated, cancelled after 42 episodes

>Transformers Animated, cancelled after 42 episodes
>Transformers Prime, cancelled after 65 episodes
>Transformers Rescue Bots, almost 100 episodes and still going

Anybody else find this weird? I mean, not that there's anything wrong with Rescue Bots but the fact that it's going longer than either of the previous shows strikes me as odd considering it's aimed at a much younger audience

Yes, it's weird that Animated was allowed to have 42 episodes.

It's pretty cheap.

Audiences change, costs change, & tastes change even within the same demographic.

>second from the right

who is this semen demon

That's Chase, the Police-Bot.

His name is Chase. He's very by the books.

I believe user is referring to the redhead.

Heatwave? He's a fire engine.

I believe user is referring to the Caucasian woman with hair of a reddish hue wearing the jumpsuit, standing next to the nigger child.

That's racist.

Don't you tell me what I'm looking for.

Blades? He turns into a Helicopter.

It makes money. It will continue to exist until it stops making money. Also probably really cheap to make compared to Animated or Prime.

He is also gaybot heheh

Hasbro doesn't order things based on how many episodes they want it to have, they order based on how much money it made and how many retailers and investors want to see it keep going.

TFA didn't do well enough for a third episode order (season 1 and 2 were developed back to back, thats why there was no break between them), Prime didn't do well enough for a fourth episode order, Rescue Bots did. That is all there is to it.

There's nothing weird about it, it's actualy super predictable how Hasbro does things. Just look at the Horse Show reaching 6 seasons and a movie.

>There's nothing weird about it
What's weird is that it's doing better than the previous shows to begin with, which from what I can remember both had more people talking about them than Rescue Bots and on the toy side of things, I don't ever see people talk about Rescue Bots toys either...that's the weird thing, that it is apparently doing better than either show enough to stay on the air longer than them

>Just look at the Horse Show reaching 6 seasons and a movie.
What about it?

People talking about it has never mattered. Like ever. It's not nerds that drive these things, the tumblr posts and geek praise don't sell these toys. Little kids do. That's true for the show aimed at kids and even more intense for the one aimed at toddlers like Rescue Bots. Again, not weird, you are just misinformed about the reality of the business, if people talking meant anything TFA would be in it's fifth season by now. But it doesn't.

And the horse show has become the single longest running Hasbro series simply because it's succesful and keeps selling and thus they keep ordering more, that's what I meant with it's example.

No I know that, but that's all part of it too...the people who had things to bitch about in terms of the toys from the previous two shows would be the nerd/adult geeks, and even still they bought the toys, I don't see many adult collectors buying up Rescue Bots toys and I can't really imagine the Rescue Bots toyline selling more than either, since it's specifically for very young kids...like the pre school demo, if I was a 7 year old kid I would have been wanting TF Prime figures, not Rescue Bots

I understand they do things based on what sells, but what I'm getting at is that it's very weird that Rescue Bots apparently is selling better than those other franchises since it targets a very specific demo rather than a more broad one

Why?Do you prefer the term "ginger" ?

Prime has Robots in Disguise as its sequel series. Unless you're asshurt it doesn't follow the artstyle of Prime aka looking like psudo-bayformers trash.

Broad as according to your biased vision. Just because you, second-guessing your children's choices, would want Prime over Rescue Bots it doesn't mean actual kids feel the same.

Stop thinking about you, this is relevant, stop thinking about fellow nerds, none of that is important. The product is out there, it clicked with kids, so kids bought it, that is all there is to it. You see people talking about it online? That is nothing. These are worldwide lines. They're sold in the deepst parts of India to kids that will buy them play with them grow up into adults that will never give it a second thought other than a childhood memory. Adult collectors are the niche, the main audience doesn't at wide use internet sites to talk about it.

>Prime didn't do well enough for a fourth episode order.

They planned for 3 seasons since the beginning.

It still doesn't make sense to me, considering I collected Transformers as a kid, grew up in a neighborhood where other kids did as well and knowing what we liked back then I just don't see kids older than....well, the playskool age, wanting playskool Transformers

Is it? Oh yeah, and Prime is related to WFC and FOC too...riiiiiiight.

If the shows are so related, does it ever explain what happens to any of the characters other than Bumblebee? Does it explain why Decepticons have become beastformers for no apparent reason?

Look, I haven't even watched the new show past the first handful of episodes and it didn't seem that awful, I'm not hating on it, but if you think it's a true sequel to Prime, get real bro

Beast Wars was as dramatic of a change as you could get from G1, and yet you could clearly still see how it was a sequel and how it got to that place

If you honestly can't wrap your head around the fact that kids like something you think you wouldn't like then my conversation here is over.

Do the toys really sell that well?

Huh. Who knew preschoolers would be TF's salvation.

>kids
Do you know the demo for Rescue Bots pal? They're made for kids who can't have regular Transformers because they would choke on the small parts

That is....VERY young, they are basically the same as the MLP toys for extremely young kids that don't even come with toy brushes, it's for BABIES, not "kids" even

It wouldn't surprise me if that demo was actually higher selling than the
7-10 demo, because that demo doesn't have video games to compete with toys

It helps that the show has maintained it's level of quality throughout. My kid loves the show even now, and she can't stick with any other show for even one season. It helps that the toys are way cheaper to make too, and they sell really well. Our local toystore is sold out hours after getting a new box. Kids love it.

>either of the previous shows

Rescue Bots started its run concurrently with Prime's season 2. It's also in the same continuity.