Why aren't Americans bilingual? Seriously, every civilized country speaks more than one language. Plus...

Why aren't Americans bilingual? Seriously, every civilized country speaks more than one language. Plus, the language that Americans would learn (Spanish) is easy as fuck to learn.

Because the entire civilised world speaks english.
Learning a second language would be a waste of time.

>wanting to learn the language of your mexican conquerors

You are, you speak Spanish and English.

>Seriously, every civilized country speaks more than one language.

Yes. They speak their native language, and they also speak English.

The benefit of being bilingual, for every other country on earth, is that they can speak English.

The benefit for us, is nothing, because we already speak it.

Why should I have to learn a second language if I already know my native language? Anyone coming to America needs to learn English or they can go back.

>internalize negative states

Sounds like a great way to make a fucking sperg

I WILL DIE BEFORE I LEARN SPANISH!

Spanish is an ugly garbage language. There are prettier languages to learn, with more worthwhile media to enjoy.

>Seriously, every civilized country speaks more than one language.

If driving from California to Florida put you through regions with 5 different languages, you'd be multilingual too, faggot.

English is the best language. There's no reason to know any others.

it trains your mind

thats like saying why should you learn maths when calculators

I want to learn Norwegian

This pic is pure shit, but learning languages is fun.

>How do you call a person who can speak two languages?

>A bilingual

>And How do you call a person who can speak three languages?

>A trilingual

>And four language?

>Quatrilingual

>And how do you call a person who can speak only one language?

>An American

I'm not against learning another language, but why should I learn the language of worthless peasants?

you have to go back

Don't bother, Norwegians are cunts.

That infographic is the fucking poster boy for "correlation =/= causation".

Smart people learn new languages. They also earn more money, make decisions better, and have fewer neurological issues.

I'm not opposed in principle to teaching kids a second language but anything that makes it easier for spics to invade can fuck off.
German, Latin, French even.

>2016
>not being polyglot

not at all like math and calculators

its more like i dont need a bike because i have a car

>Why aren't Americans bilingual?
They are but you must have heard there not from your millennial american education.

Norwegian is a shitty language and literally all Norwegians know English. don't waste your time

go for Russian or Spanish

We all are. We speak english and ebonics (at least those of us that have been through a drive thru in the last 40 years)

Because anyone that matters knows english.

We do though, most of us understand English and Ebonics.

English and polish growing up, learned spanish and italian before the finish of high school

I've never cared for these infographics stating possible benefits when it's been said once, it's been said a thousand times - correlation isn't causation. Kids learning a second language could be in an environment where they already have tons of resources to be perused and people to talk to. Think of rich kids with tutors or private schools. Meanwhile, of course poor kids don't have these same outlets and resources, let alone the means for easily and consistently learning another language, so when they act up and misbehave, it's because they weren't bilingual, right? Well of course not.

And it shouldn't be a possible explanation for a child being better behaved, either. Make no mistake, it's good to know another language like Spanish, French, Russian, German, Japanese, etc, but your only real benefit is going to be that you know the language. Anything else is very likely woo.

What do you call the people whose language everyone else wants to learn?

Americans

The only reason other countries are bilingual is because they need to learn English to be successful

This is a good point. If I was wealthy growing up I'd speak like 6 languages. All I wanted to do was immerse myself in foreign languages but it just wasn't possible because I was poor.

Fuck being bilingual, I just wish my fellow burgers would master the english language in all its majesty. English as read in the original KJV Bible was in my opinion the peak of our language and why The Lord Almighty had his word translated at that time.

Tl:dr Fuck bilingual and multucult societies, it degrades both languages and allows for filthy urchin pidgeon to take root.

Because whythe fuck would anyone want to speak mexican?

why learn what everyone else has to learn to talk with the best?

Learning a second language is for aspirational social climbers, either to seem more cultured than they are or to join a superior culture.

If your country is economically strong (Japan) or on top within its cultural sphere (France and Spain within the respective French and Spanish speaking world) or a combination of both (America, Britain) then you don't need to.

I have seen quite a lot of burgerbros with a pretty good french here, although I am not sure if being billingual is of much use to americans since most people worth something professionally are capable of basic english nowadays.

I was never rich or attended anything other than public school and we were introduced to french in 1st grade. Then I moved school and we took french again in 6th grade, Spanish in 7th and German in 8th. In 9th grade we could choose a language to learn for 4 years if we wanted. I chose German and then also picked up Latin as part of a humanities class.

The reason I stopped taking language courses was because the only useful language to learn as an American is Spanish and I dont want to sully my tongue with that filthy pig latin.

lad...

government public school classes aren't an effective mode of language learning

Why are you eurocucks so buttmad about Americans only bothering to learn one language? Other nations like Canada barring Quebec, Australia, Japan, China, etc only bother to learn one language, but I don't see you faggots crying about them.

it depends where you are

in the south lots of people know spanish

north people know french more often

you actually shouldn't some math. In fact they barely teach parts of it nowdays. 50 years ago you had to memorize your tables "what is x times y" way up to where x and y are in the hundreds.
China used to teach abacus (and still does for lolz) but it is useless because of calculators.

It is better to teach theory and application of math, than just memorization.

t. PhD in biomath

We don't. We all learn french but everyone forgets it instantly after leaving school because there's no use for it.

>Speaking Nigger Languages
no thanks op

Well op, I'm completely convinced. Time to start demanding that latinos learn English.

basically this. good job leaf

>Why aren't Americans bilingual?

English is a weird language to learn so they stick to Spanish.

'No hablo inglés.' ~ Typical Amerilard in the 21st century.

What about the metric system?
And the sport you call football but is not the real football?

Do whatever you like, nobody is buttmad, it's only banter.